Killer Tofu's Ultimate Guide to the Mado Mechanic - Page 2 - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Killer Tofu's Ultimate Guide to the Mado Mechanic

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:17 PM

I can feel a difference from having 1 agi, then having 30 agi. But what do I know I only mained the class for 10 years.

#27 THBronx

THBronx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:59 AM

Lol you back?! I never saw you here@Warpportal, only@IroWiki Forums!! I followed ur thread there for so many years! ("The "help me with my build" thread, Blacksmith/Mastersmith/Mechanic Edition").

Edited by THBronx, 22 December 2014 - 12:59 AM.

#28 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

Seems a fitting place to ask:

Do we know the full formula for Arm Cannon? 

How big is the trade off of say weapon ATK to % boosts? 

In the guide it mentions that the formula is heavily benefited from ATK but I can't find any specifics (wiki doesn't list the full formula), unless it seriously is just 'damage%' but given how it can double buff from cannonball + endow, I'm led to believe there is more to it than just that.

I guess what I'm asking is, is a pile punker worth making or should I stick to a triple AS RTE or a double AS+EA/EA erde? I'd like to keep my Brocca if possible, but if the trade-off in damage is _huge_ then the pile bunker would be worth it. On the other hand, if I can get less but still comparable damage from a ranged % weapon that I can also share with my gen or even my RK then I'd rather go that route. 

Edited by mikayel, 26 February 2015 - 06:14 PM.

#29 Indaliceo

Indaliceo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

Do we know the full formula for Arm Cannon? 

Not sure if it's changed but pretty sure it's:

Small Monster: ATK [ { ( Skill Level x 400 ) + 300 } x Caster’s Base Level / 120 ] %

Medium Monster: ATK { { ( Skill Level x 350 ) + 300 } x Caster’s Base Level / 120 ] %

Large Monster: ATK [ { ( Skill Level x 300 ) + 300 } x Caster’s Base Level / 120 ] %

The damage for Arm Cannon is really weird though since there's basically 2 different damage checks:  First part is based on your stats and equipped cannon ball (this part is reduced by ele resistance and target defense), and then second is calculated based on your attack power and is decreased by enemy size modifiers and target defense again.  

I'm by no means an expert on Mech at this point but I think the only weapon that would come close to the damage of pile bunker would be a triple archer skel red twin edge.

Edit: The reason you can double up ele weakness is because they have 2 damage checks in the skill.

Edited by Indaliceo, 27 February 2015 - 09:53 AM.

#30 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

I don't think anything one-handed even comes close to the Pile Bunker. I think it even beats Mjolnir for pure damage.

An HF might come close or beat the Pile Bunker on large monsters, but it's also two handed.

If your Brocca is upgraded, then just buy an un-upgraded one to make a Pile Bunker out of.

#31 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

Thanks for posting that Indaliceo, but I found the same formula. The reason I asked for 'full' was because I can't help but feel like it's missing a portion or two. Still, guess I'll ultimately have to test and see. The damage just seems strange unless I'm underestimating just how much the Pile Bunker's atk + cannonball atk really stack up. 

I guess since Brocca is only 30m it's not that big a deal to buy another one. 

#32 equisce

equisce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationmexico

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

this guide need to add this card:

menblatt-card 
%EB%A7%A8%EB%B8%94%EB%A6%BF%EC%B9%B4%EB%

Long-ranged Attack Strength +1% for every 10 pure DEX. 

today I have mine

2na7mep.jpg

#33 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

Last Active Feb 28 2014 05:00 PM

ugh...

#34 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

You can update the wiki guide if you want to; everyone has access there.

Or maybe a mod will help you put in an update.

Menblatt is somewhat questionable in terms of applicable uses... since the garment is usually one of the main reductions sources. It'd be decent if someone is tanking for you on a sura or something and the mosnters / MVP doesn't have a big AOE.

#35 Raymond325

Raymond325

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:07 PM

Is there an update for this thread? I'd like to know if the Fire Earth Research is still bugged? Anyone tried it if the ATK adds up?

#36 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:06 AM

I've been away for a while and even more away from the Mech class. I'm not sure what the current trends are.

@Indaliceo

Arm's Cannon Damage is a little weird compared to most other classes. Don't sweat it, it's actually really useful for Mechs.

You can get 90 ~ 100k Arm Cannon dmg against certain monsters and MVP's. If you pay attention to the cannon ball and what element you're using.

It's super effective against Shadow and Holy Enemies.

I haven't tried it yet, just a theory. Mechs should be able to kill Randell's pretty fast compared to Rangers and even RK's. Just switch to Dark Cannon Balls and pop a Cursed Water. In strings the damage can be great. You could also use the Pile Bunker skill to debuff the Randels and Chen's. Getting rid of the Randel's Defending Aura should be top priority.

@equisce

I didn't even know what a Menblatt is. I've been away that long.

The only way I can see that card as useful is with at least 100dex, Which I would recommend anyway. If you put it into an Expert Archer enchanted Fallen Angel Wing, It should boost Mado skills damage significantly.

I would garment switch between that and a Immune Nidd Garb.

@Raymond325

I'm not sure about Fire/Earth Research, I haven't tested it.

#37 DaiHao

DaiHao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:09 AM

I have some questions about Arm Cannon on iRo because this http://irowiki.org/wiki/Arm_Cannon outdated :
- Does it really have two damage parts and its damage boost like the element tricks (Aspersio + Holy Cannonball, Cursed Water + Dark Cannonball) or only have the damage from the formula and atk from cannonballs just is Equipment atk like ranger's arrows or zipper bear card ?
- Does it can hit Ghost 3 4 like Beelz with Soul Cannonball or just endow element that can hit him ?
Sorry for those noob questions because most on private servers i played (its source from herc or rathena), AC didn't have the trick elements and it can hit Ghost monsters with Soul Cannonball.

Edited by DaiHao, 23 July 2015 - 12:14 AM.

#38 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:32 AM

1. yes

2. no

#39 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:20 AM

Finally got a Mado mech on a sec alt up.

My question is, do the KVM Slaughter effects from KVM Axes or Morning Star affect Arm Cannon signigicantly or is it reall just about pure ATK/STR monster type Mechanic for Max damage?

#40 ems422

ems422

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

it does but you need to have it +12-14 to see the diference in damage, pile bunker will do more damage if kvm its less than +12 cuz of its ammount of attack

#41 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:28 AM

Going to dust off my mech, but was wondering what's the current meta on temporal boots? Dex or str? Also assuming optimal enchants would be ea4/bp?

#42 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:51 AM

Dex ea4 BP/LD/HE(for knuckle boost)

#43 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:10 AM

Thanks. is the gap between temp dex and temp str boots fairly wide? Because if it's not i might just go with the temp str ea4/bp boots i already have and not bother getting another one

#44 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:22 AM

The 0.5s less fixed cast increase your dps way too much to use str instead

#45 johnnycakes

johnnycakes

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

It's really a matter of preference. I tested both and prefered the Temp Dex. I liked Lucky Day, the MVP spam never gets old for me. Hawkeye increases Knuckle Boost by a decent amount

Try using temp Dex with a couple of Expert Rings for some fun spamming of Arm Cannon lvl 2.

#46 Raymond325

Raymond325

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:12 AM

Do the Fire Research bug fixed? I think I put 1 pt into this before knowing that the reduction is a newbie. lol

#47 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:23 AM

fixed as of? i think that is how the skill behaves, it is not hurt to take 1 point since it is a prereq for other skill.

#48 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:16 AM

Does irowiki info about Axe skills reliable or someone is trolling? On the end note, Axe skills (Boomerang, Tornado, Power Swing) can be used while in Mado. Is that true?

#49 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:53 AM

true. i often pvp using axe boomerang with my mado on for good mobility

Edited by fuyukikun, 30 July 2016 - 07:54 AM.

#50 powerhausman

powerhausman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:43 PM

is the double element bonus still applying?

i remember i use holy cannon and excalibur on dark elem monster but no significant dmg boost i saw then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users