God Items and Seals - Proposal - Page 5 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

God Items and Seals - Proposal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
444 replies to this topic

#101 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

I think you're going to be able to continue questing after the seals are closed to make the rest of the tokens you need and when an item is made the seal counter (if it goes above 100) is reduced by a certain number (maybe per item made?).

I'm going to wait for two things before I weigh in on this. We need a proper write up of how the quest works so that things like the seals are clear for everyone. Also need someone to actually attempt to make an item, it's one thing to go down during test week and try to make an item, but it's another when you go to make the first and every person in a guild with a fort (and some that dont) are going to be down there trying to stop them.

#102 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

You know what this is super unfair. I have tried to freaking hard to keep my personal feelings out of this and just think about what is fair and what's better overall. (i.e: not being on ymir/iris/ygg 2.0) but I'm gonna throw my own feelings out for once.

This whole thing is dumb. If they don't reduce the seal requirement as per the whining here for people's personals, then fact is that guilds will end up in the same situation as they are now. That probably just means more work for me and my group. That sucks.

If they reduce the seals to 50, thats 150 characters I have lost ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY. That is so remarkably unfair I can't even begin to put into words how upsetting that comes out to be.

So if they did reduce the number to 50, I would ask one of two things, either reset half my chars (I have a list of who and what quested for valhalla) or just give me a free creation (that would only be 1/3 of what I used rather than the half)

that's the personal part.

And don't anyone dare tell me "BUT YOU HAD A MONOPOLY FOR SO LONG" that is such bs. NOTHING stopped anyone else doing the same thing me and my friends did. Y'all just lazy and hoping to get the number reduced by whining. Most guilds are bigger than mine, so that doesn't even hold weight.

Edited by Xellie, 13 December 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#103 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:08 PM

No one owes you anything if the release amount is reduced.

#104 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

No one owes you anything if the release amount is reduced.

Nobody owes anyone having the amount reduced.

If people can make 6 god items in the same effort as it took me to make 3, that is completely fubar.

unlike you lazy bastards, none of our seal chars were botted and nor did I sit around hoping to ninja someone else whilst CRYING TO GET THE GAME MADE EASIER.

Edited by Xellie, 13 December 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#105 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

I don't see the gms giving free levels because levelling is easier now than when the server first opened :).

#106 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

Levelling is a huge difference from the difference between 150 chars and 300 chars.

#107 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hng

Edited by cybernetic, 13 December 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#108 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

So if they did reduce the number to 50, I would ask one of two things, either reset half my chars (I have a list of who and what quested for valhalla) or just give me a free creation (that would only be 1/3 of what I used rather than the half)

Yes please. It'd really suck the big one if those characters were wasted just because a bunch of kids can't suck it up and do the same amount of work.

#109 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

Nice to see some thought into a change,

If this were implemented, could we see the return of the 5th fort in each realm and the old drop rate returned to Loot Boxes?

#110 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

Nevermind, I just saw this was a Classic thread, ignore my post,,,QQ

#111 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

Nice to see some thought into a change,

If this were implemented, could we see the return of the 5th fort in each realm and the old drop rate returned to Loot Boxes?

go back to renewal

#112 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

"Renewal server" seal was reduced to 50 a very long time before renewal even hit that server. They have 8 times the population of Classic and 1/2 the amount needed to roll seals.

This isn't about pleasing 1 person who cries and posts non stop, this is about pleasing the majority of the server. I am pretty sure what would please the majority of the server is to reduce roll to 50 and put in preventative ways to keep others from ninja your gods.

There is no logical reason to keep rolls at 100, it should have been 50 a long time ago. When you put in this new system, use the seal roll tokens and reset all characters to be able to roll seals again since its a new system (to make things more "fair" for those who have already rolled the seals using 100 characters).

And BAM everybody is happy. Your welcome.

#113 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

Why the hell are you kids incapable of doing what we did? Do we deserve to be dicked over like that?

I don't think so.

The seals were reduced when the population was way below 800 AND on top of that THE SERVERS WERE ALREADY SATURATED.

SATURATED WITH GOD ITEMS. Stop ignoring that point.

#114 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Renewal has 4,000+ players and seal requirement is 50 characters (years ago when it was classic mechanics and a drastically higher population then Classic currently has)

Classic has 500 players (1/8th of renewal) and seal requirements is 100 characters

Stop ignoring that point.

Was there compensation when the old "classic" servers on iRO changed from 100 to 50? No, there was not.

Edit: Your not getting "dicked over" at all. Your not losing anything at all.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 13 December 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#115 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

RENEWAL IS A DIFFERENT GAME.

I'm talking about pre-re when the servers were full of gods and the only way to make it fair was to make it easy as the population plummeted. Classic population is going UP and is NOT saturated. Why would you want to turn Classic in to iris/ygg/ymir?

Maybe you didn't play back then but it was horrible.

#116 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

I understand Renewal is a different game, but before renewal became renewal it was pre-renewal and when it was pre-renewal the seal rolls were reduced to 50 LONG before renewal even hit.

I want guilds that have put in the work to make their sets get what they deserve (god items) and not get it ninja'd @ 100 per seal.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 13 December 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#117 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

because the servers were saturated and really old, is that hard to get?

Classic is nothing like those servers, and nothing like that that state.

Edited by Xellie, 13 December 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#118 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

Ok we get you want seals to stay at 100 and no changes. Lets hear from others since we all know your opinion.

No new god item quest, reduce seal roll to 50 chars, and add preventative ways to keep people from ninja'ing (disable res tokens ect).

#119 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

Seriously, you haven't been reading, I've been against this effing quest from the start and in favour of an insurance policy at 100 quests.

Please read before you preach about what I (and the rest of VH) have been advocating. Maybe you should have posted before they put this stupid -_- in.

#120 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

No new god item quest, reduce seal roll to 50 chars, and add preventative ways to keep people from ninja'ing (disable res tokens ect).

Honestly this is probably what everyone would have preferred, no offense to Campitor and whoever else put in effort towards the quest.

#121 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

I never said anything about VH. Practice what you preach before you preach what I said.

Edit: Just do this: No new god item quest, reduce seal roll to 50 chars, and add preventative ways to keep people from ninja' ing (disable res tokens ect).

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 13 December 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#122 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Yes please. It'd really suck the big one if those characters were wasted just because a bunch of kids can't suck it up and do the same amount of work.

The issue has never been the amount of work you have to do get the god item. People will put it the work if they get something from it. The issue is putting in all that work and having your creation cheated from you from exploits / people with better connections. This god item quest will fix this problem and is a good solution. Though it needs a little bit of fixing to make it practical.

Edited by TheSputnik, 13 December 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#123 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Not trying to argue a point with you Xellie, but I understand how you feel and the many characters you and your team made to roll these seals.

You put a lot of effort and time into rolling the seals at the time this was harder to do. Everyone knows that and should hold an automatic acknowledgement for your efforts. All I'm saying is, if something is implemented/changed that would retro-actively changed the way you would've done things is an unfair point to make.

That's like saying I wouldn't have bought a 2013 car if I knew the 2014 was coming 2 months later. You wanted the items then and there, and you got them.

I'm honestly slightly confused why you feel 'dicked over', Again, not arguing just trying to understand.

Edited by Xealix, 13 December 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#124 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

But it eliminates our future ability to make as many items as a guild we would be in competition with? That's messed up.

buying a car doesn't really remove your ability to buy another car... you can always sell it on and pay slightly more for the upgrade :P

Edited by Xellie, 13 December 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#125 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Right, the 2014 just came out and you're salty. Believe me I get it.

A lot of people are going to begin doing the same thing you guys did back then; creating characters and questing non stop. People will feel the same sting you did very soon.

The only bad part is that you are coming with us for another round of suicidal quest repetition if they don't reset all seal quest status on all characters. (Though I'm assuming that's far too late now)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users