Feedback Type: Skills
Skill (If Applicable): Mage/Sorcerer Skills
1) Cold Bolt – the only bolt skill to not gain a lvl 6-10 increase with master level. I believe the movement speed decrease should be spread across the lvls. Example:
a. Lvl 1 – 30%, Lvl 2 – 35%, lvl 3 – 40%, lvl 4 – 45%, lvl 5 – 50%
b. This should be done in addition to increasing the bolts to lvl 10 as should have been intended. It doesn’t make sense for this to be the only one that isn’t. How un-RO-like is that?
2) Frost Diver – The cast time for this skill should be slightly decreased I think. Probably by a margin of 0.5 to 1sec. It can’t be too fast as that would be advantageous, but increasing it by that much allows for better use of the skill. The cooldown takes care of keeping it in check.
3) Water Emblem – At lvl 5 -10% damage reduction and heals 5% hp/sp every 10 seconds. Pre-AoV, this skill was absolutely worthless because the difference was barely noticeable. During AoV, the only purpose it serves is restoring SP because our sp consumption is through the roof. Even if you play conservatively, master lvls are constantly using pots and for lvl 1-50, its too much. My suggestion:
a. Increase damage reduction to 20% and healing HP 10% with SP either 5%/10%. I haven’t decided which one of those is better.
4) Lightning Bolt – The old lightning bolt was used just for lvl 1 as a quick spell skill and
a. The Shock effect should have 30-50% chance of activating and should deal up to 75% matk on lvl 3 to 10.
b. Not lvl 1 or 2, that would make skill builds and such too easy to have access to the Shock Effect.
5) Wind Emblem
a. The skill description should says Increases Cast Speed. It currently does not, but we know it does.
b. The magic classes have no use for Haste whatsoever. This should be removed completely or give a new effect.
1) Summon Aqua – This skill is still constantly missing and whatever not. It does the same amount of damage as Cold Bolt lvl 1-5, exactly the same. Currently, everyone only invests 1 point into it to get past the skill as there is no reason to do so otherwise.
a. Add an effect to Aqua’s spear in such that it has a small chance 10-20% of freezing the target.
b. Increasing the damage ever so slightly more than Cold Bolt
i. 275% 300% 330% 365% 400%
2) Healing Wave AND Rejuvenation – Both are our main healing skills. Currently as it stands, both Priest and SM can cast some healing skills while running, yet we can’t. I think either one of these skills should be able to do that, but NOT both.
a. Make either HW or Reju be able to use while running.
b. Reju should be an AoE Heal like Highness Heal.
3) Soul Cleanse – This skill should heal ALL debuffs and have an increased range.
4) Deluge – This is our last resort or “Oh sh…” button. Since AoV, this skill has no use whatsoever. Until character-monster stats balancing happens (hmph), this will continue being worthless. However:
a. The range of this skill should be increased from 10m to 15m. It should be a longer reach than Land of Recovery at least.
5) Meditation – This has always just been sitting in the background. Doesn’t really do much at all. And adding to crit heals really doesn’t matter. Either option I think sounds better than current.
a. Make it instead of hit, use wis instead
b. Our healing effect by a max of 0.01%, 0.02%, 0.03% to lvl 5 per Wis. With 1000wis (I have currently 217wis, no base pts) = 50% added healing effect.
c. Current numbers above need adjusting I'm sure and its just an example. Thus increasing costs of healing skills a bit to make up for increased wis in balancing
6) Jupiter Thunder and Varetyr Spear – Our two best skills for our class. Mjolnir if you want to call it that. As such, a few changes need to be made. Currently as it stands, JT lvl 6 is 896% matk while Spear lvl 5 is 800% Any class’s finisher should ALWAYS be better than any other skill.
a. Jupiter Thunder – Skill lvl decreased to lvl 5 in order to approve the below change
b. Varetyr Spear – At least lvl increased to 7 with the above changed if worried about too much dps at our disposal (muwahaha).
c. This suggestion is also going with the point of increasing our dmg % for some skills.
7) Earth Emblem – Always has been great thus far. Just something I’d like to change since AoV
a. Have the HoT when a critical heal lands to 25% to 50% over the 5 lvls from 20% to 30%.
b. At Master Lvl 14 with Menace Staff, Armor, and Accessories when I crit heal, it heals the target for an extra 220 per tick for 6 secs. I’m seeing that it is every 2sec so for a total of 660hp? That truly doesn't make a difference.
8) Land of Recovery – love this skill throughout playing as a sorc just…
a. MAKE IT CRIT AGAIN – thank you
Edited by AuroraSkye, 26 February 2014 - 02:05 PM.