#26 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

I am very curious about our ASPD Formula. Yes we are using the new kRO Sakray ASPD formula BUT we are using the old ASPD mod with 1 less absolute value (-10 becose -9 and +6 become +5) instead of the new aspd mods from that server. If you think Rangers ASPD mod makes no sense, you should look at the RK one! -9 ASPD for a 2 handed Sword and +5 ASPD for a Mace!?!?!?!?!? This ASPD mod is reduced by your AGI so you might see different numbers when you try it out. but you will still see a Huge difference when going from 2h sword to mace on RK's.

I wish Doddler or someone could make an ASPD thread. <.<

#27 Midas

Midas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

Arrow Repel should absolutely not have a fixed cast time. I agree that FAS should also not have such a horrible cast time as to make it completely inefficient, but I have even stronger resentment for a cast time on Repel.

The entire purpose of Repel is to knock monsters away to protect yourself and your party, and often to get them into traps. It is a defensive skill used in tight spots where you must act quickly to control monsters. I can't tell you how many times it saved me in Bio 3, leveling there as a sniper. And now, it is completely useless. Such a skill is pointless if it takes 1.5 seconds to cast, or really even .5 seconds.

Arrow Repel, more than any other skill I can think of, must have no fixed cast time.

#28 Seraphiel

Seraphiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:22 AM

Arrow Repel should absolutely not have a fixed cast time. I agree that FAS should also not have such a horrible cast time as to make it completely inefficient, but I have even stronger resentment for a cast time on Repel.

The entire purpose of Repel is to knock monsters away to protect yourself and your party, and often to get them into traps. It is a defensive skill used in tight spots where you must act quickly to control monsters. I can't tell you how many times it saved me in Bio 3, leveling there as a sniper. And now, it is completely useless. Such a skill is pointless if it takes 1.5 seconds to cast, or really even .5 seconds.

Arrow Repel, more than any other skill I can think of, must have no fixed cast time.

I agree. I don't know why Gravity gave this kind of casting time to a skill like Arrow Repel/Charge Arrow. You can even remove its damage totally, I wouldn't mind, but make it instant cast so it is actually useful for pushing monsters away.

#29 Haldor

Haldor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:17 AM

What's the range of cluster bomb? It seems kinda small considering its a bomb..exploding

#30 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

Warg bite prevents use of the hide skill. Don't know if that's intended or not but would like to see it changed.

Also, would like to see some skill names/animations attached to the traps.

#31 Kokotewa

Kokotewa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

Warg bite prevents use of the hide skill. Don't know if that's intended or not but would like to see it changed.

Also, would like to see some skill names/animations attached to the traps.

It is intended, it should not be changed.

#32 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:45 AM

Aimed Bolt, Repel Arrow and Arrow Storm have long cast times, all 3 of these skills are basicly a boosted double straft so they should be instant cast

Traps... been able to place trapes under players kinda kills the idea of a TRAP. really for a skill to be placed under a player it should have a cast time.
lose the under player traps and make them like hunter traps or get some cast delays so they can be avoided

warg strike... cards such as skelly archer dont seem to increase warg strike. could someone post the warg strike formula for me please :D

Flacon and Warg, id like to hope we could have both pets and could auto strike with both by adding a lil luk but i doubt that would happen. my problem is in woe warg is limited to walking meaning hitting precast over water is out of the question... i would love to be able to use warg mastery and falcon mastery to summon my falcon aswell as my warg.
In woe situation sometimes its better to have the falcon and sometimes better to use warg for example defending on a wall in a woe1 castle... a warg wouldnt be much help

just a note, that skill that adds a 10% chance to do 1-4 extra hits... just wondering dont rune knights get a rune that makes their damage 300% more with +30str

Range... okay i like the repeating crossbow, 19 cell range is fkn wicked, pvp u get noobs running away and u just sit there and fire arrows at the sky and when u stop u know u have the ko
my problem is with the sight range of 14cell can we rangers have our range back

by cell range i mean as you walk along, once an object, npc or player comes within 14cells they appear on your screen, anything 15cells + are not seen on your screen, now with all these new skills its made the playing field rather small... worse when u add aoe skills from warlocks and rks dragon breath into the mix with ranges of 19x19 and 15x15. im suggesting pushing the cell range to 20-25 cells allowing rangers more freedom with their ranged atks and allowing us to use our massive range of 19+cells

also another note, woe lags the worst when rushes happen, when 20+ chars all need to be loaded on your screen at the same time, if all these char where already loaded it would reduce the lag, maybe not the common lag but would reduce the spike lag which kills most people

Edited by IronFist, 26 November 2010 - 04:58 AM.

#33 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:39 PM

seriously why is only is the ranger traps can be place directly under people, Change it so it just like all the original hunter traps, cause traps are op enough without being able to place them directly under people and barricades

Edited by Puppet, 11 December 2010 - 06:39 PM.

#34 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Sera is OP

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

seriously why is only is the ranger traps can be place directly under people, Change it so it just like all the original hunter traps, cause traps are op enough without being able to place them directly under people and barricades

yea nerf the ranger class even more :rolleyes:
Thats like the only thing we ranger have left to use. Stop complaining.

#35 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

You want a bug/issue? How about the fact that FIRE TRAP is a trap, but it can be placed directly under players and monsters? Any other trap from 2nd class and so on (even fire pillar) cannot be placed directly under players, monsters, or even other traps.

#36 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:16 PM

Are u guys forgetting that these are not ordinary 2nd class(hunter)traps. These are strictly 3rd class skills. It is not a bug as this was intended on kRO. They have even given clusterbomb the same ability to be place under people/monsters not too long ago. I am still waiting for this "Ranger patch" i hear everyone talking about to take place in iRO already.

#37 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

Are u guys forgetting that these are not ordinary 2nd class(hunter)traps. These are strictly 3rd class skills. It is not a bug as this was intended on kRO. They have even given clusterbomb the same ability to be place under people/monsters not too long ago. I am still waiting for this "Ranger patch" i hear everyone talking about to take place in iRO already.

A trap is something you actual can get traped in and can try and avoid, This you can not in anyway they just drop directly under you and and under freaking Barracdes.

Edited by Puppet, 11 December 2010 - 07:40 PM.

#38 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

And Rangers are suppose to have the best damaging "Range" skills/attacks. Yet we dont. Ro doesnt make sense.

#39 MrMajestic

MrMajestic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:17 PM

in comparison to other classes this class is well balanced and right up there along the lines with the rest of them.

#40 Pravin

Pravin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

And Rangers are suppose to have the best damaging "Range" skills/attacks. Yet we dont. Ro doesnt make sense.

Yeah, they took the "range" away from rangers. RK's have 32k almost insta cast Clashing spirals. And behold, we have... "Aimed bolt" which needs the target to be trapped first, even after that, it gives crappy damage, and has a 3 second cast time.

If they hate hunter/ranger class so much, why even bother to have it in the game.

#41 Limitless

Limitless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:31 AM

I've heard that there are no overupgrade bonuses for bows, and the same for kRO. Why?

Also, the glorious bow sucks quite a bit. +8 Orc Archer Bow = More damage than my + 9 glorious bow. Waste of KP.

Since you asked what is undesireable, i guess i'd say mainly the overupgrade bonus. I crit for 200 a hit on someone with full reducts on with elemental arrows, that's with decent equipment and stats. Hard to imagine buffing the bows a little would make them overpowered.

#42 RjMazz826

RjMazz826

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

some of the things that im concerned with that i hope any gms can work on would be the drastic damage reduction of aimed bolt and arrow storm. both of the skills are useless with damage. i have very powerful over upgraded bows (which right now i dont think are getting the extra atk btw) and the damage has drasically changed from when renewal just started. idk what was changed on the skills but they used to be very effective and now there doing as much or less then ds. the fact that arrow shower is doing more than arrow storm is ridiculous it makes the skill worthless. and it also has a cast time versus arrow shower.

also is camo working now? last time i tried it recently the skill doesnt work at all it just cloaks you but there is no damage or crit increase and u cant atk in it or it just turns off. so idk if im using it wrong or what.

any help or response would be greatly appriciated consideirng i love bow builds and i really wanna see them shine in renewal in the future.

#43 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

Could change the name of the skill from "Fire Trap" to "Fire Mine", or even "Bomb"

That way nobody complains when you place one on their feet in front of them.

#44 Limitless

Limitless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

Or fire shackles xD

Fire grenade Lmao

#45 Frappuccino

Frappuccino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:41 PM

unnerf skid trap :<

#46 Limitless

Limitless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

Question : How do the elemental traps work?

I had the Maze trap and the components, but no matter how i did it, it didn't seem to affect my enemies in pvp.

I placed it under them, i had people walk over them, but fire arrows and claymore traps damage were both the same.

Anyone know?

#47 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

They dont affect player/boss monsters.

#48 Limitless

Limitless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

Oh i see...

#49 ValeriusM

ValeriusM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:20 AM

Would Gravity please rework the falcon damage to make it an actual option to the warg. Pretty please! :rolleyes:

Seriously, if falcon did only 75% of the damage of the warg, I'd switch back right away, even if it meant losing a fast ride.
Formula wise, one way to do so would be first to decouple the number of hits from the job level and make it depend only on learned level of Blitz Beat. If Hunter/Sniper/Ranger knows Blitz Beat 5, the falcon will make 5-part hit, period. This is necessairy to make sure that Rangers start out with a falcon of reasonable strength and not having to wait till job 41 to relearn how to use a falcon from zero. Second, falcon damage would need to scale with job level.

Consider the following:
Say we take the falcon damage of a job 50 hunter as reference, which is slightly below 1000 with little INT. Take this as 100%. As Sniper, which can reach 40% higher job level at 70, falcon damage would accordingly be 140%, or around 1400. As Ranger, job level for falcon damage wouldn't be counted from 1 up, but would be your job level when changing to third class (say sniper job 70) plus your present ranger job level. So a job 50 Ranger's internal counting would be 70+50=120, compared to a job 50 hunter's 50. So damage of this job 50 Ranger's falcon would be ~ 2400. Compared to warg with ~3300 that's like 72 percent, but would ignore def, which warg does not.

To sum it up, the falcon would deal about
Hunter 99/50 ~1000 damage
Sniper 99/70 ~1400 damage
Ranger 150/50 ~2400 damage
total damage as a 5 part multi-hit when BlitzBeat lvl 5 has been learned. Falcon Assault of 150/50 Ranger would also get stronger by the same factor and, since it's 5 times the damage of blitz beat, would reach 13,000 damage unlexed. It has a 3 second delay and can be totally blocked by pneuma, so who cares.

Now this would work sufficiently well given the current warg formulas, but warg damage in Ranger balancing updates not implemented in iRO yet has been upgraded to 5500-6000 (600% multiplier to 1000% multiplier), so when upgrading warg, falcon would need to be upgraded as well, to do around ~4000 damage Blitz Beat for 150/50 Ranger. Maybe this can be done by using base level as a factor. Base 150 would lead to a 50% higher damage than base 99, which would keep hunter/sniper falcon damage at bay but allow ranger falcon damage to scale up. 150% of 2400 would be 3600, which is a little low compared to warg's new formula, but with more INT, appropriate levels of damage could be reached, I guess. Falcon assault would approach 20,000 damage unlexed if scaled accordingly, so people might start to cry bloody murder, but with woe reductions and since pneuma still has no upper damage limit like safety wall does, this might not be an actual problem for the woe crowd. At least Falcon-Rangers would be back in the game with this. :P

To sum it up again, the falcon then would Blitz Beat/Auto Blitz with
Hunter 99/50 ~1000 damage
Sniper 99/70 ~1400 damage
Ranger 150/50 ~4000 damage
with low(ish ~20 int)

Good/Bad/Comments?

Edited by ValeriusM, 18 January 2011 - 03:03 AM.

#50 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

Will Gravity please make it impossible to put new traps under the feet of monsters and characters. The point of a "trap" is to be a trap. There is a reason Spring Trap was implemented. If a trap is to do instant damage it should require the use of 2 skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users