Just don't get it..... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Just don't get it.....

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Brunzattack

Brunzattack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

There has to be something I'm missing.  I just came back to RO after like 5 years, and have gotten a swordie and hunter both to lv 70ish, but it's slowing down.  I get hit hard and pretty frequently, even tho I have a decent amount of AGI (60-70).   From the newbie training grounds, to mid-leveling, to where I am now, it seems EVERYONE hits fast, has HIGH flee and NEVER gets hit, and has HIGH damage, and spamming skills like crazy.  It's like everyone is running around with 90/90/90/90 stats or something.  Are these all these just characters that have been decked out by a wealthy alt, with tons of stats and MVP cards or something?

#2 DamiaN468

DamiaN468

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

RO went under a heavy change called Renewal years ago. Almost all mechanics have changed since then.

Check irowiki.org for information about stats, skills and formulas.

When you are ready to start over, you can get a free skill reset with the Mesmerist in Izlude.

#3 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

This is why Classic is better.

#4 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

RIP Agi Builds.

T_T

#5 Eunbay

Eunbay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationIn Neverland

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

Rofl

#6 Brunzattack

Brunzattack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

Thx for the info, but no one has actually given me any specifics regarding what I'm seeing.  I've checked the wiki and the stats, but I still don't see how you can have tons of lv 10, 30, 50, 70 guys running around doing heavy damage, fast attack speed, 95% flee, high damage mitigation/defense, and some of them are also popping crits like 100% of the time.  (Isn't it .3% for every ONE luck?  So 90 luck would only be 30% crit?)

#7 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

Your first mistake was trying to make sense out of renewal mechanics.

#8 Valkayre

Valkayre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNew World, S Texas District
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin Ch.15 ~ Alberta

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:19 AM

I loved the concept of the ancient/classic kRO at its moment but I never liked that much the Renewal System, to be honest.

When the Classic grand opening on last year, I was expecting to play something like a RO updated until Ep. 8~9.

During those Ep's updates, that was the time when kRO was in its prime because of the game mechanics, char skills and original WoE. That was the time when you had to grid and get into each character of the game, the time when encountering with a 2-1, 2-2 job was like encountering a semi God.

Imo, I would like to see this game without the 2-1, 2-2 classes in a fully-updated episode RO server. That would be so challenging and interesting, just imagine grinding weapons, quests, maps and chars roles.

Edited by Valkayre, 24 December 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#9 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:22 AM

You answered your own question: they're alts of rich people. A lot of people start off with buying money, both KP or WPE converted into zenny.

#10 DamiaN468

DamiaN468

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

Thx for the info, but no one has actually given me any specifics regarding what I'm seeing.  I've checked the wiki and the stats, but I still don't see how you can have tons of lv 10, 30, 50, 70 guys running around doing heavy damage, fast attack speed, 95% flee, high damage mitigation/defense, and some of them are also popping crits like 100% of the time.  (Isn't it .3% for every ONE luck?  So 90 luck would only be 30% crit?)

There are many new items which make you do that. Most of them are p2w though.

#11 waka

waka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:05 AM

yeah...example of KP item :  the RWC weapon + RWC accessory set do boost the damage of lower level characters quite a bit.

Edited by waka, 24 December 2013 - 05:06 AM.

#12 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

Renewal is the server with the oldest chars, items, and zeny. There's a LOT of it floating around on characters, enough to where it's thrown around as though it's nothing. Most, if not all, the lower level chars you see are simply alts of older players with cash to throw around (real or in-game).

Basically, throw everything you know about Ragnarok Online out the window. On Renewal you need to completely relearn the game and it's mechanics. Nothing you knew from five years ago is true anymore. Renewal is simply NOT the RO you remember.

#13 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:20 AM

If for example some players are like me, I have a lot of transferable equipment from one character to the next (makes sense and saves money) however, there are other factors to consider with this these days.

We have Eden Group Buffs (Primo d'Buffer) for VIP which gives +10 to all stats (If I remember correctly)

You can buy yourself Blessing and Agility scrolls from the Kafra shop.

a LOT of cards for low level characters are very cheap these days as are weapons. So by using a sword with 4 slots in it, can have lots of different variations of modifiers and ASPD stuff.

Enriched Celermine Juice gives more ASPD.

RWC Enchanted rings/pendants can have ASPD enchantments. (I think?)

There's just so many items or cards and equipments in game now that you can get high damage dealing fast attacking first class characters!.

Unfortunately I don't know the specifics as I don't have any sword class characters! I generally play Spell/Support type

#14 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

Crickets

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

RWC Enchanted rings/pendants can have ASPD enchantments. (I think?)

Nope.

Fallen Angel Wings can have massive aspd though. Mine does.

#16 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

all the "people" u see are bots that got themselves to lvl 90+ killing porings

#17 2484131111182636897

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

Might be swordman high also. They have more stats, hp and SP. They are supposed to be a different color...but with the dye quest giving multiple options, i know i couldn't tell who's rebirthed or not.

The Reno guy on the second floor of Eden. At lvl 60 (i think) you can start getting a buff. I though you had to buy crystal to get it, but no it's better. You get the buff for free, and after 3 hours of using it (in-game), you get free crystals! Then you have a 23h cooldown before getting it again.

#18 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

Crickets

followed by a thunder of laughter.

#19 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

If you post your server, gears and stats you might be able to get some suggestions on how to help your characters do better with a low budget.  Just saying you have a swordsman and hunter doesn't tell us much.  For all we know you can be trying to kill with carded composite bows when they are less than ideal now (assuming you play renewal). 

Edited by NoxiousOrchid, 24 December 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#20 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

all the "people" u see are bots that got themselves to lvl 90+ killing porings

That is a really useless statement and was very unnecessary. If you have no useful input, try not posting. constructive criticism is welcomed everywhere, comments like that, are not.

#21 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

That is a really useless statement and was very unnecessary. If you have no useful input, try not posting. constructive criticism is welcomed everywhere, comments like that, are not.

all im telling him is that he is perfectly fine. those bots on the map are at least 20-30 lvl above the monster and they dont belong there.

get urself on classic's spore map, where those strawberry farmers are doing 1k bash to spore, never need rest, never get hit, hit hard and hit really fast.

Edited by thatfool, 24 December 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#22 Xealix

Xealix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

Crickets

Why because this community is a sea of casuals? You renewal zombies can stay there for all I care. I wreck enough people in WoE.

#23 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

Why because this community is a sea of casuals? You renewal zombies can stay there for all I care. I wreck enough people in WoE.

That's cool, i'd be really good if I played the same game for 10 years too. Never have to worry about new challenges or anything

#24 Eunbay

Eunbay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationIn Neverland

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

If you post your server, gears and stats you might be able to get some suggestions on how to help your characters do better with a low budget.  Just saying you have a swordsman and hunter doesn't tell us much.  For all we know you can be trying to kill with carded composite bows when they are less than ideal now (assuming you play renewal). 

No more swordies with composite bows?

Dang what did you do renewal?

#25 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

No more swordies with composite bows?

Dang what did you do renewal?

Was refering to his hunter.  Pay more attention please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users