210 replies to this topic

#51 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:49 AM

If anyone still reads this, currently Saturday Night Fever has a failure rate. I'm really not sure what affects this and I don't mean it fails to cast on people, I mean I have to recast the skill 1-3 times depending on if it fails or not. There's no cooldown if it fails, I can just try to recast it again, but I don't know if this is intentional or if it's a bug.

#52 Echo

Echo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:45 AM

That's just... wow.

#53 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

It's intentional. Realus (from irowiki) found that it was a ~50% chance at level 5 (10/20 attempts), but no testing was done on lower levels. I've been meaning to add that to the wiki, but I haven't yet.

It probably seems more broken/dumb than it really is just because so many other chorus skills are so bad out of the box. I think once everything else is (hopefully) fixed, it won't seem so bad.

#54 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

It's actually really dumb because the range is too big at 5. I don't want to get 5 just for success rate and affect the entire screen. Oh well.

I know at level 4 I had to cast it up to 3x to get it to work once, so the success rate IS based on level.

Edited by Sapphic, 03 December 2010 - 03:53 PM.

#55 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:49 AM

I decided to do something weird since neuralizers are so cheap. I got SR and Great Echo. To my surprise, Great Echo can be cast with a bow.

I usually level with my wife (she's plays wanderer), and it was cool (though SP intensive) to gwing, watch us both cast SR (SRs do stack), and then cast a 12K burst from Great Echo, only 0.5 seconds after. It's a bit overkill, but it has potential.

#56 Echo

Echo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

Glad to know my decision to get Great Echo wasn't a total waste

#57 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

Has anyone tested the whole Hunter fly Card thing stacking with SR? ( even though using anything else then a OAB is meh) am just curious about it

#58 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

Drac card works so I'd guess that HF cards do too.

#59 Jatzu

Jatzu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:42 AM

Harmonize definitely needs to be looked at as well as Gloomy Shyness.

On the pre Maestro side of things skills like Arrow Vulcan and the like should really have there Fixed casting time removed so that there is a way for those classes to actually be able to lvl effectively.

#60 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Yep, let's nerf those skills so that all maestros can do is Strings and SNF.

#61 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

I cant seem to find the post. But it seems Heim has already submitted a list of things to look at to kRO....I hope he looks back at the forums again when he talks to them.

#62 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:46 PM

I already posted in the bug forums, but when you cast Harmonize on a monster, you can't cancel it off you with Windmill Rush. However, Echo Song works.

Also, some feedback now that I have a real handle on the class:

Saturday Night Fever:
Spoiler

Severe Rainstorm:
Spoiler

Songs not stacking together:
Spoiler

Song of Despair:
Spoiler

Siren's Voice:
Spoiler

Harmonize / Gloomy Shyness / Windmill:
Spoiler

Reverbation / Dominion Impulse / Metallic Sound :
Spoiler

Infinite Humming:
Spoiler

Deep Sleep Lullaby:
Spoiler

Dances With Wargs:
Spoiler

I think that's really all I can think of.

Edited by Sapphic, 11 December 2010 - 11:00 PM.

#63 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:25 AM

I already posted in the bug forums, but when you cast Harmonize on a monster, you can't cancel it off you with Windmill Rush. However, Echo Song works.

Interesting bug. I also found that you can give gloomy and SNF to people at the same time (perhaps gloomy isn't considered a non-stackable song?).

Songs not stacking together: This is actually fine. I understand why it was done. It would be pretty powerful if all the nice stuff stacked together while you were still allowed to cancel all the debuffs. Also, it would REALLY suck if you couldn't cancel certain skills. Plus, Harmonize is considered a buff, so it wouldn't get cancelled out if songs were allowed to stack.

I think the problem here is that there is no powerful stuff at the current time. Having chorus skills stack wouldn't make anyone over-powered. Don't get me wrong, there are certain things that shouldn't stack (just on principal), like Echo Song, Harmonize and Windmill, Sinking and Warcry, but that's about it.

Song of Despair: I love this skill. I just wish it would work on boss monsters (I mean, fiberlock and ankle snare work on them, even if it's for a shorter time, why not SoD?)

I also wish it wouldn't affect players in pvm.

Infinite Humming: I think it would be broken if this was allowed to work in WoE, but it just sucks it costs so many points.

There's really no point of this skill if it can't be used in WoE. Phen, Orleans, or Morpheus set are all far more reliable and if you can master phen switching, you won't see an increase in cast time or SP cost.

#64 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:25 PM

Interesting bug. I also found that you can give gloomy and SNF to people at the same time (perhaps gloomy isn't considered a non-stackable song?).

Yeah, Gloomy isn't really considered a song, it's more like a strange buff? It doesn't really get cancelled with anything.

I think the problem here is that there is no powerful stuff at the current time. Having chorus skills stack wouldn't make anyone over-powered. Don't get me wrong, there are certain things that shouldn't stack (just on principal), like Echo Song, Harmonize and Windmill, Sinking and Warcry, but that's about it.

The only thing I would really care about stacking is Dances with Wargs, everything else I could care less. I'm in Windmill like 99% of the time, really. What I really care about is stuff that DOESN'T stack together. I'm so glad a lot of junk can get cancelled.

I never really tested out too many chorus songs. I mean, how does the atk chorus song even work? Does it add attack differently from Windmill, like in a way that it's really powerful...? Or, is it just pointless, because you can just Windmill for a slight decrease in damage (but it's way more convenient). I dunno, but WoE wise, the only song I care about stacking would be DWW, but I mean it barely helps anyway and you should have Sacrament a lot of the time, so I don't really find anything too useful stacking together, so I'm not sure why people want it anyway?

I also wish it wouldn't affect players in pvm.

Yeah, that's for sure a bug. I forgot to mention it. Though, I don't know. I mean, you can Fiberlock people PVM... maybe it's intentional?

There's really no point of this skill if it can't be used in WoE. Phen, Orleans, or Morpheus set are all far more reliable and if you can master phen switching, you won't see an increase in cast time or SP cost.

Haha, I can find uses for it if it just didn't have so many pre-reqs, to be honest.

Oh, I forgot.
Severe Rainstorm: Jesus Christ lower the arrow cost to something reasonable, like 5. Either that, or update the stupid arrow craft table. Why are there so many options to create silver and fire arrows, but not steel? You can buy silver and fire arrows, remove that junk. What's even suckier is that with the STUPID drop penalty, it's pretty hard to hunt the arrow craft items sometimes.

Oh, I can use steel and elu to craft steel arrows? Yes, I know this. I have used like 300+ elu and literally 1k steel. Not to mention the 50 steel quivers I already had lying around. Why is it so ridiculous?

Edited by Sapphic, 12 December 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#65 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:23 AM

I never really tested out too many chorus songs. I mean, how does the atk chorus song even work? Does it add attack differently from Windmill, like in a way that it's really powerful...? Or, is it just pointless, because you can just Windmill for a slight decrease in damage (but it's way more convenient).

I works exactly like Windmill currently, which makes it a far worse skill. I'm actually hoping it's a bug and that Warcry should affect skill multipliers while Windmill should not. That would then make sense and it would make sense that these two skills should not stack.

Severe Rainstorm: Jesus Christ lower the arrow cost to something reasonable, like 5. Either that, or update the stupid arrow craft table. Why are there so many options to create silver and fire arrows, but not steel? You can buy silver and fire arrows, remove that junk. What's even suckier is that with the STUPID drop penalty, it's pretty hard to hunt the arrow craft items sometimes.

Oh, I can use steel and elu to craft steel arrows? Yes, I know this. I have used like 300+ elu and literally 1k steel. Not to mention the 50 steel quivers I already had lying around. Why is it so ridiculous?

Yeah it is ridiculous, I forgot where, but I suggested that Orc Archer Bows should drop steel arrow quivers and not just 1 steel arrow. It should be the same drop chance for every bow:
Bow[3]: Normal Arrow Quiver
Ruda Bow: Holy Arrow Quiver
Orc Archer Bow: Steel Arrow Quiver
Gust Bow: Wind Arrow Quiver
and so on and so forth.

#66 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:40 PM

I works exactly like Windmill currently, which makes it a far worse skill. I'm actually hoping it's a bug and that Warcry should affect skill multipliers while Windmill should not. That would then make sense and it would make sense that these two skills should not stack.

Hahaha, what? That's retarded. I'm guessing it's because it relies on having more than one maestro / wanderer so I guess they figured it works as long as you have like 11 m / w's in there. Wtf.

Yeah it is ridiculous, I forgot where, but I suggested that Orc Archer Bows should drop steel arrow quivers and not just 1 steel arrow. It should be the same drop chance for every bow:
Bow[3]: Normal Arrow Quiver
Ruda Bow: Holy Arrow Quiver
Orc Archer Bow: Steel Arrow Quiver
Gust Bow: Wind Arrow Quiver
and so on and so forth.

Yeah, that would pretty much fix the problem. It's so stupid.

#67 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:38 AM

Okay, I figured it out. Windmill Rush does not work if you are not in any sort of party. Echo Song however, works fine. So, if you're wondering why Windmill Rush isn't going off, just make a party.

#68 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:44 AM

I found something similar before and tried to reproduce it but I couldn't. Seems there's definitely a bug there somewhere though.

#69 Wazza

Wazza

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:12 AM

I know the posts were a little while back. But a good effecient way to get loads of Steel Arrows is to Change Material a Tsurugi into 10 Steel.

A Genetic may not be on your lineup, but hey.

#70 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Even the NPC one? Thanks for the tip!

#71 MrMajestic

MrMajestic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

If anyone still reads this, currently Saturday Night Fever has a failure rate. I'm really not sure what affects this and I don't mean it fails to cast on people, I mean I have to recast the skill 1-3 times depending on if it fails or not. There's no cooldown if it fails, I can just try to recast it again, but I don't know if this is intentional or if it's a bug.

Did you try using the skill with the john travolta weapon?

#72 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

Did you try using the skill with the john travolta weapon?

Wut?

#73 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:30 AM

LOL you can probably make a musical instrument out of a comb.

#74 MrMajestic

MrMajestic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

Wut?

saturday night fever with john travolta? i was just talking about a movie.

#75 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

My Minstrel is second favorite of all my RO characters (my Royal Guard being #1).

I wanted to cry the day i replaced Arrow Vulcan with Double strafe on my hotkeys.

Please fix this class before they become extinct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users