New Powers, New Friends, More Glory! March 13th Patch Notes v496 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New Powers, New Friends, More Glory! March 13th Patch Notes v496

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

Banner_1000x320-8.jpg

Patch Notes v496

Game Arena
Several enhancements have been made to adjust how points are tracked and counted towards contribution to your team. More Honor Point are expected to be earned per match overall, those who participate will see better compensation for their efforts in the end.

• Updated Game Arena scoreboard to display new combat and game-specific objective stats.
  • New combat stats tracked are: Damage Blocked, Attacks Blocked, Damage Reflected, Attacks Reflected, Damage Absorbed, Attacks Absorbed, Attacks Dodged.
  • New game objective statistics tracked in Crystal Defenders/Akram Arena are: Crystals Destroyed, Minutes Defended, Assault Kills, Defend Kills.
  • New game objective statistics tracked in Draconis Peaks are: Dragons Slain, Eggs Captured, Eggs Returned.
  • Honor and Valor rewards earned through PvP games and dungeons are now rewarded and displayed in the system notification window as a single amount.
  • Added "Vote Kick Member" function to group management interface while inside Game Arena dungeons.
  • "Disband Group" and "Kick Member" group management functions may now only be used outside of Game Arena game instances.
  • Updated point mechanics in Game Arena PvP game modes.
    • Completing team oriented objectives (e.g. winning the game, destroying/defending crystals) now plays a more prominent role in determining the team's performance and potential Honor rewards, while continuing to factor in each team member's individual contributions to the outcome of a game match.
    • Proximity based reward mechanics have been improved to ensure they work more consistently and reliably, and now take into consideration how recently a player has been in proximity of an action when determining whether points should be awarded.

Crystal Defenders / Akram Arena

• Added "tagging" mechanic to allow points to be earned for recently destroying/defending a crystal.
  • Defenders now earn 1 point per minute while within proximity of the crystal.  This is the defender counterpart to the attacker point source, where attackers earn 10 points while within proximity of a crystal when it is destroyed.

Draconis Peaks

• Added "tagging" mechanic to allow points to be earned for recently defeating the opponent's dragon.

Interface Enhancements

• Added display of "Melee Power" stat under Attack Power stat of the character info window, which modifies the power of melee attacks.
  • Added overhead digit display for healed amounts and absorbed damage.
  • Updated wording of currency increase/decrease message.
  • Added skill level to bottom left corner of HUD skill icon to display current number of 'stacks' of passive status effects.
  • Updated skill tooltip to display description on both current and next level.

Skill Changes and Balances
Several classes are receiving some updates to help improve their versatility and contribution towards team play, as well as to improve their personal play style design. With this update, several mechanical improvements have been created with some focuses on the under-appreciated classes.

New Status Effects
Through various discussions over what we had hoped we could do for ROSE, for game play, we came down to various effects that we felt would add to the game play experience. The results are in part, the following new effects that will provoke consideration behind how you play, whether you are using these new effects for yourself or against someone else.

Spoiler

Bourgeois
Through many hours of late night arguments behind why the skill sets of the Bourgeois were only allowed to learn one set of skills over another, the council agreed it made no sense in the battles against evil to hinder their champions. The skills no longer lock one another out, however still share a cool down due to the strenuous effort behind their use. The bourgeois class now have a bit more to their available arsenal and their skill sets are more flexible for use.
Spoiler

Raiders
In darkened corners and shadows, secret meetings and whispers of improving the talents of the fighting skills and talents of their fighters were discussed. The results yielded a better fighter, with an improved training regimen, it offered more flexibility and some new options behind their fighting style.

Their skill trees have been opened significantly to more customizable builds with less restriction. New skills and mechanics, now allow for passive additive bonuses to take effect during your regular combat, so getting up close and personal can really give cause for concern.
Spoiler

Scouts
The same efforts from the Raiders were shared with the Scouts as well as it provoked other imaginative means of combat that suits their needs! The skill trees also were adjusted slightly, with the inclusion of new skills that place traps for strategic use and utility in their ranged style of combat.
Spoiler

Clerics
The mystical order had meetings over the combined efforts of their combat and support potential and through it advancements were made, with a few felt sacrifices. To improve the offensive ability, the defensive focus was shifted towards those who were truly combat minded, while also developing new effects to help support others. Though the direct healing power of the Cleric was reduced, the potential for healing has been improved. New abilities, that increase the amount your allies will be healed for allow for greater support if you have the skill for it. A small reduction to defenses have been traded with the ability for greater offense, Cleric's Intensity being given additional boosts that support the idea of a Battle Cleric.
Spoiler

Mage
Clerics were not the only ones looking to increase their power. The mystic art weavers also developed new masteries over the elements and their ability to sustain themselves during combat. These new masteries will help aid many mages new and old in various situations depending on their elemental choices, that infuse their bodies with element benefits. The outcome creates surges of mystical energies to empower the Mages temporarily in times of need. Elemental masteries will now grant special bonuses mid combat and cast, which can truly shift the play style of a Mage depending on their build, skills cast and a bit of luck.
Spoiler

Artisans
Having been occupied with their crafting, were a little oblivious to what was happening around them. However, they have recently become aware of the improved efforts of other guilds and classes and have begun their plans to help improve their cast. Artisans are researching means of combining machine and magic, to provide future support for their allies and themselves during times of need. It is unknown when these new experimental gadgets will come to light, but the guild is intent on seeing it through!

Champions
Being simple minded, the proud champions saw little reasons to change their methods and ways, but along the way discovered that some talents were evolving on their own. Their coveted Berserk technique had become near perfected and begun to provide immunities to certain effects while they underwent the rage transformation. Needless to say, it was a welcome advancement, but still nothing more was thought should be done.
Spoiler

Knights
With stubbornness in their heads, the Knight trainers felt no need to "improve upon perfection" and have not made effort to improve their abilities. Though they may discover that such stubbornness will force them to change by necessity in the end, if not very soon. One lieutenant did say they did manage to figure out a better swing for one ability and it was adopted as it seemed to improve the skill by a small margin.
Spoiler

Unique Skills
Spoiler

Bug Fixes

Spoiler

A letter from Leonis on behalf of the ROSE Development Team:

Story telling aside, these changes described and many more, are along the current path that we have been working very hard towards. To help us offer an improved ability of game play, that holds a special balance, range of diversity, and reinvigorating sense of enjoyment when playing your character and class. We know that feeling powerful and accomplished with your character is important and want to see everyone stand proud of their creation. But don't think it's over with this update. We do have our sights on the other remaining classes. The Knight, Champion, Artisan and even perhaps the Visitor!

For now we feel that the contained efforts of updates will offer a wider choice to class builds and ultimately balance, where everyone can have a respectful chance to make a name for themselves and enjoy playing the class they've invested their love and joy in to. Again, we do have the intention of providing further updates to other classes that were not heavily included to the update, because at this point we have felt that their designs were stable enough to sustain them as well as the already have fairly impacting setups already, or in the cast of the Artisan, their advancement requires more than we were able to accomplish in the time we allotted for the project development.

If some of you are thinking we should just wait till it's all done, remember, this is an ever ongoing world and we want to continue to help it grow, expand and evolve. In that consideration, we will never be done developing ROSE. Though we will be turning more towards expanding on actual explore-able content, we also needed first to have some more options to work with so as you explore you could be met with more interesting situations to challenge you.

As always, we will be watching closely on the progression of the update as it is explored within the live severs. And appreciate any reports and feedback that you have regarding the update. Our only request is that you keep in mind this is an update with the full intention of trying to make ROSE better and we hope, when you offer that feedback, you also share that wish to see ROSE improve. Share with us your experiences, any suggestions you may have and if you have ideas the more detail there is, the better and easier it is for us to have it in mind towards future updates.

Thank you all again for being part of such a wonderful world and making it the great community we enjoy being part of.

---

Item Mall

These items can be found under the Special > Event... 

• Clover Balloon for your Cart!
  • St. Patricks Lucky Box

The St. Patrick's Lucky Box Contains...

Spoiler

These items can be found under the Special > Seasonal... 
  • March Lucky Box

The March Lucky Box Contains...

Spoiler
  • Spring Box

The Spring Box Contains...

Spoiler

These items can be found under the Special > Special... 

• Silver Key
  • Gold Key

New Lucky Spin Costume!

• Charming School Uniform

Spoiler

Edited by Leonis, 13 March 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#2 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

I can't wait to see the update on the live servers. You did some great changes there, i'm especially looking forward to the votekick in GA groups, take that leechers! :P

Good job :thumb:

Edited by SlowBob, 11 March 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#3 lafamilia00

lafamilia00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Well hopefully we bring in more players back with this update. CD is nonexistent lately. Regarding the votekick, isn't it possible it can become abused?

Also I would like to know how some people manage to dual client in GA Crystal defender match. I would like to play with my friend if this is possible since we live in the same household.

#4 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Will healing still give points to clerics in GA?  I think what you stated above was the additional ways that points are calculated so I am assuming healing will still give clerics points, but I want to make sure.  And I am assuming damage done, kills as well as destroying the crystal, winning the game, etc. will give points.  

And will the things you mentioned abore -  Damage Blocked, Attacks Blocked, Damage Reflected, Attacks Reflected, Damage Absorbed, Attacks Absorbed, Attacks Dodged - give points or are just tracked and displayed on the final points/combat chart at the end?

#5 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

Another question a lot are asking - will all classes receive free skill, unique skill and stat resets?  Even the classes that were not changed dramatically might need to reset to offset the classes that were.  And will the resets be 24 hour ones again?

#6 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

The immunity to stun and sleep concerns me on champions. Fits the class, but it seems kind of overpowered. Maybe half the effectiveness of stun/sleep rather than making them completely immune?

#7 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

what its this  "stack" like i can use it more than once? or w/e

#8 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Some of the new effects get triggered at certain actions. Not just this, but the effect can trigger several times, and they stack up on eachother (hence we refer to them as stacks).

I'll explain this with the wand weaving skill.

Clerics have a 25% chance to get the 'wand weaving' effect, which increases attack speed and melee attack power by 5%, with each hit.

This effect can stack up to five times, totalling a 25% attack speed and melee attack power bonus.

#9 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

but the timer will stack too? like 30+30 secs??

#10 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Well hopefully we bring in more players back with this update. CD is nonexistent lately. Regarding the votekick, isn't it possible it can become abused?

Also I would like to know how some people manage to dual client in GA Crystal defender match. I would like to play with my friend if this is possible since we live in the same household.

We're still working on a plan regarding multiple players within a household to be able to play together within the various Game Arena modes.

Will healing still give points to clerics in GA?  I think what you stated above was the additional ways that points are calculated so I am assuming healing will still give clerics points, but I want to make sure.  And I am assuming damage done, kills as well as destroying the crystal, winning the game, etc. will give points.  

And will the things you mentioned abore -  Damage Blocked, Attacks Blocked, Damage Reflected, Attacks Reflected, Damage Absorbed, Attacks Absorbed, Attacks Dodged - give points or are just tracked and displayed on the final points/combat chart at the end?

Yes, healing and damage dealing will still count towards honor, the rates were adjusted and the mechanics to how they are distributed were also changed. All those other tracking factors are in place for future use, as well as improved tracking of activity for us, as well as fun facts for you to review at the end of a match. They don't necessarily all have unique point factors to them being tracked.

Another question a lot are asking - will all classes receive free skill, unique skill and stat resets?  Even the classes that were not changed dramatically might need to reset to offset the classes that were.  And will the resets be 24 hour ones again?

I stated long ago, that when we make changes like this, we will always offer a free reset to classes that were changed to keep things fair to them. So of course any class that was affected by a skill modification will be given the free resets to allow them to experiment with the changes.

(And if you looked closely, every class did get a modification to one minor degree or another on the 1st class level, which justifies making it so everyone will be getting a reset. ;) hee hee )

The immunity to stun and sleep concerns me on champions. Fits the class, but it seems kind of overpowered. Maybe half the effectiveness of stun/sleep rather than making them completely immune?

Yes, it does sound like it would be pretty strong and does go with the theme of the ability. We'll see how things go, but as things go, the skill's effect, duration, cost and cooldown are all considerations behind its ability. We feel it was a helpful enhancement to the class to help it out in respect to the rest of the changes made. We will of course be watching for unexpected outcomes though.

A "stack" is just as it sounds. When you have a 'stack' of an effect on you, the more you have, the more you gain.

Let's take the "Wounded" effect for example. Every 'stack' of Wounded you have on you, you will have healing reduced on you by 4%, up to a maximum of 20 stacks. So, let's say you have 10, that means you have 10 * 4% = 40% reduced effect of healing on you. It is one of the new mechanics we're introducing towards the skill update that was started long ago. These kinds of mechanics can really help add to game play and we're excited to be able to introduce it.

#11 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

but the timer will stack too? like 30+30 secs??

Every time a new stack gets applied, the timer refreshes back to maximum.

#12 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

Thank you jerremy, I took a bit too long putting the answer together you got to it first. ;)

#13 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

Every time a new stack gets applied, the timer refreshes back to maximum.

sounds fair.

thanks to you and Leonis for clearing questions.

#14 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:51 PM

After seeing Katar raider's new passive, I forgot to mention about burn Katar raider type. There are only new stuff to benefit crit type.
So burn type will be gone from Katar raider. And one more thing, I feel like PvP Flame Falcon on burn type is not that useful as PvP Screw attack from crit type. It on add 200 burn dmg for 5 secs while screw attack give big crit down and wound stack in new patch.

You guys forgot about burn skill tree?

What do you think?

Edit:

One more thing about immune champ on berserk. This make Axe 2 stuns useless aganst another 2 type of champs.

Edited by FireJin, 11 March 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#15 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

All damage active skills of a katar raider are pretty much worthless as the casting time is so slow (compared to their 300% aspd auto attacks) that you can do 7 basic attacks in one skill. The only ones used are for their effect (stun, sleep, crit down). But then again, it was like that for a raider since ever.

Edited by jerremy, 11 March 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#16 TazDeviL01

TazDeviL01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:Mighty Draco

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

Hope there is an Unlimited Game Arena Energy again to test the changes on the live server. :pif:

#17 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Your ideas keep fueling the fire for expanding on the class skill trees. It isn't impossible for us to add unique skills in the future to hunt/farm/find/etc. that goes along with some unique build types you mention. The idea of improving burns and other such skills that are a bit more specialized or non-standard for a class, can be easily done with unique skills, to bolster their core design.

It has nothing to do with forgetting about an aspect of a class, but there's also only so much we can do at a time and we gave this particular focus based on reviewing a timeline of events since the skill update prior this one.

As for an Unlimited Game Arena Energy period... well... you never know. ;)

#18 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

Didn't you at some point have a plan to make DoT's work on charm?

#19 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

Off topic: sorry i just have to post this. I see tons of shops selling chiv/glor aurums the past couple of days. I guess these champs aren't liking the nerf on berserk and are now switching to the "new OP" class which for them is probably raider. teehee :>

Edit: They probably don't even read forums that's why they didn't notice that champs are immune to stuns and sleep (which is quite strong). Oh well, I just love seeing these newbs just following the trend on which class is the best at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I don't think raiders are OP this coming skill update but they definitely got the boost that they needed. We'll just see how strong they turn out in wars.

Edited by Soda, 11 March 2014 - 09:54 PM.

#20 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

well, see. this is the problem with some people. They don't play the class they like, instead they are always playing the class which is the most powerfull (in their opinion). Beside that most of those "pro pvpers" are even using the same build.

I can't help me, but adapting like that would be a way too boring for me.

#21 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

I could just see it coming. A sea of raiders would be invading wars now. And of course i would love it since i have a Battle Artisan to pwn some raider's ______ :> . That's why I've been playing my BC more often because of these champs, and I just love how they complain when they lose on pvps and that they don't think 100% Enhanced Damage is OP. Champ's mentality = Own every class without a problem.

#22 Ahya

Ahya

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

A sea of raiders invading wars.. More like squishy people who enemy mages (provided full support) can aoe to death. :p_idea:  Yummy. :hinthint:

#23 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

Invade as in wars would be full of raiders. It's too early to say that I don't find raiders as a threat cause most of their passives are quite strong but like i said , we'll see how it goes.

#24 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

I'm actually more scared of a mass of mages, since they would simply own everything.

#25 GerreMas

GerreMas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

Is there a date yet when the skill update will be implemented on the live server ? ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users