Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance - Page 13 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v490 - 11/8/2013! 3PM (-8 UTC) & Server Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#301 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

Moderation....that is a good word.  Making changes in increments is a good idea as well.  Yes, the mobs in dungeons needed to be harder to kill, especially the first 2 kings in HOO.  Yes, the mobs in general probably needed to be harder to kill.  I understand that the devs want people to have to party to farm kings, and not just run through solo from king to king.  All of that could have been accomplished by taking steps to increase the monsters.  Why not increase the HP some, then the Def some, etc.  Not go from one extreme to another all in one swoop.  I don't think many people thought that finishing a dungeon in 8 minutes was right and most would agree it needed to be tougher, but to go from finishing in 8 minutes to finishing in 2 hours is ridiculous. And I agree that for 1-2 hours of doing a dungeon and getting 5 lisent is ridiculous.  

And to be honest I never really realized that the cleric heals did not take SP.  It was tough enough getting the basic skills that are needed on a war cleric with those 2 skills not using sp.  Now it is impossible.  The same holds true for the FS cleric.  Great that you have the fun summons dragon, but you have to give up so many FS skills to get it.  And both FS and war clerics have no attack skills, so you are limiting the things you can do on those chars.  If I build a war cleric it is really only going to be good for wars...period.  And how many GA things can you do in a day without being bored to tears. A war cleric used to be able to be best at GA but ok in dungeons and could support people leveling and farming.  I have been a cleric since the beginning of time and always like playing cleric.  I have many other classes maxed and not, but I still play cleric the most.  But these days I feel very non effectual.  It is not really much fun playing cleric.  

And farming is worthless, no real good things to farm.  No need to level anything anymore.  Dungeons take hours.  CD is annoying with all the sleeps, stuns, etc and everyone massing around the clerics.......I mostly get on and chat.  I hate to complain and I usually try to see the best in it all but lately that has been tough and I am frustrated as hell playing a cleric that gets changed every 3-4 months and then gets made worthless.  

the roll over on teh dice they busted the cleric, so mush SP has lost after the new patch and i dont know what they are doing with that and what they are thinking all about that, no wonder they force teh cleric to get a reset just for cleric class and no more, what summon can do anyways when your attack by another player as ambush, useless, sometimes even your heal dont heal you, what now you make the healing skill of the cleric casual as in by chance to be effective?thats brilliant...

promised that after the patch cleric could have the refrest of the resets? oh where is that refresh went?

making the mobs tougher to match up the player growth, hahahaha for what? making so many mobs also in dungeon that dont drop anything good? doing dungeon for 5 hours when there is no max people joins you then after all what you got hermes? lisents? you think we worth that after all? thats a big NO NO for me, i would rather play another game than these...

maybe the idea of the person above was right, you make the dungeon far from completing possible for what for the people to be force to buy the skill books from IM money for you yes that is, we spend real money for nothing not even fun anymore....

sorry for saying so but thats how i feel...

#302 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

Ty i did not misread what was wrote.

i am stating that ppl who run dungeons DON'T run them for the reward (this is a nice side reward)

they run them for the valor reward, as he stated he WANTS to earn valor to get some pvm equips

the chance of dropping a tomb or adv skill however it is 

currently is a chance of 1%

when given 2 options 

1 a faster way to make valor pts and a reward lisent chems some bogus pvm equip no one uses 

2 a much harder run,more time,still receive valor and a better drop?? like what increase in drop chance of tomb/adv skill reward ?? there is nothing else ppl can call good drop..

anyone who has premium account will choose option 1 as its more time effective 

and if you have ran any dungeons lately 8/10 players are premium account holders (albeit since the coffin promo)

rose players choose the easy option, fastest option, quickest route, just look at the past  wks first 2 kings in HOO exploit HOO was never that popular,before this exploit most dungeons ran were COU as it is the easiest route to a VALOR reward 

but in all honesty nothing is gonna be implemented whats gonna happen is the increase is gonna get scaled bk .

me my self i am not running for every dungeon in these game for nothing

i run there for valor for my other chars to get geared and not called noob because most people here always thinks like that you have no set your newbie and noob.... 2nd is valor to be conversted as honor or remain valor to buy some items as stated above, 3rd running every singles dungeon i can with my cleric to get all the rituals i needed for my buff and other passives for my other chars and etc, even doing the premium service i did just to keep me running over and over again, now busted, am not running anymore its only headache....

hahahahahaha i dont know but if i may suggest the developers and all personnels in these game must deliverate and come to an idea better than these coz me personally i dont find these game fun anymore, tired of these things every now and then trying to fix bugs but adding another.. hahahahaha

thank you anyways for great endeavor of making these game most possible to be fun but what you think and called fun to watch for your own is isnt the fun we are trying to get.... maybe the fun side today is just sitting on junon city chating with friends and doing nothing, thats the only fun i can see... but doing kings, doing dungeons not fun... kings!!! yeah speaking of that, you want kings to be party kill for what after all you killed it you are given 1 low etheric, hahahaha you think they wont get busted? see for your self party your selves there and kill all the kings you see on the way and keep getting low etheric and some other legendaries that always worthless ever since, thats fun for you yes yes, keep up...

#303 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:draconis

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

Because they  follow what the people say that oh the dungeon is easy  ok we make it hard mode now :P

Why its become easy because the 2  boss in HOO is easy to kill its like only ordinary mobs...

Maybe its hard them to make the 2 boss to fix that bug .The easy way to do is make all hard mode the mobs in rose:P 

lucky is free energy :P

Edited by migsdali, 11 November 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#304 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

(FYI; with the mage example, I was thinking of a bigger separation within PvP and PvE then, because most PvP builds works with PvE, it would be nice to see more various skill and stat builds other than the same ones over and over)

there are always bene pve and pvp skills mage has ever since the skill update implemented, but they worth 4k valor for pve skills and 4k honors for pvp skills, if you want to have a good damage either pvp or pve you can purchase them but its a pain in the butt, 4k valor and honor? even we premium cant get that much in a day, hahahaha thats what fun for them...

#305 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

what about me im not premium :P

#306 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Because they  follow what the people say that oh the dungeon is easy  ok we make it hard mode now :P

Why its become easy because the 2  boss in HOO is easy to kill its like only ordinary mobs...

Maybe its hard them to make the 2 boss to fix that bug .The easy way to do is make all hard mode the mobs in rose:P 

lucky is free energy :P

the start of the bug and 2 bosses but not really the main boss on HOO dungeon as its only holding the key to the nest level was made bug after they implemented a change on prison and by implementing that chain quest for frozen corpse set last holloween event, its not they fault of the player also that they exploited that, look at lowbies now they dump them on PVP area of ruins thats so many bull-_- also killing them, thats what fun for them but pain in teh but for the others, why i so called they dump them there because prison after all now its useless map, if you wish just take thap map away from these game, hahahaha i remember the old days so many parties leveling there, now the time i was wondering around checking every map OMG prison is a ghost map, no player doing party, you know why? you made mobs invisible but samage like hell, hahaha fun for them to watch people die loses 2.xx exp everytime they die but killing mob only gives .o6exp points, yeah funny so fun...

i dont wanna comment anymore

developers

game masters

rose game persona's/personnels

just check for your self how you made the game

i wish before implementing what you come across your brains you test it your self how it work for you and for us

like most games, before doing the implementation

free testing of the personnels is done to assure good results

we new bugs could never be absent in games such us like these game

but atleast you can minimize them, but i dont know it seems everything/everytime bugs keep affecting players

ah headache...

#307 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

what about me im not premium :P

thats what i am trying to say how much for pain for those like you who are not premium and just enj0ying the fun

now what move they can do?

just ask them

observe clearly

no personnel from these server is reading and updating the post anymore

where did they go?

#308 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

and i hope they can fix what is heppening around now

#309 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:01 PM

why oh why would we have 2 modes when everyone would take the easy option ??

i am lucky enough  to own valor sets +15 , but how do you think i managed this?

i started with some blue drops, farmed some regular mobs and sold my rewards bought some reinforced gears

yes started doing some dungeons using my rein set not +15 but 8/9s

and managed to get my first set of brave refined to what i could afford, we dont start this game rich

and in time you will have enough pts to buy another set and so on....

so i hope this helps with your "how do we get valor set if we dont do dungeons" question 

pls try and remember this is a mmo....not a play thru action game with a end boss 

the game will continue to evolve and so will you with the game ... 

leo was right in another post" there has been to much hand holding in this game "

well, right now rein set is useless to do dungeon with. So, now new player need to farm those normal mobs until they got enough money to buy the overpriced brave gears in the market?

If the devs want to make the game like this, then fine for me. Just don't count on me playing. I'm one of those in simple side, if It's not fun, why bother playing? Honestly, they really need to increase gameplay instead of reducing it like this

Oh by the way, they increase the hp of normal mobs too, so farming will take 2-3x slower. It's really not rewarding now with the bad drops

Edited by gnxx, 11 November 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#310 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

well, right now rein set is useless to do dungeon with. So, now new player need to farm those normal mobs until they got enough money to buy the overpriced brave gears in the market?

If the devs want to make the game like this, then fine for me. Just don't count on me playing. I'm one of those in simple side, if It's not fun, why bother playing? Honestly, they really need to increase gameplay instead of reducing it like this

Oh by the way, they increase the hp of normal mobs too, so farming will take 2-3x slower. It's really not rewarding now with the bad drops

well count me in to not playing like you do

#311 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:06 AM

Still waiting for the promised 24hr skill reset for clerics..  :Emo_20:

#312 NightmareNL

NightmareNL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

I have tryed the patch yesterday, by killing some kings / mobs. To kill a king with my raider lvl 230 it takes about 13 minutes (solo). With 300% attack speed 1750 attack power 1260 acc Now I am not complaining about how long it takes. But are there any changes to the drop rate? Since I have killed like 100+ kings and never even got an Epic... So now it takes like 7 times as long to kill a king and with the same drop rate. Nobody is even willing to kill kings I guess... 

Then I tryed normal mastyx which takes 29 hits. Now I know that I havent got that many ap since I focused on attack speed. But 25-30 hits for a blue mastyx shouldnt be normal right? I am really hoping for some fine tuning... 

#313 thebusiness

thebusiness

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

I have tryed the patch yesterday, by killing some kings / mobs. To kill a king with my raider lvl 230 it takes about 13 minutes (solo). With 300% attack speed 1750 attack power 1260 acc Now I am not complaining about how long it takes. But are there any changes to the drop rate? Since I have killed like 100+ kings and never even got an Epic... So now it takes like 7 times as long to kill a king and with the same drop rate. Nobody is even willing to kill kings I guess... 

Then I tryed normal mastyx which takes 29 hits. Now I know that I havent got that many ap since I focused on attack speed. But 25-30 hits for a blue mastyx shouldnt be normal right? I am really hoping for some fine tuning... 

30 hits is nothing especially if you have 300% aspeed. Thats still not bad kill rate.

But no changes were made to the drops, maybe they want it to be harder to get those items.

#314 NightmareNL

NightmareNL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

30 hits is nothing especially if you have 300% aspeed. Thats still not bad kill rate.

But no changes were made to the drops, maybe they want it to be harder to get those items.

I am talking about a normal Mastyx. I dont agree with that. with 300 attack speed it still takes to long to kill a blue mob. I should make a video of it and you would agree. Blue grey mobs shouldnt take that long to kill. If I had 2,5k ap it would still take 20 hits I guess... :S I would agree for killing red ur purple mobs since they should  be harder to kill.

#315 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

I don't think the epics are that rare though.. I see shops with certain farmers having 5 fv's and more, thinking it's amazing how much those sell for... Meanwhile swapping server to draconis and realizing leonis economy is just stupid, so they aren't so rare. However, I'd say that it's your build/gear + I'm quite sure Orlo will be changed very soon.... ;) 

#316 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

I don't think the epics are that rare though.. I see shops with certain farmers having 5 fv's and more, thinking it's amazing how much those sell for... Meanwhile swapping server to draconis and realizing leonis economy is just stupid, so they aren't so rare. However, I'd say that it's your build/gear + I'm quite sure Orlo will be changed very soon.... ;)

If you have the funds up front you would be suprised how cheap some of those epics can be found for i for oe have payed less then half the going price for almost all of my epics purchsed

#317 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

Rather than post all the replies to people directly, I'm seeing a lot of conflict, discussion and some upset over the last patch.

To help give some light on what happened, here's the blunt truth behind what happened:

There was a miscommunication regarding the dungeon monster balancing and in effect, two avenues of monster status tweaking was done without being aware of one another. This is what caused the high difficulty of monsters from dungeons. Now, as I have reviewed all the posts and feedback, a lot of the complaints are only in regards to the dungeons. This only solidifies the fact that it was the 'double balance' to dungeon monsters that this happened.

So, this has been corrected and will be addressed in the patch and server maintenance today.

Also, the skill reset for Clerics is because depending on build, you had 10 extra skill points you gained for free. A very bad imbalance and we're not about to just let it go. The job and unique skill resets were not done, again due to a miscommunication.

Now at this point, I'm pretty sure reading this you would be thinking what I would be, which is "Why is there so much miscommunication?!"

It is because we were focused on the Item Mall's update, because somehow it was causing problems when we transferred it from our test environment to our live environment. Without going in to the details too much, we tried to make a change and thought we were doing it right by being fancy with code and it backfired, horribly. Hence the long maintenance that happened Friday. Fast forward to now, we now see during that period, communication broke down a little and double work was accidentally done, in the midst of trying to get the game back online from a simple oversight. An unfortunate mistake of human origin, we just missed it and it took us a while to find because of it.

Learning from it though, we're going to try to, once again, take things a bit slower so issues like this can be caught and prevented.

• Dungeon Monster stats are getting corrected.
  • The job and unique skill resets will get refreshed with the maintenance.

#318 BlowInTheDark

BlowInTheDark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationComodo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Rather than post all the replies to people directly, I'm seeing a lot of conflict, discussion and some upset over the last patch.

To help give some light on what happened, here's the blunt truth behind what happened:

There was a miscommunication regarding the dungeon monster balancing and in effect, two avenues of monster status tweaking was done without being aware of one another. This is what caused the high difficulty of monsters from dungeons. Now, as I have reviewed all the posts and feedback, a lot of the complaints are only in regards to the dungeons. This only solidifies the fact that it was the 'double balance' to dungeon monsters that this happened.

So, this has been corrected and will be addressed in the patch and server maintenance today.

Also, the skill reset for Clerics is because depending on build, you had 10 extra skill points you gained for free. A very bad imbalance and we're not about to just let it go. The job and unique skill resets were not done, again due to a miscommunication.

Now at this point, I'm pretty sure reading this you would be thinking what I would be, which is "Why is there so much miscommunication?!"

It is because we were focused on the Item Mall's update, because somehow it was causing problems when we transferred it from our test environment to our live environment. Without going in to the details too much, we tried to make a change and thought we were doing it right by being fancy with code and it backfired, horribly. Hence the long maintenance that happened Friday. Fast forward to now, we now see during that period, communication broke down a little and double work was accidentally done, in the midst of trying to get the game back online from a simple oversight. An unfortunate mistake of human origin, we just missed it and it took us a while to find because of it.

Learning from it though, we're going to try to, once again, take things a bit slower so issues like this can be caught and prevented.

• Dungeon Monster stats are getting corrected.
  • The job and unique skill resets will get refreshed with the maintenance.

Tyvm.

But, could you please rescale the orlo mobs, too? Just the normal ones. I think you rescaled them too high. Just like the other guy said, even the blue mobs take time to kill. And that's even with above average gears. 

#319 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

Tyvm.

But, could you please rescale the orlo mobs, too? Just the normal ones. I think you rescaled them too high. Just like the other guy said, even the blue mobs take time to kill. And that's even with above average gears. 

The thing with Orlo monsters is that because they are so sparsely placed, their stats were given a boost so they could be a little more difficult, but to compensate it, their experience was also boosted, 20-40% (more 40% than 20%) On average they have about 50% more HP and 25% more Attack Power. All monsters got their defenses rescaled, which means you may want to consider skills that reduce, penetrate, poison, burn or augment your damage in some way, to overcome these changes to the core of monsters.

#320 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

The thing with Orlo monsters is that because they are so sparsely placed, their stats were given a boost so they could be a little more difficult, but to compensate it, their experience was also boosted, 20-40% (more 40% than 20%) On average they have about 50% more HP and 25% more Attack Power. All monsters got their defenses rescaled, which means you may want to consider skills that reduce, penetrate, poison, burn or augment your damage in some way, to overcome these changes to the core of monsters.

I understand the change and the stats seem appropriate, but I think that it deserves a little higher of an experience boost (50%-70%).

Reaching the last lvls (220-230), levelling is an extremely tedious task, and outright boring to do. Especially so since nearly all mobs aren't level appropriate any longer, and you don't get as much xp.

#321 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

jerremy, I understand if I make that change now, how Orlo is currently it would make things easier. But I don't want to keep Orlo how it is currently, because I feel like it fell short of what it was intended to be. I have a clear vision of what I was hoping to see Orlo become and would like to continue that effort in time. Rather than take the steps back, to step forward, I would like to keep stepping forward so progression is always happening. :)

The skill update was a stepping stone towards the goal I have set for myself to reach before the end of next year. Unfortunately, yes, it may take that long, because of how I've come to understand and accept time management with the resources we have available. Should anything change, it should only make us progress faster at this point. :)

One step at a time. :D We'll get there!

#322 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

What the traditional chinese costume costume  its have only ordinary bonus ? :P

#323 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

What the traditional chinese costume costume  its have only ordinary bonus ? :P

Oh no, you're right! It is missing its bonus! It'll be fixed next patch and I'll be sure to extend the bonus time duration as well for the time it has not had the bonus to it.

#324 DCmaster

DCmaster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

Oh no, you're right! It is missing its bonus! It'll be fixed next patch and I'll be sure to extend the bonus time duration as well for the time it has not had the bonus to it.

You're the best Leonis!  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users