10/9 John Lennon's Birthday maintenance - Page 14 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

10/9 John Lennon's Birthday maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
362 replies to this topic

#326 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos and Thor

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Is there an actual Halloween Quest? I didn't see anything on the OP about it, & there isn't anything on the website, in regards to it.

There is a Halloween Quest it was on the playragnarok event page http://www.playragna...aspx?id=298&p=1

It's the return of the Ecto Exterminator's quest<---this guide can be found still on irowiki since its a quest from 2011

It is also currently STILL bugged so noone can complete the quest. Me and some others are still waiting for a reply on fixing that.

#327 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Ah thanks I overlooked it, because I didn't look back to the start of the month, back to last week.

So it's a re-run quest from 2011...haha

That's why I never try to do the quests immediately. They are ALWAYS bugged for the first couple of weeks.

#328 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Can we get a comment on woe 1 times. This change is ridiculous without proper feedback. Can you guys do this maybe a few months from now to adjust my schedule? ~_~

Change maint time, not woe time.

Edited by Sapphic, 10 October 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#329 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Can we get a comment on woe 1 times. This change is ridiculous without proper feedback. Can you guys do this maybe a few months from now to adjust my schedule? ~_~

Change maint time, not woe time.

This is what Oda said:

We are going ahead with the WoE change Wednesdays ---> Tuesdays starting on the 22nd and will be updating the investment system so it doesn't break when the day is changed. 

#330 josechen

josechen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

hmmm i dont see in main post the ahlloween quest update please  :S

#331 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

hmmm i dont see in main post the ahlloween quest update please  :S

*facepalm* please read my previous comment for that info. <_<

#332 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

Did the server happen to go down again, during the night, before this morning? When I went to get on again this morning all my clients were disconnected.

This just started after maintenance.

#333 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:40 AM

No, but their connection did go down for about an hour.

#334 ShamStalin

ShamStalin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

Can you make Eggs available on npc please :DDDDDDDD

#335 ShamStalin

ShamStalin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

I wont complain if double exp goes away, but put an alternative healing items, I need EGGS >:D /gg

#336 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

eggs are easy to get if you have a turkey hat (which is assuming why you need eggs)....

#337 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

No, but their connection did go down for about an hour.

They lost their connection for about an hour but this didn't cause disconnects?

If they didn't have a connection how did the servers stay up?

#338 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

Your servers died, and so did the website, i just barely managed to log right now

#339 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

& yet another server disconnect. Every day now since maintenance again!!!

If these problems are continuing to occur due to your ISP, & not because of something else, then you guys need to seriously find a new ISP.

The only thing I care about it you guys fixing these server problems PERMANENTLY!

Edited by Razzez, 11 October 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#340 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

I wont complain if double exp goes away, but put an alternative healing items, I need EGGS > :D /gg

^this

but honestly, i think the days of them giving us alternative healing methods are over. the new warp portal has gotten so greedy, itll be a cold day in hell before we ever see a quest for something awesome like that again

#341 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

Your servers died, and so did the website, i just barely managed to log right now

& yet another server disconnect. Every day now since maintenance again!!!

If these problems are continuing to occur due to your ISP, & not because of something else, then you guys need to seriously find a new ISP.

The only thing I care about it you guys fixing these server problems PERMANENTLY!

it was an attack again not their connection issues or anything else causing the problems. in other words ro was hacked DDOS again :/

Edited by RoseRed21, 13 October 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#342 ShamStalin

ShamStalin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

eggs are easy to get if you have a turkey hat (which is assuming why you need eggs)....

They give good amount of heal with Turkey Hat, not as good as Witch of Pumpkin Hat though, still its decent to keep my hp 90% all the time..  Slims going 5k each now... which not everyone can afford :o

Agree yes? D:

Don't worry, Eggs wont overtake slims :D Players still using Slims for WOE <3

#343 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

Edited by bloodyrascal, 12 October 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#344 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

Well, pumpkins are dropped too if WPH is worn, but you'll see how much difference it will make if they remove that vegetable vendor xD
Infact, I think this request is really valid and now even I wish for an egg vendor xD
I wanna state few more points in the way in which its better than Witch Pumpkin Hat.
1. You get more max hp/sp, even though it heals less.
2. The hat cheaper than witch pumpkin hat.
3. You don't need to wear any mask which takes away your mid and lower headgear slot to get the effect.
4. The egg weighs equally same as a pumpkin.
5. And when we can have NPCs selling pumpkin for WPH, carrot for Rudolf, fresh fish for Fish in Mouth, then why not eggs for Turkey?

As far as I remember, the Event NPC during Easter, was giving out eggs for zeny.

Edited by bloodyrascal, 12 October 2013 - 06:06 AM.

#345 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

it was an attack again not their connection issues or anything else causing the problems. in other words ro was hacked :/

If there was an attack, then it was one that disrupted their connection to the rest of the Internet. Many players only care about the most significant end result--the game servers becoming inaccessible--which is the same in both cases, but there are important differences between connection-only issues and issues that directly affect the game servers.

In the latter case (which we experienced several times for a week after the last major update) the game servers' operations effectively terminate, and the portion of the game world managed by an afflicted server grinds to a halt. If you're in game and being attacked by a giant mob when it happens, you survive. When the servers are restarted, all non-persistent state is lost: MVPs immediately spawn, branched monsters cease to exist, etc.

In the former, the servers stay running the entire time. Your character likely gets mauled to death before the server decides to eject you from the game. MVPs don't respawn and so on because the servers don't have to be restarted.

#346 RoseRed21

RoseRed21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

If there was an attack, then it was one that disrupted their connection to the rest of the Internet. Many players only care about the most significant end result--the game servers becoming inaccessible--which is the same in both cases, but there are important differences between connection-only issues and issues that directly affect the game servers.

In the latter case (which we experienced several times for a week after the last major update) the game servers' operations effectively terminate, and the portion of the game world managed by an afflicted server grinds to a halt. If you're in game and being attacked by a giant mob when it happens, you survive. When the servers are restarted, all non-persistent state is lost: MVPs immediately spawn, branched monsters cease to exist, etc.

In the former, the servers stay running the entire time. Your character likely gets mauled to death before the server decides to eject you from the game. MVPs don't respawn and so on because the servers don't have to be restarted.

it was indeed an attack but like you said people only care bout the results of it not the cause.

#347 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

i have over a thousand eggs in storage.... i dont need healing items anymore... but i still collect them to sell to people who do need them...

#348 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

it was an attack again not their connection issues or anything else causing the problems. in other words ro was hacked :/

This doesn't make any sense. I seriously doubt RO was hacked, & it wouldn't be again, since they never have been before.

There have been DDOS attacks in the past which are completely different. This is done worldwide often. If RO was hacked then it would have been down a whole lot longer then it was.

I'm just glad things stayed connected last night without any problems.

BTW the GM's even sent an in game message, saying they were working on ISP issues, yesterday.

Edited by Razzez, 12 October 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#349 VModBlueberry

VModBlueberry

Space Cowboy

• WarpPortal VM
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationSpace
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

Stop the drama  :pif:  and stay ON-TOPIC, else I will have to HIDE the posts or Lock the Topic.

We have other topics to discuss about ISP issues.

Edited by VolunteerMod06, 13 October 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#350 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

So once again tonight the server crashes along with the forums.

I have an idea. Why don't we change maintenance to once a month, other than TI changes, unless you need to fix something simple?

Maybe that will reduce the problems after maintenance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users