This build is for a Charm mage that will make heavy use of Windwalker for survival and can kill raiders.
You will want relatively high dex so that Windwalker has some dodge to enhance. Depending on what gems you will use and what accessory set/mix, you can lower Dex and put in more Sen/Cha/Int/Str.
Mana shield is a must for survival, especially for a runner type. Mental Focus gives 20% additional dmg on top of cleric's valkryie charm (15%) for a total of 35% additional dmg.
Unique skills: Technique of Magi (5% skill power, 3m skill range) [5sp], (Optional) PvP Thunderstorm (70% stun rate) [2sp],
Notice that skill range passive in Offensive tab is only lvl2 and Skill Power passive in Mage tab is only lvl4. Technique of Magi makes up for not maxing these two passives. You will have 30m skill range.
Cold Snap is only lvl1and meteorite flow because I run out of skill points. If you don't want PvP Thunderstorm, just put the 2sp into cold snap or the skill power passive.
This build takes Accu passives because it needs to kill the millions of raiders that like to stealth and ambush and kill you in a few seconds. As charm mage, you can accu down the raiders (one at a time if there are many..) for slightly longer survival time, thus letting you skill more times and kill them before they kill you. Raiders don't usually have great accu, and Windwalker will give pretty decent dodge to survive those 2 or 3 extra hits for that one AOE.
If you don't want Accu passives so that you have 30sp more to put into the Fire tree (like the old build in Spoiler tab below), you will have to rely on lava set and dodge debuff aoes. It will still work but may be harder to survive raider ambush.
Equipment: Precious Orlean (D7/Top7/Leo/J7/Tan7), Orlean Backshield (25/50, 60/40), Style Sunglasses (25/50), Hiria's Tear (D7/T7/Leo), Magical Set (Top7/Leo/J7), Hebarn Set (Top7/Leo/D7), Shattered Hope (D7/Top7/Leo/J7/Tan7), Luminous or Chiva Orlean (D7/Top7/Leo/J7/Tan7)
If you want to lower Dex slightly, then you will use a mix of Topaz7 and Jade7 instead of a bunch of Leo (Int/Dex) stones. D7 is always an option if you want more AP than a Top7 since Top7 won't do much for debuffs. Tan7 is also always an option if you want to rely more on high crits instead of decently high normal dmg.
If you want a little more AP without losing too much MSPD, you can go Half Preci and Half Lumi. And of course if enemy team has no raiders or anyone scary that you need to run away from, just go with Chiva to do lots of damage. Since lots of champs and almost all other classes are putting on Preci and speed sets, it will be unlikely that Chiva is a safe option unless you have fellow mages to back you up.
Standard acc set is usually something like: Magical Top7 earring - Hiria's Tear D7 - Hebarn D7 ring
Always keep Hiria's Tear on as necklace because it gives a lot to your debuffs. I would not recommend full Magical set because it does not give enough dodge to make up for much less AP/Crit from missing Hebarn piece.
Personally I don't recommend lowering Dex because it gives you more equipment choice without making the dodge that you get from Windwalker completely silly and useless.
Aural Pierce: 1.6-1.7k
How to survive [multiple] raider ambush: Use MSPD down aoe and run a little further. Use Accu down (Soul Electric I think it was called?), Hurricane (dodge down), voltage jolt, and Thunderstorm to proc Windwalker. Lure raiders away from cleric to kill one at a time or into giant mob so you can aoe everything. If you are in full Preci, you will be faster than most raiders with max stacks of Windwalker.
Edited by Nifa, 06 April 2014 - 03:28 PM.