SolM77186

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

Guys, if you want to talk about priests we could re-up a new topic, i'm talking about with some players, it seems to be that "Greven79" is just here to troll people then don't care about him and if he is always against you, just ignore him.

We saw his ideas about priest and as we can see he dosen't really play priest, but for sure he will say "no something etc..." but as he is anonym isn't a proof. We like to share any ideas even if they're bad or not, each others might get their own ideas, it's normal and fair but look and read his post to see that this guy isn't here to talk about us but about him mostly.

VCR REPORT

My VCR Report can be found in the forum "Priest dicussion/VCR report (Solemia), i askedlot of priests and even "non-priests" to try to get some good ideas about how to nerf priests without to make them "super weak"  and lot of did agree my report. but let's read his post about every class and you will see that never greven agree our post. he is against EVERY VCR POST. I'm even pretty sure he gonna be against this message then but as a troller role it's normal.

Maybe you noticed also that he was against all VCR post too, this guyd isn't only the best master priest ever, he is also the same about every class.

If you have any suggestion, my ears will be up, you can send me a mail to "RaidcallRO2@outlook.fr"

Have fun everyone.

IGN: Solemia

Guild: Tribute

Edited by SolM77186, 06 August 2014 - 07:55 AM.

#27 Iasin

Iasin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:39 PM

Priest + a little bit of vigor = H.E.L.L unlimited stun. the skill's cool down is faster than the skill effect? like WTH?

#28 RenKasha

RenKasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:55 PM

to balance priest the stun should give a debuff similiar to sorcerer's freeze spell so you can't be stun locked like 6-7 secs after the first stun. of course you then would have to take into consideration monsters and [shock] and dna summons as well gah.

Edited by RenKasha, 02 March 2015 - 07:02 PM.

#29 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:49 PM

Hello, is this thread still alive? I feel like I need to say something about my beloved class.

Heal

Lvl 10 Highness Heal is too OP. My priest recovers 150.000++ HP when HH crits. Consider nerfing the level cap to lvl 5 as it was then. We still have Renovatio, Heal, Assumptio, and Sanctuary. Too big a heal will just make any priests level HH and forget the other ones.

Look at the 3 skills below Sacrament: Coluceo Heal, Assumptio, Sanctuary. Back then, these 3 skills are what defined Priests. Coluceo Heal was used when the tank or anyone was about to die and all the heals were on cooldown. Assumptio was used to protect someone from dying because our heals weren't as OP as they are now. Sanctuary was used to mitigate the AoE one-shot.

Now who level these 3 skills? Basically all you need is Renovatio to keep everything smooth. Just throw in a situational HH and you're done. People don't need a damage reduction buff since the heals over-heal the received damage already. This is so sad. The fact that Priests aren't the pinnacle of healing anymore breaks my heart. Now people rely on Soulmakers. Why on earth are we "defeated" by the relatively new class when we have been a support class since CBT?

Considering the fact that ML grinding is centered around lure and kill, people now won't bring in a Priest to a grind party because most of the healing skills generate aggro. Renovatio's duration just isn't long enough to keep the lurer alive. Well I believe Renovatio and Land of Recovery were given a 12-sec duration because they were supposed to be the secondary healing skills. The main healing skills were Highness Heal and Heal. They didn't generate aggro because back then the tanks or any other classes usually had grabbed the threat already.

If there is no way to fix the hit rate that grants insane crit heals (as pointed by Vee), better nerf the heal value for all the healing classes. This in turn makes healing skills necessary to max and could give a choice to be FS again. This is just one side of the game, so the rest of rebalancing should follow.

Also, introduce something fresh to the old skills such as Angelus. Right now Angelus is useless. Buff the effect of Angelus and reduce its cooldown to compensate for the nerfed healing skills. Assumptio is fine as it is, but the cooldown can be decreased just a little.

Recovery is a good skill if it removes all buffs and debuffs, including party buffs and dots, excluding external buffs such as food and potions. However the debuffs must be worth erased since almost all debuffs don't have any impacts whatsoever except maybe stun. 

I don't know how to improve Suffragium since it gives a debatable result, but perhaps it could be a good skill if it affects the party as well. Who doesn't want more haste? Wizards sure want.

For now, we fight for one aoe slot together with Wizards, Sorcerers, and Crescentias. No, wait, we can even be completely replaced by Mermaids and Willow Workers. R.I.P.

Damage

Priests used to be a meh class in term of dps. Dots weren't worth maxing and RoG was only available every 20 second. Even if we leveled RoG, we were left with a weak HL for the rest of its cooldown. Now with the advent of master level everything has changed a lot. Priests can stand equal with the other DPS classes, even way stronger with 3 insane dots. Priests are even considered weird or noob if they choose to stay FS.

What we can do about this is to nerf the dots and decrease the cooldown of Ray of Genesis. This way, the complaints stating that 'priests are dependent on dots since the direct attack skills are weak' are addressed. Nerf the dots already because even with lvl 1 dots we can still kill people easily. Remember, we have three dots and they don't.

Ray of Genesis is fine as it is now because, well, what else would we use? Lvl 10 HL is super good for PVE, but in PVP scenario RoG is better because we can save the Aspersio for Judex.

Judex also shouldn't chain stun people. If they can't alter the cooldown reduction, all stun skills from all classes should give a buff similar to Strong Will. This way, the law of diminishing return applies. We can still stun for 5 seconds but the next Judex won't be as effective as the first is.

Edited by HokaHoka, 04 March 2015 - 05:59 AM.

#30 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:10 AM

WTH, HokaHoka.

There's not a single line I wouldn't sign!

It's even so scary, I hesitated to give it an 'up!, pondering whether players might misinterpret it then.

I decided to give in. The hope that this will get heard outweighted my carefulness.

:no1:  is all I can say.

#31 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

Man, should I deviate to the wrong path (another class) although I have taken the Holy Order?  :sob:

"I promise that I will stay in the Path of Odin even when hardships surround me."

I'm sorry, Priestess Tany, but one of those Warriors once asked me one day whether I could heal them well.  :p_sad:

----

Excuse my rant, I should continue chanting. 

#32 Sowlemia

Sowlemia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationFrance-Paris
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

Judex 5 second stun is too much, 3 seconds lvl 3/3 would be fair.

About renovatio, we should not increase the duration of it, but nerf Cure from SM mostly.

about HH you're right we have to nerf it.

About RoG, 19XX% mattk every 1X seconds...please do not abuse. that is already OP, think about  other classes :).

Priest is still the main healer though, Sanctuary+HH is better by far than cure trust me :) SM cannot reach a priest heal

#33 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:09 AM

Gee, I think I'll wait for the time when Odin descends and punishes the sinners classes are fixed. Atm I'm an aoe pet. Booo....  :sob:  :sob:

#34 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:Odin ofc <3

Posted 07 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for your great analysis HokaHoka! One of the things I know quite a few of the VCRs wish to do with the class balance is to return the use of roles. Personally for me, I'm rather upset that the DPS slot can be filled by a tank or a healer... it certainly shouldn't! My wizard is effectively an INT buff pet and Willow delivery service, and that grew boring. It also bothers me that people pick a support class and choose to go full DPS - full DPS is what DPS classes are for.

Anyway, I'm hopping on the Priest team this term, so I'll go ahead and include what you wrote.

Nice job  :ok:

#35 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

My main thing with priest is why priest isn't a healer any more? Any thing past Osi, priest as a healer isn't cutting it. Unless there are other factors, ie. OP members, highly refined/high defense/high HP tank, overleveled/overgeared members, second dedicated healer by means of sorc LoR/pet heals, etc. Skulls you could just use willow pet, no need for healer class even.

My suggestion: Drop HH10/10 up Assumptio 10/10. Buff up bubble with def/cd reduction making it re-castable. Then maybe our reno could keep tank alive.

Do whatever it takes. Nerf DoTs, Nerf Chain Stun. Change threat heal formula. Buff reno. Whatever. Just make the priest a healer again. Probably help priest  low defence in WoE. That scarement buff is just a big o target sign for any sins.

#36 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

Go make a Soulmaker if you want to be carried in party like a dead weight, when you're not stacking Cures, or linking Revive on members. Don't turn Priest into a dull class, because you have problem playing as a doll-loving midget.

#37 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:31 AM

It's not about being carried like dead weight SM. It's about being able to just do my job as a healer. By nerf I mean DO less, not make worthless. Anything not buff equals nerf... I do play priest after all. By  all means if you want to dps do so, I'm all for non-stardard builds. I'm sure most priest are hybrids nowadays. I just want to be able to keep a party alive as a priest. But never mind all that, doesn't seem like I need to explain to you. You don't want unbroken/balance. Not many thing more powerful than DoT+Stun+RoG. Just want to be able to do my role and keep the tank/party comfortable. ...waiting 30minutes to start party cause need a SM... SMH

#38 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:24 AM

Just as I thought. You are having an identity criss.

I don't want to be told that I worship imbalance by people who requested higher defense for Priest.

#39 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

Clothie + Def Buff, Oh My Gawd OP. No I don't think so. Plus... Sorry I don't WoE... Why would I need defense as a Healer if Tank is alive and well?

#40 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

Assumption is a damage reduction skill which trim enemies' damages on a flat rate regardless of the type of your armor, without calculating further damages trimming from your other sources of damage reduction, and your defense rate.

Why a class with default healing skills requires high damage reduction?

Don't apologize for don't WOE, apologize for don't know you can heal.

You should heed the calling and reroll to Soulmaker. Healing disagree with you. HoT is better for you.

#41 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

Simple then... make it scale with armor type or whatever, enough to keep tank alive. Like I said why would I need defense? Or make heals give less threat, either way doesn't matter as long as I can play my role as a healer. This is Priest thread why you keep talking about SM, maybe you should switch forums? Most parties in DWF+ only want SM. Sorc/Priest get no love. HoT really is better for me, true, and for everyone else in my party. I was thinking Reno+Bubble would be a nice combo to keep tank alive and not grab aggro, but what the hell... it makes game imbalance. Sorry, can't heal you Mr.Tank since that would be imbalanced. Well, I don't mean to bring more imbalances, make assumptio scale to armor type if that cause imbalance, or make heals generate less threat, or buff/vigor scale heal 5/5 to 10/10 for all I care. Doesn't matter which way they do it. Just fix the brokenness that is Priest/Sorc not a Healer anymore and clear the wait queue for parties.

#42 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:40 PM

I'd suggest you two stop with the personal attacks. It's more helpful leave advice so that new players can learn to accept priests. I will admit they are underloved, but Priests are not at all inferior to SMs, they really aren't, and I adore having a priest that knows what he's doing. SM and Priest (and Sorcs) heal differently, yet people don't change their behaviours to favour their healer. 

It's clear that the struggle is mostly for DWF, so I'll focus on that. Groups fall apart largely because of lack of communication and knowledge. Really a lot of times is because the other members aren't paying attention, which causes additional stress to the Priest. In no particular order, here's what I look for in parties and priests:

1) Defensively, priests can rotate Assumptio on the tank, Sanctuary, and Judex to minimize the damage on the tank.
2) It's commonly believed that you need refined gears in DWF, which is false. You just need the appropriate level gear, and your tank needs to have their tank skills active. All tanks should reach 70%+ defense by the time they're in Osiris gear, which is more than enough to tank DWF. Tanks/DPS should not rely 100% on your healer, use potions from time to time (they also help generate threat).
3) Tanks need to hit monsters as they lure, not just run past them. This generates a bit more extra threat so that when the Priest needs to heal you, they won't steal threat. Use single target skills if there's only one monster, sliding past them with an AOE doesn't create threat.  
4) For DPS/healer, do not stand on your tank if you're not taking damage. The reason why Highness Heal tends to generate too much threat is because it's being used on the whole party when you stack together. Stacking creates 5x more threat than it should. If you don't need heals, stand far enough away from the tank so that the AOE effect won't heal you, but obviously not in a spot where monsters will spawn/attack you. If you stand separately, HH will generate a normal amount of threat (25% of amount healed, just like all other active heals)
5) A common issue I see is that the DPS and Healers are not standing in the proper positions. This leads to random damage and situations where DPS blames healer and healers blame the tanks. When your tank goes into the corner for the initial lure, follow them into the corner and that's your safe spot. If ranged chars are being attacked, walk towards your tank so it's easier for him to grab aggro again. The tanks taunt skill usually has a 20 second cooldown and targets only one monster, so it's better for you to walk to them. Once the aggro is off, you can stand off to the side again. If you are standing on the side to avoid what I mentioned in 4), make sure you're standing beside the wall where monsters don't spawn. 
6) Move together as a group, led by your tank. DPS often runs past tank for no reason leading to additional damage. Tanks often run off before the rest of the group is ready, leaving the healer behind. Both of these are mistakes, stick to your group unless you can survive entirely on your own. 
7) When running, have the tank on the inner circle, and the rest on the outer circle. This helps to ensure that the Archers are attacking the tank instead of others.
8) For DPS, let the tank hit the monsters first. RO2 threat mechanics are a bit odd and a monster will initially stick to you a bit more if you have first hit.
9) Tanks and DPS should pay attention to when their priests are being attacked instead of minding their own business. Go and protect them with taunts, or high damage single target skills.

Very, very simple, yet very often ignored rules. As you see, most of the problems are not about the Priest. Expensive runes and pets are only bonuses but are not necessary. Admittedly, it's annoying to always have to teach newbies to run DWF properly, but once they know what to do, then everyone can be happy. As always, a smart player is the best type of player, spread this info instead of spreading hate.

#43 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:52 PM

His first post's tones didn't read like he was seeking for advice in how to efficiently play as a Priest, and read more like he was suggesting his own preference of playing better accommodate the Priest. I told him to reroll to Soulmaker because his preference just happened to sound exactly like the general preference. Which is something he should do, if he worries more about the general opinions of his class than his own opinions.

For the record, changing damage reduction to defense rate won't result in the reason why you requested for a 10/10 Assumption the first place, right?

Edited by Telovi, 29 May 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#44 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

No I wasn't seeking advice on how to play as a priest. Those party basics are things I do already. Although I think I do Assumpio/Sanc/Stun rotation I've never really thought about it as one, I don't HH everything that loses HP. I reno first then bubble or sanc if on CD, using HH as last resort but usually that means party just aint gonna work. Maybe I'll reskill to heal 5/5 since most ppl don't like to be told how to play and see how that works out, but I've never seen a party pull off healing with just a Priest and non-highly refined Tank, seen it tried many times but never seen it happen. Still even telling most parties looking for Healer that your a priest just gets ignored.
General Opinions of my class? I'm sure most priests agree. DoTs are high as hell, HH heals for too much, Chain Stun is too much.

Assumptio 10/10 damage reduction to defense rate doesn't matter as long as its enough to keep tank alive with reno and heals (excluding HH).

EDIT: Thanks arby for puting this out here though. When I try to give advice to party members, most times they just start talking in a different language or ignore it altogether. There are those that do take they advice but most ppl just don't like being told how to play their class.

Edited by 1280131004231231313, 30 May 2015 - 11:52 AM.

#45 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

I simply don't want newbies to come read this:

My main thing with priest is why priest isn't a healer any more? Any thing past Osi, priest as a healer isn't cutting it.

and think that Priest can't play support at endgame. They can, and they do it excellently when it's done right everyone works together.

Yes I know that:

Still even telling most parties looking for Healer that your a priest just gets ignored.

still happens, but it's up to players to teach each other that Priests are capable healers. People don't like to be told what to do, but if nobody ever lets them know that they're doing it wrong, they'll just continue to do it wrong. Problems won't go away by just ignoring them.

#46 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:10 AM

Did this with a L28 Monk Tank/Priest, 2 rangers, and my Sin. Level range 26-29. Healer died first or second pull but after telling rangers to move outside and shoot in, no deaths but still we had Monk use Willow, and ranger use elder sin. Most of the time it was ok but a few times monk hp dropped below 1/4, cause RNG blessed mobs to all crit or something. I'm pretty sure Monk had Max pet CD and monk willows/pets are pretty strong, dunno bout the ranger, but was able to drop it at the beginning of every stop, and I was able to drop a pet 2-3 times per stop. So still can't really call this a 'normal' party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users