Nontradable items exploitation discussion thread - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Nontradable items exploitation discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#26 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

THe " other " server fixed the problem, then went on to find out that they had another exploitable bug that would cause it again :) 

I wouldn't compare this server to SEA since there's no gms online, and ur tickets dont get auto responses then get a full on explanation of what was done and then another email for closed ticket. 

#27 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

THe " other " server fixed the problem, then went on to find out that they had another exploitable bug that would cause it again :)

I wouldn't compare this server to SEA since there's no gms online, and ur tickets dont get auto responses then get a full on explanation of what was done and then another email for closed ticket. 

They "fixed" the problem here as well. A new exploit was discovered. 

#28 justicecracker19

justicecracker19

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

okie check it ??578472_647576965260217_549646880_n.jpg

I saw this chick too. Also how did you change the color of the menus :p_omg:

I'm gonna start taking pics of people exploiting like this one in the pic.

#29 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

They "fixed" the problem here as well. A new exploit was discovered. 

Which is why ... whoever said the other server " fixed it " isn't really proving their point that WP is not using the same patch. 

#30 eimichan

eimichan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Odin ~

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

I do not agree with using this exploit for financial gain. 

I do not agree with using this exploit to obtain an unfair advantage. 

I do not agree with using this exploit to obtain gamebreaking items. 

I do agree with the concept of using this bug to transfer personal items accountwide. 

I do agree with the concept of using this bug to trade bound items (within reason) to friends/family/guildmates(?) assuming profitable gain is not involved.

These directly contradict each other.

I don't understand how something, for example like trading a pandora wep to an alt/guildy wouldn't be considered profitable, game breaking and unfair all at the same time :/

Just because someone worked hard and decked out a character doesn't mean all his other characters should automatically be equally geared when the characters in question didn't go trough the rigmarole that everyone else has to go trough, regardless of what items are in question ~

At the end of the day however, rules are rules.

If the devs/publishers decide to make something tradable, they can just do so, rather than people trying to discuss the ethics involved in bug abuse.

#31 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Isn't this event giving free gear anyway, kicking a ton of people who worked hard to get full colo in the balls?

If it is to make gear tradeable, make it during those "give away" events only, if so. During normal circunstances, leave them untradeable. Would make everything better.

Profitable = involves (large) gain of zeny. Transfering to an alt that is under your control doesn't sound bad to me, since it will be YOU who will play with it, and YOU did the work yourself to get the said item.

People see "omg, colo!" like it is something major unfair. CoA doesn't get a lot easier easier with colo stuff. While CoA is doable with crafted items, most people go to colo stuff in order to seriously try it. While it feels like "skiping content", in fact you're not. Colo was supposed to be a secondary way to get equips, and most people in the server hate colo, just doing it since they "need that black gear". I myself only crafted the shirt because i felt i needed it (since pve shirt drops are quite problematic), but there was no real need for it. If there was CoA before Colo, it would be a totally different story.

People who opened vends and put high zeny for any cannot trade item deserve a lifetime ban by the simple fact that they wanted to get richier by exploiting. There is a consensus about that.

People who just transfered items around are different from that. While they "cut corners", there was no zeny gain. For those, a warning and removal of the offending items seems of a good measure. A warning that next time they cross the line on anything, they will get the banhammer. But some may say "they deserve to be punished!", and they are being punished. They will lose the items they got by the exploit, so there won't be any gain in the end. Probably add some days of suspension for them to think about it.

If it is to apply rules to the max without any consideration per case, then a lot of people would have been banned. It is pretty much a matter of handling the situation carefully. I do believe from Zanbee's announce in the foruns that they are doing just that. Analizing each case and giving the proper measure of punishment.

They already banned those who were obnoxiously selling stuff. Served 'em right.

Edited by 2204130521212213647, 20 September 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#32 Trinida

Trinida

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Locationu now..a cave..
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos loki r.o2

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

+1 Like all ... I want to see you actually apply sanctions to take warning i never again abuse this never ever :p_sad:

#33 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

It is fair that the GMs already gave fair warning about exploiting the trade bug... whether for profit or just to transfer bound items to your alt accounts. Yet some people do still ignore such warnings.

So I'd say ban them, fair warning was given and they still took such risk. Just because there is a flaw in the game, doesn't mean you are free to abuse such flaws. Don't blame people you got banned for exploiting. You guys already know it is wrong to exploit in the first place.

In real life.. ignorantia legis neminem excusat .. ignorance of the law excuses no one.

Edited by VanS3n, 20 September 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#34 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

I saw this chick too. Also how did you change the color of the menus :p_omg:

I'm gonna start taking pics of people exploiting like this one in the pic.

Do not post them on the forums unless you did what Acetot did and blocked out their name. Even then we would rather you submit a ticket and forward the ticket number to Zanbee in the forums PM inbox with an explanation of what the ticket is about.

#35 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

B, for bans :3

#36 Mounie

Mounie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

I really hope they will ban everybody abusing this - especially for Colo weapon but not only.

I really hope they will do it  also for past weeks/months ... But I am also pretty sure this is going to be a huge huge work and not sure GM team is big enough to handle this :/

Maybe a solution could be to Name colo weapon with player name so even if there is a name switch the player can prove it.

Rumors still seems to say a very large number of player already got abused items - Rumors also spread about strong guilds having abuse quite often of this bug.

I don't know if it is true or wrong - I don't care about rumors... So I won't give guilds names because too many player could simply say wrong things because they might be jealous or else...

But I do care about getting confirmation from GM that actually they will ban people whatever old the abuse was and whatever guild the person is in - so no giving up if let's say XX person in the same guild abused while they are also cash-shoppers.

#37 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

^ Ban Hammer that lvl 50 bwhahah.

#38 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Don't forget your ticket.

I kinda wish that Zanbee would join this conversation and show us what they are doing to each case stereotype they find, or at least let us know of how things are going on the matter.

Edited by 2204130521212213647, 21 September 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#39 justicecracker19

justicecracker19

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

Removed pic since it showed the name. Same guy in Alberta.

Edited by justicecracker19, 21 September 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#40 sedfrer

sedfrer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Just been on a raid with full colo cres and sm i wonder if their items are done legitly or their guild friends just pass on colo gears to them. makes me somehow jealous

#41 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Maybe they should do a inventory wipe of all equipment 8D.

#42 RORose

RORose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

"I am doing it because everyone else is!" : Learn how can you overcome peer pressure!

#43 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

My last reminder to not have names on any screenshots you post.

#44 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

I don't see a problem with names on the screenshots this time...

Edited by 2204130521212213647, 21 September 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#45 Freakonomics

Freakonomics

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationMorroc/GuildHouse/WOEmap/DWU~
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

Why should we censor their names if the evidence is clear enough lol.

Anyway, Here I am, still having a hard time to get colo equips in all my 3 characters (2 needs 3 more parts, one needs four parts), then somehow, a wild Crescentia/Soulmaker with Full Colo equip appears?

That's WOW, just WOW ...

Now, rumors said 70-90% of the population did these exploit, that's why I kinda doubt if WP will ban all of these people, that will be a big loss on the community, as well as WP's $.$ right? Well whatever happens, I hope it will be for the greater good of the community.

#46 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

a rotten apple will destroy the entire basket ;3, just ban the **** out of dem :3

#47 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

Just been on a raid with full colo cres and sm i wonder if their items are done legitly or their guild friends just pass on colo gears to them. makes me somehow jealous

Funny how somneone said after the fifth day of noel patch "Oh we just premade and let our sm get all the kills" and was fully geared... To start even full colo winning for five days doesn't give you the full set and unless you have 300% good luck the boxes drop also other classes.

I won't eat that garbage of excuse.

#48 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

Why should we censor their names if the evidence is clear enough lol.

Forum rules. Always supreme.

A great deal of the community used the exploit, it is certain.

Will WP apply ban/wipe to everyone who tried (and/or were able) to sell or trade such items? I highly doubt. Why? Because it is counterproductive. It will cause a great impact on the community. No one wants to play on an empty server. It is hard enough to find a party to do some dungeons, so making the population smaller will only make it worse. Also there is the $$$$ motive. Like Freakonomics said.

#49 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

Forum rules. Always supreme.

A great deal of the community used the exploit, it is certain.

Will WP apply ban/wipe to everyone who tried (and/or were able) to sell or trade such items? I highly doubt. Why? Because it is counterproductive. It will cause a great impact on the community. No one wants to play on an empty server. It is hard enough to find a party to do some dungeons, so making the population smaller will only make it worse. Also there is the $$$$ motive. Like Freakonomics said.

the legit players like me "which also $$$$ this place" will quit if the exploiters are not permabanned :3. your move, creep.

#50 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

You are someone who don't think about the situation properly. Probably self centered, but that's not the case here.

Variable degrees of exploit deserve variable degrees of punishment.

I put quite a bit of cash in the game, and I'm not all "*cries* They didn't ban everyone! I'm gonna quit! *cries*".

Not everyone is an evil person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users