Mass Suspensions Oh My! - Page 13 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Mass Suspensions Oh My!

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#301 Sydra

Sydra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationKorea
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

more money to botters means more military funds for china and north korea. :p_omg:

#302 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

do they suspend account till january 2020 for ill manner????

Oh, my bad. I thought you were just saying it got released by itself for a week lol! You were probably caught in some kind of banning cross fire.

#303 Mestra

Mestra

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

watching people with the user name 4259480947078490628908 complain about being banned for botting has got to be the funniest part about this thread. 

Sadly the only thing this ban did for classic was double the bots at goats and put a nose dive on the price of Ahorns as all these stupid website restock their zeny reserves -_-. Perhaps having a right click "report for botting" option could be implemented to help assist GMS in knowing whom they should look at and all it takes is one simple TP to an unknown area to prove its a bot. (sorry if it was suggested earlier didn't have time to read all 15 pages of botters and rwmt's claiming it was a gift from a friend) 

#304 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

watching people with the user name 4259480947078490628908 complain about being banned for botting has got to be the funniest part about this thread. 

Sadly the only thing this ban did for classic was double the bots at goats and put a nose dive on the price of Ahorns as all these stupid website restock their zeny reserves -_-. Perhaps having a right click "report for botting" option could be implemented to help assist GMS in knowing whom they should look at and all it takes is one simple TP to an unknown area to prove its a bot. (sorry if it was suggested earlier didn't have time to read all 15 pages of botters and rwmt's claiming it was a gift from a friend) 

I have let the bot hunters know.

#305 shizukaa

shizukaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:54 AM

so its quite true that bots are directly or indirectly destroying the RO market. normally when TI involve with some rare card like Raydric or as i remember correctly, Abysmal knight card, the price should be reduce but because of bots, the price keeps unchange.. in one way is bad, coz all zeny we spend will brings benefit to bots, but on the other hand, is it good coz we still can keep the price?? I remember i got 1 abysmal card in hundreds of farm, worthed like 80m. then TI came, the price dramatically declined to like 36m - -b 

#306 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

so its quite true that bots are directly or indirectly destroying the RO market. normally when TI involve with some rare card like Raydric or as i remember correctly, Abysmal knight card, the price should be reduce but because of bots, the price keeps unchange.. in one way is bad, coz all zeny we spend will brings benefit to bots, but on the other hand, is it good coz we still can keep the price?? I remember i got 1 abysmal card in hundreds of farm, worthed like 80m. then TI came, the price dramatically declined to like 36m - -b 

Following the trend in economics, prices should ultimately inflate rapidly before it will eventually plummet or decrease exponentially. This will only happen if the zeny flow, supplies, items, etc from bots is almost completely ceased or completely eradicated.

Players will notice supply from whatever has stopped and will thus inflate their own prices of the things they've farmed legit or stockpiled on their own to make as much profits as possible. Eventually the spending ceases as the prices become too high. If spending ceases, sellers who need the zeny will eventually start dropping their prices to where they will sell. How low it goes depends on the zeny that comes in from players and the supply and demand, but it would take a long time for the market to stabilize after all the damage the bots have done over the years. I also believe it's not possible to completely eradicate bots unless you plan to go all Gung-Ho on them (Pun intended, because that's a reference to the jRO server and its...super low market prices as a result of lack of bots due to extreme IP restrictions for its players.).

But yes, out of all the types of botting, zeny selling bots do the most damage to the game. This is because they are constantly injecting botted zeny into the market.

Edited by GuardianTK, 19 January 2014 - 11:37 PM.

#307 4404131106114136090

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

OT

Where can we check support ticket?

#308 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx

#309 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Warpportal should probably make any warnings clearly state Buy or Sell since now they are trying to buy zeny from players as well.
So they are probably trying to regain zeny as well as disburse the source of zeny for their transactions.

Untitled_zpsdf336204.png

#310 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

just wanna confirm this, goats has been pretty botty before today :C i mean it's nice when they hold on to the harpies or keep up the spawn, but it's not THAT nice. HOWEVER, just finished doing some goats and it seems a bit cleaner. there was still one group and i think a few solos but still, a nice cleaning imo !!

#311 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

Warpportal should probably make any warnings clearly state Buy or Sell since now they are trying to buy zeny from players as well.
So they are probably trying to regain zeny as well as disburse the source of zeny for their transactions.

Untitled_zpsdf336204.png

Well not long ago I remember they even sell equipments too. That make me wonder if the bot fighting cause had done any damage to the botters at all, cause they keep expanding into new aspects of the market everyday.

#312 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:59 AM

As someone who rolled 2 permanent novices and 3 super novices and in general hang around lowbies as much as I possibly can, in my experience, I've seen no one handing out hundreds of millions of zenny, especially not as a novice character.

You might see someone give you a mil zenny, maybe 10 mil if extremely generous. Not hundreds of mil or even a bil. Roll some common sense into your stats.

#313 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Yeah there are so many freaking priest bots and bots in general on the TI map for goats on classic.  So ridiculous.

#314 leetkrew2

leetkrew2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:50 AM

more money to botters means more military funds for china and north korea. :p_omg:

buying zennies via kafra points will benefit both American and South Korean economy, and they can fund up the development of KAI FA-50 for Philippine military.

#315 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

maybe the GMs should put another NPC in izlude right when people get off the ship that spams telling players that botting and buying zeny/RMT is bannable... kinda like the NPC that spams the SIT commands right outside izlude

#316 leetkrew2

leetkrew2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:58 AM

maybe the GMs should put another NPC in izlude right when people get off the ship that spams telling players that botting and buying zeny/RMT is bannable... kinda like the NPC that spams the SIT commands right outside izlude

also warn people about skill abuse and kill stealing.

bots uses NPCs to store and sell their loots. we can do one of the following:

i. captcha before character select

ii. or captcha every time we use merchant/storage NPC

Edited by leetkrew2, 24 January 2014 - 02:10 AM.

#317 leetkrew2

leetkrew2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

is this legal?

i am going to do some guild's website or make a guild emblem for them in exchange of zenny. setting up a guild's website usually costs a billion zennies

#318 godtheberg

godtheberg

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

How long does it usually take tickets to get responded to? I was banned on Tuesday(21 jan) while I was offline and I'm really puzzled why I am banned till the year 2067 on both my vip accounts? I have been playing ro for awhile so I know the rules. I have never been banned before and this feels like a slap to the face because I really cannot think of 1 reason why I would be banned for. 

My VIP time is ticking and can anyone give me some advice on how to get this resolved?

Edited by godtheberg, 24 January 2014 - 07:15 AM.

#319 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

:omg: too many pages. Just one question are people getting banned for buying from shops in pront owned by botters? I don't wanna end up getting banned wile shopping in prontera.

#320 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

No

You basically had to have gotten funds directly from a bot distributor in a one sided trade

IE

Bot123 trades you 1B
You trade nothing

Responses are usually 24-48 hours to get a hey your ticket is on queue and then around 5-10 business days
If not you can start harrassing Oda or Camp or that other dude who is a CM with your ticket number and information.

Usually a 2067 ban is a perm ban, if it's their fault you can probably argue and have them extend your VIPness.

Edited by Himeyasha, 24 January 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#321 godtheberg

godtheberg

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

No

You basically had to have gotten funds directly from a bot distributor in a one sided trade

IE

Bot123 trades you 1B
You trade nothing

Responses are usually 24-48 hours to get a hey your ticket is on queue and then around 5-10 business days
If not you can start harrassing Oda or Camp or that other dude who is a CM with your ticket number and information.

Usually a 2067 ban is a perm ban, if it's their fault you can probably argue and have them extend your VIPness.

The last thing I did before I was banned was, I was with my guild lvling in magma dungeon lvl 2 on my ranger and AB, made my first 100 mill by buying a grove box, getting safe to +10 and selling it with my merchant. Gave my ranger 100 mill,logged off to go sleep. Wake up and banned till 2067 on my ranger and AB :|!

It boggles my mind why would I get banned till 2067. Sent a ticket and nothing, no email, no ticket info, nothing.

Thanks for the reply btw! Your the first person to pay any attention in 3 days besides my guild xD!

Edited by godtheberg, 24 January 2014 - 03:57 PM.

#322 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

You can check your ticket by making a support account and linking your email/ticket number to that support account.

You won't get emailed responses from GMs. So don't wait at your email.
Their support system is not terribly efficient.

I'm under the impression 2067 is perm ban and 2020 is the temp ban for review.
That usually means you were botting or a zeny seller.
If you have a dynamic IP and happen to share an IP with a bot farmer you may also have been banned because of that.

If it autocloses with no answer or something reopen it until you get an answer. It shouldn't autoclose without an answer.

#323 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Dont bother to release noone.

#324 abgbudin

abgbudin

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Same as godtheberg, I've also got suspended on 21st and can't log in till 2067.. I believe I'm one of this operation's victim and I'm tired of waiting.. can't you GMs team check with whom me dealing with before banning me?? this is so annoying..

#325 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

is this legal?

i am going to do some guild's website or make a guild emblem for them in exchange of zenny. setting up a guild's website usually costs a billion zennies

It's kind of technically RMT. Being paid by in-game currency for something outside iRO walls. Although it isn't as bad as exchanging it for cash, I myself have paid for artwork through Zeny. (example being the Bard, Ranger, Maestro and Warlock one) I wouldn't advertise the fact that's what your doing, and I guess 1bn is a little steep. Just be sure that the zeny you are going to receive is from a trust worthy source. Just remember, transfers of high zeny amouints for an exchange of nothing flags up as suspicious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users