Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress) - Page 15 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Genetic Build Guide (Work in Progress)

• Please log in to reply
406 replies to this topic

#351 Zelnite

Zelnite

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iro - Chaos

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:43 PM

I think this armor  would be the best http://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/15096/  but you would need to be lv 160+ to use it and it is a bit pricey xD

Bryn or this as normal gear? (assuming +12 to this)

and if this, what card?

#352 Galandr

Galandr

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:07 AM

Hello everyone. I'm thinking to use neuralizer on my genes

So I'm planning to have 2 types of build, 1 is for PvM-wise and the other is more into WOE/PvP.

Here's the skill builds:

PvM: http://irowiki.org/~...FqsrdkBlf2eakwY

WOE/PvP: http://irowiki.org/~...srdkKkFqBaeakwY

Stat:

Str 100, Agi 1, Vit 94, Int 115, Dex 120, Luk 33

^ I know that it's more likely a PvM stats, since I don't exactly have a clue what to aim for WOE/PVP

That's why I absolutely need your help, any kind would be very much appreciated.   :thx:

Edited by Galandr, 27 March 2016 - 09:08 AM.

#353 ForteGS

ForteGS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 641 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:42 AM

Hello everyone. I'm thinking to use neuralizer on my genes

So I'm planning to have 2 types of build, 1 is for PvM-wise and the other is more into WOE/PvP.

Here's the skill builds:

PvM: http://irowiki.org/~...FqsrdkBlf2eakwY

WOE/PvP: http://irowiki.org/~...srdkKkFqBaeakwY

Stat:

Str 100, Agi 1, Vit 94, Int 115, Dex 120, Luk 33

^ I know that it's more likely a PvM stats, since I don't exactly have a clue what to aim for WOE/PVP

That's why I absolutely need your help, any kind would be very much appreciated.   :thx:

Im not a PRO genetic player, but maybe a can help you a little, for PvM of course, i dont play and like WoE/PvP anymore so, why you need hell plant for PvM?, as for me, i just use CC, AB and FE, i think is better invest those hell plant points to Full Throttle or more points in Demonic fire/Thorn wall for Magic Runaway proposes,  for PvM those stats are fine, but for WoE i think are a little different, as i remember you need more LUK/AGI and less STR

#354 Galandr

Galandr

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:10 PM

Im not a PRO genetic player, but maybe a can help you a little, for PvM of course, i dont play and like WoE/PvP anymore so, why you need hell plant for PvM?, as for me, i just use CC, AB and FE, i think is better invest those hell plant points to Full Throttle or more points in Demonic fire/Thorn wall for Magic Runaway proposes,  for PvM those stats are fine, but for WoE i think are a little different, as i remember you need more LUK/AGI and less STR

Hey thanks for your reply.

I know it's twisted, but there are so many skill points and I want to have a build that I'm happy about (Not planning to use another Neuralizer in the future)

As you noticed, I use Hell Plant in PvM to avoid(stun) deadly monsters such in Biolabs or some instances.
On the other hand, it might be a little handy in WOE especially on crowded area and breaks your heart when your guildmate step on it.
But could be effective to use agaisnt killer and might be more useful in PvP.  I don't use Mandra in PvM, but hell yea it's a must-have for WOE/PvP

Didn't get Sword Training for WOE but yes for PvM, as i heard it very useful for Cart Cannon (Not so sure about Bomb)

Item Sling for WOE. Fire Expansion 5 for PvM, and only 3 level for WOE to use against Ranger/RK/Sura(Maybe)

Lastly Crazy Vines 10 for WOE, and only 1 for PvM to remove some ground skills (Acid Terror etc)

And sadly I find the new skills a bit unavailing, so I decided to not get it. No offense though :D
--------------------------------

So what do you think, is my reasoning acceptable?

#355 zhoujianyin

zhoujianyin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:36 PM

Hy everyone, im new in this gene job and this is my first character at iRO...

Now im at 105 wit stat build :
Str 71
Vit 40
Int 81
Dex 90
Agi and luck is 1

My gear is :
WPH & alarm mask
Orlean grown with peco peco
+4Triple kingbird twin sword (red)
+4Hpb with raydric
Variant shoes
Sprint ring
Apple ring

Now i just leveling at magma dungeon f2...some times i do crystal quest for get high purified crystal for exchange gear later and do ET with my brother (sura) every sunday..

My homun is still amistr adult with normal intimacy with lv99 (sera for future)

My question, what should i do for future?? Just leveling at magma until 150 or i have to wait until my amistr get loyal and evolve it? Because i ever see Dr.Azzy said for take care of our homun, before became homun S, dont make it level more than 99...now i leveling without using my homun (afraid of level up my amistr to 100)...please suggest some spot for leveling as CC gene and the stat build step by step...and also please suggest the gear what should i change??

Thanks

#356 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

hi. I'm starting to play gene, I want to ask:

what is the pros can cons about a insta-cast CC building? and AB building?

what is the different between those type?

(since I only know gene's AB is powerful for mvp, but a building especially for CC, then what about AB?)

with the FAW full Spell, than what is the card is FAW better? 

#357 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:57 AM

AB and CC build are the same or can be build with the same stats. You just take more int to your already 120 DEX to reach insta cast. You aint need Spell enchants and that stuff since 175 patch anymore.

Simple: If you Build for CC Build, you have strong AB cause you need almost the same stats.

#358 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:35 AM

hi. what's a good stat progress for an HBP CC build? and what are the minimum gears for solo leveling a CC-gene? (if possible, a gear set up that won't cost much pots)

#359 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:21 AM

I would start by putting 50 vit, then 90 dex, 90 int, from this point forward put 120 dex, then put start pumping str, until you are comfortable with it.

Since you are going for a CC build I would just go straight to 120 int as well.

#360 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:45 AM

you mean it's alright to have minimal str during the earlier levels?

#361 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:22 AM

During the earlier levels you'll be using Cart Cannon as your AoE leveling skill. Unless you plan to hunt some MvP's to level before 150 or 175.

#362 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:30 PM

Correct, your main skill will be CC. If you want you can put about 50 str before you start pumping your dex to 120.

#363 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:17 PM

btw, does str/atk even affect cc?

#364 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:55 PM

btw, does str/atk even affect cc?

ofc they do, but INT affects more than STR for CC

#365 Darkcompact

Darkcompact

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:36 PM

Hey guys I'm just returning to RO again. [That which must not be named] proved to be a bit boring though I'll probably still dabble between the two. I was seeking to pimp out and focus on my Geneticist. Gathering up all my assets to do so. Im looking for some input on my gear.

So my intentions is inspired by laziness, I want to basically do as little gear swapping and have a well rounded default.

My current gear is going to look something like:
+12 Seyren Windsor Evil Matching Hat
Black Devil Mask DLE Concentrate 3
99 Love Balloons
Mjolnir (if I ever get this set actually completed)
??? Armor needs some input, of course I have to swap Orleans when I'm mvping and have those basics.
+9 Valk Shields Alice/Hodremlin
+9 EA10 Menblatt/DR FAW
+12 Temporal Dex EA4 LD
RWC Pendant Sp3/Sp3/Vit 3 KBC (switching vit3 to Dex3 if necessary for instant cc otherwise Str3 or Int3, again dependent if instant CC is close enough for int3 or Str3 is optimal for damage if Dex or int isn't necessary)
RWC Ring (to be enchanted properly) KBC

Costume:
+4 All Stat Shadow Set
Lamp

In your words lords of Genetics, what's my next possible step for overall improvement? GTB allowing defaulting DR for overall survivability? Kiels for more AB dps if I can do without the DLE in the BDM? Fenrir seems like a pipe dream. Some rented Megs?

What's the current role of Genes in WoE? I've never been a heavy WoE player. Dabbled a bit when I played my RK/Sura with my Tao, Sura really seemed like it was the only real competitor and well rounded character in the mix.

Apologies for my noobishness. Been ages since I really played. My gear exceeds my expertise for Genetics especially since I've only ever used it for MvPing low-mid tier. And primarily played RK/Sura

Edited by Darkcompact, 02 May 2016 - 12:37 PM.

#366 SuperSneeze

SuperSneeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Server:renewal-chaos

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:10 AM

Can I also get some advices on my mvp gene skill build?

http://irowiki.org/~...FqsrFknrA2eakwY

for stats, i'm just gonna go with the stats in this post, but i'm not sure about the skills, help pls! :thx:

#367 FenrisI

FenrisI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:25 AM

Almost-insta-CC (with RTE w/out enchant):

+12 KK CoD (-33% cast) - yup, +12.

2x RWC Pendant (-32% cast), KBC if you can afford it

+9 FAW [Spell x3] (-30% cast)

Your choice of weapon - you don't need for cast with this build

Miyabi Doll pet (-3%)

97% cast reduc. Naturally, a +15 KK CoD would get you 100% cast reduc. Trying to figure out ways to get that last 3%.

So i have a +12 KK CoD, RWC Pendants and FAW, which gives me -95% cast reduc. Im currently going with Temp Boots with Spell 5, which brings me to -105% reduc. Now im wondering if there is anything that gives ~5% reduction, so i can replace the temp boots Sp5?

#368 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:57 AM

Almost-insta-CC (with RTE w/out enchant):

+12 KK CoD (-33% cast) - yup, +12.

2x RWC Pendant (-32% cast), KBC if you can afford it

+9 FAW [Spell x3] (-30% cast)

Your choice of weapon - you don't need for cast with this build

Miyabi Doll pet (-3%)

97% cast reduc. Naturally, a +15 KK CoD would get you 100% cast reduc. Trying to figure out ways to get that last 3%.

So i have a +12 KK CoD, RWC Pendants and FAW, which gives me -95% cast reduc. Im currently going with Temp Boots with Spell 5, which brings me to -105% reduc. Now im wondering if there is anything that gives ~5% reduction, so i can replace the temp boots Sp5?

+7 Shadow Magical Earring will give you the last 3%.

+9 Shadow Caster Pendant will give another 3%.

Edited by Ryviux, 09 May 2016 - 11:59 AM.

#369 FenrisI

FenrisI

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:51 PM

+7 Shadow Magical Earring will give you the last 3%.

+9 Shadow Caster Pendant will give another 3%.

ah nice your right thanks (pm me in case someone sells them :))

#370 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:15 AM

I am going for a pure PvM / MVP, mostly solo, build for my Geneticist and have a few questions.  I have been away for over 2 years and going to be moving soon so not sure how much time I can devote.  My Gen is currently level 103/16 at the moment.

1.  Potion Research - Does this increased ALL healing items like Fresh Fish for example?

2.  Axe Mastery - is the atk boost for this really significant at all? Also what about Gens Sword Mastery? any real difference?

3.  Stats, I am only level 103/16 and have a +9 HBP, which stats should be set to 90 and in which priority?  I can afford Racial Shields and have a +7 Tripple Kingbird Red/Blue Twin Edges to level with.  Also have zenny healing up but also have a RWH.

4.  Also interested in soloing Hazy to farm Mora coins, which level would it be best to start that?  Also any specific items/gears?

Edited by EvilLoynis, 10 May 2016 - 12:55 PM.

#371 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:42 PM

Dr Azzy,

For your instant cast CC build, instead of getting spell 5 weapon enchant, you could opt for Tempora Dex boot with Spell 5 instead. That way you can use RTE + Shield and still have 100% cast reduction.  Maybe you want to update that as well. Getting Spell 5 / Expert Archer 5 upgrade on Hurricane Fury is not cheap by any means.

#372 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:48 AM

You realize that he made this back in january 2014 right?

#373 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

The titlte of this topic should be changed to (Work in not so much progress).

This is pretty outdated now

#374 burcoker

burcoker

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

Can I also get some advices on my mvp gene skill build?

http://irowiki.org/~...FqsrFknrA2eakwY

for stats, i'm just gonna go with the stats in this post, but i'm not sure about the skills, help pls! :thx:

*Potion reserach 10 for more effective pot recovers,

*Sword mastery is useless, workin with one handed swords and its not necesarry if you wont use twin edge or something.

*Demonic + Fire Expansion 5 lvl is good but if you have very good cast. If you don't use mjolnir or have no good dex/int or spell. You can also can use 1 lvl demonic +5 lvl fire expansion to cast it faster. Dmg is so similar.

*Crazy Vine you will need it. Make it 1 LVL max, it removes debuffs by mvps. Like fallen bishop's pneuma or if some mvp or monster hide from you and you can even dmg them with crazy vine.

*Blood sucker is not necesarry but useful for some situations you can keep it. (Personally I never use it, just thorn trap and crazy weed helps me a lot)

Rest of all skills are fine. Geneticist is always have free skill points to give, you don't have to worry too much :)

Edited by burcoker, 04 June 2016 - 11:15 AM.

#375 jonkila

jonkila

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:55 AM

if we have 100% of cast reduccion in equipment do we still need the dex for a PvM CC and AB Build i was thinking that the extra point is better use on others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users