Comparing The new Skillupdate to the old one. - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Comparing The new Skillupdate to the old one.

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#51 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

It's just if it's a case of balance the old update was far more balanced for everybody than this one. The game was based more on the game and less on the item mall, also it had more players. I have noticed a large amount of players quit since this update has come into action and you can't deny that. don't tell me that this update has potential because if that was true nobody would have quit. and even if it's not going to be changed back they should replace all wasted buffsets with zullie and or other items.

#52 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

Almost all class are balanced now. They just need to fix xbow knight and xbow scout since they are the only class which can tank and kill at the same time.

#53 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

Soda how about Mages? and the under power on Bow scouts? Champs also have slight advantage over raiders :) no where near balanced sorry.

#54 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

Xbows are OOOOP. someone said, each class has cons and pros and I understand different classes have had the're peak moments before. But this is extreme, xbows have no cons at the moment.
I personally dont mind the patch(the game cant stay the same forever, changes are bound to happen sooner or later). it just needs a few tweaks here and there. The thing I hate the most is Mosters are OP for those that dont have a buffer or cant find one.Every party i see has a high lvl buffer. I remember back in the days your only buffer and healer was the low lvl muse or cleric in your party. No sacri, no high level buffer cleric, just you and your team. I miss those days

I know you are doing your very best to get the class balancing sorted, keep it up.From what I see, ROSE is moving forward in some aspects, exept for xbows atm. good going :)

TheBlob

Edited by bl0b, 14 November 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#55 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

I sometimes spend up to 20k IM per month

I have noticed!

#56 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:15 AM

I have noticed!

Now that you made me notice.. that's one hell of a high amount.

And fizzmo, slight advantages are there due to how classes are, some builds just work better against others.

#57 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

Xbows are OOOOP. someone said, each class has cons and pros and I understand different classes have had the're peak moments before. But this is extreme, xbows have no cons at the moment.

You know you should stop complaining about the 'OP XBOWS' because it's not just the class, and yes i've seen and tested it.

My friend has the exact same statbuild,gearbuild,skillbuild, we both have pvped 3 other classes 3x each class.

I have won all the 3x pvp's against all 3 classes (Raider,Champ,Mage) while on the other hand my friend (he has been playing xbow just as long as I did) he lost all of the pvp's while wearing the exact same gears as me.

Just because some classes do a bit more Attack Power doesn't mean the class is OP, it's the player who makes the class OP..

I've seen alot of champs hitting me 4-5K with 1 specific attack while I was on full tank mode (8-10k defense), and some champs won't even hit 500.

It's all about the player, and how skilled the player is. :hmm:

#58 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

20k IM :o
*salutes valakas*

#59 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Now that you made me notice.. that's one hell of a high amount.

No I mean I have noticed, because i've done some trades with Valakas, over 45-50K IM in 1,5 Months, that's some crazy amount of IM right ;)

#60 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

20k IM :o
*salutes valakas*

#61 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

No I mean I have noticed, because i've done some trades with Valakas, over 45-50K IM in 1,5 Months, that's some crazy amount of IM right ;)

That's some dedication right there (or a crapload of money that can get spent) o:

#62 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

Soda how about Mages? and the under power on Bow scouts? Champs also have slight advantage over raiders :) no where near balanced sorry.

Mages - from what I've observed they aren't as OP as what others are making it seem. Mages are SUPPOSE to hit high damage since they have very low def. I haven't played a mage long enough in this update but for me it really takes right timing and proper tactics to play a mage. It's not like any other class which can stay in one spot and kill and tank with pots. Although i do have to say that a mage can definitely tank way better than an artisan though

Bow scout- I've seen decent bow scouts this update, although i cant really judge them since i haven't played mine in years. But most of them have really high damage, so I'm guessing people are complaining that scouts cant tank? Cause if you're talking about survivability i think they are pretty much in par with raiders tbh.

I've based my observation on people who DO actually know how to build their classes right. Cause most of the time people just cry over their class' weakness instead of finding a solution to it. That's why my focus was on xbow knight/scouts is because they are the only class so far that doesn't even take much experience to play.

#63 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

djilano your friend must be retarded because all I had to do within the hour I was xbow is use reflect and spam stuns etc and easily win against ANYONE. they should just restore the old patch and fix the bugs on that, instead of wasting all the buffsets and work old players like myself did over the years just so noobs can make xbows and trash us because they have an OP class.

#64 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

djilano your friend must be retarded because all I had to do within the hour I was xbow is use reflect and spam stuns etc and easily win against ANYONE. they should just restore the old patch and fix the bugs on that, instead of wasting all the buffsets and work old players like myself did over the years just so noobs can make xbows and trash us because they have an OP class.

#65 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

You know you should stop complaining about the 'OP XBOWS' because it's not just the class, and yes i've seen and tested it.
My friend has the exact same statbuild,gearbuild,skillbuild, we both have pvped 3 other classes 3x each class.

I have won all the 3x pvp's against all 3 classes (Raider,Champ,Mage) while on the other hand my friend (he has been playing xbow just as long as I did) he lost all of the pvp's while wearing the exact same gears as me.

Just because some classes do a bit more Attack Power doesn't mean the class is OP, it's the player who makes the class OP..
I've seen alot of champs hitting me 4-5K with 1 specific attack while I was on full tank mode (8-10k defense), and some champs won't even hit 500.

It's all about the player, and how skilled the player is. :hmm:

I get you, what im saying is they out class the bow scout in alot of aspects. They got high def coupled with killer ap. I thought xbows were a more defensive class and the bow scouts more attacking class. Im no pro so dont have real statistics to prove this.
Just my opinion and im only comparing them to bow scouts. Maybe other classes fair better against it, and like you said, SKILL.

#66 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

Yes, the crossbow knight and scout both are considerably strong, we get that. But your manner of speech does not really help conveying it. If you want to give feedback, do it properly without rage or insult.

#67 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

What make you think champ has adventage on raider? I have seen many raiders including mine beat 2hand champ and spear champ on war pvp. I have not tried on axe yet because most of champs I have seen are 2hand type. And in term of CD, raider job is to take down BA, Mage and cleric.

To me now all classes are balance and only need to fix a bit on xbow type. The rest is fine.

I have no idea now what your complains really are. First you talk about buffset, then you talk about money people spend on new skill book, then talk about OP class. Every classes has their own duty in war and cd.

Just try to build one good char, and pvp with people who you should. I don't pvp with knight or xbow scout because shield users are made for tank and not suppose to be beaten down by one person.

Cleric is not OP at all. You should try playing cleric alone in CD and you will see how pain they get.

Edited by FireJin, 14 November 2013 - 12:39 AM.

#68 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:42 AM

Yes, the crossbow knight and scout both are considerably strong, we get that. But your manner of speech does not really help conveying it. If you want to give feedback, do it properly without rage or insult.

no rage here or insult intended. Maybe I should just try to be a better player :P

#69 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

no rage here or insult intended. Maybe I should just try to be a better player :P

Wasn't aimed at you specifically, perhaps I should have used quotes to adress said person.

#70 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

Sure man call my friend a retard, but the real retard in here is you.. Complaining and whining about a class that's considered "OP" while you probably don't even have the skill to play one.

If you do I would like to have a fair PVP that contains big bet, see if it's just spamming and stunning, PM me if you want to prove that you are correct. ;)

Nop keep it ontopic stop insulting people and get over it or stop complaining, and give feedback.. raging won't get you anywhere except for dislikes from me.

#71 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:06 AM

djilano if it was the old patch id happily war pvp you for no less than 20b ^-^ but I refuse to pvp here as all the classes are unbalanced. there should be a poll to bring the old one back.

FireJin i'd love to see you win a war pvp against a champ with a bow scout :) do that then tell me it's balanced

Edited by FizzMo, 14 November 2013 - 02:08 AM.

#72 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

It's sad that threads like this that can be so informational and useful for the devs, easily turn into personal attacks towards people whom don't agree upon each others opinions, this thread would need a tiny bit of cleaning but yeah~ 

I can see a lot of potential within the new skillupdate, but there's still things that I wish were different. 

As I can tell there's a lot of people that mention "item mall" being included within the update, but other than the tomes / pvp skills (which you can get for zullie by buying item mall things, disassemble and get premium points, so technically purchasable in game), this was definitely worse before. Before you had to have buffsets, gear and ringsets for each buff that you buffed to be "powerful". 

Unless you're a cleric that's crazy about max CHA, there's not as much re-rolling going on other than your main set (if you aren't mspeed greedy to run around in junon since you can't switch gear in combat now anyway), as I see it, there's less item mall involved within the game compared to before. Yes, I've played for many years but I've never spent money on item mall things, I got a gamecard once from a friend but I wasted that on costumes since I'm shallow, so yea, you can definitely gear up without spending a single $ on it, and if you're too lazy to farm, you can always join ShazamO's sweet challanges, I've scored a lot of points there myself.

However, back to the update. 

One thing which I definitely don't agree with is that the dispell skill Fierce Cudgeling is still in game. I'm sure there's a nice thought around it, but within the community of Rose Online, a lot of people just make mages to simply debuff. There's only a very few mages that don't use their mages to debuff. Although I really like that mages are useful now compared to how they were before. 

I get that the dispell skill is the mage escape skill because of their squishyness, but wouldn't it be better to replace it with another escape skill ex:

Make a skill that teleports the mage 10m forward from the spot they're standing on, or perhaps something like; 

"when the player casts this skill on player "x", the player turns into a frog [insert how many seconds here] or eventually til another player purifys it? There could be so much more tactic made into this game.

(I'm not sure if this would work with the new mechanics but it's something that would be both irritating and enjoyable for both sides, making people into frogs or something else.)

The reason why the debuff is such a bad skill is because the game depends so much on buffs, many CD's end because the team are without a cleric, so it's quite obvious why the skill is so miss-used, which also brings us to Knights. I feel like we never got a good explanation behind why knights have debuff, isn't their super-annoying sacri skill already annoying enough? If any class, Knights don't need a debuff skill, I can see how it's useful towards mages if the mage debuffs the Knight, but you could perhaps limit the debuff to certain classes.

I've been maining Raider for a very long time, and it's a known fact that we're squishy, without buffs, we're pretty much dead. Yeah sure, I can pop stealth and run away, but if either is on cooldown and a mage together with a knight decides to debuff me, I'm gone. There's only a little communication within the groupchat needed to debuff each target to kill them one by one.

Another thing about mages, is the whole elemental-tree idea. I really like it, but I got disappointed when I checked my mage to try it out. I was hoping for a system where it required you to be either ex: A fire mage, or a frost mage, etc. The way you guys set the system ups allows the mages to put in points in different trees which kind of ruins the idea behind having elementals, or that's just my view of it. I'm guessing a lot of people wouldn't like it, but wouldn't it be cool to be able to be 4 different kind of mages?
If all classes got the elemental builds, it would be so much more versatile. Many people complain around the game not being versatile enough because the buffsets were removed and the hot-swap, but then the players are simply focusing on the wrong things. The things that should make certain classes versatile is their builds, yes gear should matter but not to the extent where it takes over the game. 

The reason why it would be more versatile with only being able to have one element chosen is because if all classes had certain elements available, ex. a water element mage towards a fire element raider the whole pvp scenario would be different and the feedback would also change instead of just saying "It's the xbow scout that's tier right now please boost this class", there would be much more to think about around the game.
^ This is purely a suggestion... sorry for going outside the whole comparison idea. 

I do have much more to say but I feel like my post turned too long already, I'll tune in later on~

Edited by DigitalKitten, 14 November 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#73 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:11 AM

djilano if it was the old patch id happily war pvp you for no less than 20b ^-^ but I refuse to pvp here as all the classes are unbalanced. there should be a poll to bring the old one back.

We are talking about the current update, I would like to bet 2x Priest Hats that you are unable to prove that you are right when PVPING

me. No class in the previous Skill Patch was balanced.. You're just saying it was because you were probably playing a class that was considered "OP".

Just get over it, new skills have been implanted so go and learn those like everyone else of us had to do... I had to reskill my characters aswell and still learning some other classes.

Edited by djilano, 14 November 2013 - 02:12 AM.

#74 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

Well I've also noticed anyone who was a commited strong player in the last patch has ither quit or hates this new patch, and all the people who were ungeared via buffsets love it because they just changed to xbow and can rape anyone well that's only one problem with this patch. What about the billions of zullie that was wasted when they disabled buffsets? also why are you scared to make a poll to see what players really think? and act on the outcome. Every time I ask these questions I get a side track answer by some noob xbow type that I don't care about because in the last patch I would of smoked u in 30 seconds. anyways just have a poll see what the players really think? Don't be pussys. Sorry for my words but it's true all you guys seem to do is what you think will be best not what's best for the community.

#75 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:16 AM

Well I've also noticed anyone who was a commited strong player in the last patch has ither quit or hates this new patch, and all the people who were ungeared via buffsets love it because they just changed to xbow and can rape anyone well that's only one problem with this patch. What about the billions of zullie that was wasted when they disabled buffsets? also why are you scared to make a poll to see what players really think? and act on the outcome. Every time I ask these questions I get a side track answer by some noob xbow type that I don't care about because in the last patch I would of smoked u in 30 seconds. anyways just have a poll see what the players really think? Don't be pussys. Sorry for my words but it's true all you guys seem to do is what you think will be best not what's best for the community.

How can u draw a conclusion in you "smoking me in 30 seconds" when you have never met me before, or never pvped me before.
Yet can u stop whining and complaining about the new skills, you either fit in or get lost :hmm:

All you do is trying to humiliate people on the forums, because your 'OP' class got nerfed to a 'Weak' class..

Then why did Leonis & Genesis made the Pegasus  server? Yes indeed so the community could test everything, give feedback

and changes were made, sorry you missed out.

Edited by djilano, 14 November 2013 - 02:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users