92 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

What is bugged, or undesirable about the Sorcerer?

What skills are fine, need tweaking?

#2 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

Soul Exhale needs to be changed back to how it was pre-renewal, or perhaps give something like 75% of the sp Sorc/Scholar has. 50% is very small :x, i feel with this change the power of G FIST spamming was trying to be limited.

#3 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

Killing Cloud (which should really be renamed to Cloud Kill since it's a D&D reference) is currently being reflected by all means of physical reflect (for example, Valk Mant). This is obviously a bug since it's a spell.

#4 Wosungree

Wosungree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:15 PM

Summons (especially level 3 summons) should be given an HP boost to increase their survivability.

Spell Fist is close to being a alternative version of Hindsight with many more drawbacks.

Currently, Spell Fist cancels the casting of an elemental bolt (lightning, cold, and fire) to convert the canceled bolt's damage into melee damage. While this is nice and all, it's way too limited to see real use.

Instead, Spell Fist should be changed to incorporate all of the Sorcerer's damage dealing spells; that is, it should be able to cancel the casting of all damage dealing spells and convert the canceled spells' damage (with a penalty) into melee damage.

Alternatively, Spell Fist can be changed from a cast-canceling spell to a spell-breaking spell that converts the damage or effect of a broken spell into a melee attack for the Sorcerer.

Edited by Wosungree, 01 November 2010 - 08:26 PM.

#5 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:49 AM

Please Fix Mind Breaker at what it was Pre-Renewal and to what it is right now on kRO... meaning to affect the whole Matk instead of just weapon Matk

#6 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:02 AM

Soul Exhale:
As stated above, please revert it the way it used to be. The change is unnecessary and yields to make Soul Exhale-ing skill useless; specially in leveling/MvP/WoE parties. No one wants to party a scholar class anymore due to such change from what I seen. Everyone before would love to have a scholar in their parties for Soul Exhale purposes as a supporter position, but that's not the case anymore.

#7 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:15 AM

What Soul Exhale currently does it it the Scholar gives half of his current SP to the target, and receives half of his target's current SP. I think that this is still balanced since the emphasis is now put on the Scholar pushing his maxSP rather than simply matching his target's maxSP. One good thing about the new Soul Exhale is they removed aftercast delay on it. If they lowered the casting time by 1~2 seconds, then I'd be perfectly fine with how the skill works.

#8 TGNeku

TGNeku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • LocationUnder the fireworks

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:46 AM

Killing Cloud (which should really be renamed to Cloud Kill since it's a D&D reference) is currently being reflected by all means of physical reflect (for example, Valk Mant). This is obviously a bug since it's a spell.

Not sure about the valk mant... that's a bit wierd, but reflecting mechanics have changed. I know that ranged attacks can now be reflected if you get close enough to the attacker, where pre-renewal they could not. The RG skill reflect damage also reflects physical and magic damage.

#9 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

Yeah...fix the reflecting on cloud kill, my favorite skill to use but backfires on me terribly lol

#10 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:13 AM

Please make an NPC that sells elemental stones (red bloods, crystal blues, green lives, wind of vendure). Currently the terribly low drop rates to attain most of these made worse by virtually all Sorcerers suffering an item hunting penalty for being too high of level. While this dependency on low level item drops is clearly meant to encourage a player economy between lower level players and higher level players; it doesn't work. Since we have a low influx of new players, it just means most Sorcerers are confined to rarely/never using their summons. Summons that die extremely easily. If say, we could just summon them more often this wouldn't be such a hindrance.

A simple solution is to implement an npc (or add this to a current npc) that sells the stones at say...15,000 each would easily remedy this issue. Players could still undersell the npc at a higher rate then what stones previously went for (5,000z), and Sorcerers can still use summons on a regular basis.

Edited by Rumm, 03 November 2010 - 05:14 AM.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:04 AM

Please make an NPC that sells elemental stones (red bloods, crystal blues, green lives, wind of vendure). Currently the terribly low drop rates to attain most of these made worse by virtually all Sorcerers suffering an item hunting penalty for being too high of level. While this dependency on low level item drops is clearly meant to encourage a player economy between lower level players and higher level players; it doesn't work. Since we have a low influx of new players, it just means most Sorcerers are confined to rarely/never using their summons. Summons that die extremely easily. If say, we could just summon them more often this wouldn't be such a hindrance.

A simple solution is to implement an npc (or add this to a current npc) that sells the stones at say...15,000 each would easily remedy this issue. Players could still undersell the npc at a higher rate then what stones previously went for (5,000z), and Sorcerers can still use summons on a regular basis.

I'd love to look into whether this is as much of a problem as you think, based on use of mystic frozens (and the other big stones), but I can't look up what drops them and see what their level range is in renewal, because there's no renewal database that supports item search anymore, so i cant.

I don't think summons were meant to be spammed with reckless abandon, plus, endows were nerfed significantly, and are no longer as important in renewal, so there should be less use of elemental stones for endows now.

The price on the market also seems to have changed relatively little, yet availability has fallen drastically, for obvious reasons - to rephrase, the market is not operating efficiently, due to a price which is far below that which is appropriate for current supply and demand, resulting in a few people getting the items at a fraction of their true worth, and everyone else not able to obtain them at any price. This will sort itself out over time, though, one hopes.

Edited by DrAzzy, 03 November 2010 - 09:09 AM.

#12 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

Soul Exhale:
As stated above, please revert it the way it used to be. The change is unnecessary and yields to make Soul Exhale-ing skill useless; specially in leveling/MvP/WoE parties. No one wants to party a scholar class anymore due to such change from what I seen. Everyone before would love to have a scholar in their parties for Soul Exhale purposes as a supporter position, but that's not the case anymore.

I agree with this, Needing 6k sp to sp someone with 3k sp is rediculous leave its fixed cast time alone but give back the old soul exhale

Edited by Puppet, 03 November 2010 - 01:21 PM.

#13 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

The element stone thing is a good idea - if not NPCable, at least make something high level drop them, and often. Newbies flat out don't exist on iRO. Alternatively, remove the cap on mining, and greatly increase the rate of it providing element stones... that *COULD* be the major supply line for this.

The exhale and SR nerfs, on the other hand, were intended to eliminate the fact that basically every high level boss was either exhale-fist-wash-rinse-repeat, or lolSR, with any classes not involved in either of those being totally useless. While it does greatly reduce the usefulness of the skill, it really did need to be done.

#14 Sakura

Sakura

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationiRO - Ymir

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

I'm sorry, but seriously, there are SO MANY other skills that are deadly and now you guys had to add a huge cast time to indulge in WoE?! The soul exhale is one thing but with the whole added indulge, I die before I even finish casting one indulge. WoE is turning ridiculous.

#15 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:34 AM

I'm sorry, but seriously, there are SO MANY other skills that are deadly and now you guys had to add a huge cast time to indulge in WoE?! The soul exhale is one thing but with the whole added indulge, I die before I even finish casting one indulge. WoE is turning ridiculous.

^that was probably howling mandragora

Also at Azzy i dont think weak/quick to die summons should cost edp prices if that's what you are implying.

#16 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

Just found this out, when a sorc is cursed and they start casting, they can walk faster.

#17 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:42 AM

@Sakura, that was definitely due to Howling Mandragora. All skills, even instant cast ones, get a fixed casting time penalty under its effects. Anyways, but did you notice that Soul Exhale now has no aftercast delay? In my opinion, this makes Soul Exhale more awesome (in terms of casting time) compared to our old one.

@Theoretical, it has always been that way for as far back as I could remember (Possibly ever since Sages were introduced). Going off on a tangent here, getting Cursed in Mental Strenght makes you walk faster.

#18 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:45 AM

spell fist should go back to how it was on ygg test server, that is, same element OHKO

#19 nettokun

nettokun

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:50 AM

Killing Cloud: Make the skill use 1 or no gemstones, instead of the current 2 gemstones per cast. The gemstone requirement is also not mentioned in the in-game description.

#20 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:55 AM

If anything, Spell Fist's execution should be looked at. Right now, it's so very awkward to begin casting a Bolt, then "cancel" it, then smack a target. Might I suggest that instead, turn Spell Fist into a self targeted skill (like how Martyr's Reckoning works), and when pressed, it opens up a menu of the 3 available bolts (like how Hindsight works). What I would like for this skill, is to have the same flexibility as Martyr's Reckoning in terms of when and how easy you can activate it.

#21 Wosungree

Wosungree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:57 AM

If anything, Spell Fist's execution should be looked at. Right now, it's so very awkward to begin casting a Bolt, then "cancel" it, then smack a target. Might I suggest that instead, turn Spell Fist into a self targeted skill (like how Martyr's Reckoning works), and when pressed, it opens up a menu of the 3 available bolts (like how Hindsight works). What I would like for this skill, is to have the same flexibility as Martyr's Reckoning in terms of when and how easy you can activate it.

This. I can't cancel my firebolt/coldbolt with Spell Fist if the casting time is ~.7 seconds.

#22 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

Soul Exhale its fine right now, no need change it back but we have problems about sorcerers in pvp, becouse we are pretty much nothing, we are slow and weak, the racials keep reducing matk and that cant be on a renewal server, thats why this cards where made:Shield Cards
Monster Effect Prefix/Postfix
Tatacho Decreases damage from Earth Element by 20%. Increases damage dealing to Earth element monsters by 5%. -/of Basis
Draco Decreases damage from Fire Element by 20%.Increases damage dealing to Fire element monsters by 5%. -/of Saharic
Aqua Elemental Decreases damage from Water Element by 20%.Increases damage dealing to Water element monsters by 5%. -/of Underneith
Luciola Vespa Decreases damage from Wind Element by 20%. Increases damage dealing to Wind element monsters by 5%. -/of Windy
Centipede Decreases damage from Poison Element by 20%. Increases damage dealing to Poison element monsters by 5%.-/of Envenom
Cornus Decreases damage from Holy Element by 20%. Increases damage dealing to Holy element monsters by 5%. -/of Damned
Dark Shadow Decreases damage from Shadow Element by 20%. Increases damage dealing to Shadow element monsters by 5%.-/of Hallowed

Making then usless if thara card keep reducing matk damage. I hope the new episode "el dicastes" will fix this racial reduction.

Also this was the worst update of all in the home page of ragnarok, becouse the skill info is "this information is not avaible" check it http://www.playragna...skill.aspx?c=46

So how i can know that skills like the endows affects some thirdclasses skills? like earth grave that needs endow earth, also the description cloud kill its not complete, it dont says that consume gems or not, but it does.
I will stop playing ragnarok until ragnarok fix the SUPER overpowered shadow chasers and Clashing spiral(NO Rune Knight, just clashing spiral)

Edited by Mefistofeles, 10 November 2010 - 01:16 PM.

#23 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

Racials (and reduction gears in general) were meant to work against Magic attacks. Also, those new shield cards were never meant to be PvP shields. Those reduce damage coming from [element] property monsters in the same way we have [race] reduction shields. For example, if I were to wear a Pasana armor, I would be considered fire property and thus all my attacks will be reduced by Draco shield. Even my Diamond Dust will be reduced by Draco shield because I'm fire property.

#24 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:18 PM

So Gravity just reduced matk?
as i know in kRO the racials (race reducts) was supussed to dont work on matk, thats why they changed the formula anyways sorcerers and Warlocks are extremely weak...

#25 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

I don't know where you got that from. On kRO right now, Reductions are all working as intended (the same way they worked preRenewal) with the few exception of things like Dragon Breath. It used to be where if a skill did 1000% damage, a 30% reduction would reduce it to 970% damage which is probably where you got your idea of racials not working. But that has long been changed so that it gets reduced to 700% damage properly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users