New Job Master and Level Expansion - Page 2 - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New Job Master and Level Expansion

53 replies to this topic

#26 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

This might be sort of interesting, especially to the people who have reached and are bored of the current endgame.  I am curious about the wording of it.  Does this mean Profession (jobs) are being expanded upon, or will rebirths toss on another class on top of what we have.  Considering how many skills are mixed from Second and Third Class into what we have now, it would be kind of mess if it isn't handled right.

But at the same time, I'm kind of hoping that it does clear up and make many unused skills better.  And of course if I could get another Lif to go with my Noel, that'd be great. :hmm:

3 things...

1.) I've seen you around in-game. Your character name is one of those that's hard to miss.

2.) Pertaining to your sig; what the hell did I just read?

3.) You said "ANOTHER Lif." Does that mean that Soulmakers have a Lif doll, or something?

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 17 September 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#27 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

The games still going through stages. But meh, it'll get updated over time.

New epic content?

Probably next year.

#28 MadamOnara

MadamOnara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

3 things...

1.) I've seen you around in-game. Your character name is one of those that's hard to miss.

2.) Pertaining to your sig; what the hell did I just read?

3.) You said "ANOTHER Lif." Does that mean that Soulmakers have a Lif doll, or something?

1:) I know right.  I was going to go with Lilmisfit, but then I thought I'd have some fun with it and there we go, LilMissFart.  The soulmaker no one wants to stand downwind of!  

2:) It's a quote from Tenchi Muyo, with a couple parts taken out.  I don't wanna be too lewd now do I?

3:) No, we don't.  It'd be nice if we did have one though. Of course I'd settle for a Lif costume.

#29 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Gravity, it's okay if Koreans don't like you, you can move to America, the land of plenty and the home of your loving yet irate customers.

#30 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

3:) No, we don't.  It'd be nice if we did have one though. Of course I'd settle for a Lif costume.

Hopefully you mean the green Lif as a costume? :p_conf:

#31 MadamOnara

MadamOnara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Hopefully you mean the green Lif as a costume? :p_conf:

Maybe both.  With tasteful roses for the red.  But I'd settle for green.

#32 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

Maybe both.  With tasteful roses for the red.  But I'd settle for green.

Guess that could be for females, and Amistr for males? :p_laugh:

I could see Amistr on Noels. Poodle-sheep-demons with a poofy tip of their tail. :p_laugh:

#33 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

2:) It's a quote from Tenchi Muyo, with a couple parts taken out.  I don't wanna be too lewd now do I?

I KNEW I'd heard that from somewhere before!  Geez, it's been so long since the Tenchi Muyo days... Too long, but I'mma guess that quote was Ryoko from how it was worded.

On topic:

I heard in RO1 each subclass had another subclass at level 50 or something.  If that happens here, we'd have 24 end classes instead of 12?  And here I was finally getting so close to lvl 50 of one of every class. XD

Edited by 2534130520102140553, 17 September 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#34 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Makes you wonder what the classes/levels will be. Will they give us an upgrade of our previous class or will it expand once again? Since all classes have 25 levels worth of skill points, does that mean the level cap will rise to 75? Who knows :) All I know is, I'm excited. Love to see knight get their spear back! That's my #1 concern. Mounted combat for swordies would be nice as well.

#35 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

I KNEW I'd heard that from somewhere before!  Geez, it's been so long since the Tenchi Muyo days... Too long, but I'mma guess that quote was Ryoko from how it was worded.

On topic:

I heard in RO1 each subclass had another subclass at level 50 or something.  If that happens here, we'd have 24 end classes instead of 12?  And here I was finally getting so close to lvl 50 of one of every class. XD

Not sure what you mean by subclass, but in RO it's:

Novice -> First Class (ie swordsman, archer, etc) -> Second Class (which branched to two different classes for each First Class so for example Swordsman could become Knight or Crusader) -> Transcendent class or Third Class (since you can choose to Transcend and become a High Novice -> High First Class -> then change to your Transcendent Class -> Third Class or you could just go from Second Class to Third Class)

So it would be Novice -> First Class -> Second Class -> Third class 

or if you Transcended (transcending gives you 25% more hp and sp, 20 more skill points, new transcendent skills for second class, can use gears for transcendent classes):

Novice -> First Class -> Second Class -> then transcend, which makes you into a High Novice -> High First Class -> Transcendent Second Class -> Third Class 

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Classes

Edited by inuko23, 17 September 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#36 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Ah, I see, so instead of choosing between two more classes at the second or third class change, there's a single class to upgrade to (i.e. Monk goes to Champion, not High Pirest).  That would make more sense resource-wise.

#37 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Ah, I see, so instead of choosing between two more classes at the second or third class change, there's a single class to upgrade to (i.e. Monk goes to Champion, not High Pirest).  That would make more sense resource-wise.

RO2 could very well change it, though.

They could do 2 more options at 50, and 2 again at 75. Or, could do 1 option at 50, then 2 options for class change when you reach 75. Or, they could do 2 options at 50, and 1 option at 75. Who knows? :p_laugh:

It'll probably be just 1 option at 50, and 1 option at 75, and possibly 1 option (or 2 options) at 100. People say that RO2 is similar to Fiesta a lot, so I could see that happening.

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 17 September 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#38 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

Upgrades to the current second class sounds more likely methinks... We've already got the main roles saturated with different classes already. What's important is either the class' main role is strengthened, or their secondary role improved (ie. Monk damage dealers).

Besides, with the RO2 world being as linear as it is, I have a hard time believing they will give us a choice :wah:

#39 Freakonomics

Freakonomics

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationMorroc/GuildHouse/WOEmap/DWU~
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

I want a warrior with that Bad ass Dual Wield Swords, or a Big Axe. Maybe they can be like give two options. Warrior > Dual Wield(Semi DPS/Focus on Single target Attacks) or Big Axe Wielder's(Focus on Defense/Tanking and Has Big AOE attacks) Something like that.

#40 Drizzled

Drizzled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

Upgrades to the current second class sounds more likely methinks... We've already got the main roles saturated with different classes already. What's important is either the class' main role is strengthened, or their secondary role improved (ie. Monk damage dealers).

Besides, with the RO2 world being as linear as it is, I have a hard time believing they will give us a choice :wah:

What about sorcerer though? Honest question, I assumed if they put a new job changer in it'd mean going to your respective transcendent class from RO1. but what about sorcerer?

Sorcerer is already the highest job a sage can achieve in RO1. Does that mean they'd revert back to scholars?

#41 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Sorc could be Professor. If Knight turns into Lord Knight i will just facepalm because Knight is really Crusader and should become Paladin and Warrior is really Knight and should turn into Lord Knight.

Really what would Warrior be called Berserker ;/?

Edited by Haboob, 17 September 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#42 KedahMai

KedahMai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

If there is a 2 new Job for Every 2nd class now...that would be really nice. But...fat hope
e.g 
Knight - Crusader (Sword Shield) / Dark Knight (Halberd)
Warrior - Soldier (1st Class) / Mercenaries (Axe)
Priest - Bishop / Summoner (Demon)
Monk - Archmonk / Teakwon
Assassin - Assassin X / Ninja
Rogue - Stalker / Gangster
Ranger - Sniper / Gunslinger
Beast Master - Conjurer Beast / Conjurer Demon
Wizard - High Wizard / Shaman
Sorcerer - Sage / Alchemist 
Crecentia - Elf (Staff or pole) / Dimago (katana) 
Soul Maker - Soul Whisperer (El Shima) / Soul Devourer (That guy that killed Lunawan)

Credit : To unknown resources.. :3

Edited by KedahMai, 17 September 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#43 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'd honestly be content with a class upgrade, new skills, but the option to choose build based on weapon type/gear type. Have two types of gear for certain classes.

Champions (Monks) could have access to gear with mid-level Str/Int gear, with high-level Agi (Say something like 75 Str, 75 Int, 150 Agi) with DPS stats, or have the option for high-level Str/Int with mid-level Agi (75 Agi, 150 Str, 150 Int), with TANK stats. Seriously, they've gotta give us Agi, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?!? :p_swt:  Three rights make a left. Three lefts also make a right. Left is the opposite of right. Wrong is the opposite of right. This means, if left can be right, then wrong can be right, because left is not right, but can make a right, and because left is not right, it is wrong. This must be the logic Devs use when deciding to allow broken classes to continue to be broken.  While that has nothing to do with what I'm about to say; fix Monks, dammit!

Point is, giving classes that currently have practically one option for builds to have two just by changing their access to gear types. Monks and BMs have that already, but our main stats on those gear are still pretty much set toward Tanking, even on our "DPS" gear.

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 19 September 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#44 VriskaTsubaki

VriskaTsubaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNifflheim
  • Server:Odin (?)

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

I hope Rogues come back again as Prankmasters! I need Full Strip Again! xD

#45 Ishvarna

Ishvarna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

I hope Rogues come back again as Prankmasters! I need Full Strip Again! xD

Full Strip won't be a thing (at least not in the way we all remember it) for one simple reason: The inventory system. What happens when a victim's inventory is full when they get stripped? Do they drop the items that are stripped? Do they stay equipped? Having a skill that is either potentially grieftastic or fully countered by a game mechanic that has little to do with the actual battle system is just poor design.

On the other hand I can see strip skills applying a debuff that blocks the attributes from items equipped in a certain slot. Seeing that colo already sort of does this with equipment stat normalization we know its at least possible within the game engine already.

#46 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

What about sorcerer though? Honest question, I assumed if they put a new job changer in it'd mean going to your respective transcendent class from RO1. but what about sorcerer?

Sorcerer is already the highest job a sage can achieve in RO1. Does that mean they'd revert back to scholars?

Beastmasters didn't exist in RO1, so I'd say we have to get out of the mindset that certain classes in RO2 are directly related to their RO1 counterparts, and will advance as such.

Even if they borrowed names from RO1, we can't expect it to carry the same meaning. Look at Cross Impact..

All I hope for is more build variety!  :p_idea:

#47 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Full Strip won't be a thing (at least not in the way we all remember it) for one simple reason: The inventory system. What happens when a victim's inventory is full when they get stripped? Do they drop the items that are stripped? Do they stay equipped? Having a skill that is either potentially grieftastic or fully countered by a game mechanic that has little to do with the actual battle system is just poor design.

On the other hand I can see strip skills applying a debuff that blocks the attributes from items equipped in a certain slot. Seeing that colo already sort of does this with equipment stat normalization we know its at least possible within the game engine already.

They could make it give a chance to make all equipment act as broken for 10 seconds. It would still be equipped. They could also make it additionally increase damage by 25% for 10 seconds on monsters (including bosses), since they don't wear armor.

But, they removed many Thief skills already (Stone Throw, Back Slide, Steal), and nerfed the way Cloaking and Hiding worked so that they couldn't be used in battle (for Assassins, anyway).

Beastmasters didn't exist in RO1, so I'd say we have to get out of the mindset that certain classes in RO2 are directly related to their RO1 counterparts, and will advance as such.

Even if they borrowed names from RO1, we can't expect it to carry the same meaning. Look at Cross Impact..

All I hope for is more build variety!  :p_idea:

Sorcerer and Ranger are most likely just descriptions more than pulling names from Third class. The names could also just be mistranslations (which do happen a lot in this game), but I'm unsure. Their clothing looks nothing like Sages or Professors, and also looks nothing like Sorcerer clothing, but it looks closest to Sorcerer clothing. However, saying it looks close isn't enough of an argument to say that they're based on that class.

Honestly, the classes in this game seem to pull abilities from many classes from RO1, not just their own branch (look at Soulmakers, for example).

Still, all of that considered, I could still see RO2 using RO1 as a template. Why? Because that's how they started out, even though they changed 95% of it. GOTW was already changed 95%, so one could say RO2: LOTS had another 75-85% of content changes since GOTW. Basically, RO2 is maybe 1-10% of RO1 at this point, but that might just be enough to hope for classes to be referenced, at least in name, if not appearance.

#48 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

The Warrior class could definitely use some form of ranged attack though... Wind Cutter!   (sounds better than Sonic Wave)

If and when the updates come though, get ready for a slew of bugs :heh:

Sorcerer and Ranger are most likely just descriptions more than pulling names from Third class. The names could also just be mistranslations (which do happen a lot in this game), but I'm unsure. Their clothing looks nothing like Sages or Professors, and also looks nothing like Sorcerer clothing, but it looks closest to Sorcerer clothing. However, saying it looks close isn't enough of an argument to say that they're based on that class.

Sorry, were you rehashing what I said or was my sentence badly written? :wah:

#49 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

The Warrior class could definitely use some form of ranged attack though... Wind Cutter!   (sounds better than Sonic Wave)

If and when the updates come though, get ready for a slew of bugs :heh:

Sorry, were you rehashing what I said or was my sentence badly written? :wah:

Yeah no worries, I was just basically expanding upon what you said in regards to BM, and what you said in regards to what Drizzled had said. I'm basically saying that we can't know the direction they're going for sure just based on names alone, and BM isn't really a valid argument against that either, and that's simply BECAUSE it didn't exist. Just because it didn't exist in RO1 does not mean they're still not going to use RO1 classes as a base template.

RO1 was long considered Gravity's best game. It still has many players today, despite the 2.5 dimensional graphics (actually, that's one of the things that fascinates me about the game, because I like games like that). They're most certainly going to look at RO1 first when developing new classes for RO2.

#50 Ishvarna

Ishvarna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

They could always bring Rune Knight back in name as a nod to both the novels and RO1.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users