Awake Darkness needs to be Toggle - Page 2 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Awake Darkness needs to be Toggle

57 replies to this topic

#26 RiketzKarlom

RiketzKarlom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

I don't agree with this suggestion.

Crescentias ATK/MATK modifier is already high. If they have +35% on at all times as well as +35% movement speed and finally 15% damage reduction, they would be broken. Furthermore, access to a 105% MATK every 10 seconds without vigor? That is far too high. This would also be broken on a Soul Maker. Laying on DoTs while in that form, as well as Death Grip is too much.

I can't agree. That's far too much power without any cost. Sins get away with it because their gear is not the best thing around. Their class is designed to be fast and do burst damage. Crescentia's DoTs all target the long term.

Sorry but if Crescentia's could keep their form, then I ask that Monk's Fury Explosion be changed to Awaken Fury, giving us 35% ATK power, 35% Movement Speed and 15% Damage Reduction.

I'd agree with this if Crescentia could even remotely achieve the crit rating, dodge, or even parry of other classes. Even with the Stigma buff, it's a far cry from even a Warrior's crit rating, let alone dodge or parry, so the 30% attack buff and 15% defense buff is more like something that levels the playing field. They still can't hope to match a Sin's DPS, and soon as the Crescentia is taken out, they're forced to no move speed bonus, no ranged attacks that are beyond a minor annoyance and all have cooldowns, super low defense, and no Hiding. They basically just get kited and wait to get picked off, the class without Awake is terrible endgame. Silence, Stun, a myriad of things can stop Death Grip in its tracks, though I can see how it'd be considered OP from the outside looking in.

I have also read your suggestions on improving Monk and agree with them wholeheartedly. I actually refuse to play one until they have some form of spammable AoE like the rest of the tanks.

Of course, I'd sure as hell love Steel Body, Endure, or any form of defensive skill or toggle that every other DPS class seems to get, but the form being a toggle would be a decent tradeoff. Death Grip sounds OP, but it really really isn't. Please just try soloing one to 50 or going into PvP, then just try and say the same thing about having too much ranged damage, because it sure as hell doesn't have a lot else going for it, at all.

Edited by RiketzKarlom, 10 October 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#27 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on a train.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Crescentia is not DPS oriented. They are support with some DPS, much like how Soul Maker is support with some DPS.

Awaken Darkness has too many advantages. ATK power, Movement Speed and Defense? If this was on all the time, Crescentias would be very overpowered. They already have more Magic Attack than a Soul Maker and their attack power can easily rival a Rogues (even with doping). The stats are their, it's the skill % modifiers that keep them at bay. It's too much of an advantage to have on all the time. What is stopping a Crescentia from kiting a melee class and DoTing them, while running away at speeds only a Sin could match?

It would be unfair. If this were to happen, I'd ask for it happen on Soul Makers too. I would also like the form to be nerfed.

#28 RiketzKarlom

RiketzKarlom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

Crescentia is not DPS oriented. They are support with some DPS, much like how Soul Maker is support with some DPS.

Awaken Darkness has too many advantages. ATK power, Movement Speed and Defense? If this was on all the time, Crescentias would be very overpowered. They already have more Magic Attack than a Soul Maker and their attack power can easily rival a Rogues (even with doping). The stats are their, it's the skill % modifiers that keep them at bay. It's too much of an advantage to have on all the time. What is stopping a Crescentia from kiting a melee class and DoTing them, while running away at speeds only a Sin could match?

It would be unfair. If this were to happen, I'd ask for it happen on Soul Makers too. I would also like the form to be nerfed.

What would stop a Crescentia from killing another DPS class while running away? How about being a sitting duck through these cast times, most of their actual good skills' animations, and having low dodge/parry? It's also not like they have a skill like Camo, Hiding, Steel Body, Endure, Gangster's Paradise, or any form of healing or damage reduction whatsoever... so yes, lots of things that allows most other DPS classes a shot at taking out a Cresc before they can do anything, even if their skill was a toggle.

Also, the magic attack issue was fixed in the patch earlier today. What you keep refering to as "advantages" are more like equalizers. I do believe Monk and Rogue could benefit from upped move speed, too, but that's off-topic. Also, if you read the posts on page 1, Soul Maker, and ideas about it having a toggle, has been thoroughly discussed in detail.

Edited by RiketzKarlom, 10 October 2013 - 01:16 PM.

#29 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Again, just for the note, Crescentia DEF increase from «Awakening: Darkness» is of a max of a 10% but it is not flat.

Also, Crescentia Crit rate in Colosseum as before the first patch was of barely an 8%, after that it has become of a 1.37%, having the 10% DEF increase (which is already unreliable) is very unlikely unless we are dealing with large mobs.

Edit:

I've tested my Crescentia on this after patch colo, both ATK and MATK are 2.3k, I knew ATK would be further nerfed because of the equalization of both parameters, but I gotta say that was a lot less than I expected. And MATK got boosted from 1.5 to 2.3k nonetheless...

Both their DoTs «Crucio» and «Furnuculus» does a descent damange for my view, and I have them at lvl 1 and 3 respectively. Not to mention «Curse Burst» also can do pretty descent damange when acumulating Stigmas, all of that working together it is possible to kite people to their death by throwing «Earth Worm» into the dissaster.

What I found odd was that my tempest never ceased to do 1.2k damange, but that might have been my ridiculous bad luck coming into play and getting parried every single time...

Sadly had no oportunity to check on «Death Grip», but Im pretty sure to expect damange rocketing from non-crit 2.5 to 3k from it.

Given this, I can't help to believe that having «Awakening: Darkness» as a toggle would make this class quite overpowered for the colosseum environment, or PvP in general.

Might require more testing...

Edited by Leinzan, 10 October 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#30 Ayakaya

Ayakaya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

I definitely foresee how OP permanent Awake:Darkness would become.  No other class would have so many top-tier self-buffs in a single skill, and Awake:Darkness would lose its' only weakness in downtime + high CD.  I don't want to see any kind of nerf to Awake:Darkness' buff values, and that seems like the most obvious line of thought to follow if the skill were to become a toggle.  We definitely have high potential base atk + matk, but remember we also share Monk's lack of Agi and all that entails.

I'll try to share some insight on our perspective of the unique melee/ranged hybridization a Crecentia experiences in relation to other classes:

-Our melee DPS skills are very similar to Monks, where we have nearly identical versions of RB, CB and Gfist.

-Our ranged DPS skills are similar either directly or in a combination of every DPS skill a Priest can have, although the amount of DPS we're outputting if only doing ranged kiting is between that of a Hybrid and DPS Priest.  Half our nukes have 15m range rather than 20m, one of those being Death Grip, so this poses a huge weakness against other Ranged classes.  We can only slow every 13-15s to be able to safely pull off a Death Grip, so the 10s CD is not maximized in kiting.  Other things to omit when kiting: Evanesco (not receiving any dmg to reflect) + Contingency (a melee-applied DoT).

Now keep in mind that doing only one between melee & ranged means a Crecentia is taking away both focus and time from doing the other.  To maintain the low duration Crucio or cast Death Grip in melee range is more difficult due to cast times, while focusing on only melee DPS can be a significant drop in total DPS especially for those DoT-build users.  Also, it's a very slow-to-start DPS class where everything requires build-up, from the burst skills to DoTs to AoEs.  We are also the 2nd or 3rd class that has no instant teleport gap-closers besides Sorcs and now SMs, though we have a decent cc skill each in compensation.

What would stop a Crescentia from killing another DPS class while running away? How about being a sitting duck through these cast times, most of their actual good skills' animations, and having low dodge/parry? It's also not like they have a skill like Camo, Hiding, Steel Body, Endure, Gangster's Paradise, or any form of healing or damage reduction whatsoever... so yes, lots of things that allows most other DPS classes a shot at taking out a Cresc before they can do anything, even if their skill was a toggle.

Also, the magic attack issue was fixed in the patch earlier today. What you keep refering to as "advantages" are more like equalizers. I do believe Monk and Rogue could benefit from upped move speed, too, but that's off-topic. Also, if you read the posts on page 1, Soul Maker, and ideas about it having a toggle, has been thoroughly discussed in detail.

Thought I'd remind you of our defensive CD Levicorpus (50% dmg reduction, 10s duration, 60s CD), although it has a noticeable weakness vs Ranged in requiring a target within 5m in AoE range of yourself to activate.

I also don't think it's only the problem of us gaining permanent speed rather than nearly all melee classes not having enough proper countermeasures designed for them vs kiting besides Knights and Sins.  Teleport gap closers are either really good or really bad, and no forms of pulling exist (if Provoke could only do this, or even just work as a slow/root in PVP, because how hard would that be to code?).

#31 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Edit:

I've tested my Crescentia on this after patch colo, both ATK and MATK are 2.3k, I knew ATK would be further nerfed because of the equalization of both parameters, but I gotta say that was a lot less than I expected. And MATK got boosted from 1.5 to 2.3k nonetheless...

What I found odd was that my tempest never ceased to do 1.2k damange, but that might have been my ridiculous bad luck coming into play and getting parried every single time...

You're the second person to mention those numbers. I may have had Battle Orders and Dragonology on me from a party I was in last night when I entered Colo today, but that shouldn't have caused my numbers to be 2,670 Attack Power, and 2,736 Magic Power, as those skills just don't increase damage by 200-300. I'll try to grab a screen-shot later and see just how bad it actually is, though.

That said, since the update, I've done Colo 3 times, only once with those buffs (I normally don't enter with buffs but forgot I had them on from a party last night), and all 3 times, I've hit numbers between 1,800 and 2,200 on Tempest, without a Critical Hit.

Regarding the matter of us kiting people, yeah, that's easy, but we only have 2 instant cast ranged attacks. All of the others have a cast time. This means regardless of the movement speed increase, people will eventually catch us, especially Assassins. You're a sitting duck while using death grip.

If we can't get a toggle for Awake: Darkness, then at least give us either twice the duration, half the cool down, or both. Of course, both would mean about a 1 minute cool-down... :p_laugh:

The moment someone uses Awake (SM or Crecentia) in Colo, literally EVERYONE stops what they're doing and mobs you. Don't believe me? Try it. They know that you can only use it once every 8-9 minutes, and they know if that's gone, you lose your best attack.

It's a risk to use it outside of round 5 because of that, and even then, I'm assuming the same thing happens in round 5.

Is anyone even considering how much of a risk it is to use in its current state in a PVP environment? Sure, it increases all attacks, but the one people wanna use most (Death Grip) has a 2 second cast time, and a 10 second cool down. Hell, if we only wanted it for the damage increase for all other skills other than Death Grip, then why the hell would we even get Death Grip in the first place? :p_err:

#32 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

1.8~2.2k is after considering the target's DEF, I suppose you did that without Stigmas?

Try it on a mob o___O;; they have far less DEF.

Kiting is OH SO VERY POSSIBLE, it matters not if they are Knights, Warriors, Rogues, Assassins, Beastmasters or Monks. If you have «Earth Worm» at least on lvl 3, it is possible to kite them heavily without being touched. Once a Crescentia catches you with «Earth Worm» you can't run from it...

At lvl 5 it lasts for 10 seconds and its cool down is of 13... so... 4 seconds of free movement (if you consider the 1 second animation before the strike).

Crescentias are slow paced killers :V

Hum... but as I said, using the form is like screaming "SH¡T JUST GOT REAL!!" :V!!

So, if it were a Toggle, I would love it, but for balance's sake, I would like it with a power bar! like a summon.

You can use it any time at any moment but it is consuming the power bar, which charges itself up when off form.

The consumtion and refilling rates, as well as other conditions could be discussed...

Altho this is dreaming, of course.

#33 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

It was 1,800-2,200 with stigmas. I don't see why you're doing so low as 1,200 with Tempest.

I also don't see why people keep saying they only have 2,300 Magic Power and Attack Power.

Here are my stats:

2d6s7wi.png

#34 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

well, as I said, it was terrible luck from me and got parried all the time :V

since before patch I was clearly doing 2.5k strikes.

About the 2.5k ATK/MATK, I should take a pic too, I was pretty sure I saw a 2.3k on mine O____o;;

If I got that wrong then Im happy about it D:

#35 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Guild skills work in colo, so you get 10% ATK/MATK if it's maxed, whereas people's guildskill lvls change depending on the guild

#36 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

Guild skills work in colo, so you get 10% ATK/MATK if it's maxed, whereas people's guildskill lvls change depending on the guild

That would make more sense. I didn't think Guild Skills applied in Colo. :p_laugh:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 13 October 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#37 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

oh yes, now that you mention it, they do.

I just rechecked my stat window, I left aside my STR stat points and invested them in AGI for the lolz and ended up with 2.2k ATK and 2.3k MATK with a 5% Crit rate (instead of 1.37% with 1 AGI point) in colo.

our Guild has like 6% or so extra ATK so I believe those outside of guilds will have even worse stats...

#38 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

as much as i would also love toggles for both cres and SM, i think that would deviate them from their original roles. what i mean is: crescentia is supposed to be a hybrid for party debuffing support/dps, but not for being on par with fully oriented dpsers. what other classes have in dmg crescentia have it on their party utility with skills like blindess,rawl tilt, levicorpus etc, and SM mean to be a dps/buff supporrting caster, but by no means be equal to them in dps

check this SS, first one is of a fully buffed awakened crescentia with full upgraded chaos dungeon gear, and the second and third of a sin and a rogue with same gear and shadow-doping buffed

http://i.imgur.com/4ls0GfH.jpg?1

http://i1279.photobu...zps73c56571.png

https://fbcdn-sphoto...131109907_n.jpg

with death grip always available every 10s their dps output in a party would be matching, if not superior to other melee dps (because some bosses will require the melees to move away, and stop dpsing, white crescent can still spam its dots and DG) wich is not the intention of the class, awake was made to give them the boost to temporaly be on par with other dps, but they werent made to be like that 100% of the time.

now look at this one, a fully buffed chaos dungeon geared sorcerer https://fbcdn-sphoto...697533925_n.jpg

their matk stays 2k behind of a awakened crescentia. i dont know you but im pretty sure that a debuffer support/dps mix od matk-patk class should not leave so much behind a complete caster class (this is also a reason why neither SM should get toggle because it would maker their matk superior to sorc-wiz wich is not the intention of the class)

while i still love the idea of toggle awake, i agree that it would require either a nerf by raising death grip cd, making both sm and crescent awake toggle and nerfing both in some way. i dont think sms population will be too happy if only crescents get a toggle, no matter how logical are your explanations about the issue and most probably gravity knows this and unless the unbalance is incredible big (wich as far as i have seen is not) they wont do this if it means creating an issue with  SMs population (once again, no matter how logical your reasons for sm`s awake not being toggle, that wont stop the huge wave of SM users hate responces going to gravity)

Edited by ArukaX, 13 October 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#39 RiketzKarlom

RiketzKarlom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

as much as i would also love toggles for both cres and SM, i think that would deviate them from their original roles. what i mean is: crescentia is supposed to be a hybrid for party debuffing support/dps, but not for being on par with fully oriented dpsers. what other classes have in dmg crescentia have it on their party utility with skills like blindess,rawl tilt, levicorpus etc, and SM mean to be a dps/buff supporrting caster, but by no means be equal to them in dps

check this SS, first one is of a fully buffed awakened crescentia with full upgraded chaos dungeon gear, and the second and third of a sin and a rogue with same gear and shadow-doping buffed

http://i.imgur.com/4ls0GfH.jpg?1

http://i1279.photobu...zps73c56571.png

https://fbcdn-sphoto...131109907_n.jpg

with death grip always available every 10s their dps output in a party would be matching, if not superior to other melee dps (because some bosses will require the melees to move away, and stop dpsing, white crescent can still spam its dots and DG) wich is not the intention of the class, awake was made to give them the boost to temporaly be on par with other dps, but they werent made to be like that 100% of the time.

now look at this one, a fully buffed chaos dungeon geared sorcerer https://fbcdn-sphoto...697533925_n.jpg

their matk stays 2k behind of a awakened crescentia. i dont know you but im pretty sure that a debuffer support/dps mix od matk-patk class should not leave so much behind a complete caster class (this is also a reason why neither SM should get toggle because it would maker their matk superior to sorc-wiz wich is not the intention of the class)

while i still love the idea of toggle awake, i agree that it would require either a nerf by raising death grip cd, making both sm and crescent awake toggle and nerfing both in some way. i dont think sms population will be too happy if only crescents get a toggle, no matter how logical are your explanations about the issue and most probably gravity knows this and unless the unbalance is incredible big (wich as far as i have seen is not) they wont do this if it means creating an issue with  SMs population (once again, no matter how logical your reasons for sm`s awake not being toggle, that wont stop the huge wave of SM users hate responces going to gravity)

Read page 1, I never said SM's shouldn't have a toggle, I even went into a full explanation of how to do it in a balanced way, and just said that this isn't a SM thread. Death Grip is only on par with other DPS classes in a party, not in PvP, and the cast time is why the cooldown is so short. If they got rid of the cast, then yes, I would say it needs a bigger CD to work with balanced toggle. Pretty much all of this has been said in the thread already.

#40 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

As I said, if it's going to be a toggle, the only way to extend the cool-down of Death Grip to 20 seconds (like most other finishers) would be to make it a 1 second cast time. DPS classes have instant cast on their finishers.

Or, it could be raised to 30 seconds, like Knights (a Tank Class), and have instant cast.

The fact remains, though, that people aren't considering that their arguments that "this is not a DPS class" is actually helping us in our argument in wanting the toggle.

Why?

Because it's not a DPS class. Our class is more or less DOT or Stigma, meaning we basically do small bursts of damage over a long period of time. Overall, yes, this damage is nice, but nowhere near equal to that of an Assassin, Ranger, Rogue, or Sorcerer.

My Crecentia is level 46. My Ranger is level 35.

Death Grip averages at 2,800 in PVM for me. My Ranger can do a bit over twice that in 10 seconds just by Cycling through my skills, which are Poison Arrow level 5, Sharp Shooting level 1, Impact Arrow level 1, Charge Arrow level 3, Double Strafing level 5 (which has had Ranger Main tick at least once at this point) allows me to hit 3-4 times in less than 4 seconds.

I tested this against how fast I killed the Witch for the Halloween Event, and my Ranger killed it in about 7 seconds (she has around 5000 HP). My Crecentia took around 20, though, that was without Death Grip.

Amusing thing is that my Ranger has half of the Attack Power of my Crecentia and still manages to pull off much more damage, even if I were to use Death Grip. This is because they're a DPS class, and Crecentias are not.

So, Death Grip is arguably our only real heavy-hitting skill that we can use decently fast to add to our DPS. Tempest takes 60 seconds to cool down, and is most effective with 5 Stigmas (which takes about 5-7 seconds to apply most of the time, if your enemy is standing still, and more if they're moving).

Our range is also wrong on both 20 meter skills and on Death Grip (15 meter skill). I just tested it multiple times, and all of my 20 meter DOTs had to be cast in a 19.5 meter range. Death Grip had to be cast in a 14.5 meter range. Both tests were with monsters that weren't moving at the time. I may have to do a test on a completely stationary enemy to know for sure. Half a meter can make a difference in being kited in Colo.

Rangers have a 20 meter range on all skills, and their final skill has a 10 second cool-down, instant cast, and is not that hard to activate, as it averages at 10-20 seconds to activate. Even Assassins have a 20 meter range on their final skill, and it requires 5 combo points (about 3-6 seconds on average to acquire), with a 20 second cool-down, and instant cast. Ours is 2 seconds to cast, a 10 second cool-down, and a "15 meter" range.

DPS classes are still going to be able to out-damage us because our heavy hitting skill hits every 10 seconds, whereas they have skills that hit harder than most of our skills as their basic skills, since ours mostly average from 10-20% Magical Power or Attack Power. They're always going to out-damage us, even if we have it as a toggle, because that's just what DPS classes do; Damage Per Second.

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 15 October 2013 - 01:08 AM.

#41 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

As I said before, Crescentias are slow starters. I wouldn't dare look down on them and their DPS capabilities... unless Im standing besides them... the damned midgets :V

Again, I would love this skill as a toggle, but sadly I can't agree with the idea, at most I stand on an in between point of it being a toggle with a timer-like charger. Because the skill as a toggle would lose its charm, strategically or aesthetic wise.

Edited by Leinzan, 15 October 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#42 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

at most I stand on an in between point of it being a toggle with a timer-like charger.

If you're talking about the Guardian Gauge, that's probably what it was already based off of, since that takes a long time to refill.

Regardless, we either need double duration, or half the cool-down (this goes for SMs, too).

I'd prefer half cool-down, especially considering what I said about Colo... When we use Awake: Darkness in Colo, we're a target for everyone. They drop whatever they're doing and charge at us to kill us, knowing it's our last resort skill due to the cool-down.

Given the duration, after it expires, our remaining cool-down (if it gets halved) would be around 120 seconds, which should sound familiar considering all other last resort skills on other classes. Realistically, it'll be 4-5 minutes, but the duration is 2-3 minutes, so if we actually survive the total duration, it won't be as bad. It'll allow three uses per Colo instead of just two (and it's two now only if you use it at the start of first round, and around the middle of fifth round).

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 15 October 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#43 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Well, yea, thats considering the simple skill duration and cooldown times...

What I have in mind indeed is similar to the Guardian Summon Gauge.

Simple put, you can use it and will consume a 1% every 2 seconds for a total of 200 seconds duration or 3:20 minutes, as an example.

But you can toggle it off, let's say at 75% and it will be refilling 1% every 5 seconds, for a 500 max refilling time.

If you die it will turn off too, if you had it on there can be a penalty in which you lose a 10% of the power gauge.

But you can activate the skill at any given moment, and deactivate it to save energy for a more crucial moment.

There is no actual locked out cooldown on this idea's system.

Vigor however could enhance the recovery rate, so if you have a 20% vigor it should recover 1 second faster, so it would be in 400 seconds for a full refill.

An aditional idea would be that every succesful «Diem Wind» recovers a 1% energy.

#44 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

I like that idea, but is it doable? Better question; will the Devs actually do it, even if it is doable?

#45 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

PFFFT

Well yea, its a cool idea and all, but them doing it?

Highly doubt it... lets just dream :V

#46 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Woa.... it took a lot of time to read this all.

Honestly, is this a Colo discussion, a balancing discussion or a skill concept discussion?

The original post sounded like a skill concept discussion and then I would strictly answer with: NO!

Basically, there are three types of skills: active, passive and power-ups. All the attack skills are of the first type - active. The passive skills usually grant a minor, but static bonus and are usually considered as 'background' skills. An increased crit. chance f.e. is a good candidate for a passive skill. You won't recognize it in a short term view. The power-up skills grant a short, but powerful bonus, like a 30sec doubling in damage f.e.

The difference between passive and power-up skills is the perceivable impact. This fact is usually supported by powerful visual changes. If someone is going to berserk, you should see this.

Awake - Darkness falls in the power-up category.... just by concept.

It's meant to be a high impact, high visual changes skill. That grants more than just the 'usual' passive skill boost.

Comparison to Shadow Form:

Rather tnen making Awake-Darkness like Shadow Form, make Shadow Form like Awake-Darkness!

Even if this is some sort of shapechange, it's simply not an option to make it permanent. Imagine Hulk always being Hulk or a Werewolf always being in one form.

So why not a toggle? Unlike movie, it's hard to implement drawbacks or social acceptance in a game. So if you design it with a toggle, players simply won't use it. Drawbacks aren't easy either, due to balancing reasons. F.e. +20%, damage but -10% damage reduction f.e. wouldn't be a reason to deactivate it. Of course you could deactivate some skills (see Beastmaster - Tiger Form). This might force you into changing your form, but it would rather feel like two chars in one.

All in all, it's really, really hard to find a balance and a reason to ever deactivate the toggle.

Balancing:

If you feel that a Crecentia needs a power-boost to keep DPS comparable to other classes, than simply improve the active skills or gear. In addition, keep in mind that a Crecentia might fill in another role than other DPS classes.

#47 Dzonatan

Dzonatan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

As much as I would love that I would have to agree with other posters. Cres can actually keep up with other DPSers with right build which includes maxing all DoTs except Contengency along with Diem/Illusion/Curse Burst.

Here's the link to the build:

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

What most people dont know is that using Curse Burst does not consume all Stigma Debuffs. They seem to sorta stay on for approx 5 seconds or so once they reach 5 stacks, after that they simply disapear. In the mean time you can land 3 or 4 Curse Bursts which deal 35% matk each (10 base +5 for each stigma debuff if maxxed).

DoTs provide approx 36,8% of MATK every 2 sec. (max crucio, max furnuculus, max raw tilt assuming they are kept refreshed) and approx 5,75% of PATK every 2 sec (max Contingency, max raw tilt assuming they are kept refresh). If we assume the Crecentia in the screenshot above is capable of keeping his DoTs up then he can dish out:

1814 MATK per 2 sec (because the Crec is awakened in the screenshot we remove 35% from his total magic power resulting in 4930. 36,8% of 4930 is 1814)

267 PATK per 2 sec (because the Crec is awakened in the screenshot we remove 35% from his total physical power resulting in 4650. 5,75% of 4650 is 267)

In total s/he does 2081 damage per 2 seconds. Which is 1040 DPS (damage per second) in DoTs alone.

Assuming the Crec in the screenshot can aldo do DW along with keeping up DoTs.

Diem Wind adds extra 930 per 1 second (Because 20% of 4650 PATK is 930). That's another 930 DPS (damage per second) in this skill alone.

Now Assuming the Crec has maxxed Illusion Blade + Curse Burst. His Stigma rotation will look as follows:

Illusion Blade > Diem Wind > Diem Wind > Diem Wind > CB > CB > CB

Which is 1268 > 930 > 930 > 930 > 1725 > 1725 > 1725.

Total number: 9233 over 7 seconds (Diem Wind, Illusion Blade and Curse Burst all have almost instant animations + 1 sec cooldown, except illusion blade).

This results in: 1319 DPS from Stigma rotation alone.

If Crec in the screenshot can do both DoTs and Stigma rotation he can do a grand total of:

3400 single target DPS

Now add Awaken buff on it:

35% of 3400 is 1190

So an awakened Crec in the screenshot can do:

approx 4530 DPS for 2 minutes of his awaken buff.

NOTE: I have forgotten to include 15% coming from Curse Reimburse which would buff both Crucio and Furnuculus even further.

Crec are fine.

Edited by Dzonatan, 28 October 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#48 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

I really don't want to give Crescentia players a chance to deal well over 5k per Death Grip every 10 seconds in a toggle-able Awake form on my Warrior(With maxed Defender and full Colo gears) without including to their Tempest. In raids: A guildie of mine can achieve 18k+ per Crit of Death Grip with mainly CoA gears. That's between 8k to 9k every 10 seconds. That's not including Crucio dealing 1k per tick of the DoT. That's just one DoT out of several in their arsenal if built right.

They really do not need any further buffs. They are just fine as they are. Awake should stay as a temporary buff skill. They've fixed the Magic Power values.

Edited by GuardianTK, 28 October 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#49 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

DoTs provide approx 36,8% of MATK every 2 sec. (max crucio, max furnuculus, max raw tilt assuming they are kept refreshed) and approx 5,75% of PATK every 2 sec (max Contingency, max raw tilt assuming they are kept refresh). If we assume the Crecentia in the screenshot above is capable of keeping his DoTs up then he can dish out:

contingency DoT stacks, so with your formula at 5 stacks it would be 28.75%patk dot

#50 Dzonatan

Dzonatan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

contingency DoT stacks, so with your formula at 5 stacks it would be 28.75%patk dot

Which part stacks exactly? the tooltip clearly states the only thing that stacks is 1% defense reduction per debuff. The 5% PATK DoT is after coma which suggests to me that its not the stacking part. I will stand corrected though If you have some screens or evidence to back up your claim.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users