Renewal WoE 1 New time Weds. 4-6pm PST - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal WoE 1 New time Weds. 4-6pm PST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

#51 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Push the time by 2 hours; something like 6-8. People from Asia would love you :v. Days doesn't matter atleast for me :v

#52 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

I mean I know a lot of people have had wednesday off and don't mind that just requesting for a later time i do like the idea of a 5-7 pst as most people at work at the time it is now also if do want to move days just fix time

#53 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Later times would suck for some East Coast people and whatnot though. And People in Europe would be woeing at like 2-4 am instead of midnight-2am

#54 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Either push it back AT LEAST 2 or 3 hours or MOVE IT TO THE WEEKEND. How does changing the day do anything?

We have work and school.... some of us have both. Why can't WoE be on the weekends like it use to be so long ago...

I don't see the logic in having it in the middle of the week in the middle of the day. Why can't it be on the weekend during the middle of the day? That makes way more sense to me.

#55 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

I think they stated before that they didn't want both woes on the weekend cause that means there would be nothing to do in the middle of the week.

If 2 hours later is great for Asians according to that one dude (then later 3 hours later cause of Daylight Savings) how is it for Europe?

I can say it would be great for the like 5 people in Hawaii, since it would be at 2 pm then later 3 pm (no dst!)

#56 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Who cares if both of them are on the weekend. Its only fair for everyone that way for both North American players and international. It is so unfair not being able to WoE at all in the middle of the week during the day.

There are other things that they can do in the middle of the week like MvP events to help keep interest going and things to do. Or better yet, they could start hosting battleground/pvp events or something fun during the week that could help.

There is so little end game content as it is. WoE 1 is my favorite too and I'm never able to WoE due to time issues.

#57 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

That a lot of players posting in this thread are from the USA doesn't mean woe doesn't have a big combined population of european, UK, and asia players attending. Making the time 2 hours later would eliminate the attendance of all these people. I believe 2 hours later would not be convenient for a lot of players while only catering to the USA player base. But we'll see how badly woe population drops if they do change it to a later time, it's not as if woe1 is super lively already.

#58 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

Among the options proposed here... 

* Current WoE time (Weds): I can come to the end, but will almost always miss the first half

* WoE on Teusdays at same time: I can come to first part, but will ALWAYS miss the end

* WoE on Weds 2 hours later: I can come to the whole WoE most of the time, sometimes will miss it all. 

* WoE on Teusdsays 2 hours later: I can never come to WoE

I most prefer the idea of moving maint to thurs and keeping WoE at current time, but that's a much bigger deal per Oda...

#59 ReshiramFlare

ReshiramFlare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

I was talking with my guild about it, and seems a lot of southeast Asian players there would love the change to 2 hours later too (5pm pst-7pm pst). Means waking up around 8 am instead of around 6 am. Just a little later seems to be nice for America too.

My timezone is the same as Gravity's if it helps.

Edited by ReshiramFlare, 11 October 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#60 Kydon

Kydon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

Either move the maintenance to thursday or swap Woe1 with Woe2

#61 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

Either move the maintenance to thursday or swap Woe1 with Woe2

Oda practically already said they will not move maintenance and swapping the WoEs solves absolutely nothing.

#62 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Among the options proposed here... 

* Current WoE time (Weds): I can come to the end, but will almost always miss the first half

* WoE on Teusdays at same time: I can come to first part, but will ALWAYS miss the end

* WoE on Weds 2 hours later: I can come to the whole WoE most of the time, sometimes will miss it all. 

* WoE on Teusdsays 2 hours later: I can never come to WoE

I most prefer the idea of moving maint to thurs and keeping WoE at current time, but that's a much bigger deal per Oda...

Having Two work days before and after the maintenance is really optimal for us. More days to plan on the front end, and two full days to collect reports of issues from the maintenance and get a plan in place for emergency or what will go into the next maintenance for a fix. 

#63 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

That a lot of players posting in this thread are from the USA doesn't mean woe doesn't have a big combined population of european, UK, and asia players attending. Making the time 2 hours later would eliminate the attendance of all these people. I believe 2 hours later would not be convenient for a lot of players while only catering to the USA player base. But we'll see how badly woe population drops if they do change it to a later time, it's not as if woe1 is super lively already.

Which is precisely why I said to go ahead and move WoE completely to the weekend. It gives EVERYONE the chance to play rather than catering to one population or the other.

I understand why they don't want to have both woes on the weekend, but it just is not practical to have WoE after maint during the middle of the day when a lot of North Americans are at work/school. Its absurd.

#64 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

not everyone has the weekends off, js.

#65 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

The issue with weekends is that there are a lot of people for whom putting WoE on the weekends would cut off the time they would normally spend with friends and family or on other social obligations. Also the weekend is pretty heavily loaded with WoEs already. 

#66 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

damn there's people that take off work or purposely leave early to make a woe 1 in ragnarok?  well i guess it's good that there is still so much dedication to the game.  the end result will be some won't want to make it anymore, some will still try, and some will now be able to which would probably be about the same amount of ppl it is now

Edited by Andini, 11 October 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#67 Retaks

Retaks

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

@Oda, I understand that you guys prefer maintenance on Wednesdays, but it's much easier for WP staff to change maintenance day to Thursday than for a couple thousand of players to change work and school schedules just to WoE, if that is even an option for them.

#68 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

3pm Wednesday to 3pm Thursday WoE. 24 hour long WoE, to make sure everyone has an equal chance to WoE.

Except the people who have like 24 hour work days.

In that case, WoE should start when maint ends and go until maint starts. That way, no one is left out!

Except for the people who only have time available during maint.

In that case, maint should either be eliminated, or WoE should be eliminated. Those are the only fair options available. Everything else discriminates against someone in the world.

#69 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

The issue with weekends is that there are a lot of people for whom putting WoE on the weekends would cut off the time they would normally spend with friends and family or on other social obligations. Also the weekend is pretty heavily loaded with WoEs already. 

So you're cool with cutting off at least 30~50% of the community by making it during the week when people are busy?

Weekend should be WoE time just like it use to be. People who are so dedicated to RO that they take off from school or work to WoE during the day should have no issues with WoEing on the weekend for an extra 2 hours.

I just don't see this logic. You cater to a huge majority by making it on the weekend, you cut off a serious amount of players by making it in the middle of the day in the middle of the week.

#70 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

I was talking with my guild about it, and seems a lot of southeast Asian players there would love the change to 2 hours later too (5pm pst-7pm pst). Means waking up around 8 am instead of around 6 am. Just a little later seems to be nice for America too.

My timezone is the same as Gravity's if it helps.

So wtf is it?

#71 ReshiramFlare

ReshiramFlare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

So wtf is it?

Asia is a large continent, like 10ish timezones between the middle east and eastern Russia. The Asian players in my guild are from the more eastern side, and usually say it is early morning when WoE starts.

Spoiler

Edited by ReshiramFlare, 11 October 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#72 Dirsion

Dirsion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

:hmm: personally i think people should put real life things like school and work before a game... but anyway I vote move woe back a hour or two. doing so would make people who get off work in my time zone to be able to get home from work like normal but gives them some time to log on/ get a bit to eat ect ect (woe starts at 5 for me)

#73 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Then perhaps people should refrain from making sweeping statements c:

#74 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

i say tuesday its good, but give us time to schedule it in our work or school (both for me), the hour its ok between 3-8 pm PST

#75 DrakzX

DrakzX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

i just wonder why woe2 on weekend but woe1 on weekday..most guild prefer woe1 btw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users