Nontradable items exploitation discussion thread - Page 9 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Nontradable items exploitation discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#201 Inquisitore

Inquisitore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAmbasciata Akkyliana a Cadwallon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Pretty much: Player X used bug when no money is involved -> remove items that were traded using the bug -> player A no longer has the items -> No need for permaban or account wipe -> Player A loses unfairly-gained advantage. -> Everyone is happy.

I still don't get why some people feel that other need to be permabanned or lose everything when there a ton of other alternatives where the bug abuser still ends up with nothing, and with a chance to keep playing.

Excluding those who tried to/had a big zenny profit. Those must be permabanned without mercy.

You have a really distorted perspective on how this bug work and how people abused it.

Really distorted perspective.

#202 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

You have a really distorted perspective on how this bug work and how people abused it.

Really distorted perspective.

Of course, thinking of a more fair approach means having a distorted perspective. It is funny how people just do that when you go against their "perfect" ideas and they can't to a decent, valid reply. It is obvious that people traded a lot of stuff, more than equipment. But for equipment, the point of the majority of the discussion, it fits.

I can't come up with anything else to type here, there is nothing more to be said aside from what has been said. Maybe I should quote that announcement Zanbee did in the forums and add some comments about how they could trace even zenny around the server.

Edited by 2204130521212213647, 25 September 2013 - 12:04 AM.

#203 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Edit:

3u07g.png

jeez, i sure do hope that's something you just pulled out of ur ass, because if it weren't : faith in humanity -1, i don't want to live on this planet anymore.

also, i'm curious bro, which percentage do you fit in?

#204 Inquisitore

Inquisitore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAmbasciata Akkyliana a Cadwallon

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

Of course, thinking of a more fair approach means having a distorted perspective. It is funny how people just do that when you go against their "perfect" ideas and they can't to a decent, valid reply. It is obvious that people traded a lot of stuff, more than equipment. But for equipment, the point of the majority of the discussion, it fits.

I can't come up with anything else to type here, there is nothing more to be said aside from what has been said. Maybe I should quote that announcement Zanbee did in the forums and add some comments about how they could trace even zenny around the server.

Dude, yes you are distorted.

You have not a iota of idea how this bug work so your perception is not only biased but so wrong it is not even funny only sad.

This bug cannot be used in no way in the way you think your "fair user" have used it.

#205 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

i just saw like 5 shops selling colo gear...even some latinos admitted the use of vending bug to get their colo gears...i reported them too, they think i don't understand spanish but i just sat and read every single word about they did.

#206 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

Not everybody is using trade bug.. it is just an assumption of those who know how to trade bug to make themselves feel better ... "Like everybody is doing it, so why can't we." 

Not everybody is desperate for colo gear or whatever gear there is... 

So for those who says 90% of the server is using trade bug.. XD XD  I hope you have enough evidence to back up your claim. 

We can do an expirement on it if the GM is willing, like temporary ban everybody who did trade bug.. lets see how many people are in the server.

So please don't include us in your lot, 

#207 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

Dude, yes you are distorted.

You have not a iota of idea how this bug work so your perception is not only biased but so wrong it is not even funny only sad.

This bug cannot be used in no way in the way you think your "fair user" have used it.

WOW, i can't believe i read this... This guy needs to learn to read, or have some serious issues. I never defended the exploit, and always defended fair punishment. Still it is valid and strong punishment. Sometimes I think people go to the internet and their brains stop working properly and they selectively read stuff around, if they ever do. :(missing facepalm smiley):

Today kids, we learned: fair punishment is wrong! Because some new god said so.

Man, I'm amazed by this. I posted tons of times saying punishment should be dished out to abusers, but in fair ammounts, and them some random guy says that... It is too stupid to be true.

Making a reference to some post I did, "the idea of transfering items around the same account is a good idea, but by a legit way".

Excuse-me, raela

dissapointedtennant_zpsd735f2a0.gif

"Are you f-ing serious?"

Edited by 2204130521212213647, 25 September 2013 - 02:56 AM.

#208 BaphometJunior

BaphometJunior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

BANNN them all! rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. or just wipe their new recent traded/purchase item =D

#209 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

i just saw like 5 shops selling colo gear...even some latinos admitted the use of vending bug to get their colo gears...i reported them too, they think i don't understand spanish but i just sat and read every single word about they did.

If you submitted proof they will probably be punished harshly since it's well after WP gave the cease and desist order.

As for people that exploited the bug before WP gave an official statement, we'll see in what happens in the coming days.

#210 VanS3n

VanS3n

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 949 posts
  • Twitter:vans3n
  • LocationItaly | Philippines

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

We all see the notice given by the GMs in the game in RED TEXT from time to time. So anybody who still are abusing said bugs have no excuse whatsoever. And in my opinion warrants them bans. 

#211 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

Exploiters should receive the same treatment, yes?

Actually no. There are many scenarios.

• Someone that gave a colo piece to a friend
  • Someone that gave a Pyramid skill/stat (Character Bound) reset to their alt
  • Someone that sold Raid dungeon tokens and Colo gear for profit

In those 3 cases each person or persons exploited but the impact and level of their exploitation varies greatly.

So no I don't think all exploiters should receive the same treatment. There may be a baseline punishment or something given to every player just for exploiting, and that would be fine, but I personally would rather they come down harder on more serious offenders and people dumb enough to get caught/blatantly sell the items.

In a society or community nothing good comes from an indiscriminate heavy handed approach. Either way time will tell.

#212 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

Actually no. There are many scenarios.

• Someone that gave a colo piece to a friend
  • Someone that gave a Pyramid skill/stat (Character Bound) reset to their alt
  • Someone that sold Raid dungeon tokens and Colo gear for profit

In those 3 cases each person or persons exploited but the impact and level of their exploitation varies greatly.

So no I don't think all exploiters should receive the same treatment. There may be a baseline punishment or something given to every player just for exploiting, and that would be fine, but I personally would rather they come down harder on more serious offenders and people dumb enough to get caught/blatantly sell the items.

In a society or community nothing good comes from an indiscriminate heavy handed approach. Either way time will tell.

:thumb2:

#213 Problembaer

Problembaer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

your Scenarios doesnt matter, they are all Exploiters.

Where is the Banhammer :bow: :bow:

#214 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

Your tears are taste delicious like those jelly donuts you're holding.

#215 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

Ban them all and show no mercy. This is not the time to show weakness, ban them and let them not plague this game ever again!

#216 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

LOL the nerds are soooo mad hahahaha.

#217 2204130521212213647

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

It is fun to see those ban extremists rage when you propose a better solution than their own.

#218 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:01 AM

Racist alert.

lol, they were speaking on spanish and talking about the entire exploiting issue, also saying they got the gears due this bug, i encourage everyone to report this toxic troll posts so we won't see him ever again <3

Edit: i'm myself a latin so is not racism you bridge troll <3.

another Edit: how can i spy them in purpose?, they were talking in alberta ch1 all loud, lmao XD. silly people are silly.

Edited by HunkSurvivor, 25 September 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#219 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

I think most of them are just trolling.

#220 Mehaperson

Mehaperson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Odin-US

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

0 TOLERANCE AGAINST THE EXPLOITERS, PERMABAN ALL THEIR IDS FOREVER

Greetings,

Please do not attempt any other illegal trades of bound items. If you attempt another trade in the future all items may either be wiped or your account permanently suspended. 

Thank You for your cooperation and understanding.

Otter

Customer Service Representative
WarpPortal Support Team

Discuss.

#221 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

omg.... please don't tell me they're just handing out a slap on the wrist.

#222 2186130521195602510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Server:Odin.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Greetings,

Please do not attempt any other illegal trades of bound items. If you attempt another trade in the future all items may either be wiped or your account permanently suspended. 

Otter

WarpPortal Support Team

Discuss.

This makes me feel that I should have abused the bug to get my character full colo and large bags... Seriously, cheating and just a pat on the head and a "Don't do it again"?.
How do I ask for taking back the money I invested in this game?.

#223 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

This makes me feel that I should have abused the bug to get my character full colo and large bags... Seriously, cheating and just a pat on the head and a "Don't do it again"?.

I feel the same, especially about the Large Bags, since the bound item trading allowed you to get them on characters existing before the leveling reward boxes. Rather then waiting for some event where you don't even know if you'll get them or not. The bug was a fairly easy thing to do, I could've done it myself and gotten Large Bags on all the old characters but... decided not to go against the rules. And thus we who didn't use the bug are the real ones who are paying by being behind the others?

#224 2186130521195602510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Server:Odin.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

I feel the same, especially about the Large Bags, since the bound item trading allowed you to get them on characters existing before the leveling reward boxes. Rather then waiting for some event where you don't even know if you'll get them or not. The bug was a fairly easy thing to do, I could've done it myself and gotten Large Bags on all the old characters but... decided not to go against the rules. And thus we who didn't use the bug are the real ones who are paying by being behind the others?

At least they could give us something, I don't know, a Victory Medal at least, because of the effort, or something useful to be on par of the cheaters... I really want my money back right now, but I know that asking for it is like doing the rain dance.

#225 JoshObra

JoshObra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Odin (SN: UrAwFuL)

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

Greetings,

Otter

WarpPortal Support Team

Discuss.

I'll take that. 

But then again, those who sold the stuff for Zeny and completely abused this (ie: full colo overnight) should be given harsher treatment.

And how did you get that message in the first place?  :p_swt:

EDIT: Oh wait, it's a trap.

Edited by JoshObra, 25 September 2013 - 02:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users