#76 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

Critical Attacks. it states post renewal a critical attack does 1.5 normal damage
prerenewal critical attacks pierced defence and dealt max damage

perfect example of fixing whats not broken to break it

example my ranger which is a crit build does about 100-200 crit damage in the pvp room on the average joe.. i fight a hardcore player my range crits drop to about 50-100. its a fkn joke

clashing spiral as a skill is the only way to pierce a players defensive gear..... WHY
Ice pick doesnt pierce defence it adds damage for the more defensive the player has

WHY DID CRIT DAMAGE GET CHANGED TO NO PIERCING DAMAGE, real world an archer arrows piercing chainmail platemail even bones... 1 arrow could kill a person days later depending where it hit them ...

#77 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

Flee mechanics also need to be adjusted big-time. Basically, when renewal hit, we're talking about 51 more levels to add to both hit/flee, 20 more possible stats to add to dex/agi/luk, and and 175 added to hit and 100 added to flee due to the new formula, where your hit chance is simply your hit - the targets flee. The problem is, when we are dealing with the -20% flee penalty in WoE environments, even if nothing else changes except for the server going to renewal, that means flee chars are already down 20% more chance to dodge.

Then we throw the increased levels and stat caps into the mix, that is about 16-18 more of a handicap. The way things worked before, I suppose if you really really tried to build your char for it, you could dodge quite a few deadly attacks (especially if we assume your VIT also went on the backburner). But now it's especially harder, and with all the crazy one-shot abilities people have, it would be NICE to have a chance at avoiding them.

And seriously, even if we completely removed the flee penalties and made the flee chars "like gods", that wouldn't be the case at all due to the plethora of skills and abilities which ignore flee, as well as statuses that prevent you from dodging. Then there's also the high dex chars that'll eat you for breakfast as well.

#78 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

Up Barricade + Stone HP. It's not hard for someone to solo them with the number of high damage AoE skills anymore.

#79 burnout

burnout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

at first i posted about reflect damage being silly, but really the whole damn game is broken. before renewal, there were ways to get rattled, and a way to counter every single thing. (aside from GTBGRdblmegtaosacaspdhack LKs, but that was cheating anyway and never should've taken place)

yeah, renewal war's a complete mess. absolutely terrible, does not compare to how the game was before at all. what's the point in an update that made the game worse? damn what a waste.

Edited by burnout, 30 January 2011 - 08:29 AM.

#80 AnimeHeart

AnimeHeart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

yep :Emo_12:

Edited by AnimeHeart, 25 March 2011 - 07:31 AM.

#81 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

Make it impossible to reflect damage on the barricades lol.

#82 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

While I'm still WoEing, I have to admit that the balance flew out the window with Renewal. It's really become silly how pneuma is the best defence as ME does not block anything substantial and except defence (its actually better for for offensive disabling... isn't that ironic... kind of like how kRO messed up on Mind Breaker as a debuff that is really more of a buff). Anyone watching USRC saw the balance of classes prior to renewal and how a group functioned together. I think the next USRC is going to prove that it's been completely removed.

Right now we really need kRO to come to their senses. Leveling generally has to have a point for most players (it's not enjoyable in itself). WoE has long stood as the most prominent motivator for leveling. However there is a general distaste among people over WoE. The reasons are plentiful. Level imbalance from a huge HP difference to lack of status resistance (If you are under 10 lvls from a Wanderer, you are going to be perma stunned if she finds strings; even with 100 vit). Massive, unavoidable damage (there are many skills without any reasonable counter that easily one shot or have DPS well beyond reasonable recovery). Skills that can disable any skill user in a room for 30 seconds... rendering an entire defence useless). The list goes on and on.

No amount of new content and weapons are going to fix renewal. kRO has to go back and fix what they've messed up.

#83 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

It's mostly okay, once you're high level. Which most people have managed to do by now. The people complaining are mostly low level whether by choice or by being a class that's impossible to level.

#84 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:46 AM

While I'm still WoEing, I have to admit that the balance flew out the window with Renewal. It's really become silly how pneuma is the best defence as ME does not block anything substantial and except defence (its actually better for for offensive disabling... isn't that ironic... kind of like how kRO messed up on Mind Breaker as a debuff that is really more of a buff). Anyone watching USRC saw the balance of classes prior to renewal and how a group functioned together. I think the next USRC is going to prove that it's been completely removed.

Right now we really need kRO to come to their senses. Leveling generally has to have a point for most players (it's not enjoyable in itself). WoE has long stood as the most prominent motivator for leveling. However there is a general distaste among people over WoE. The reasons are plentiful. Level imbalance from a huge HP difference to lack of status resistance (If you are under 10 lvls from a Wanderer, you are going to be perma stunned if she finds strings; even with 100 vit). Massive, unavoidable damage (there are many skills without any reasonable counter that easily one shot or have DPS well beyond reasonable recovery). Skills that can disable any skill user in a room for 30 seconds... rendering an entire defence useless). The list goes on and on.

No amount of new content and weapons are going to fix renewal. kRO has to go back and fix what they've messed up.

Yeah. I`m agree. Gravity needed to do one more balancing run to fix most imbalances.

#85 Sithy

Sithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:30 PM

One thing that needs to be fixed is how def affects the HP of barriers and emps. I mean right now with 100 def in a castle there is no way you can break that emp unless in the first 5 mins you break thru all the forces of that case and hit the emp for the whole woe. I mean the fact that it has plant def is dumb as hell, i always like the idea that if one person stuck in you lost your castle. i mean at this point does anyone know how much a 100 def castle as for HP? Coz it seems to be a crazy amount, and if what i hear about the the emp auto healing after not being attacked for 30 sec is true OP.

#86 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:40 PM

You can still deep sleep the emp, It'd heal to full in 50 seconds from 1 hp if the enemy could deepsleep it repeatedly without you hitting it -_^

EDIT: Can we also get woe reduction back to 40% instead of 50%? rofl

Edited by Viri, 04 May 2011 - 01:50 AM.

#87 Sithy

Sithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:44 AM

I think woe reduction at 50 isn't too bad i think that the skills them self's need to be balanced not more reductions i mean the skills for third class are not pottable. When you woed before renewall it was pottable for most if not all skills now you got a few skills that are 1 hit KO without cast time lol.

#88 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:52 AM

If by some kind of miracle the GMs are still reading this guardians stones need a bit of improvement, they go down in a single gfist not even god-like gears which makes defending stones kinda pointless. You may have to give them plant type defense and less HP than emperiums or a ridiculous ammount of HP if you want people to attack them with skills that deal xxxk damage.

#89 Ikaeru

Ikaeru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

I apologize if this post pops up in several places, but as a long time thief-class player, it is an issue I am quite familiar with that negatively affects all of the classes with any stealth capabilities.

Currently, PvP and WoE are, due to the nature of third-classes, very heavily skill-oriented. It's very rare to see an effective player using only regular melee attacks. However, the problem comes when a player opts to begin using a variety of stealth skill, be it hide, stalk, or cloak. Because skill-names still show above a stealthed player's head, the point of cloaking or stalking is rendered pointless. Everyone can see exactly where you are just as if they had a maya-purple card. With flee-based characters like assassins and rogues having their flee substantially nerfed in WoE, stealth is one of their only saving graces... but because WoE is so heavily skill-focused, they don't actually get to stealth at all.

Hence: I propose the following modification:

The stealth skills like Hide, Cloak, and Stalk also remove skill-names from above the user so that that user is ACTUALLY stealthed instead of invisible with a giant box above their head for the next five seconds saying that they just used backstab.

#90 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

nerf howling,stasis - need either super long cool downs (like recall) are reduced effects or a possible headgear card immune/stat recov

manhole,white impris,tornado need change so chaining isnt possible

make magnetic earth work on every aoe magic skill
make reductions work on skills/elental reduction (eg. dragon breath) (formula would prolly have to be altered to re-balance)

current stage of woe is a big cluster-_- due to to many classes having filling every roll and no way to organize effectively like pre renewal

#91 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

The stealth skills like Hide, Cloak, and Stalk also remove skill-names from above the user so that that user is ACTUALLY stealthed instead of invisible with a giant box above their head for the next five seconds saying that they just used backstab.

this is a good idea, i think it would fit better ass a passive for gx

or even a third job platnium skill if there are ever any

Edited by fasthands, 06 June 2011 - 10:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users