THE AFTERMATH : SHUT DOWN THE SERVER. - Page 2 - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

THE AFTERMATH : SHUT DOWN THE SERVER.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#26 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

New skills animations are pretty cool, most of all non-casting skills don't root you to the floor.

Rogues' new <Moonlight Drive> is a bit too fast it looks flashy and cool (albeit a bit sad), at the very least, the damage it delivers is notisable better than any other of our skills now.

The way Rogues now run and their battle pose is awesome and I love it.

New side effects from many skills from many classes are neat, they open my mind to so many combos... so many...

Monks now have a door open to the DPS world, I specially like the animation my monk has reminds me a lot of Luffy from One Piece, which I certainly like a lot!

Skills rebalance were ok on the most part, I mean, we could say all classes got buffed. However, we have to admit... it was a bit over the top...

Not to mention, it was obviously focused on ATK classes... I dunno, whoever did this "rebalance" of the stats certainly didn't pay too much attention to testing out if all the skills revamps were working correctly.

The community wasn't even really expecting the majority of this patch for this year, at most we were expecting the Monks and Beastmasters skills rebalance.

This brings me to wonder, why did you rush? Did you have some sort of pressure? Were you finally running out money so you wanted a little push up? I mean... the current problems are so... so obvious I don't know how it could litteraly by pass a test... its just as simple as go, make a char, pick a class, get in front of a monster, and test out the damage of skill 1, skill 2, skill n. Then jump to next class and test out the damage... whats so difficult about a test like that?

By the way, nice going, throwing out the window all the work you did in this year worth of raid content... ITS SO GOOD TO KNOW THAT BRINGING 10 PEOPLE WITH I BET LVL 30 GEAR TO A HARD MODE RAID AND ACTUALLY HAVING POTS AT HAND IS OVERDOING IT!

#27 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:20 AM

If you're gonna shut the servers down, at least wait until I hit level 70. I'll have it by tomorrow morning.

#28 Sahri

Sahri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

I thought I read somewhere they wanted to iron out the majority of the bugs before releasing it but I get a vibe they have been pushed to release it by the higher-ups. I bet if it was the GMs and CMs call this patch wouldn't have been released for another couple of months.

#29 LozSt

LozSt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

If you're gonna shut the servers down, at least wait until I hit level 70. I'll have it by tomorrow morning.

please, tell me that they are not shutting down the servers, i haven't played since 18/13 due to the binding issue, and i just started

to download a new client for the game T_T

#30 nove1234

nove1234

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

please tell me that you guys accidentally nerfed int-based classes. please tell me this is a bug and will be fixed. please tell me this is not what the "class balance" was intended to be like. :hmm:

#31 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

This is as bad as when Renewal was put in for RO1. Lots of potential for good, but all entirely wasted with inaction to improve the game balance on the existing data.

Edited by GuardianTK, 20 December 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#32 Teases

Teases

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationThe Shame Cube
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Trick Question...

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

I knew this current patch was going to go south when I read that the SEA client postponed their initial release because of bugs and such.

#33 sedfrer

sedfrer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Rollback! Rollback! My sorc makes me want to punch some walls.

#34 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

Just, what kind of beta testing you did with this patch?

Is this how you present an update to the community?

The game is beyond broken right now (not talking about the update itself) there's just too many bugs at the moment to be 'playable'.

#35 Lukiner

Lukiner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

Rollback! Rollback! My sorc makes me want to punch some walls.

- they don't do rollback because people may buy cash shop stuff + it would be punch in da face for those who spend a lot of hours this week playing RO2: AoV => half of player base leave and never come back to RO2 => game dies

- they do rollback because new content made certain classes OP/broken (rangers/assassins/rouges) and allowed to abuse them while other classes are UP (magic classes or hybrid classes) + other weird working/not working stuff => other half of player base leave and never come back to RO2 => game dies

well WP is in very -_-ty situation now

Just, what kind of beta testing you did with this patch?

Is this how you present an update to the community?

The game is beyond broken right now (not talking about the update itself) there's just too many bugs at the moment to be 'playable'.

didn't you learned already that iRO2 is actually open beta server that just entered new stage of testing with AoV? WP on their private servers only tested stability of new content and if it don't break server + translate stuff... but rest testing is left for us haha

#36 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

iRO2 isn't even a year old, and it got a bunch of updates one after another without letting stuff get properly tested and stable, it feels like they are rushing things...

#37 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

iRO2 isn't even a year old, and it got a bunch of updates one after another without letting stuff get properly tested and stable, it feels like they are rushing things...

They are rushing things because these content they put out gets stale fast. They do it to keep their playerbase and I guess you can say satisfaction to a certain extent but these new content they release comes out with abundant bugs which they just release instead of testing out and making sure to have minimal bugs on patch day

#38 1214681284

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Server:odin

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

I really like the changes they made on the SM skillwise even though its not enough I can say it got a decent chance of competing with other classes on colosseum! good job.

#39 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

I don't think a rollback is necessary nor do I expect it since they have had crucial errors that left a bigger impact on the game that didn't warrant a rollback in their minds.

I don't expect a shutdown either since the WoE patch left the game unplayable in many ways and was left in a pathetic state for several weeks before attempts to fix bugs were made.

the two most important issues that need addressing are the proper class stat and skill balancing and fixing the broken quest issues for newer players.

I don't care about master points or dayr desert quests and all that other stuff if my class is nigh unplayable or simply unfun to play. I seriously hope that gravity and WP realize just how severe the current issues are.

Edited by DatMONKey, 21 December 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#40 Trikshots

Trikshots

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

I came to this server cause it would be easier to play with my friends here in the US rather than trying to get them onto the european/ korean servers.
I told them id try things out first, see how it went

and im glad I did.

I was hyped to see the updates but highly disappointed in the outcome when it was patched. 
Missing quest, bugged skills, horrendous hit ratios for casters (I wanted to make a Crescentia but half my skills RARELY hit...dafuq?)

Like others have said, try testing things on a seperate test server before exposing the players to such a bugged game due to patch failures.

I'll always support the RO series and Gravity, but come on, aint fair to your players when you cripple their gaming experience.

I'll be back when the new patch is up and hopefully things get better.

You guys got this!

#41 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

I came to this server cause it would be easier to play with my friends here in the US rather than trying to get them onto the european/ korean servers.
I told them id try things out first, see how it went

and im glad I did.

I was hyped to see the updates but highly disappointed in the outcome when it was patched. 
Missing quest, bugged skills, horrendous hit ratios for casters (I wanted to make a Crescentia but half my skills RARELY hit...dafuq?)

Like others have said, try testing things on a seperate test server before exposing the players to such a bugged game due to patch failures.

I'll always support the RO series and Gravity, but come on, aint fair to your players when you cripple their gaming experience.

I'll be back when the new patch is up and hopefully things get better.

You guys got this!

LOL. you act as if you are one of the important people on this game. 

#42 Pharol

Pharol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

I'll be honest: My main is a Crecentia, and I haven't noticed too many of my attacks missing. No, I'm not pay-to-win (I refuse to become pay-to-win on principle, aside from my Mayor Plumberge title), and the only Kafra points I've ever spent were on purely cosmetic things like costumes.

That said, and while the above is purely anecdotal, it is absolutely impossible to deny just how severely broken the magic classes are. I haven't touched my Sorcerer since this patch hit. 300 HP per tick from Land of Recovery is unacceptable and indefensible, especially since we're now getting into quintuple-digit HP while not being a VIT-tank. HOW did that one slip passed the radar? HOW has that not been fixed? I have seen sorcerers get turned down for raids for the first time in my entire history of playing this game. It's that bad, and that's a damn shame.

I've been a loyal - and paying - player of this game since launch. I loved the anime-ish graphics. I loved the costumes, the colors, and while it's no Crysis, I loved the watercolor-like environments. But I'm sorry, I cannot stay quiet about this anymore. It's time for an intervention. I would call it pure laziness, but at this point, I think it's worse than that. It has happened too many times and with too much increasing frequency for it to be anything other than systemic. I don't know whether it's executive meddling, absolutely atrocious testing, or unrealistic deadlines that you're simply too prideful to push back in favor of more testing and bug-fixing, but something is very, very wrong at Gravity, and likely at WarpPortal too.

The worst part is that all of this could have been easily caught with some proper beta testing. If this game offered that, I'd be the first to sign up for it. Does Gravity even bother to look at their patch before it launches? At this point, I would be surprised, and probably worried, if the answer to that is yes. If I launched a program like this where I work with such glaring and obvious bugs in it before launch, or at least an attempt to fix it, I'd probably get fired, and rightly so.

I love this game. I don't want it to die. I've spent money on it while at the same time staying true to my anti-P2W philosophy. THAT'S how much I like this game. If you are going to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by letting the bugs get so bad in this game that you alienate what loyal players you still have, then so be it. I just hope that someone out there is already making a private server. I know my words are most likely falling on deaf ears, but don't let it get to that point. Please. This game, and everyone who enjoys it, deserves better.

#43 Trikshots

Trikshots

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

LOL. you act as if you are one of the important people on this game. 

just saying what I think, sorry if it came off that way.

#44 TaroBubbleTea1

TaroBubbleTea1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Server:Ch. 1/4/8

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:36 AM

Rollback.. is pretty much too late now, so yea-- they screwed up bac

k. 

I stopped bothering to go on after the whole lag issues(Well I had finals too but anyway--) 

I'm not even going to bother with lvling and etc anymore. The whole fast cast and non-lock animation is good and all but.. after hearing things are all broken.. the classes.. al those misses.. raid being easy and they can't hit you anymore… I should abuse it while I can but.. not really fun.. and somehow makes me feel too lazy to even try it.. *Prefers doing things legitly thats why* I miss when.. raid bosses you had to strategies and all.. but now… Meeh.. 

Wooo.. my monk has been buffed up-- but ff-- both my mains are.. my Sorc and Priest… 

Well w/e.. I just go on now if I'm needed by friends/guild.. or to buy/sell at AH. I only go on just to collect costumes now.. 

They could have probably temporary closed down the server.. giving it time to be fixed and wouldn't have not been too late to rollback BUT.. were there TEST subjects so.. *shrugs* 

Ah well.. Hopefully they fixed it up soon… also hope the game becomes fun again..

#45 FluffyMiyu

FluffyMiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Nom nom nom

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

You get 100 hp per tick for LoR, but still healing 1k per heal for Healing Wave.

-_- logic.

#46 Krigare

Krigare

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

I'm a bit torn on this one.

They got under the hood and tinkered with how stats, weapons, and everything else interacted, which all in all is not a bad thing imo, they even made the actual stats themselves relevant, even for where you assign your points. I can't fault them for making the changes like that. Heck, I had a good bit of fun on my sorc playing around working out what they did and how it fit together (or as much as I can figure out without a solid parser and more work than I have time for during the holidays) and sorting out how to make him playable with new build of the game and the mechanics changes. Hate to say it, I like the new sorc (yeah, hate me, troll me, flame me, whatever, the whole freeze>VS>JT or freeze>JT>CB>JT was BORING) and I love the fact I can aoe worth a damn now, and yes, they need to fix a pair of our skills but those should be quick fixes unless they have spaghetti code for their skills database.

The parts that I have an issue with are the fact that they didn't put out any notice ahead of time of some of the basic mechanics changes (like how damage is done now, its different, hence the larger skill multipliers) or offer any explanations/test time for people so that some things could be explained in a way that doesn't result in folks going "OMG!!!!!!!111!!!!!11 THINGS CHANGED I HAS NO NETGUIDE TO TELL ME HOW TO PLAY!!!!!" (exaggeration, I know, but it gets the point across, not everyone cares to go through and sort that stuff out themselves, or has the time, know how, or math skills to do it, and I get that, I don't fault the player-base for that one.) Is it fixable? Yeah. I dunno, I might bother putting up what I've sorted out and see if anyone wants to add to and we can do a quickie "Players FAQ to Advent of Valkyrie" so people can at least get told to go read the damn forums instead of mucking up public with the same old same old.

And the other part they mucked up on was the physical classes. Not just rangers, but knights/warrior all of them. For some skills, the damage calcs from magic classes stay consistent. For others its like "WTF, I see the number, but maths please, coders should know maths" and "QA, Paging QA, Pink Slips for the whole department." Because that never should have worked that way. And yes, between certain bugs (Archers/Rangers, or rather mutlispa...er, shot; Earth Seal Land of Renewal, Certain Priest Skills, you know the ones for your chosen classes I'm sure) that are blatantly obvious, and others that are not as blatantly obvious but with a decent play test of the build by dedicated QA folks, it shouldn't have gotten to us like this.

AND WP...I'm guessing from what was said on the live streams, to what ended up happening, you were trying to give the players something they were clamoring for, Next time, remember, your the guys with the code, you know when its ready or not. Doing weekly live streams with teasers and letting us continually know that progress was occurring and letting us see that would have been far, far better than rushing this and giving us a very bug ridden patch.

#47 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

This patch really hurts sorcs it nerfed crit which we depend on, nerfed matk, broke earth emblem, broke lor, nerfed deluge, increased sp costs by 5x, and the master class expands the wrong skills.

If this is not fixed soon expect the 20% who play sorc to quit.

#48 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

So.... anyone else having deja vu?

This reminds me of that time when everyone abused the -_- out of embus to gear themselves up in dungeons they could not complete without it. Was there a rollback? Sadly, nope.

The lack of action on WP's part to correct and PREVENT the abuse of unintended bugs is what pisses me off the most.

Case and point:

ScreenCapture_2013_12_22_16_23_58_zpsb21

At this rate I could probably have full T2 colo before I even bother getting this alt to 50.

Something is terribly wrong with this patch and the lack of any action to IMMEDIATELY fix and prevent the abuse of these unintended bugs is ridiculous. People are gaining a crapload from this patch, while others are gimped so severely they cannot even play. How is this fair and balanced?

You've got aod/chaos keyed people grinding the -_- out of it cause whooo its EZMODE ALL THE DROP BELONG TO ME!! Meanwhile, if you didn't complete the quests to unlock coa/aod before patch, guess what? VICTORY POINT DONT DROP ANYMORE HAHAHAHAHAAHA... effectively locking any fresh 50s from advancing.

I can almost guarantee if any other game had these problems, they would have rolled back to pre-patch within 24 hours of release.

Instead we got an emergency maintenance to fix.... Battle Manual Scrolls? Really?

WP I am disappoint ಠ_ಠ

#49 Pharol

Pharol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

Also, this combat bug has really overstayed its welcome. Three months now this is going on, and it's a death sentence in places like Fallen Fortress. It needs to go, badly. It needed to be patched months ago.

#50 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

So.... anyone else having deja vu?

This reminds me of that time when everyone abused the -_- out of embus to gear themselves up in dungeons they could not complete without it. Was there a rollback? Sadly, nope.

The lack of action on WP's part to correct and PREVENT the abuse of unintended bugs is what pisses me off the most.

Case and point:

ScreenCapture_2013_12_22_16_23_58_zpsb21

At this rate I could probably have full T2 colo before I even bother getting this alt to 50.

Something is terribly wrong with this patch and the lack of any action to IMMEDIATELY fix and prevent the abuse of these unintended bugs is ridiculous. People are gaining a crapload from this patch, while others are gimped so severely they cannot even play. How is this fair and balanced?

You've got aod/chaos keyed people grinding the -_- out of it cause whooo its EZMODE ALL THE DROP BELONG TO ME!! Meanwhile, if you didn't complete the quests to unlock coa/aod before patch, guess what? VICTORY POINT DONT DROP ANYMORE HAHAHAHAHAAHA... effectively locking any fresh 50s from advancing.

I can almost guarantee if any other game had these problems, they would have rolled back to pre-patch within 24 hours of release.

Instead we got an emergency maintenance to fix.... Battle Manual Scrolls? Really?

WP I am disappoint ಠ_ಠ

why bother for t2 now when even T1 has chunglingsa rune holes now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users