Disabling certain sounds in-game? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Disabling certain sounds in-game?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Konpachi

Konpachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 393 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

I'm trying to find a way to shut off the warp sound when I'm in Eden (just gets annoying after a while).

Is there a folder in which all the .wav (or whatever format) files are kept that I can delete that specific sound so it won't work in-game?

#2 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

It would require editing your GRF which is bannable.

Just add /sound to your shortcuts list for quick access? Or if you are in a chat room and still want to hear the dings when people enter use /tingonly

Edited by Toxn, 05 March 2014 - 12:53 PM.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Yeah, you'd have to modify the GRF. I never bothered doing this (though really, in eden you should just have tingonly). I want to do this for bard songs, because hearing that play over music you might be listening to while playing RO is sounds dreadful. 

#4 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

I want to do this for bard songs

But spamming magic strings over and over and over and over again and having its music overlap is beautiful :v

#5 Konpachi

Konpachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Just add /sound to your shortcuts list for quick access? Or if you are in a chat room and still want to hear the dings when people enter use /tingonly

UGH! Toxn I could hug you! :lol:

It was getting unbearable with the buffs, warps and bard songs. Now I can listen to my music in peace and still hear people coming into my window. THANK YOU!  :ani_meow:

#6 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, you'd have to modify the GRF. I never bothered doing this (though really, in eden you should just have tingonly). I want to do this for bard songs, because hearing that play over music you might be listening to while playing RO is sounds dreadful. 

This....I hate when people are spamming them...and I'm listening to music(which is whenever I'm at my computer...never have the games music playing, always my own).

#7 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

I am severely distrustful of game sounds since they implemented pet noises. We used to kill one of the girls from another guild on old Loki in WoE just because she kept her baby desert wolf out at our afk spot all day.

#8 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

I am severely distrustful of game sounds since they implemented pet noises. We used to kill one of the girls from another guild on old Loki in WoE just because she kept her baby desert wolf out at our afk spot all day.

That's not a Pet, that's a Mercenary from the Ranger Job change Quest.

#9 Demun

Demun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:04 AM

Thank You

#10 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:29 AM

Toasting in a necro'd topic. 5 years, wow. 

But FWIW, Toxn's post is now partially incorrect. GRF editing is allowed in certain circumstances, although I haven't heard an official ruling either way on sounds. Personally, I don't see the harm in doing something like shortening the Magic Strings song to 1 or 2 sec.

But yeah, throw /sound and /bgm on the Alt+M shortcuts, super handy there. /leave is another nice one imo.

#11 Demun

Demun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:50 AM

Toasting in a necro'd topic. 5 years, wow. 

But FWIW, Toxn's post is now partially incorrect. GRF editing is allowed in certain circumstances, although I haven't heard an official ruling either way on sounds. Personally, I don't see the harm in doing something like shortening the Magic Strings song to 1 or 2 sec.

But yeah, throw /sound and /bgm on the Alt+M shortcuts, super handy there. /leave is another nice one imo.

Thanks

It's hard to find this without proper search keywords . even though there's a whole bunch of commands on irowiki its hard to search for  the thing because of difference in search keywords .

Also TIL that you need to enable sound effects  in the sound options menu and then do the /tingonly

#12 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 06:31 PM

Please do not necro bump older topics as they may contain outdated or incorrect information. When in doubt create a fresh topic in the relevant subsection of the forums.

If you still require further clarification on edits you may post in the pinned topic here.

Topic is now closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users