#51 kingpot

kingpot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:12 AM

it's cold bolt, i had the same confusion when i came back to the game because the description was wrong but actually now it shows correct to me for some time

about maxing LB, if you want to go for it, wait til you buy the extra 20 skill points (with ML points) 

about lvl 6 JT mastery, i think very few ppl go for it as it is now, most keep it on lvl 3, so that the trigger with be CB, from lvl 4 the trigger changes to LB

CB has more dps and triggers power of crest, for me LB is only useful while you are on the run :) kiting, pvp purposes, on for killing low lvl mobs, not so much for normal pve

ps. don't forget to always use LOV with the electrostatic buff from thunder storm like tonitrua wrote

Thanks! So much better to put the JT Mastery on level 3 only.. I already started last night. Im on level 16 now. haha

pm me ingame or add me KGxOMG

#52 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:35 AM

okii i'll add you when i'll be home

also i wouldn't invest the points in JT Mastery yet (I'd leave it for later when you buy additional skill points) 

good luck with leveling your sorc!

ask for help in search party chat for dungeons 

#53 kingpot

kingpot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:39 AM

okii i'll add you when i'll be home

also i wouldn't invest the points in JT Mastery yet (I'd leave it for later when you buy additional skill points) 

good luck with leveling your sorc!

ask for help in search party chat for dungeons 

Thanks.. See you soon then. Hmmm.. is there any Skill reset scroll here when you change job? 

#54 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

CB has more dps and triggers power of crest, for me LB is only useful while you are on the run :) kiting, pvp purposes, on for killing low lvl mobs, not so much for normal pve

Actually, cold bolt has quite a similar DPS ratio, however the Lightning Bolt requires more skill points

Cold Bolt: 383% damage, 0,5sec cooldown = ~255% damage per second with zero casting speed (~300% with 50% cast speed)

Lightning Bolt: 305% damage, no cooldown = ~305% damage per second and this doesn't include the DoT

With zero cast speed, the total recast time of 3 Lighting Bolts would be equal to 2 Cold Bolts instead, so the different trigger chances on JT-Mastery are reasonable

Sadly, the Wind Emblem is still limited to Cold Bolt alone. (Would be much cooler, if the chance for the 'freeze' status would be added directly to the Cold Bolt skill)

Edited by Greven79, 29 July 2014 - 07:28 AM.

#55 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:56 PM

yes, you are right, i was only thinking of total dmg/each 

so to correct it:

CB and LB have comparable dps (dependant on your cast speed) but CB triggers power of crest and requires a lot less skill points

nope, there was no reset skill at lvl 25 when i changed at least and i think that has not been changed

but you can buy one from AH (but it's expensive) or from the Item Mall with real $$

sometimes they give out reset scrolls tho, for example we had a letter event recently where you could exchange letters that dropped from mobs for various items including reset ticket (but yes you had to farm a lot)

#56 kingpot

kingpot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

yes, you are right, i was only thinking of total dmg/each 

so to correct it:

CB and LB have comparable dps (dependant on your cast speed) but CB triggers power of crest and requires a lot less skill points

nope, there was no reset skill at lvl 25 when i changed at least and i think that has not been changed

but you can buy one from AH (but it's expensive) or from the Item Mall with real $$

sometimes they give out reset scrolls tho, for example we had a letter event recently where you could exchange letters that dropped from mobs for various items including reset ticket (but yes you had to farm a lot)

I think I'll go for CB. Slow is much better than the shock that comes with LB.. hmmm

#57 kingpot

kingpot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

My skill stats are reset when I change to sorc :)

#58 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

My skill stats are reset when I change to sorc :)

ah nice :) but well when i started my sorc i din't even get that starting pack they give out now

#59 kingpot

kingpot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

ah nice :) but well when i started my sorc i din't even get that starting pack they give out now

There was no scroll at all. Just when you change to sorc, your skill are reset as well as your stats. Sweet! :)

#60 joorgeerdz1

joorgeerdz1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMonterrey

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

sure no problem :) well being a member of a guild always adds bonuses (depending on the guild skills that guild has maxed or not), but you only gain hp buff (and also movement buff) if you are in a guild that holds a fort (500 hp) or a castle (1000 hp).
if you have stat reset you can experiment a little with your stat distribution (but do it later on), some prefer to put points in agi/vit also
i tried going full agi or half int half agi also
agi is good for the crit but after they nerfed agi meh for me it was better with full int

i'm also trying to lvl a knight and it's a bit challenging for me cause i only played magic classes with heals til now (sorc, priest, sm), but it's kinda fun tho i am mostly clueless about knight :) still trying to figure out a good stat/skill points distribution

hey good luck :)

http://www.roguard.n...41611365555111/

here is the build i am using now
it includes the 20 skill points that you can buy later on with ML points

i put the points in fireball for the dot, if you want to focus on dps you may want to get it, if not you can put those points elsewhere
also del is not much needed atm, if you want to focus on pvp you might want to put points in lighting bolt or memorize

also, for griding i used another build with max fire emblem to boost my aoe, but i don't think you want to keep reseting either :)

i don't know what lvl you are now, but i guess i would start by maxing cold bold, JT, VS, wind emblem, and only after i would go for the heals, but again depens on your play style
leave maxing LOV for the end but do it cause you will need that to grind after you turn ML

I believe your build will help me too (:
thanks!

And yes, i believe i have one scroll but i will save it for later, and going full Int sounds the best option, for now i have some points on agi, so i will use all my remaining points on Int (;

The other day i tried to become ML with my knight but i'm dying a lot in the quest D: the 5 mobs i must kill punish me so fast :P

Edited by joorgeerdz1, 31 July 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#61 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

glad to help :)

i wrote some suggestions for passing the ml exam in the knight thread, good luck with that :) i'll probably have to pass it soon with my knight too 

but i was lazy to lvl it up lately XD

#62 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

I think I'll go for CB. Slow is much better than the shock that comes with LB.. hmmm

I did the same, but not for the 'slow' reason. It's a visual thing though. Personally, I prefer to see Jupitel Thunder or Varetyr Spear dealing high amounts of damage. Stacking up 'low' DoT numbers just doesn't feel the same.

However, I've never tested the overall result carefully enough to state which one creates a higher DPS result.

Edited by Greven79, 04 August 2014 - 07:23 AM.

#63 kingpot

kingpot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

Full agi sorc.. Any thoughts guys? :)

#64 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

Bad idea. Either u go full int or half int half vit or full vit (my own recommendation)

#65 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

actually i was talking to someone yesterday that told me he went full agi with his sorc

he did have some good arguments there but i don't know.. i tested full agi before and it just didn't work out for me..

#66 SolM77186

SolM77186

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

I think bensch is right, i'm not a major about sorcerer, mostly about priest, then maybe i ain't the good one to give advices but one friend told me that full agi isn't bad if you want to be a crit type, but he was not only AGI, he did full vit about stat then his hon were Vit/agi and his rune were also Vit/agi, but to be honnest for priest it would not be a good way for me to do this cause our crit aren't like yours but me i hade some extra stat reset with the event some months ago, then as long you have some of those you still can try to find the best way, but at least i'm sure about "full int isn't a goo way" about PVP and in PVE i think VIT/int will be the most decent about PVE stuff.

#67 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

yeah best way to make sure you have the right build for you is to test it

a lot of people go vit now, for survivability reasons and it makes sense, but grrr i just can't bring myself to put points in vit XD

#68 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:00 PM

I did the same, but not for the 'slow' reason. It's a visual thing though. Personally, I prefer to see Jupitel Thunder or Varetyr Spear dealing high amounts of damage. Stacking up 'low' DoT numbers just doesn't feel the same.

However, I've never tested the overall result carefully enough to state which one creates a higher DPS result.

if you do, let us know

actually i'm curious now 

but yeah, like you i'd prefer to see JT and VS do a lot of dmg :)

Edited by xMagik, 05 August 2014 - 11:01 PM.

#69 kingpot

kingpot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

Q> Does the Summon Aqua's Cold Bolt will also trigger the effect of wind emblem?

#70 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

Q> Does the Summon Aqua's Cold Bolt will also trigger the effect of wind emblem?

Only cold bolt skill itself (correct me if im wrong pro sorcs)

Edited by Bensch, 15 August 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#71 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

I just come up idea that : seen sorc don't have so much stun skill and frost diver miss most of time nowadaywhy not change the shock effect of LB to stun affect ( success rate is 10% at 10/10) for 3s-4s xD

#72 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

I just come up idea that : seen sorc don't have so much stun skill and frost diver miss most of time nowadaywhy not change the shock effect of LB to stun affect ( success rate is 10% at 10/10) for 3s-4s xD

I already suggested this a while ago, but I would definitely keep the shock duration low or make it more dependant on another skill / effect (f.e. while having the Electrostatic buff).

You could test the result of your suggestion already by adding a 'Shock' 10% seedrune to your weapon. Because this rune definitely needs to be banned (as it creates huge inbalance with skills like Brandish Storm, etc. that trigger up to 10 times in quick successsion), it would still be possible to keep the effect for a few classes / skills.

#73 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

shock 10% oo, i though it's now a legend, unless u got this seed when chaos out xD, no ?

#74 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:52 PM

You could test the result of your suggestion already by adding a 'Shock' 10% seedrune to your weapon. Because this rune definitely needs to be banned (as it creates huge inbalance with skills like Brandish Storm, etc. that trigger up to 10 times in quick successsion), it would still be possible to keep the effect for a few classes / skills.

Well its a good thing anything greater then shock 5 is very rare and extremely limited on the server, so I don't see how the rune needs to be banned :3

Anyways, I had previously maxed out LB (10/10) and had a shock rune greater then 5, and the shock obviously activated alot, but now my LB is (5/10) and I'm still seeing the same result. So its a matter of the actual percent of the shock rune which is doing the stunning affect rather than the bonus of the skill because the description states "may cause"... as in a low chance...

#75 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

Well its a good thing anything greater then shock 5 is very rare and extremely limited on the server, so I don't see how the rune needs to be banned :3

As I've written, it's not necessarily the percentage, but the possibility for a few classes to amplify the effect when using "hit-often" skills like Brandish Storm, etc. Even a 5% rune would result in a statistically 50% chance to stun the target on every Brandish Storm activation f.e.

Anyways, I had previously maxed out LB (10/10) and had a shock rune greater then 5, and the shock obviously activated alot, but now my LB is (5/10) and I'm still seeing the same result. So its a matter of the actual percent of the shock rune which is doing the stunning affect rather than the bonus of the skill because the description states "may cause"... as in a low chance...

The shock rune isn't affected by the skill level (of course). I wrote my last reply because it allows you to test a suggested stun percentage right now already. Keep in mind that a frequent stun results in even more interrupted Fireballs and Jupitel Thunders... and you already recognized that as a "bad thing" in a different thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users