General Technical Guide to fix ROSE bugs - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

General Technical Guide to fix ROSE bugs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 HolyEagle

HolyEagle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationDrinkLand
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:53 AM

Posted Image

General Guide to fight ROSE Bugs

Since I have seen enough people straggling to find the known solutions to ROSE bugs I decided to gather them here so that its easier to be located without the need of going through threads to locate the solutions from technical section. Remember this is a small sum up. For more help and info you ll have to check and post at forum's Technical Section.

For Windows XP:
  • Launcher crashing or not starting up:
    The only problem that you might face in Windows XP is the launcher crashing because of custom windows themes. ROSE launcher for some reason doesn't like custom themes. Change to classic theme and try again. Remember you need to have installed Net Framework 3.5 SP1. If for some reason you can't make it work then use a custom launcher made by a community member here.

For Windows Vista/7:
  • Npc Text & Auto Close during Log in: [ Fixed permanently by ROSE developers ]
    For both cases, once you disable UAC, delete ROSE.db & temp file from game folder in program files you need to play by turning off and on the following options on Roseonline.exe and Trose.exe each time you face the problem:
    Roseonline.exe, Trose.exe
    Posted ImagePosted Image
  • Launcher crashing at start up:
    1. Run the game as Administrator
    2. Turn on Windows XP compatibility mode
    3. Disable User Account Control (UAC)
    4. Make sure you have Net Framework 3.5 SP1. Check using this tool.
    Note that in Windows 7 you dont need to do that since Windows 7 by default have a slightly newer Net version.
    5. If you are not able to fix it then use GenPatch, a custom launcher made by a community member. Details here.

For All Windows:
  • Community member Rayun made a Windows Vista/7 XP Compatibility enabler for ROSE that is helping with NPC text and auto close. Details here.
  • Custom made ROSE launcher by NGenesis without the need of NetFramework to help people with launcher crashing here.

Posted Image

Frequently Asked Questions

I decided to make a list of the common problems and questions many people usually have and try to give some answers and point them to the right direction of what to look for. I will try to keep it simple as this will only be mostly a guide of what to look for in the proper sections of the forum. This mini FAQ will include mostly some common technical difficulties since the forum has a Technical Support section. The list of questions will be expanded from time to time and new questions will be added.

1. Why nothing happens when i press the play button ?
This is a common problem, it means that your client got corrupted. This can happen by three things a) Unsuccessful download/update of a patch after maintenance b ) Corrupted Setup was downloaded which caused errors during installation c) Your antivirus program faulty detects ROSE as virus. The only solution is to reinstall the client and make sure that your downloaded setup is proper and you can confirm that by following the steps in the download guide.

2. In game graphics/sound control panel isn't working properly, how can I force manually the desired graphics/sound options ?
These settings are stored in a file called SevenHearts.ini and is located inside the ROSE installation folder. You can open that file with notepad and make the desired changes that will take effect after restarting the game.

3. Zip kind error messages ?!
There are various zip error messages like zip structure error, decompression error, read/write failure, error in zip file, this archive is not a valid Zip archive. Most of the times these errors appear because of two reasons: a)Corrupted downloaded ROSE setup b)Firewall is blocking the installation or update procedure of the client. The solution is to download a fresh ROSE setup following the Download Guide and disable any firewall/antiviruses during the installation and update of the client. In rarer occasions they might mean Windows or Hardware problem.

4. Why does one of my clients disconnect when I dual client ?
It is unknown why this is happening to some people considering that your PC has enough power to handle the lag of 2 or more clients. The solution to this is, drop the resolution to 1280x1024 if you had it manually forced higher (in 16:9 ratio) and be in window mode. This should do the job.

5. Why do I disconnect or crash when i try to change character/channel ?
This is a known issue in Vista OS and a few people get it. Use the compatibility option and be in window mode. This should solve the problem most of the times but for more info look in the Technical Section.

6. Why is my game going in slow motion ?
This is a known problem mostly with Nvidia card users. Once you launch the game do not click outside the ROSE window until you reach the log in information. Once you log in and you still have slow motion minimize and maximize again.

7. Is ROSE compatible with Windows 7 and 64bit Windows editions ?
Yes 100% compatible.

8. Panda Security software and Error in Zip Stracture !
For some reason the update procedure of ROSE launcher is being blocked by Panda Security software which results in giving the "Error in Zip Structure!" message. Fully uninstall the game and then reinstall while having the Panda Security software fully disabled. Once the update procedure completes too reenable the Panda software.

9. I cant find my party tab anymore or other tabs!
ROSE remembers the location of windows but when you change resolutions then the saved location of tab might be outside the range of your new resolution. To reset the positions of tabs and get back all the windows you need to delete the sevenhearts.ini located in the ROSE installation folder.

10. Norton detects ROSE as virus ?!
It has been reported that some Norton products detects ROSE as virus during installation or update process. This is a false alarm. It is highly recommended that you fully disable any Norton product while installing and updating the game because not only will prevent the game from updating but will also corrupt the client that will result into the need of reinstalling the client (FAQ 1).

11. Error at ROSE launcher ?!
ROSE launcher needs Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 and later to run properly. To check if your PC has Net Framework and which version download this utility that detects and provide download links.
You might want to try a custom launcher made by a community member that might help you overcome any launcher errors. Details can be found here.

12. Why my ROSE launcher doesn't start !?
If you are on XP then use Windows Classic theme and try again. Launcher doesn't like custom themes. If you are on Vista/7 then try running the launcher as administrator.

13. Roseonline.msi missing from temp files when trying to Uninstall/Install ?!?
Its a known problem with the self extractor that deletes the extracted setup from temp folder directly after the extract. Right click on your downloaded setup and manually extract it with winrar anywhere you want. The run the roseonline.msi

Edited by HolyEagle, 27 May 2011 - 10:04 PM.

#2 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:58 AM

There's another irritating bug. Sometimes when I log in and I want to open my Inventory window my game crashes
I tried all the combinations (Alt+I / Alt+V / right bottom button)
How is this possible?

#3 babygotbang

babygotbang

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:01 AM

why is my rose online showing blank spaces?
on the health bar,quest description,chat messages etc.
pls elp me

#4 yumz

yumz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:00 AM

all server are currently undergoing scheduled maintenace. please refer to our official website for notices regarding restoration of server access. thank you...

what is this.. what can i do .. to connect the server.. always appearing that server notice.. can you help me...

I try all this steps... still I getting this problem.. please help me..

#5 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:24 PM

with new update d/cs are everywhere cant go more then 5mins without d/cing are you guys looking into this?

#6 StefanN0

StefanN0

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:08 AM

with new update d/cs are everywhere cant go more then 5mins without d/cing are you guys looking into this?

Same here -_- every 5-10 minutes my char can't move mobs freeze and after a minute i got disconnected.Meanwhile there is no lagg or something.. PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

#7 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:12 AM

Same here -_- every 5-10 minutes my char can't move mobs freeze and after a minute i got disconnected.Meanwhile there is no lagg or something.. PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

I think you are experiencing a different problem. The post you quoted dates back to december and since then it has been fixed.

I urge you to look at your own connection.

#8 StefanN0

StefanN0

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:21 AM

My connection isn't the problem i play other mmo's like Requiem and league of legends - no problem there
btw i manualy added exception for rose online in my firewall but the problem persists
P.S you can check this thread - http://forums.warppo...r-disconnected/

Edited by StefanN0, 31 March 2011 - 02:23 AM.

#9 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:23 AM

My connection isn't the problem i play other mmo's like Requiem and league of legends - no problem there
btw i manualy added exception for rose online in my firewall but the problem persists

That I understand but no problem can be fixed if we do not know what it is what you are experiencing -_-

As far as I know you are the only one experiencing this problem, mostly that means it is client based.

#10 StefanN0

StefanN0

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:25 AM

That I understand but no problem can be fixed if we do not know what it is what you are experiencing -_-

As far as I know you are the only one experiencing this problem, mostly that means it is client based.

Not really http://forums.warppo...r-disconnected/

#11 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:27 AM

The last 4 posts date from a few days back, the other ones from over a month ago.

#12 StefanN0

StefanN0

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:31 AM

OK -_- so I'll just quit -_-

#13 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:53 AM

OK -_- so I'll just quit -_-

I think you misunderstood me... What are you experiencing exactly? Have you seen any other people ingame which have the same problem? Did reinstalling your game work etc?

#14 StefanN0

StefanN0

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:28 AM

So.. i launch the game log with my acc choose my char and start playing.EVERYTHING is perfect i go kill some bouncing jelly stuff and go back to quest givers, no lag, no problems, and suddenly my character freeze in place,can't move him nor use skills, i can move the camera and use interface - alt+c , alt+i.I noticed that mobs stay in place too - not moving around ,the bouncing jelly thing still bouncing tho. :)about 20-40 seconds later i get Server Disconnected Message -_- This hapens every time 5-10 minutes after i log in -_-

#15 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:34 AM

weird i almost never have lag except in junon when i run towards storage or just log in *at least that i notice* on leo server i did have a slight delay in zant but that was about it. all i can offer is if you play with more then rose open maybe close some of the other things or restart your computer to maybe refresh memory or something or maybe your stuffs not up to date try looking for updates on stuff!*just pulling crap out of my head there but it might work!*

#16 HolyEagle

HolyEagle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationDrinkLand

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:12 AM

Uhm... the structure of my guides at some points have been messed up from the forum downtime maintenance. I ll have them fixed once I can...

#17 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

There are some other issues as well, but I would have to gather them up and make a list for you. Some haven't really been noticed.

Good job, either way. Hope you keep this maintained.

#18 fileschild

fileschild

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:47 AM

I don't know if its a bug or not but my screen is spinning in circles! It's very irritating..

#19 HolyEagle

HolyEagle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationDrinkLand

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:58 AM

I don't know if its a bug or not but my screen is spinning in circles! It's very irritating..

No, its something at your end.

#20 Miravelle

Miravelle

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:53 PM

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone else's launcher is freezing at the white Gravity Corporation screen. I hear the intro music starting but it never loads anything past the white screen with the logo. I'm running Windows 7 and I've done all of the recommended changes listed in the original post; I've downloaded the GenPatch as well but to no avail.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try? Thanks so much!

#21 Fusion19899

Fusion19899

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:19 PM

People that use the Bigfoot Killer network cards.. The LSP Driver that is supplied can break the connection to the ROSE servers.

#22 Edwardrich01

Edwardrich01

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLos angeles
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:02 AM

thanks for the post...

#23 NaYrB

NaYrB

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Bryan>tracert www.roseonlinegame.com

Tracing route to web.rose.warpportal.net [128.241.93.12]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.254.254
3 58 ms 57 ms 58 ms 124.6.165.1
4 58 ms 57 ms 57 ms 222.127.228.57
5 58 ms 58 ms 58 ms 120.28.0.201
6 75 ms 71 ms 74 ms 120.28.0.157
7 129 ms 121 ms 125 ms 120.28.0.122
8 119 ms 118 ms 156 ms ix-8-3-2-0.tcore2.SVW-Singapore.as6453.net [180.
87.15.9]
9 261 ms 261 ms 262 ms if-7-2.tcore2.LVW-LosAngeles.as6453.net [180.87.
15.26]
10 260 ms 260 ms 260 ms 216.6.84.66
11 266 ms 288 ms 263 ms ae-5.r21.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.8
5]
12 262 ms 263 ms 262 ms po-2.r00.lsanca19.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.4
2]
13 260 ms 260 ms 261 ms xe-6-4.r00.lsanca19.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [204.1.253
.102]
14 264 ms 263 ms 263 ms portal.demarcation.gravityus.com [204.2.170.50]

15 261 ms 261 ms 261 ms www.freestyle.warpportal.com [128.241.93.12]

Trace complete.

Can someone please help me with these? i keep on being disconnected while playing. Thanks..

#24 STEVEFOX

STEVEFOX

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

i need help all i can see in login screen is sky even in game thats why im using arrow keys :P cant enjoy thanks giving event

#25 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

i need help all i can see in login screen is sky even in game thats why im using arrow keys <_< cant enjoy thanks giving event

so your only seeing the sky in the game? have you tried moving the screen with hte right click and drag on the mouse or whatever you use?

have you ran as admin, xp sp2 or 3?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users