Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress) - Page 16 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress)

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#376 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

*Potion reserach 10 for more effective pot recovers,

*Sword mastery is useless, workin with one handed swords and its not necesarry if you wont use twin edge or something.

*Demonic + Fire Expansion 5 lvl is good but if you have very good cast. If you don't use mjolnir or have no good dex/int or spell. You can also can use 1 lvl demonic +5 lvl fire expansion to cast it faster. Dmg is so similar.

*Crazy Vine you will need it. Make it 1 LVL max, it removes debuffs by mvps. Like fallen bishop's pneuma or if some mvp or monster hide from you and you can even dmg them with crazy vine.

*Blood sucker is not necesarry but useful for some situations you can keep it. (Personally I never use it, just thorn trap and crazy weed helps me a lot)

Rest of all skills are fine. Geneticist is always have free skill points to give, you don't have to worry too much :)

hmm I have level 6 Crazy vines, Level 2 summon Flora

#377 ColdCoffee730

ColdCoffee730

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:29 AM

Hi gene is the 2nd class that I plan to play here in iRO just a few questions.

i read a few threads and is DEX 120 staple on builds now for insta casting CC?

so my proposed build is

120 DEX

94 VIT

110 STR

108 INT

28 LUK

2 agi

that's final for 175. your thoughts on that?

and in that build should I mix and match cast reduction gears with ea equips to pump damage?

at 99 before i become a gene i plan on having

STR 30

INT 90

Agi 1

DEX 90

VIT 50

LUK 1

and from there how should i proceed with the stats planning on leveling with cart canon.

last for the homonculus part

what level do you guys get a homonculus? and way back i remember people resetting their homonculus if the stat growth isnt the optimal(kinda like IVs in pokemon) is that still a thing or people just go with whatever stat growth they have and evolve their homonculus?

initial vit is low coz I wanted to go amistr then sera

#378 Castiel999

Castiel999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:31 AM

last for the homonculus part

what level do you guys get a homonculus? and way back i remember people resetting their homonculus if the stat growth isnt the optimal(kinda like IVs in pokemon) is that still a thing or people just go with whatever stat growth they have and evolve their homonculus?

initial vit is low coz I wanted to go amistr then sera.

I can't comment on the above questions as I am a not experienced and leave it to the OP people for that except for this last one. 

You don't have to worry for the homun stats now as it will evolve (gain a chunk of hp/sp) and then mutate to Homun S.

Stop worrying about the homun stats they are not important. Just focus on choosing a good Homun S, most people go for Sera or Dieter as MVPing Gene. Sera for survivability and Dieter for more damage.

Choice is yours but do read the forum threads to minimize your confusion.

#379 inspectortrix

inspectortrix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:30 PM

Hi gene is the 2nd class that I plan to play here in iRO just a few questions.
i read a few threads and is DEX 120 staple on builds now for insta casting CC

120 dex is for temporal dex boots bonus. Not really a requirement unless you're planning on using temporal dex boots.

#380 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:51 AM

Just a quick question here, from a new Gene..

With about 300 million Zeny, which gear should I go for as my first gear:

- +9 Triple Kindgbird Red RTE; or

- +9 HBP [1], (clean or Raydric Card)?

#381 GonSword

GonSword

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:17 AM

Hi, I would like to ask is this build ok for solo lvl? I am aiming for a hybrid PvM and brewing build.
Skill: http://irowiki.org/~...qsrakBl1ohkakwY
Stat

STR: 90

AGI: 1

VIT: 96

INT: 90

DEX: 90

LUK: 77

Thank you

#382 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 21 September 2016 - 07:42 AM

I don't think that much luck is necessary for gene, gene's generally dont have SP issues and are 90% of the time, overweight.

For leveling int > str because you'll be using CC alot more than Acid Bomb.

Also that amount of VIT seems to be a waste in my opinion, my gene has only 70 vit and is almost never stunned (I use vit foods)

#383 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:33 PM

Below are the best equipment I can sum up to level this character. I'v read that the Homun Sera is a must have when solo leveling but currently I only have a level 21+ Amstir.

This is supposed to be a CC/AB build 150/45, any suggestions on where I can solo please?

O9wGeqr.jpg

And btw, +9RWH does not work on CC since it's long range however I've read a number of posts stating that it works :dunno:

Edited by Usurper, 06 October 2016 - 11:54 PM.

#384 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:45 PM

RWH works for range attacks, specifically cart cannon and arrow storm. I use it often

#385 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:30 AM

Works for any physical attack.

#386 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:54 AM

Thanks, currently maxing out my Homun to get Sera's painkiller before I grind up to 175.

#387 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:37 PM

Regardless of budget (but no gods and MVPs), what's the most optimal leveling gear set-up with pain killer? is it really recommended to get insta-cast?

Edited by mikkotinamide, 13 November 2016 - 04:37 PM.

#388 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:17 PM

I'm all up for instacast, but only till level 125 where you can kill in 1-2 shots.

After that, you're sacrificing so much damage by doing so. Imagine the SP drain. 

Also insta cast builds do pathetic bomb damage.

#389 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:43 PM

So it's just better to go for damage gears right at the start, then? Are leeching gears any good for genes?

Edited by mikkotinamide, 13 November 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#390 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:54 PM

Vanar is great for the sp/hp leech, and you merely sacrifice some damage by not using EMH/Eddga.

Worth it sacrifice if u ask me.

Apart from that, a Thana Hammer is quite decent for leveling purposes. 

Having said that, since you plan to go the Pain Killer route, damage taken should be negligible. 

#391 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:01 PM

Is the damage difference huge compared to 3* Kingbird RTE? For thana hammer, is it worth putting hunter fly instead of archer skel?

#392 MatagiAsagi

MatagiAsagi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationUnknown place inside Rune Midgard

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:38 PM

Noob question: Since we have mad bunny now I want ask, which one can give good AB damage? +9 Triple kingbird rte+ +12 mad bunny shield, or +9 kingbird HF? Also is heffen tournament robe + +9 superior temporal dex boot is good?

#393 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

Is the damage difference huge compared to 3* Kingbird RTE? For thana hammer, is it worth putting hunter fly instead of archer skel?

If you wanna save pots, make a general leveling weapon. I'm more inclined to have a HF thana than a HF RTE, simply because dieter genes can use it.

Noob question: Since we have mad bunny now I want ask, which one can give good AB damage? +9 Triple kingbird rte+ +12 mad bunny shield, or +9 kingbird HF? Also is heffen tournament robe + +9 superior temporal dex boot is good?

Temporal dex boots is great because of the fixed cast time reduction, but the additional HP/SP from firelock card wouldn't be that great in my opinion.
There are 3 main boots which a gene uses namely :

EA/ LD : for general use. 200luk and no downside at all
EA/ BP : For when you're tanking a lot. Drains some HP, but negligible esp when you're on some leeching gears. +200str is really some added dmg to all your skills
EA/ RM : Mainly for CC-ing ghost type/low vit mvps when you have a tank. +200int will double your CC damage (and make it instacast)

Even now, HF > other stuffs even if paired with mad bunny. And +9 kingbird RTE is a leveling weapon, not a mvp weap.

#394 b4bads

b4bads

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:45 PM

If you wanna save pots, make a general leveling weapon. I'm more inclined to have a HF thana than a HF RTE, simply because dieter genes can use it.

Temporal dex boots is great because of the fixed cast time reduction, but the additional HP/SP from firelock card wouldn't be that great in my opinion.

EA/ BP : For when you're tanking a lot. Drains some HP, but negligible esp when you're on some leeching gears. +200str is really some added dmg to all your skills
EA/ RM : Mainly for CC-ing ghost type/low vit mvps when you have a tank. +200int will double your CC damage (and make it instacast)

Even now, HF > other stuffs even if paired with mad bunny. And +9 kingbird RTE is a leveling weapon, not a mvp weap.

1. Does RM procs with cart cannon?
2. Is it still robot arms the best weapon for CC? How about Old Parsol.
3. Thanks in advance

Edited by b4bads, 03 December 2016 - 09:46 PM.

#395 SeikenDensetsu

SeikenDensetsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

1. Does RM procs with cart cannon?
2. Is it still robot arms the best weapon for CC? How about Old Parsol.
3. Thanks in advance

1. No. Needs magic to proc

2. Yes. Parsol is crap even with perfect enchants

#396 b4bads

b4bads

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:07 PM

1. No. Needs magic to proc
2. Yes. Parsol is crap even with perfect enchants

Thanks!
What +9 one handed weapon is best for CC. And what card combination is revommended for mvp. Planning for 120dex, ~100int/str. I already asked this question in some of the threads, i hope its fine.

#397 ChickenPorkAdobo

ChickenPorkAdobo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNASA PUSO MO!!!
  • Server:Server ng Pagbabago

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:22 PM

I think  you can use Thana Hammer it is good due to its  HP/SP Leeching effect and it is quite decent with Acid Bomb. They say Robot arm is best for CC dmg but I have not tried it yet since I don't own one. lol.  

#398 MatagiAsagi

MatagiAsagi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationUnknown place inside Rune Midgard

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:39 AM

I see. Thanks for your advice. :)

#399 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:08 PM

until the latest update Kro is there any weapon more powerful then HF ea 10-12?

#400 KianS

KianS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:35 AM

Recently found out that level 5 of Fire Expansion ("FE") actually has the same effect of level 10 of Acid Bomb ("AB") but with 1 catalyst less (no more Grenade Bottle required) and turned AB's physical range attack into magic attack, which reflect-able from Maya Card. There are still other differences like SP consumption, cast time, cool down and etc..

This make me wonder if Fire Expansion has any possibility to better than AB in some situation like facing MVP with [higher/lower(?)] MDEF?

The other question is, I am currently using RTE [3], is Sword Mastery ("SM", or Sword Training ("ST")) skill still gave bonus damage to AB or level 5 FE?

Lastly, is Blood Sucker attachable to MVP and is the effect good?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users