[Pets in Raids] How to kill any raid boss with 2 players (w/ Vids) - Page 5 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Pets in Raids] How to kill any raid boss with 2 players (w/ Vids)

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#101 IXGHOSTXI

IXGHOSTXI

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

does anyone here understand why pets are important and stay same as they are?. first we all know how hard dungeons are and these pets are helping make it easy and those pets required for dungeons are not easy to get unless u have tons of zeny. in colo these pets help u in some extent but if u die against a pet then you just proved how weak you are. and last thing. in woe how easy do u think it is to slow over 100 players down so u can get to the top? lol answer is your pet can lock 1 player or 2 and thats about it. no one is gonna stay in a spot and keep locking players because it is a race to the emperium. when u r geared like Y3H and his team of course its easy to kill those lower raid dungeons. pets are not making it op. their dps is making it op because pet atk is base on ur atk. i promise you once these useful pets get reduced or useless then you will start to complain, lets see how you guys run rmh and aod.

#102 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

does anyone here understand why pets are important and stay same as they are?. first we all know how hard dungeons are and these pets are helping make it easy and those pets required for dungeons are not easy to get unless u have tons of zeny. in colo these pets help u in some extent but if u die against a pet then you just proved how weak you are. and last thing. in woe how easy do u think it is to slow over 100 players down so u can get to the top? lol answer is your pet can lock 1 player or 2 and thats about it. no one is gonna stay in a spot and keep locking players because it is a race to the emperium. when u r geared like Y3H and his team of course its easy to kill those lower raid dungeons. pets are not making it op. their dps is making it op because pet atk is base on ur atk. i promise you once these useful pets get reduced or useless then you will start to complain, lets see how you guys run rmh and aod.

People have beaten RM H without pets already (and without noel classes).  The dungeons are mainly difficult because they have terrible combat coding and no one in Korea feels like extensively testing it. Before all the nerfs/updates to Ratmaster it was literally IMPOSSIBLE to deal enough damage to each turtle on hard mode within 1 minute like the fight required (this was before guild skill buffs & noel classes). 

I don't think you understand how the CC effects of pets are broken when they work on bosses and in colo and how in colo it's not that players die from pets (though level 3 mermaid is like 2k+ damage a hit) but that they get frozen in place for 30 seconds or cannot get a kill because they are infinitely chainstunned.

In woe I think its 1 button to summon a pet & slow down 100 players so you can get to the top, so I would say on a scale from 1 to 10 its -1000 in terms of difficulty.  Also with all the culling and horrible visual lag/gltiches the majority of the time all the pets (and players) are invisible so you won't even know what's hitting you.

Finally, pets cannot be attacked or affected by any sort of battle effects whatsoever, so when someone uses a pet in PVP or on a raid boss as long as they don't die they have 0 fear in anything interfering with their pet wreaking havoc on everything.  This fact alone is a huge part in why CC effects of pets especially break any sort of difficulty in the game when cycled.

#103 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

You don't seem to understand that it does not matter what you are wearing as long as the bosses are chain stunned/frozen. They do not touch you, do not cast aoes, and when they enrage, they cannot touch you either.

What else is needed to make people understand that you don't even need any gear to beat bosses like that? A video of 2 naked rangers beating a PVE-h boss with 2 CC pets in 30 minutes?

(the only stat you may need is vigor, and you can probably do it without vigor too. And rangers need some white npc bow to be able to shoot)

Edited by elvenne, 20 September 2013 - 12:42 AM.

#104 IXGHOSTXI

IXGHOSTXI

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

Yeah stuns in most games don't work on bosses for a reason. This really needs to get fixed already. I don't mind pets being able to cause damage or mild debuffs to bosses and such but this is just flat out broken.

so when boss cannot be cc'd anymore then how do you plan on taking a boss with enrage 300%?. seems like you do not understand the use of the pets in high end raids. lets see how you kill pve with just cc pets when ur underequips. please noobs do not think for a sec that this pets makes it easy for you to kill bosses in pve, u cannot compare your selves to experienced up to date geared teams. these guys run raids too much as you can call them pros. nothing has changed beside the gap of stats from AOD hard gear. i cant wait for Chaos to come out and make regular raid dungeons looks weaker and see how new players react and say its op. i know allot of players in game who have embus and stun pets but sucks in game. my point here is you need SKILL and EXPERIENCE! having pet does not change anything unless you have the two key things i mention "SKILLS and EXPERIENCE" and if you guys still feel threatened on pets (LOL) then ask GM to make the DNA harder to obtain since everyone needs to train on simple bosses b4 acquiring the boss and moving forward learning new possibilities and added to you boss mechanics option to be able to carry those weak players and assist the whole team to advance.

#105 Inquisitore

Inquisitore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAmbasciata Akkyliana a Cadwallon

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

Sadly for you Chaos is considered so easy compared to AoD and CoA that is not even fun.

#106 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

so when boss cannot be cc'd anymore then how do you plan on taking a boss with enrage 300%?. seems like you do not understand the use of the pets in high end raids. lets see how you kill pve with just cc pets when ur underequips. please noobs do not think for a sec that this pets makes it easy for you to kill bosses in pve, u cannot compare your selves to experienced up to date geared teams. these guys run raids too much as you can call them pros. nothing has changed beside the gap of stats from AOD hard gear. i cant wait for Chaos to come out and make regular raid dungeons looks weaker and see how new players react and say its op. i know allot of players in game who have embus and stun pets but sucks in game. my point here is you need SKILL and EXPERIENCE! having pet does not change anything unless you have the two key things i mention "SKILLS and EXPERIENCE" and if you guys still feel threatened on pets (LOL) then ask GM to make the DNA harder to obtain since everyone needs to train on simple bosses b4 acquiring the boss and moving forward learning new possibilities and added to you boss mechanics option to be able to carry those weak players and assist the whole team to advance.

You seem to not understand the issue being exposed. We don't mind pets dealing 3k blows to a boss, we don't mind pets debuffing the boss for -30% atk. we don't mind pets DoTing the bosses for 1k/sec.

What we mind is the fact that freeze/stun can pretty much disable any boss. Progressing through the content must be challenging and rewarding.

I always make raids with my guild, not caring much about how "undergeared" we are. We were able to do Vador X/Y with 1 T1 tank (Me, 1 1/2 months ago), 1 T1 Priest, 1 RHD Sorc and 7 less-than-rhd DPS (2x wiz, 2x monk, 3x ranger). Everyone using common pets... Ninetales, Furseal, Sohee... The most Powerful pet we had back then was a Garbong. Being able to slay both Vador's like this was awesome (I would have recorded it, but my computer lags out too much when I record). We had to leave the raid because it took too long due to how low our DPS was (we didn't even wipe).

I don't mind fights becoming easier. I mind fights becoming avoidable.

#107 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

...what? Bosses not being CC'd is how things worked for most of this server's lifetime.. plenty of guilds still do raids without pets, so I don't get your point? Obviously if you're undergeared and pets don't CC, it'll be hard to complete it.. but it's not like pve (your example) is hard to get geared for.

#108 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

I am amazed by people who rely on stun pets still keep saying it is "SKILLS and EXPERIENCE"

You hit enrage timer = reach the time limit = fail

Boss are supposed to be killed before it get enraged and wipe the raid group

Dev are just being nice to still give you a chance to beat it.

Edited by ChopChopz, 20 September 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#109 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

i cant wait for Chaos to come out and make regular raid dungeons looks weaker and see how new players react and say its op.

oooo yea, kinda like how pve-hard is impossible, coa-hard was impossible, aod was impossible, and now chaos will be impossible!

just bring it

SEA fanboys think everything is impossible. Do you know why they come here on these forums and say things are impossible?

Spoiler

#110 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

I'd say to keep the CC since people farmed for it but make it so that people can't chain them. I don't mind if someone stunned the RM for like a mere few seconds then kept going. Or if the mini's summoned got stunned. What i do mind tho, is a disable of the MVP altogether, would that make priests / sorcs/ supports useless in the end? All u need is dps. 

#111 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

If you keep the CC on bosses, you can always use them at the right time to prevent boss mechanics

Almost all mechanics in this game are HP-based, which means if you stun and then DPS through that HP, nothing will happen

I gave a lot of of examples of uses where CC pets are useful, even if they don't work on the bosses, so if anyone uses that argument "but I spent time getting my cc pet!" - It's still super useful...

#112 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

Wow! i was like...

1282786204310.jpg?1318992465

#113 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

Interesting thing about the HP triggered effects...

We just tried to chain stun/freeze MM for fun... but once that chain was broken, several tornadoes spawned and several AOEs hit in succession. o.O

o well.

#114 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

Interesting thing about the HP triggered effects...

We just tried to chain stun/freeze MM for fun... but once that chain was broken, several tornadoes spawned and several AOEs hit in succession. o.O

o well.

lol, so instead of negating it, all you're doing is building up all the attacks into a single moment :thumb2:

#115 Problembaer

Problembaer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

Why isnt this Thread at the Bug Forum ?

Bosses can be stunned? this cant be wanted

justmy2cents

#116 ZefirusKZ

ZefirusKZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

lol

#117 englishtealite

englishtealite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

So any GM/CM responses?

Edited by englishtealite, 21 September 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#118 wakkyz

wakkyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I THINK WE NEED MORE EVIDENCE GUYS

#119 englishtealite

englishtealite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

what do you guy's think of this?

#120 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

OH SH*T PIERREESSS

it's too bad no one will ever understand, maybe the "most dedicated" archangels bros knew if... oh wait

Edited by mysticalre, 21 September 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#121 Dontcare01254

Dontcare01254

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

Cool game.

#122 Chiffon

Chiffon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

yesssss now I can play without spending another zeny on pots

#123 wakkyz

wakkyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

fun facts: this was with only 3 embus

conclusion: priest/tanks needs to reroll to dps class, might as well start rerolling while you're ahead guys

#124 Mehaperson

Mehaperson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Odin-US

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

Bump

#125 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

CAN GUILE THEME REALLY GO WITH ANYTHING??

Ramort-Hard with pet stuns

Spoiler

vs.

Ramort-Hard legit

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users