Renewal WoE 1 New time Weds. 4-6pm PST - Page 4 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal WoE 1 New time Weds. 4-6pm PST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

#76 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Totally gonna weigh in for Australia here.

WoE1 falls quite early in the morning for us, between 7am and 9am start, 8am for myself in particular. If you guys push it forward as a number of people here have suggested, that'll give us a chance to participate without being groggy and useless XD

I know a metric (lol metric) ton of Aussie RO players, and the majority are simply unable to join in the shenanigans due to this timezone dissonance.

A slightly later start would allow a bit of congregation prior to the action as well, since us Oceania dwellers get kicked for Maint pretty early in the evening (although I'm a night owl, so 'early' is kinda subjective), go for a nap, and are forced to wake up with like 5 hours of sleep or just stay up all night :/

#77 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

3pm Wednesday to 3pm Thursday WoE. 24 hour long WoE, to make sure everyone has an equal chance to WoE.

Except the people who have like 24 hour work days.

In that case, WoE should start when maint ends and go until maint starts. That way, no one is left out!

Except for the people who only have time available during maint.

In that case, maint should either be eliminated, or WoE should be eliminated. Those are the only fair options available. Everything else discriminates against someone in the world.

That's where the statement " The World is Round " comes into picture.

#78 DrakzX

DrakzX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:00 PM

woe1 on weekend pls

#79 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

Totally gonna weigh in for Australia here.

WoE1 falls quite early in the morning for us, between 7am and 9am start, 8am for myself in particular. If you guys push it forward as a number of people here have suggested, that'll give us a chance to participate without being groggy and useless XD

I know a metric (lol metric) ton of Aussie RO players, and the majority are simply unable to join in the shenanigans due to this timezone dissonance.

A slightly later start would allow a bit of congregation prior to the action as well, since us Oceania dwellers get kicked for Maint pretty early in the evening (although I'm a night owl, so 'early' is kinda subjective), go for a nap, and are forced to wake up with like 5 hours of sleep or just stay up all night :/

i know right! WoE 1 starts at 8am for me too and i have to leave for school at exactly that time q_q oh well q_q

#80 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

5-7pm server time. tuesday or maybe wed

#81 carbonrow

carbonrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

Living in Australia (GMT +10), we have the woe here on Thursday's 10am-12pm. If only you guys can move it forward by one day, that'd satisfy most Aussies over here.... But then again we're a minority :(

#82 Tene85

Tene85

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

mhm i'm from Italy, so usually Woe 1 start at midnight and end at 2 am.. move it 2 h later = no woe for me, because i wek up at 7 for go to Work...

the main problem isn't to accomodate all the comunity...

just to accomodate the part of comunity that spend real money in this game... this is sad but it's true... so, it's just up to the Staff to check wich conunity spend more money and favor them...

that's my opinion...

they alredy make a lot of things for killing woe, so 1 more or 1 less don't change the current sad situation

#83 SergioSSA1LER

SergioSSA1LER

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

I could finally attend to most of the WoEs 1.0 if they are changed to tuesday. 
+1 to the new WoE time and date (3pm-5pm PDT Tuesday)

#84 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

Honestly, if WoE has to be moved, I'd say move it to Tuesday. Pushing it 2 hours later in the middle of the week just seems weird after it's been at that time for what feels like forever. Before maintenance was moved, the day and time was fine for WoE. So why change the time now if just the day has to change? :p_sick:

#85 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:50 AM

mhm i'm from Italy, so usually Woe 1 start at midnight and end at 2 am.. move it 2 h later = no woe for me, because i wek up at 7 for go to Work...

the main problem isn't to accomodate all the comunity...

just to accomodate the part of comunity that spend real money in this game... this is sad but it's true... so, it's just up to the Staff to check wich conunity spend more money and favor them...

that's my opinion...

they alredy make a lot of things for killing woe, so 1 more or 1 less don't change the current sad situation

Your opinion is flawed can't base off of what money you spend but trying to get most people to attend

#86 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

WoE will never be right for everyone and often will be very bad times for certain people resulting in the loss of those from it. There is a very large Spanish and South American community on iRO too as well as a German one and changing it any later to benefit the west coast is negative to the other communities, even though the current time for you may be a bit awkward due to work and such the majority of the western coast still happen to currently attend WoE any ways even with these times. Both WoE times are currently in the Western Coasts favour largely while and don't quote me on this, I would say the majority of the community isn't from the Western Coast. Also, you have to take into consideration that come November the clocks will turn back also which means WoE will be an hour later any ways so that coupled with the times that people are suggesting further affects a larger section of the community which it seems are not active in posting on the forums possibly due to language barriers such as they're Spanish speaking players etc. So I would just say to keep it as it is, in a months time when the clocks go back those on the West Coast who are having these issues will now get an extra hour to sort things out. Any ways glad that I got that off my chest. 

#87 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Even though times and hang happens does not change anything but the light of day I would say even pushing it 1 hour would not be a big difference on everyone and would help out tremendous to most people's

#88 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

WoE will never be right for everyone and often will be very bad times for certain people resulting in the loss of those from it. There is a very large Spanish and South American community on iRO too as well as a German one and changing it any later to benefit the west coast is negative to the other communities, even though the current time for you may be a bit awkward due to work and such the majority of the western coast still happen to currently attend WoE any ways even with these times. Both WoE times are currently in the Western Coasts favour largely while and don't quote me on this, I would say the majority of the community isn't from the Western Coast. Also, you have to take into consideration that come November the clocks will turn back also which means WoE will be an hour later any ways so that coupled with the times that people are suggesting further affects a larger section of the community which it seems are not active in posting on the forums possibly due to language barriers such as they're Spanish speaking players etc. So I would just say to keep it as it is, in a months time when the clocks go back those on the West Coast who are having these issues will now get an extra hour to sort things out. Any ways glad that I got that off my chest. 

+ 9999

You explained perfectly my point of view about this topic.

Edited by meditation, 14 October 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#89 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

+1 to the new woe time it is good.

#90 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Even though times and hang happens does not change anything but the light of day I would say even pushing it 1 hour would not be a big difference on everyone and would help out tremendous to most people's

But the majority isn't those on the Western Coast :v and 1 Hour is more reasonable then 2 because of the daylight savings making it 2 hours different than before instead of 3 if it were moved two hours ahead.

#91 RoyalHeritage

RoyalHeritage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

pushing the time would certainly help the people on the Asian side though. Some of us here wake up at like 3 or 4 am for woe at the current times. 

#92 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Yeah that's why I said pushing it forward 1 hour for now would be fine,and then once daylight savings hit would be the same time as WoE 2.0 starts for you now.

#93 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'm fine with one hour, but the Tuesday change should not happen until the end of the year imo. I'd rather lose investments from maints rather than be unable to attend a woe I prepared for in advance.

#94 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

no matter the time, people will complain. if you keep changing the time and offering to vote to change the time, people will complain even more. it's been 3-5PM PST long enough that people have adjusted to it or gotten used to it. so just leave the current time FFS.

#95 dokan

dokan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

No, a lot of people built schedules around Wednesday.

@Oda Thank you for adding more time for this change. WoE is currently on Wednesday at 12-2 PM for me. I make last hour because of this and I set up my schedule so I could at least have that. At the moment, until the end of the year, I won't be able to attend on Tuesday as I won't be able to log on until 5 PM PST.

+100

#96 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Chaos/Loki/Thor

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Yeah alot of people have their schedules set for the current Wednesday WoE including myself, and some of us can't change our (work/school) schedules either. Moving it is gonna mess up for alot of the people who do WoE, even though it'll benefit/not affect others. I rather you guys just move Maintenance time, or go ahead and make WoE a few hours later in the current day.

#97 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

No huad 1 hour later so I can make most of woe

#98 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

My schedule is open to basically all of the proposed times at the moment. Ultimately, make sure to announce polls in game so that players who don't frequent the forums get a chance to have their vote/input.

#99 Lyrage

Lyrage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWherever there's less bots.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Can't we have a different timeslot? I mean lots of people are still in class/work during from 3-5pm.

#100 Jtanz

Jtanz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

Change to Tuesday and keep the same time. We will see how it works then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users