107 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

What is bugged, or undesirable about the Wanderer?

What skills are fine, need tweaking?

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:23 PM

Oh man, where to begin! How to address what is probably the weakest 3rd job. Hmm.

Bows bug
Weapons in renewal add MATK when you upgrade them. Wanderer which uses matk a bit, suffers from a bug. Bows don't get matk from upgrades for some reason.

Circling Nature
This is disabled outside of PVP. Its extremely weak and useless and the only thing I hoped I could use it for was to heal myself while sitting while leveling and I can't even do that. WHY is this disabled outside of PVP? Does it drain sp from players in town or something? If so that sounds like a bug that can be fixed instead of ruining this already weak skill.

Despair Song
Omg where to start on this piece of crap. Its like an ankle snare. Its obviously meant to be an ankle snare. It costs an expendable 200z item to drop and catches a single monster in 3x3 just like ankle snare. But it has a few problems:
  • Annoyingly long cast bar (SERIOUSLY?)
  • It needs a whip and the only Wanderer ATK skill that scales well with enemy HP lvl 120+ needs a BOW. This is DUMB.
  • Enemies it catches can still tele!!!! Ankle snare disables monster tele for a REASON. I can't even USE this, the monster teles.

Deep Sleep Lullaby
Disabled in PvM. Sigh. Here I was thinking wanderer could deep sleep something and either metallic sound it or AV it to level, and get some nice soloing. Nope. Disabled in PVM. Does this even work in PVP still? I tried over 10 times to sleep a lord knight in PVP and it did nothing every time. This skill is either a P.O.S. skill or completely broken (in WoE) it needs to be seriously re-thought. Single target and working in PVM might be nice :).

Reverberation
Splits its damage like blitz beat, damage scales poorly with enemy HP. You can drop 3 but they seem to be hard to walk enemies over. Again, with skills like Siren's voice and Song of Despair, you'd think I'd be ranged attaking people not luring them over land mines like a fricken hunter. Why would you even use this over Rainstorm, even if it can be used with a whip?

Lover Symphony
This is worthless in PVM, and it is one of the few skills wanderer can even use in PVM (sigh). Monsters are weak and a little bit of mdef isn't going to earn me a party.

Gloomy Shyness
Sadly this is like one of the only good wanderer skills with rainstorm and (supposedly) lullaby. And its broken as hell. Why do Lord Knights get to do 35k+ clashing spirals while I can throw metallic sounds for only 3K? This is ridiculous. You'd think I was some kind of sought-after party class with the way my attacks are useless. You would think.

Improvised Song
The description of the skill seems wrong... lvl 5 at all levels? What do levels of the skill do? This skill is pretty useless too.

Dominion Impulse
I don't really see the point of this skill. I can elaborately set up some of these over 10 seconds, lure someone(thing) insie and detonate for 9k-10k damage. Or I can just rainstorm for 20k, or some LK or RG can walk by and do 30k without any elaborate setup. Stupid skill. This needs to, like, double the damage of any reverb detonated prematurely.

Metallic Sound
Needs a serious buff. it does like 800% with level 10 Voice Lesson. With Deep Sleep it does more, but how much more is questionable since you can't deep sleep people in PVM. Arrow Vulcan does 1.5x this skill's damage. If deep sleep was enabled in PVM this skill might be good, sheesh. Nobody is going to use this in WoE. Its SP draining feature makes it seem like a pvp/woe skill, but why is a wanderer going to use this when dragon's breath and such are doing like 10x as much damage? Wanderers are stuck being classic pluck slaves and (elledgedly) deep lullaby spammers. This class is so dumb. A dipping bird can play this class to its peak potential. /sigh. Maybe if every other class was thoroughly nerfed most wanderer skills would seem decent. I do not see this happening.

Metallic Sound's re-use delay is too long for how weak this skill is.

Severe Rainstorm
This is like the only really good skill Wanderer, has, which again, makes no sense. Anyone who spent their life before renewal as a Gypsy had an array of whips, not bows. On top of that, this skill really feels like storm gust. I feel like I am a wizard, not a dancer, when I level with this. Its somewhat absurd how much the play style has changed from pre-renewal Gypsy to Wanderer. Deep sleep metallic sound with song of despair rooting the monster would have been an excellent extension of the old play style, but gravity mucked it the hell up.

I haven't even gotten to the chorus skills since I have not only not enough skill points due to how retarded the exp scales post 3rd job, but because I need to waste valuable party slots doubling up wanderers or minstrels. some of the chorus skills seem like they would be useful if I could use them when soloing or supporting a party myself. Maybe if they could be made to work without a party or second maestro, and only just get better with the 2nd person (a LOT better, not a tiny bit betetr like atm).

Also, I think it would be super awesome if Wanderer/Maestro had some sort of quest skill that when obtained, applies a Level/100 multiplier to all ranged attack damage (excluding rainstorm, which already has this modifier) done by the character, that way skills like Arrow Vulcan, Metallic Sound, Reverb, etc got stronger as you got higher level.

Arrow Vulcan
For the love of God, remove the cast time and frankly up the damage. This skill is useless now! Clashing Spiral does 2-3x its damage with a shorter cast time and cannot be interrupted. it is SO unfair! A good Wanderer build is VIT/INT/DEX/LUK, not AGI, they need AV to do decent DPS without AGI.

Edited by Jaye, 03 November 2010 - 04:34 AM.

#3 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:59 PM

you'll notice this class thread has the least traffic-- its because nobody plays a wanderer. Because they suck so bad.

#4 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

you'll notice this class thread has the least traffic-- its because nobody plays a wanderer. Because they suck so bad.

I want you to know, Maestro and Wanderer have the least traffic because dedicated players such as yourself and Akin provided such great insight into the current faults of the classes that no further responses were required. Players agree with their silence.

#5 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:41 AM

Severe Rainstorm
I couldn't recall off the top of my head, but isn't there a skill that does temporary divest shield (or was it armor) effect on yourself while said skill was dealing damage? And it wasn't the actual divest - removing equipment effect, but the reduced def divest effect. I think it was Grand Cross (i'd have to go check it later).
Anyways, where am I going with this? I think that they made Severe Rainstorm a Bow-weapon with the inention of reducing our defense (by not having a shield) in order to use the skill. So how about, make SRainstorm be usable with a Whip, but while its effect is going on, give the Maestro/Wanderer reduced defense (or increased damage taken by a %) to counter the fact that we can wear a shield while doing this.

Edited by Prodigy, 02 November 2010 - 07:42 AM.

#6 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:02 AM

@Prodigy Thats a great idea! Make someone casting Severe Rainstorm take 40% more damage while casting the skill and using a shield, but we should make it castable with bow or instrument type weapons and when casting with bow no reduction, that way people have the option.

#7 Elly

Elly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

Reverbation: Doesn't work while using 2nd job dances/songs

#8 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:43 AM

Interesting idea Elly, what skills are intended to function during 2nd job songs?

#9 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

So far my only experience is leveling with a wanderer that has SR and I think it is pretty cool. No feedback yet on other skills.

#10 espeon

espeon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:10 AM

Reverbation: Doesn't work while using 2nd job dances/songs

Do you have at least level 5 Voice Lessons?

#11 Elly

Elly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:20 AM

Do you have at least level 5 Voice Lessons?

It doesn't inflict damage while dancing and yeah I do have Voice Lessons 5.
it ignites but doesn´t inflict damage ... very weird

#12 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:20 AM

Improvised Song
The description of the skill seems wrong... lvl 5 at all levels? What do levels of the skill do? This skill is pretty useless too.

LOL, the GMs and I are both at fault for this. That was a typo in my other thread about Performers in the RE testing forum, and then the GMs did a copy and paste of my descriptions without proof reading. Someone pointed the error out to me and I fixed it in my thread, but they haven't fixed it in game yet.

I want you to know, Maestro and Wanderer have the least traffic because dedicated players such as yourself and Akin provided such great insight into the current faults of the classes that no further responses were required. Players agree with their silence.

Thanks for the compliment, and I hope you're right. My guess is that kRO received even less feedback about performers than iRO staff has so far, which is why the classes are still so broken.

Severe Rainstorm
I couldn't recall off the top of my head, but isn't there a skill that does temporary divest shield (or was it armor) effect on yourself while said skill was dealing damage? And it wasn't the actual divest - removing equipment effect, but the reduced def divest effect. I think it was Grand Cross (i'd have to go check it later).
Anyways, where am I going with this? I think that they made Severe Rainstorm a Bow-weapon with the inention of reducing our defense (by not having a shield) in order to use the skill. So how about, make SRainstorm be usable with a Whip, but while its effect is going on, give the Maestro/Wanderer reduced defense (or increased damage taken by a %) to counter the fact that we can wear a shield while doing this.

One of my suggestions for this was to half the damage with an instrument/whip, similar to backstab with a bow, though I'd much rather keep the damage unless some other attack skills get serious buffs. Also, it's dumb that we have the strongest bow skill in the game (poor hunters). I guess the problem is that if you can use an instrument/whip, it's really no different than Great Echo except that it's just better. Since its prerequisite is Melody Strike/Sling Arrow, maybe it should be a targeted skill with splash damage similar to Cart Cannon but costing arrows instead of cannon balls. Then Great Echo can remain the AoE skill.

@Elly: that definitely looks like a bug. Thanks for the report.

Edited by Akin, 02 November 2010 - 11:27 AM.

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:33 AM

I don't get why they felt the fixed casting was needed to balance skills and slapped it on everything, but then they turned around and gave super powerful attacks like cart cannon no fixed cast time at all.

If any skills deserve virtually no cast time/delay, its weak stuff like slinging arrow and charge arrow, both of which become pointless with long reuse penalties such as cast time and after-cast delays.

I really like some of the re-use penalties on a few of the 3rd jobs. Wanderer/Maestro's Severe rainstorm has like an 5 second re-use delay, so even with no regular after-cast (such as magic strings) and a fast cast speed, rainstorm can not only never be stacked, but there is always a 2 second or so gap between rainstorms. More skills need to be like that. Metallic sound's re-use delay is too long.

#14 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:14 AM

Valorous/Brave/Glorious Lariat needs to be looked at. They are extremely weak in renewal due to their low ATK.

#15 Cihan

Cihan

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

Lol wanderer is my main character something needs to be done!!! I wasted all my time during the exp event finding bows and all my whips are for casting skills lol HORRIBLE. I'm going to be 107 for the rest of my time at RO lol. I used to be able to kill people in PvP now I'm just horrible, even non trans 2nd classers are kicking my butt. HELP US!

#16 Emichio

Emichio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:57 PM

The low attack BG thing is the same case with most weapons.

Also you dont need whips to level etc, just use an Orc archer bow and severe rain storm D:

#17 Elly

Elly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:25 AM

Fix the Reverbation bug ! Reverbation sound waves aren't inflicting damage while having a 2nd job dance up.

#18 Berek

Berek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:49 PM

When I was checking the Maestro topic I was surprised for the fact that is one of the sections with less traffic, but I agree with most of the comments of our counterparts, wanderers!!

Performers are one of those forgotten classes, sadly. *sigh*

#19 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

Fix the Reverbation bug ! Reverbation sound waves aren't inflicting damage while having a 2nd job dance up.

Seriously, fix this so we can do something useful for the party. Right now I kinda just sit around, sing, talk.

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:30 AM

Wanderer/maestro thread should just be merged x_o

nobody plays Wanderer, its so bad ;/

#21 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:31 AM

Lack of female players...or men pretending....

#22 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:42 AM

Lack of female players...or men pretending....

No lack of either of these!! Not on RO at least. Female HP is like 1/2 the characters in prontera at all times.

#23 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

IMHO Circle of Nature should increase incoming Heals from ArchBishop and Genetic skills by 20%*SkillLvl instead of consuming Players`s SP and recover small amount of HP. This will turn this skill into important secondary support skill in PvM and MvP activities.

#24 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 16 November 2010 - 05:59 AM

When I first saw the skill list for Wanderer posted on kRO update I had a lot of high hopes for this class. With Siren's Call, Deep Sleep Lullaby, you could mob for a killer safely, put it to sleep like a mini lex aeterna, and then use skills like valley of death and circle of nature to keep your friend healed and alive. Like kind of a priest but different. Was a sad day discovering these skills are all weak, disabled in PVM, or suck.

#25 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:41 PM

When I first saw the skill list for Wanderer posted on kRO update I had a lot of high hopes for this class. With Siren's Call, Deep Sleep Lullaby, you could mob for a killer safely, put it to sleep like a mini lex aeterna, and then use skills like valley of death and circle of nature to keep your friend healed and alive. Like kind of a priest but different. Was a sad day discovering these skills are all weak, disabled in PVM, or suck.

seriously! When I first was looking over their descriptions I was so excited, but they just dont put out. For now, the songs dont even stack, super annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users