Burnt Out on RO? I'll Lend an Ear - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Burnt Out on RO? I'll Lend an Ear

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#101 Toggles

Toggles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:47 AM

I'm a little weary about obligations and expectations geared towards support classes, namely: Priest, High Priest and Arch Bishops. Though they're quite a few dozen threads in the past, I haven't found a very good way to address my issues. Whenever I play any character of that class type I run into a bit of a wall. First off, it seems I'm expected to buff and heal everyone out there, even those outside of my party; regardless if I'm a NON-FS build. Every few minutes I get some kind of request for healing/buffing, and they'll spam me if I'm AFK to the point my older messages blank out. If I'm presently there and just ignore them, they'd come out on a SC or some crap and try to grief me or follow me around on alts, KSing crap. I normally made it a policy to never join/buff someone that has previously KSed me (strictly when it comes to leveling), but it's gotten to such a point where I'll abandon parties that pick up previous griefers. Many times if I leave, people would start messaging me as to why, and even the previous griefer would as well.. though sadly most of the time the griefer doesn't even remember the grief they've invoked. If I choose to respond to them, they ask me how I knew it's them and I simply respond ROPD (though sometimes it's their name styling/typing style). This kind of behavior makes me wonder what's in the mindset of other players and their expectations, not as RO gamers, but rather as human beings. So far I end up just RO-replay recording every so often and noting the time of said grief action, then --> reporting (it's not a lot of work but there's a cluster of replay file being built up). 

Then there's people who ask for warps that I don't even have, like Orcs/GH. I can't seem to picture why ABs in particular would have said warps unless it's for Orc Lord/Hero or Raydric/Reno. Sometimes they ask me again, maybe 1-3 minutes after they've messaged me before. Knowing this I should probably /exall but then it'd be a heck of a lot harder for some people to leave me messages while I afk (as most do not mail, especially for simple things). Though I've come to the realization since most of those people asking probably never played or own these character types, they don't seem to realize "warp" and "resu" = 1 bgem. As trivial as the cost is, it still adds up. Ten warp/resus = 10 gems and lets say gems cost 600 (normal) * 10 = 6k [If it were discounted 24%, 600 * .76 = 456, so 4.56k]. The cost comes out of my pocket, so I think I should have the full right to choose whether or not to 'help out.' Another small thing would be after getting DB killed and respawning, people would ask me for AGI AGI. Increase AGI takes some HP to cast, and being at 1HP when respawning, I can't even begin to heal myself without getting spam sometimes. There are other options besides bothering me like, Fiolina in Prontera for your buff/heal needs. Lastly, of the people who ask me, sometimes I see no point in helping them, as they'd never help me if the situation were <---> switched. I'm primarily a PvM kind of player and people who are already 150 doing their MvP, PvP or guild thing--> that won't level other characters; of which I probably would never encounter in any other situation, why should I buff these people? There is no direct or even indirect obligation to help these people out, especially if I know they're -_-heads. With all this said, all this crap doesn't bother me too much, but it does tire me sometimes. 

#102 Wurzel

Wurzel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

I wasn't charged twice, I've made two transactions, but I was using Chrome. The thing is, I was trying to send him WPE so he could get a FAW, but hey, 48hrs later, with the Fire Sale gone, I still have no answer... Thanks for the tip on the PM though, I will try that for sure. Even though at this point just a reimburse doesn't cut it, he lost the sale, nothing he can do about it. I'm gonna send in a couple days though, after a little break, because if I send right now, nothing good will come out, trust me lol...

#103 Wurzel

Wurzel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

Toggles man, I share that pain with you, as I main a FS AB. My policy is:

In PVP-

*If I have to spend 600z on a gem, you cn spend 500z on walking back.

*No please/excuse-me/thank you, no buffs.

*If I'm having a conversation, is NOT my job/duty/priority to buff and ress you because you decided to duel, next time bring pots.

*Kill me, won't ever again get a buff, that simple.

*"Let me test on the AB" Sure, let me bring my friend to test on you, because I know my Holy Light won't kill.

In PvM-

*Is my job to keep the whole party buffed/healed, not a single individual. So, if you wanna rush and tank while not even wearing a shield, go ahead, don't count on me letting people die because you're being dumb.

*Be rude, loose an AB. Simple.

*If I have to bring Green Pots, Slims (weight restriction), blue pots/strawberries and gem, I expect you to be prepared as well. At least Green Potions, there's really NO EXCUSE for not carrying some. I can spend my money to keep you alive because you can't take a break, but you won't spend yours to avoid loosing exp? No.

*Buff. Heal. Ress .AB? Those are not words I'll accept when asking for something. Let's try "Can you buff please?" "AB, if your sp can't keep up, let me know", "Hey man, buff please", or anything related are great ways to get something out.

*"Warp to GH/Orc please" I warp to my save point, which is in front of west Kafra, in Prontera. I'm not gonna walk to get your warp because you're lazy.

And you're right, gems do add up. I just spend not even 5 mins ago, 1.5m in blue gems, that will last me about 4 days. Now, as a FS, I can't go farm and well, people are not honest as they seem when come to loose sharing in MvP, let's leave it like that...

I'm sorry man. I wish I could say it'll get better, but not really. Just gotta close your eyes for these people and do you instead.

#104 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

I'm a little weary about obligations and expectations geared towards support classes, namely: Priest, High Priest and Arch Bishops. Though they're quite a few dozen threads in the past, I haven't found a very good way to address my issues. Whenever I play any character of that class type I run into a bit of a wall. First off, it seems I'm expected to buff and heal everyone out there, even those outside of my party; regardless if I'm a NON-FS build. Every few minutes I get some kind of request for healing/buffing, and they'll spam me if I'm AFK to the point my older messages blank out. If I'm presently there and just ignore them, they'd come out on a SC or some crap and try to grief me or follow me around on alts, KSing crap. I normally made it a policy to never join/buff someone that has previously KSed me (strictly when it comes to leveling), but it's gotten to such a point where I'll abandon parties that pick up previous griefers. Many times if I leave, people would start messaging me as to why, and even the previous griefer would as well.. though sadly most of the time the griefer doesn't even remember the grief they've invoked. If I choose to respond to them, they ask me how I knew it's them and I simply respond ROPD (though sometimes it's their name styling/typing style). This kind of behavior makes me wonder what's in the mindset of other players and their expectations, not as RO gamers, but rather as human beings. So far I end up just RO-replay recording every so often and noting the time of said grief action, then --> reporting (it's not a lot of work but there's a cluster of replay file being built up). 
Then there's people who ask for warps that I don't even have, like Orcs/GH. I can't seem to picture why ABs in particular would have said warps unless it's for Orc Lord/Hero or Raydric/Reno. Sometimes they ask me again, maybe 1-3 minutes after they've messaged me before. Knowing this I should probably /exall but then it'd be a heck of a lot harder for some people to leave me messages while I afk (as most do not mail, especially for simple things). Though I've come to the realization since most of those people asking probably never played or own these character types, they don't seem to realize "warp" and "resu" = 1 bgem. As trivial as the cost is, it still adds up. Ten warp/resus = 10 gems and lets say gems cost 600 (normal) * 10 = 6k [If it were discounted 24%, 600 * .76 = 456, so 4.56k]. The cost comes out of my pocket, so I think I should have the full right to choose whether or not to 'help out.' Another small thing would be after getting DB killed and respawning, people would ask me for AGI AGI. Increase AGI takes some HP to cast, and being at 1HP when respawning, I can't even begin to heal myself without getting spam sometimes. There are other options besides bothering me like, Fiolina in Prontera for your buff/heal needs. Lastly, of the people who ask me, sometimes I see no point in helping them, as they'd never help me if the situation were <---> switched. I'm primarily a PvM kind of player and people who are already 150 doing their MvP, PvP or guild thing--> that won't level other characters; of which I probably would never encounter in any other situation, why should I buff these people? There is no direct or even indirect obligation to help these people out, especially if I know they're -_-heads. With all this said, all this crap doesn't bother me too much, but it does tire me sometimes.

Ah, the everlasting stereotype that follows those with the label of healers. As with doctors in real life, people expect miracle cures and think of healers as demi-gods with the power to fix any ailment. When that is not the case, they are disappointed that life is not as they envisioned it to be. Take pity upon such souls, for they do not know any better. Those who appreciate your efforts and understand that everyone is different are the ones you should seek for companionship.

I wasn't charged twice, I've made two transactions, but I was using Chrome. The thing is, I was trying to send him WPE so he could get a FAW, but hey, 48hrs later, with the Fire Sale gone, I still have no answer... Thanks for the tip on the PM though, I will try that for sure. Even though at this point just a reimburse doesn't cut it, he lost the sale, nothing he can do about it. I'm gonna send in a couple days though, after a little break, because if I send right now, nothing good will come out, trust me lol...

People aren't perfect; there's always room for improvement. Sometimes we forget that there's a person on the other side of the Internet wall who can be just as clueless and frustrated.

#105 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Bill-Hader-Popcorn-reaction-Gif-On-The-D

#106 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:49 PM

Ahem.

grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png

#107 4938131102171953017

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMY
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

Ahem.

grumpy-cat-8141_preview_zps9177ab07.png

+1 for the doctor in da house  :p_hi:

Intimacy is a bit boring but double intimacy is boring-er

Any advice on escaping the "neutral" phase before getting a Loyalty from My Amistr?

#108 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

This F' ed  LAG is the main problem in this game. This game would be PERFECT without lag.

#109 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

no nid or SM for me to farm on classic

diablow 3 until then.

#110 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Intimacy is a bit boring but double intimacy is boring-er

Any advice on escaping the "neutral" phase before getting a Loyalty from My Amistr?

Loyalty is something to be earned through patience and trust. For a proper relationship to form, you must be able to take the bad with the good.

That said, playing music helps to pass the time. :3

This F' ed  LAG is the main problem in this game. This game would be PERFECT without lag.

Technology is as flawed and imperfect as the people who forge it. Such perfection is unfortunately not of this world.

no nid or SM for me to farm on classic

diablow 3 until then.

Watch out for those tornadoes. I hear they strike farms very often.

#111 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Loyalty is something to be earned through patience and trust. For a proper relationship to form, you must be able to take the bad with the good.

Technology is as flawed and imperfect as the people who forge it. Such perfection is unfortunately not of this world.

Watch out for those tornadoes. I hear they strike farms very often.

^
But we're in the 21st Century...

Ive heard a lot of people say that ancient civilizations were far more advanced than we are now; so does this mean they played RO without lag back then? :heh:

#112 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

^
But we're in the 21st Century...

The developers are still stuck in the 20th century.

Ive heard a lot of people say that ancient civilizations were far more advanced than we are now; so does this mean they played RO without lag back then? :heh:

No lag and with 30,000 players on at the same time!

#113 4938131102171953017

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMY

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

Im watching some drama's now.

While watching my fellow "homunculus party" screaming for even share.

Do you think share should be "on"?

#114 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

In PvM-

*Is my job to keep the whole party buffed/healed, not a single individual. So, if you wanna rush and tank while not even wearing a shield, go ahead, don't count on me letting people die because you're being dumb.

*Be rude, loose an AB. Simple.

*If I have to bring Green Pots, Slims (weight restriction), blue pots/strawberries and gem, I expect you to be prepared as well. At least Green Potions, there's really NO EXCUSE for not carrying some. I can spend my money to keep you alive because you can't take a break, but you won't spend yours to avoid loosing exp? No.

*Buff. Heal. Ress .AB? Those are not words I'll accept when asking for something. Let's try "Can you buff please?" "AB, if your sp can't keep up, let me know", "Hey man, buff please", or anything related are great ways to get something out.

*"Warp to GH/Orc please" I warp to my save point, which is in front of west Kafra, in Prontera. I'm not gonna walk to get your warp because you're lazy.

And you're right, gems do add up. I just spend not even 5 mins ago, 1.5m in blue gems, that will last me about 4 days. Now, as a FS, I can't go farm and well, people are not honest as they seem when come to loose sharing in MvP, let's leave it like that...

I'm sorry man. I wish I could say it'll get better, but not really. Just gotta close your eyes for these people and do you instead.

I think you need to remember if you're getting EXP, you're getting payed to do a job. Nobody should have to say please. Unless they were saying "please do your job correctly" in which case you'd probably have a cow. They are simply informing you of their needs, not asking you for a favor. Since its your job to see to those needs, you should be doing so, please or not.

If you're slaving as a favor, or in the example of your PVP situation where strangers are dueling, etc., then yes, it is customary to ask properly when you're requesting a favor. Warping strangers in town, a favor.

Doing your job is not a favor.

I agree with you on green potions, though. I snickered a bit when you mentioned the shieldless noob trying to tank and yelling at you for not keeping them alive. I totally feel the same way. Staying alive in a PVM/PVP/WoE situation is #1 first line of defense - player's gear setup. If they aren't even taking responsibility for their gear they shouldn't expect you to make up for it.

Edited by Jaye, 05 April 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#115 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Im watching some drama's now.

While watching my fellow "homunculus party" screaming for even share.

Do you think share should be "on"?

Sharing is caring. Do you care?

#116 4938131102171953017

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationMY

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Sharing is caring. Do you care?

depends, sometimes all i can see is dead homunculus with afk owners

and only half of the homun is alive and kicking

this is the kind of people who would usually asked to be "share"

#117 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

depends, sometimes all i can see is dead homunculus with afk owners

and only half of the homun is alive and kicking

this is the kind of people who would usually asked to be "share"

If you don't mind sharing EXP with corpses, why not?

#118 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

homun kills xp isnt shared, only homun and owner(except job) gets the xp from their kills

#119 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

homun kills xp isnt shared, only homun and owner(except job) gets the xp from their kills

Unfortunately this is not common knowledge for those asking for such sharing. Such a pity.

#120 honeymaple

honeymaple

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

I think you need to remember if you're getting EXP, you're getting payed to do a job. Nobody should have to say please. Unless they were saying "please do your job correctly" in which case you'd probably have a cow. They are simply informing you of their needs, not asking you for a favor. Since its your job to see to those needs, you should be doing so, please or not.

Doing your job is not a favor.

I agree with you on green potions, though. I snickered a bit when you mentioned the shieldless noob trying to tank and yelling at you for not keeping them alive. I totally feel the same way. Staying alive in a PVM/PVP/WoE situation is #1 first line of defense - player's gear setup. If they aren't even taking responsibility for their gear they shouldn't expect you to make up for it.

I think you're wrong though. Everybody should learn to say please, it's called being civilised.

It isn't very pleasant at all getting yelled at for buffs all the time, especially when they're already doing their job.

#121 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

Oi, oi, oi, none of that! :pif: This is a help thread to aid people in coping with their RO issues. If you intend to cause conflicts, I ask that you please take your Jerry Springer fighting elsewhere.

#122 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Everyone hates me.

#123 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

Everyone hates me.

I don't!

You're not stupid and your posts are grammatically correct <3

#124 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

I don't!

You're not stupid and your posts are grammatically correct <3

Oh... well... that makes one... thanks.

EDIT: And uh, not to be picky but I'm not always grammatically correct and me not being stupid is debatable.

Edited by Gantrithor, 05 April 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#125 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

Everyone hates me.

And what brought you to this conclusion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users