I was very excited as well. Posted Image

#27 Elly

Elly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

Wanderer & Maestro skills aren't stacking chips at all :lol:. Improve please !

#28 Cihan

Cihan

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

I want to add something to this topic as well. Switching from bow to whip and then back just to buff ourselves for like 60 seconds is horrible. This isn't USRC, give us a break. /swt

#29 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

That wouldn't be a problem if SR was an instrumental skill...but as is its not that hard to switch between them. Just annoying that instruments are just for buffing now.

#30 Brite

Brite

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

Would be nice if the party buff songs stacked instead of overwriting eachother

#31 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

Would be nice if the party buff songs stacked instead of overwriting eachother

Clearly this suggestions power level is over 9,000.
How hard is it to implement this?

#32 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

It's funny because in the original skill descriptions, there are only two buffs that mention that they don't stack, Warcry from Beyond and Sinking Melody. Considering one gives +25ATK/-25%MATK and the other gives +25%MATK/-25%ATK, this makes sense. Song of Destruction even states that it removes "all of Singing and Chorus effects" from the target. This makes it sound like there should be more than one at a time.

#33 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

AV cast time is way overkill compared to Severe's cast time for what the skill is.

Edited by Trixdee, 19 November 2010 - 02:02 PM.

#34 Koliada

Koliada

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:46 PM

Arrow Vulcan needs to be fixed and pronto. It's ridiculous to have the one attack that we can actually use in WoE to defend ourselves suck due to the delay! Severe rainstorm seems great, but sucks in WoE. It's great to have buffs, but all our buffs are doing are making RKs overpowered while we are left severely underpowered! =[

HALP US!

Edited by Koliada, 27 November 2010 - 03:47 PM.

#35 Cihan

Cihan

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

Um can someone post here if any problems are fixed. I've literally stopped playing my wanderer, since I don't have a Kaahi slave or a unlimited supply of zeny. I've spent like 15k ranked pots just getting level 111. It's not cost effective to even play it anymore. I don't want to pay someone to leech me to 150, let us wear a shield when leveling bow/shield combo that reduces hit and aspd or something. I have 97 agi and my +7 valk manteau's perfect dodge is more useful than my flee. It's bad enough when you use severe rainstorm on a wrong spot and it takes your arrows and sp anyway. My pre-renewal 99 gypsy would destroy my 112 wanderer in a second in pvp/woe, there's something wrong with that. Might as well quit if I can't play my main character put so much money and effort into it.

#36 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:16 AM

Nothing has been fixed. Gravity is trying to make everyone who liked Gypsy quit RO. I already stopped logging in for the past few weeks.

Apparently since we have a +SP song we're considered a support class and should have half the HP of all other classes and half the combat potential with a shield.

Edited by Jaye, 10 December 2010 - 04:16 AM.

#37 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:33 AM

Yeah nothing has been done, it makes me mad.

#38 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

Only complaint I have is the position lag problem that comes from moving while Severe Rainstorm is still going. I have no complaint with having to use bows for severe rainstorm.

#39 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:47 AM

still worst class in ro fix pls

#40 MrMajestic

MrMajestic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:58 AM

still worst class in ro fix pls

no you have a point to play in woe. you can gloomy, which yes, it is a supportive skill. but there is still a point for your character. the worst 3rd class in RO is the mechanic. that's been shafted all over the place. they can't kill any one and they cant help kill any one. they're only there to hit lock.

#41 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

You can be a walking pneuma. You're a hypocrite if you think doing that and watching other people play is any different than gloomying a LK and watching them play.

#42 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:35 PM

At least you get to help the person you're watching play.

Neutral Barrier's AoE is too small to really protect anything besides yourself and can only be used every other minute.

Edited by Sera, 31 December 2010 - 08:35 PM.

#43 MrMajestic

MrMajestic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

You can be a walking pneuma. You're a hypocrite if you think doing that and watching other people play is any different than gloomying a LK and watching them play.

To every one else who isn't Jaye that wants to stick to topic skip to my last paragraph.

That's not a team skill, it works on the enemy as well, not to mention it does not reduce long ranged attack damage. which is everything used in woe. neutral barrier is no where near as useful as your gloomy shyness. have you ever heard any one complain about how OP neutral barrier is? NO. just face it, I'm sorry to inform you, but bad news. your character has a point to play in woe. your still the support class you once where, unlike from what we've become as mechanics. you were support pre renewal and support post renewal. pre-renewal Master Smith front line DPS tank character. post renewal mechanic garbage garbage garbage, and anything a mechanic can do as a skill, there is another character class with a better skill to one up ours. can't say the same for you. so i think the only thing you can say the mechanic is good for is being the worst character class to play in woe. don't try to steal our spotlight. it's all we have left now. and btw i now realize first hand experience why every one complains about you in here. and don't throw big words at me to try and make me look stupid, all i do is state my facts, no I'm not an English buff. put it in Layman's if you want to argue back here. i don't see why you have to use words in the English vocabulary that not every one can understand, other than to lead them off the fact that your getting no where in a point your making. all you ever do is throw people's attention off in here with your flashy words. I'll give you props on that, you do know a lot of big words, and small confusing words. but as I'm sure you know, English is not every one's first language, I myself included. so heads up on that. would you like to retract your wanderer worst class character or continue arguing a dead point. like i always see you do in here. and some where i read that if your caught not knowing what your talking about you'll back down. two options for you now i guess. back down for the first time I've ever seen you do (haven't read all your BS yet) or run your mouth off again and continue arguing. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there to defend the mechanic as worst character class. another point id like to throw out there before some one goes and trolls my arguing, is that yes it's arguing but your wrong that this wont serve a point. it will serve a purpose to GMs reading this stuff, so there know where to better focus there efforts. on the priority character class who out prioritizes every one when it comes to uselessness.

Just because i play crap character doesn't mean i use crap skills. i just scrap. and what has changed for you, glommy an LK RG and watch them play, from when what you used to just do is a dance and afk? now your at the key board. oh no. you cant throw some crappy arrows any more that never hurt any one to begin with. oh no.
where do you pull your ideas from? skill/ diarrhea of the mouth: give every one a headache and force them to rub there temples. skills cast time delay reduced by your stubbornness, so Jaye makes it aspd spam-able with 190 aspd. stop complaining about what you cant do in game, your a lot more dangerous out here. the worst kind of troll is the one that doesn't even realize they are one.

let me just end this post by getting back on track to the topic so i haven't wasted every one's time here. Don't Change wanderer they are good as is. from the bottom of my heart. this is coming from some one who's almost every iro friend has quit playing one character class just to play one that CAN be gloomy shyness. this is a good character class to play, which with out these wanderer minstrels thered be know clashing spirals and rapid smiting. people complain about how OP those skills are, when in fact they are not at all. this is the skill that makes them useful. i hope one day mechanic's mado can be considered a mount and our arms cannon gets affected by this skill, along with axe tornado.

Edited by MrMajestic, 01 January 2011 - 12:29 PM.

#44 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

I'm not going to bother reading you're post. It's incredibly long and you were already pretty off base within the first few sentences I read.

1) Gypsy was never a full support class. Never. I made a dancer because they had the best sustainable PVM DPS available with their high SP pool and a 380% damage easy to modify with element skill. Made a Gypsy because they were the best class for killing Bio3 High wizard.
2) HSCR is still one of the best single target DPS skill in the game, so your class doesn't have useless DPS.
3) Mechanics can support now. The fact that you're nitpicking over the varying degree of how fun your support skills are is irrelevant as gloomy shynessing a lord knight is not fun either.
4) Mechanic is pretty bad. The fact you are arguing with me stands to reason that you haven't read a damn thing I've said on these boards, so I don't see why I should read your "diarrhea of the mouth" post that was a page of you being wrong. If you want to split hairs over which one is worse between mechanic and wanderer you've got some awful priorities. They are both awful classes that look like they should be floating in a toilet, once you've seen what a Rune Knight, Royal Guard, or Shura can do (among others to varying degrees).

Between Mechanic and Wanderer you have two classes with awful DPS and horribly conceived support skills, but at least the mechanic can solo PvM easier, can MVP better, and has more survivability in WoE as they can equip shields while doing their DPS have higher DEf, and higher HP. Oh, and they can equip god items to become decent killers, unlike wanderers. All in all you're not a good class but you're a step above wanderer. I know being wrong is humiliating for you, but deal with it, without writing a page of nonsense toward someone who doesn't want to hear it.

Also Gloomy Shyness needs to be deleted as it makes the already strong Rune Knight stupidly strong, and turns Wanderer into a slave alt character. It needs to go and wanderer needs hella otherwise buffs.

Edited by Jaye, 01 January 2011 - 03:55 PM.

#45 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:49 PM

Why would they buff an underpowered class when they can buff something like RK or sura more?

#46 MrMajestic

MrMajestic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:57 PM

I'm not going to bother reading you're post. It's incredibly long and you were already pretty off base within the first few sentences I read.

1) Gypsy was never a full support class. Never. I made a dancer because they had the best sustainable PVM DPS available with their high SP pool and a 380% damage easy to modify with element skill. Made a Gypsy because they were the best class for killing Bio3 High wizard.
2) HSCR is still one of the best single target DPS skill in the game, so your class doesn't have useless DPS.
3) Mechanics can support now. The fact that you're nitpicking over the varying degree of how fun your support skills are is irrelevant as gloomy shynessing a lord knight is not fun either.
4) Mechanic is pretty bad. The fact you are arguing with me stands to reason that you haven't read a damn thing I've said on these boards, so I don't see why I should read your "diarrhea of the mouth" post that was a page of you being wrong. If you want to split hairs over which one is worse between mechanic and wanderer you've got some awful priorities. They are both awful classes that look like they should be floating in a toilet, once you've seen what a Rune Knight, Royal Guard, or Shura can do (among others to varying degrees).

Between Mechanic and Wanderer you have two classes with awful DPS and horribly conceived support skills, but at least the mechanic can solo PvM easier, can MVP better, and has more survivability in WoE as they can equip shields while doing their DPS have higher DEf, and higher HP. Oh, and they can equip god items to become decent killers, unlike wanderers. All in all you're not a good class but you're a step above wanderer. I know being wrong is humiliating for you, but deal with it, without writing a page of nonsense toward someone who doesn't want to hear it.

every time you gloomy shyness a character you triple there skills damage. THAT's YOUR NEW DPS RATE> way more then your little arrow garbage before. you gloomy up 3 people your doing what all three of them would do twice over. how ever many gloomy shyness buffs you give out is directly related to your DPS now. with out which they wouldn't be able to do so. i wish my character class had a useful support skill. the fact that your unwilling to read while in an argument shows how stuborn you are. your posts are just as long, but cant say there half as relevant.

#47 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

Would you be happy with mechanic if one of your new support skills gave all guillotine crosses 3x damage to cross impact? Would you be happy walking around as a pure support slave for that purpose on a character that began as offensive?

You're being foolish. It's painfully obvious wanderer is poorly designed right now. You're just talking out your ass.

Gloomy Shyness is broken and needs to go. Rune Knights do not need this buff. And its a piss-poor use of a human player in a team-play game to walk around and slave one skill in place of actively fighting on your own or fully supporting on your own.

Edited by Jaye, 01 January 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#48 Frappuccino

Frappuccino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

2) HSCR is still one of the best single target DPS skill in the game.

i do so enjoy reading your posts. they give good insight into what i might be like if i was delusional too.

1) Gypsy was -always- a support class. The only thing they were ever not-support for was bio3 hwiz, and even then they were far outrivalled by TKMs. the only reason they were used as hwiz killers more then any other class was their ability to use ghost element far more readily then any other class.
2) hscr is indeed still strong, but hscr has always been nerfed by stun immunity and it's heavily buff dependent nature. dispel a mechanic, it can't do :unsure:. dispell a wanderer, you're not as completely screwed. anything that causes dispell/agi down > mechanic
3) this point makes no sense. it's entirely perspective based. i for one find gloomy-ing a knight to be quite fun. you get to give arguably the best single person buff in game, and that's not fun for you?
4) what people like you don't seem to get is that each class has a differing role. there are meant to be powerful dps classes, strong defensive classes and good support/debuff classes (though renewal shafted support pretty badly). just because your class doesn't fall into the category you'd like doesn't make it absolutely useless. you can still slow grace. you can still tarot. you can still buff other classes SP, and use minstrel skills when linked. and you can still deal damage.

your last paragraph made me laugh most of all though. wanderer is far more suited to pvm then mechanic, as well as a lot of other classes. i got my wanderer to 110 with relatively no effort which, compared to classes like gx and mechanic, is actually pretty good. the only problem that i have with wanderer is that they use a bow as their main killing weapon. in reality, however, that only means you'll be using more supplies to get your levels. but how is that any different to any other class that doesn't use kaahi to level? and how is your max HP etc bad? unless you're getting lolagi for pvm then you should be fine @_@ (getting agi for severe rainstorm first off is not as good as getting vit to improve your hp/survivability)

also lol@wanderer dps in WoE. you don't play a wanderer/gypsy in WoE to be a killer. you never have.

to put it simply, the main buff a wanderer needs is to be able to use whips for severe rainstorm, and to lower the ridiculous arrow cost. oh and reduce the number of skills to max voice lessons or whatever that 3rd class skill equivalent of musical lessons is.

#49 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Looking past the nonsense bullhonkey you spouted in the first paragraphs, we get to the last paragraph where you directly contradicted MrMajestic (who said Wanderer is perfect the way it is and needs no change) then parroted a bunch of the stuff I said Wanderer needs to not be the worst designed 3rd class.

So yes, I accept that you finally admitted I was right.

Edited by Jaye, 01 January 2011 - 05:11 PM.

#50 Frappuccino

Frappuccino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

the fact that you don't try to prove me wrong suggests that you know i'm right.

^oh look, i just made a baseless assumption too. except mine is way closer to the truth than any of yours. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

srsly though, of course you'd look past the truth. someone so absorbed in their self-perceived perfection tends to do this. the truth, however, is that i disagree with you on nearly every point you raise except for the aforementioned last paragraph in my previous post.

and why would i agree with MrMajestic, that person never knows what he's talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users