God Items and Seals - Proposal - Page 7 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

God Items and Seals - Proposal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
444 replies to this topic

#151 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

Asking for seal status reset will inevitably lead to reset stone resets... Tread lightly xellie.

#152 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

No, a one off if they are changing the system.

If they put in resets for stones I will buy an xbone

#153 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

I don't think they will want to manually reset 300 characters.

#154 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

"I've had all these items for months I worked hard for and even one I decided to do after I knew they would 100% be changing the system (and saved up tokens to almost make two more items with the new system!) can you please further compensate me thanks!"

If you honestly believed that after 8-10 months of sieges and the fact that only a very small handful of the sets on the server (most of them yours!) got made that the GMs wouldnt consider intervening at some point to make it more appealing for a guild to make items I'm not really sure what to say. I wonder if we'd even be having this conversation if they'd just made the seals 50 when they put them in.

#155 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

"I've had all these items for months I worked hard for and even one I decided to do after I knew they would 100% be changing the system (and saved up tokens to almost make two more items with the new system!) can you please further compensate me thanks!"

If you honestly believed that after 8-10 months of sieges and the fact that only a very small handful of the sets on the server (most of them yours!) got made that the GMs wouldnt consider intervening at some point to make it more appealing for a guild to make items I'm not really sure what to say. I wonder if we'd even be having this conversation if they'd just made the seals 50 when they put them in.

Or the guilds that want items could just stop being whiny little -_-tards and do some work like Valhalla did.

#156 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

I don't think they will want to manually reset 300 characters.

serverwide reset imo.

Or put in an npc for it. Tada

(ps: we manually quested and levelled 300 characters, seems comparable)

Edited by Xellie, 15 December 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#157 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

Or the guilds that want items could just stop being whiny little -_-tards and do some work like Valhalla did.

Sorry, it's 2013 (almost 14!) not everyone can sit around and do 30 quests in a day or two like Ralis can. There might only be one or two people per guild that can put in that kind of effort and sadly that's not enough for the other half of the quests that need to be done. Your guild has a few of them and they're able to poopsock out some items. We get it, but if the current item ownership is not clear to you, you are the only guild!

Just because it was how we did things 5 years ago doesnt mean it's the same way we should be doing them now. We've been saying it since Heims first thread that the system was not going to work and at the very least changing it to 50 per seal would be acceptable. We've finally got some changes! Re-rewarding you for already completing an item is dumb, especially when you've already taken advantage of the items for all those months as well as collecting a set and a bit of tokens for two more items with the new system, you can even piggy back without rolling the seals ta da you have almost two items and you dont even have to roll the seals for them.

#158 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

Sorry, it's 2013 (almost 14!) not everyone can sit around and do 30 quests in a day or two like Ralis can. There might only be one or two people per guild that can put in that kind of effort and sadly that's not enough for the other half of the quests that need to be done. Your guild has a few of them and they're able to poopsock out some items. We get it, but if the current item ownership is not clear to you, you are the only guild!

Just because it was how we did things 5 years ago doesnt mean it's the same way we should be doing them now. We've been saying it since Heims first thread that the system was not going to work and at the very least changing it to 50 per seal would be acceptable. We've finally got some changes! Re-rewarding you for already completing an item is dumb, especially when you've already taken advantage of the items for all those months as well as collecting a set and a bit of tokens for two more items with the new system, you can even piggy back without rolling the seals ta da you have almost two items and you dont even have to roll the seals for them.

You act like your guild isn't three times the size of ours, or you don't have people that MVP valk every day.

It takes us WEEKS to prepare seal rolls. Seal 1 is poised and set up over the course of a month for example.

Also give up on the "you had it when nobody else did" crapola for a while. Nothing stopped any of you people doing anything apart from the fact that you knew you could cry enough to change the game.

#159 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

Whiny

Little

-_-tards

#160 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Generalizing off one person's post makes you look so smart, you must get free college.

Sitting in this thread complaining how ALL the other guilds are going to have it easier than the 9000 hours you put into making these items is probably as effective as using Water Gun on Squirtle. Nobody is going to back you in fighting a change that is essentially "helping" everyone.

Your tears are delicious btw.

#161 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:22 PM

You know that if it wasn't helping everyone, we'd be against the entire change 100%, right? And not advocating insurance on roll?

Reading is a good skill.

Change is fine, benefiting from sitting around expecting to benefit from mass crying is not. Most people we talk to out of the guild and in other guilds; tho they want the change to benefit them and make things easier realize how exceptionally unfair it is toward Valhalla.

Only people who can't see past an emblem wouldn't get that.

#162 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

Xellie I honestly don't care what they do as long as they explain it. What I'm telling your lackie here is that one person's post doesn't make an entire group lazy.

Sure it's a little unfair. But what do you expect me or anyone not in Valhalla to say? I already suggested resetting seal quests on characters 3 pages ago.

Reading IS a good skill <3

#163 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

Also it's void for anyone in your guild to suggest you'd have 3 more items. As in, completely.

In that same logic I'd request ALL the items anyone EVER made be busted into pieces, because this new system seems pretty easy to shut down anyone attempting it.

If it was the same system, but only 50 rolls, then yeah you might have 3 more items.

#164 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

We weren't the ones crying for a change tho. Don't punish us for other people's whining/apathy. We played the game as it was originally made/as intended.

Related:

Edited by Xellie, 15 December 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#165 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'd say you punished yourself sitting 40 hours straight rolling the seals with 5 people.

Nobody made you guys do that, so I don't know why you'd expect an uprising from anyone...other than those 5 people o_O

#166 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Why's it matter so much to you if we're crying for a reset? Valhalla as a whole have done a lot for the server you know =/

We're not even asking for just us, there are 5 God Items on the server. Tho valk stole the roll on the one they made. So I don't know how much it affects them.

Edited by Xellie, 15 December 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#167 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Right, the 2014 just came out and you're salty. Believe me I get it.

A lot of people are going to begin doing the same thing you guys did back then; creating characters and questing non stop. People will feel the same sting you did very soon.

The only bad part is that you are coming with us for another round of suicidal quest repetition if they don't reset all seal quest status on all characters. (Though I'm assuming that's far too late now)

It clearly doesn't. I never said I was against you ether. Your member has a big mouth; pretty much it.

#168 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

Then why are you arguing with us when we ask for it? lol

#169 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

Because you're doing it wrong. People outside VH have also ran seal quests and are locked out of potentially more tokens, quests, etc.

Stop making it about you guys. ALL characters should be reset server wide.

#170 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yeah -_-, I forgot we're not allowed to argue for our own personal feelings like ever. Despite everyone else's personal feelings leading to the dumb change in the first place, the moment VH expresses their own thoughts on how it affects them, it's like we're starting the holocaust 2.0.

How else are we supposed to express how it affects players at all without our own feelings.

#171 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

You made a fine example and point with it...4 pages ago =/

It's turning into a cruelty against VH's hard work thread, not a discussion about the new system. That is literally my only issue.

Is it unfair to you guys? Absolutely. Should it be changed. Absolutely. I agree 100%. I just think the discussion is semi-derailed now.

#172 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Whiny

Little

-_-tards

What a convincing argument, you certainly proved your point.

GMS PLEASE GIVE VALHALLA FOUR FREE SEAL ROLLS 300 TOKENS AND THE ITEM SET OF THEIR CHOICE AS WELL AS RESET THE QUEST PROGRESS ON ALL THEIR CHARACTERS.

There is not an eyeroll large enough to express how stupid "we can do it so anyone should be able to" is as an argument. It's overwhelmingly obvious to the rest of the server and the GMs that there's something wrong with 100 per seal. You've already cashed in on the changes, anyone who read these threads and figured out how the new seal quest would work realised that if they made an item post token but pre-changes they would be able to get at least two items and be well on the way to their third from it. Guess what, Valhalla was still the only guild capable/interested in doing it. I know you guys have a hard time considering anyone elses point of view and just want to take peoples words and make them say what you want, but seriously c'mon.

#173 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

you guys care too much about god items

just make meg give 20-25 str and they won't matter much

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 15 December 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#174 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

You made a fine example and point with it...4 pages ago =/

It's turning into a cruelty against VH's hard work thread, not a discussion about the new system. That is literally my only issue.

Is it unfair to you guys? Absolutely. Should it be changed. Absolutely. I agree 100%. I just think the discussion is semi-derailed now.

Well there you go.

In summary tho:

> The quest after having to push seals is too much work.

> Being able to ride off it essentially free and do only the quest is too little work

> Seal status should be resetted serverwide.

> Multiple creations is terrible

My biggest fear is that we [ Valhalla ] end up doing the bulk of the work (to open the seals as per it was before) and people who buy up tokens just ride off it practically free. From our point of view, it means we have to work harder than we did previously.

And if VALHALLA thinks it's too much work, I really dread to see how the REST OF THE SERVER will handle it.

Because the seals will only roll naturally a couple of times at best. Once people have farmed up ACAs/Icepicks.

So tell me how that's selfish.

Edited by Xellie, 15 December 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#175 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

That's pretty much what I think it comes down to. The rest of the server has a lower value of them than Valhalla therefore the previous method was worth it to them. Should they be re-rewarded because they care more? God no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users