How to Requiem; General F.A.Q. *Last updated 16/01/2012* - Game Resources - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How to Requiem; General F.A.Q. *Last updated 16/01/2012*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#1 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

Welcome to Requiem:Memento Mori! This is the US version of the Korean MMO Requiem:Alive which is currently published by Gravity Interactive.

Posted Image

========================================
Getting Started!

Question #1; I do not live in the US, can I play Requiem?

Yes, even though this is the US version, there is no IP ban and you can play it UNLESS there is a local version of the game close to you like Russia and Korea.

Question #2; The official download is so slow, is there other ways to download the game?

Yes, you can download the game in 3 parts from the MegaUpload links here Part1 Part2 Part3 and you can also can try the Requiem Downloader here.

Question #3; I can't patch! I keep getting ''Failed Patch Download'', what can I do?

Sakana has a thread about manual patching which he updates weekly here.

Question #4; Okay I can log on but what server should I choose?

There's currently 2 servers, one is PK and the other is non-PK
. The only difference is that players can kill each others above Lvl 26 on the PK server (Hammerine).

Question #5; How does the PK (Player Killer) system works on the Hammerine Server?

Ctrl + mouse click on a player will add him/her to your enemy list and you will be able to kill him/her; also, by pressing Shift with Ctrl you will be able to add more than one person to your list at the same time. Only players above Lvl 26 can PK/be pk'ed, Turba and Nova Lux are safe zones and you cannot PK a party/alliance member or a guild member.

Killing someone who isn't in ''PK state'' (When you initiate a PK action, your name will become purple and you will no longer give negative tendency if you are killed) will give you negative tendency (Your name will become red with a skull) which makes you unable to group up with other players and talk to vendor NPCs until you are ''cleaned''. You lose 100 negative tendency everytime you get killed and you can also get cleaned by using an item mall Tendency Reset.

Getting pk'ed will give no penalties except you will automatically get kicked from your group/alliance; also, the more PK kills you have, the more negative tendency you collect per kill (Max is -30k) and there is an option in the game settings to automatically add anyone who harms you into your enemy list.

Question #6; What race or class should I choose?

Requiem has currently 4 playable races and each one of them has different classes; more informations about them can be found here. (Might be slighty outdated but will be fully updated after the skill balance patch)

Question #7
; Is there any ways to see the faces and hairs of all races? I'm really not sure about which to pick.

Faces and hairs of all races can be found here.

Question #8; I'm in-game but I have no ideas how the game works.. where can I look up quests, tips or general game mechanics?

Requiem Wiki holds a lot of general datas about Requiem; items, quests, skills, etc. Some informations could be outdated so do your part and update it when you're more knowledgeable!

Reinforcement, Enchanting, Compounding, Reducing systems.

Guild War system.

SvS and Theme Battle Times.

Possession Beasts system.

Lucky Box system.

Question #9; Is this game mostly quests leveling or is it grindy?

There's a lot of quests (Click here for the list of quests) and the Devs are implementing new ones from time to time which make Requiem almost without grind until higher levels; but of course as a free player there will be times where you will need to grind when a paying player will just need to quest.

Question #10; How overpowered is the Cash Shop (Item Mall) in this game?

Really overpowered but it is still possible to do okay without spending anything, it just requires much more times and work. You can also buy Cash Shop items with in-game currency if some players are selling Item Mall points for Lant (Not approved by Gravity but also not forbidden; you'll have only yourself to blame if you get scammed since Gravity will not restore anything).

Question #11; What are battlefields and how do they work?

More information about battlefields can be found here.

Question #12; There's players spamming general chat with Lant selling messages for real life money in the starting area, are those legit? Or what I can do to ignore them since it's annoying?

Those are chinese gold sellers and it's a bannable offense to buy from them. You'll need to send a ticket to support here so that GMs can act and ban them; but your only options to clean your chat from those pests is to either block them (There's a block tab in the Community window UI) or to simply make a chat tab without General chat enabled.

Question #13; I don't want to spend money for a temporary mount, is there a way to get one for free?

Yes, you can get a permanent mount at Lvl 29 with a quest; it's only +20% speed but you'll be happy to have it in the future! Rucia in Nova Lux will start the quest and for more informations, look here.

Question #14; I see that we have 5 bag slots total, where can I get them?

The second, third and fourth bags can be acquired by doing the quests at the starting area of Turba; the fifth bag can only be bought with the Item Mall (Bag Expansion 500 points) and will also unlock ALL your bag slots if you didn't do your quests yet. And no, you cannot have more than 5 bags right now.

Question #15; How can I buy stacks of ammos or potions from the NPC? It takes so long buying 1 by 1.

Press left shift and drag the item in your bags; the same can be done to divide a stack in your bags.

Question #16; I've bought some WP Energy to spend on Requiem, what would be the best Cash Shop items to buy or would Premium be good?

Premium (800 WP Energy) is the best investment you can make since it'll dramatically increase your EXP gained (50%) and the Lant/Drops gained (30%); you will also have access to Regional chat, extra bank slots, Premium dungeons and lose less EXP when you die. If you convert the rest of your WP Energy into Item Mall points, buying a Reduction Tool 30 days (200 Mall points) and a Costume (150 Mall points) would help you greatly to level up. A Mount, 30% EXP scroll, Pet, 50% Lant scroll would come next but they wouldn't be as needed as the Reduction Tool and Costume.

Question #17; I bought a Reduction Tool 30 days from the Item Mall but I can't find it in my bags? Where is it?

Open your Cash Shop window and click on the ''Manage Items'' button at the bottom! The timer on your items will not start until you drag it to your bags.

Posted Image

General Questions

Question #18; I keep hearing about S1, S2 and even S3... what is that?

S2 Memento Mori was the first major revamp of the game and it's our current version. Players tend to refer to the pre-S2 era as ''S1'' and S3 is only a rumor of a mysterious and unconfirmed update in the future.

Question #19; Do we get a skill reset at Lvl 50 when we job change?

No, you will need to buy a Skill Reset from the Item Mall to reset your skills and DNAs.

Question #20; How can I get more than 25 DNA points?

You can buy an extra 25 DNA points from the Cash Shop (50 total) and you can also get an extra 5 from a long long quest which starts in Kurt and finish at Lvl 75. So the maximum DNA points obtainable currently is 55 with the quest + Cash shop.

Question #21; Where do I get my Possession Beast?

The mayor of Zakate (Turba) will give you the quest at Lvl 23. but it will require you to go in the Ruins of Lament at the end which will be really difficult unless you find a party or level up a bit.

Question #22; I'm confused by the Personal Shop interface or how to open it.

Informations about Personal Shops can be found here.

Question #23; Does the Cash Shop pet gain EXP by killing monsters?

No, the Item Mall pets gain a certain % every 10~ minutes that it's summoned; meaning that people who afk in-game all day and night will get a high level pet quickly.

Question #24; How do I use a Pet Extention/Pet Name Change/Pet Growth Booster?

Right click on your Pet item in your bags and it'll give you a list of options. Also, do note that you can't change the name of your pet if it's summoned.

Question #25; Where can I see Lvl 10 form of Pets? o.o

You can find the skins of most pets here and the skins of the Grim Reaper pet here. (ALL forum images of the pets are currently down unfortunatly)

Question #26; I'm so poor! How do you actually make Lant in this game?

A Reduction Tool from the Item Mall will save you a lot of Lant and will help you to make some money since you'll be able to sell the Basic Xeons on the Action House; but mostly, your biggest income of Lant will be from selling items on the AH, from grinding (Premium and a Lant scroll will increase the amount of lant a lot) and from selling junk to the NPCs. Selling Item Mall points for Lant will make you rich quickly too if you feel like spending money.

Question #27; Party, alliance, corps.. I'm confused by all those grouping fonctions.. care to explain?

• A Party is your basic group; can have 5 players total maximum and each player will add a 10% EXP bonus, +40% EXP for a full party of 5. The command to invite to a party is /party name or /in name.
  • An Alliance party is a bigger group to kill raid bosses or do battlefields; it can have 15 players (3 parties of 5) but there is no EXP bonus like the smaller Party. The command to invite to an alliance is /united name.
  • A Corps is a combination of 3 different alliances, it can hold 45 players maximum. You can invite an alliance to your Corps by inviting the Alliance leader of another Alliance with the /Corps name command. Also, in a Corps, only the Corps leader can talk to the whole Corps; everyone is entitled to their own Alliance and the Corps leader will only see the chat of his own Alliance and the typing of the other 2 Alliance leaders.

Question #28; I'm new to the MMORPG world and I'm really confused by all the terms and acronyms used by everyone.

Instances Related

AT = Ancient Temple
SL = Secret Lab
RoL = Ruins of Lament
CS = Chaste Sanctum
DS = Dark Sanctum
RM = Tobena Mine (Used to be Robina mine)
WS = Wrecked Ship
(Used when in Parness = grinding, exp'ing party near Wrecked Ship location... OR in South Hammerine = if somebody doing Wrecked Ship dungeon instance party)

Raids
RH = Ruinhorn
DC = Doom cheras
LW= Lord Werinuman

JS = Jacob Shrine
ST = Secret Temple

ET = Erunil Tower

Player versus Player
PvP = Player versus Player
PvE = Player versus Environment
BG = BattleGrounds
SvS = Server versus Server
TB = Theme Battlefield
FoC = Fields of Contention
IM = Ion Mine
GvG = Guild versus Guild

Twink = Geared max level character for a bracket; basically a super boosted character to farm battlefields with

Places & Related
NB = North Bivouac
SB = South Bivouac
NW = North Watchtower
SW = South Watchtower
WT = Water Tower
Mill = Lumbermill

Party & Classes related
BR = Blessed Revelation
LH = Lesser Heal
LPH = Lesser Party Heal
MPH = Moderate Party Heal
MS = Mana Shield
Bliss = Holy bliss and/or Bliss of Fairy

WoG = Weapon of God
BoH = Blessing of Haste
AM = Adamant Mind
DP = Divine Protection
LR = Lightning Restraint
HL = Holy Light
GL = Glaring Light
BL = Bloodlust
ST = Silent Terror

Prot = Protector
Rad = Radiant
Sin = Assassin
SR = Shadow Runner
Elem = Elementalist
Dom = Dominator
zerk = Berserker
WL = Warlord
Commy = Commander
Temp = Tempest

BH's = BlackHands (referring to aoe grinding spots)
LF = Looking for
LFG = Looking for group
LFP = Looking for party
LFM = Looking for More / Looking for Member
DOT = Damage over Time
DPS = Damage per Second
(also refers to damage dealing classes)
AoE = Area of Effect
Terms of Service = Trap of Stiffness
KS = Kill Steal
KSer = Kill Stealer
(these two things are pretty much cardinal sins and are frowned upon. Don't attack a monster someone else is attacking. It's rude)

Trading
AH = Auction House (meaning the auctioneer)
WTB = Want to buy
WTS = Want to sell
WTT = Want to trade

Others & Miscs
AFK = Away From Keyboard
Brb = Be right back

GG = Good Game
S1 = Requiem - Bloodymare
S2 = Requiem - Memento Mori
PB = Possession Beast
PK = Player killer
MPK = In a PK situation sometimes, the PK'er will stop attacking to leave you at the mercy of the monster on you which will result in an EXP loss
Sup = What's up
lol = Laugh out loud
Tank = Player who will take damage for others, also called meat shield
OP = Overpowered
Noob = Noob is a term, usually considered rude, to originally be used to describe those who are horribly skilled and have no idea what idea they are doing.
Newbie = New player
CAD = Critical Additional Damage
SCAD = Skill Critical Additional Damage

Posted Image

Classes, Raids and Events Questions

Question #29; When can I get my 2nd class?

At Lvl 50; a notice will pop up to tell you where to job change.

Question #30; I've heard about job change items, does it mean I could go from Shaman to Templar? And where do I get those job changes?

Classes are race specific, so no you couldn't go from a Bartuk class to a Turan class; but you could change from Shaman to Warrior though. For a player who hasn't picked a 2nd class yet, you will need a ''Lower Job Change Certificate'' which can be acquired from certain events or Item Mall special events. A 2nd class character like a Forsaker or Tempest, etc, will need a ''Upper Job Change Certificate'' to switch; and will only have access to his race specific classes.

Question #31; What's a Raid? o.0

The main difference between an instance and a Raid is that you'll need much more than 5 people to down a Raid boss and he'll drop much more shiny items.

Question #32; Ok so where are those Raids and how I find a group for one?

The current Raid instances in level order are: Ruinhorn (67+), Biskra (68+), Doom Cheras (70+), Lord Werinuman (71+) , Jacob Shrine (72-75+), Secret Temple (77+), Erunil Tower (79+). Your best chance to find a raid group is to have a guild with people willing to do them too.

Question #33; I did Ruinhorn earlier and I tried to do it again but I was unable to enter the raid instance? What's up with that?

Raid instances have a lockout; meaning that when you kill a boss, you cannot do it again until the lockout resets or you use an Item Mall Raid Reset. Depending on the raid, lockouts last 1-3 days and are also reset with the weekly maintenance.

Question #34; I've seen the HH (Happy Hour) notices from the GMs in-game, where could I find more informations about them?

HH informations are Facebook exclusive and you will need to create a Facebook account and become a friend of the Requiem Facebook to see them here.

Question #35
; Anything special I should know about events?

• Happy Hours (HH) happens from time to time and on the chosen days, there will be 3 of them (2x 3 hours and the third one is 4h) activated during the day (First one is at 5h AM Server time, second one at noon Server time, third one is at 6h PM server time) by the GMs. It increase EXP by 30%, lants and drops by 100% and Reinforcement/Enchanting success by 5%.
  • We also have seasonal events like Halloween, Christmas, etc, who comes with special goodies, rates, drops, cash shop items and much more sometime!
  • Gravity also has Premium or Points discounts from time to time.

Posted Image

Technical Questions

Question #36; Is there some kind of weekly or monthly maintenance?

All servers are down for maintenance every Tuesday from 10h pm pacific time (GMT -8) to 2h am.

Question #37; I've seen a bot or a hacker in-game, what can I do to report them?

GMs don't look at the forums so you will need to send a ticket to support here. Also, taking fraps or/and screenshots as proofs to include them in your ticket will help the GMs.

Question #38; I'm a returning player and I don't remember my old passcodes, is there any ways to reset them?

Yes, send a ticket to support here.

Question #39; I'm lagging and crashing a LOT and I have a pretty good computer, what is going on?

Due to major coding flaws, the game tends to lag quite a bit in some situations and even crash.

Question #40; I can't patch! I keep getting ''Failed Patch Download'', what can I do?

Sakana has a thread about manual patching which he updates weekly here.

Question #41; I've tried buying WarpPortal Energy but it only gives me a message saying to wait 24 hours, what can I do? -.-

More informations can be found here.

Question #42; Grrr I can't open the game because of Error 06! What's happening?!

More informations can be found here.

Feedback, suggestions, questions are welcome! :P

Edited by Loyalty1, 16 January 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#2 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:31 PM

I have a billion of questions, fonts, colors and everything to add still, but I'll start gathering feedback while I'm doing that!

Edited by Loyalty1, 08 October 2011 - 03:23 AM.

#3 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

on 1st and 2nd question you should start with "Yes" cause that's the answer everyone's lookin when they have that question. after you can write the rest. it's always annoying to search for something and the answer to be hidden in a wall of text!

#4 Taliesin

Taliesin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Twitter:@Trench27649192
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Nova (stuck in the past)

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

I'm actually surprised by this, good job Loy.

#5 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:37 PM

on 1st and 2nd question you should start with "Yes" cause that's the answer everyone's lookin when they have that question. after you can write the rest. it's always annoying to search for something and the answer to be hidden in a wall of text!

Thank you!

#6 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

I dunno dude, some modicum of English reading/writing skills are essential, here in forum if not in game. Although sensitive to the fact that it's the gimme the answer now generation I think if they can't find the answer in a 2 or 3 line 'wall of text', ^__^ 'em. And, no I didn't mean you.

#7 Mayo

Mayo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1676 posts
  • Server:Valdesermine

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

I dunno dude, some modicum of English reading/writing skills are essential, here in forum if not in game. Although sensitive to the fact that it's the gimme the answer now generation I think if they can't find the answer in a 2 or 3 line 'wall of text', ^__^ 'em. And, no I didn't mean you.

yarly.

Thanks Loyalty this shall provide great info for the nubians among us, and yes I mean me.

#8 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

if you're not trying to sell anything, then the best way is to give a direct answer. there will prolly be a flood of jaja people but they're always fun to bully them verbally. :P

#9 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

mob player kill is the forced death of the target by another player, except the final hit is by a mob. You may wana elaborate on it a bit more, I can't really explain it right atm.

#10 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

mob player kill is the forced death of the target by another player, except the final hit is by a mob. You may wana elaborate on it a bit more, I can't really explain it right atm.

It's not done! :P

#11 Aliferous

Aliferous

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

Should probably add the abbreviation

KS / KSer to this, because it seems a LOT of people in game don't know what it is, and don't realize it's a pretty cruddy thing to do.

In fact, I'd probably word it like this

KS - Kill Steal
KSer - Kill Stealer
These two things are pretty much cardinal sins and are frowned upon. Don't attack a monster someone else is attacking. It's rude. >.>

#12 Synamyhn

Synamyhn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

Lookin good Loy! I think this will help a bunch of players :P

#13 Arktur

Arktur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

and again a nice job done by: Loyalty1
nice work

#14 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:48 PM

i have finished most of the guides that I linked in this.

Feel free to tell me if I forgot to add something important.

#15 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:51 PM

Feel free to tell me if I forgot to add something important.

Felt bad for trolling so I'll just say it actually looks good because you answered a lot of questions I had when I started. You covered most of it, good job!

Edited by Insanita, 04 November 2010 - 08:51 PM.

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

:P

#17 Lanka

Lanka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationUnder the rock

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:04 PM

Loy, you gots too much time. o.o

#18 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

Why did you even add "lol" :P

#19 Alexito

Alexito

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationHeaven
  • Server:Euphoria

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

want me tto translate it to russian? haha
good job hun <3

#20 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

Should probably add the abbreviation

KS / KSer to this, because it seems a LOT of people in game don't know what it is, and don't realize it's a pretty cruddy thing to do.

In fact, I'd probably word it like this

KS - Kill Steal
KSer - Kill Stealer
These two things are pretty much cardinal sins and are frowned upon. Don't attack a monster someone else is attacking. It's rude. >.>

I added them!

Felt bad for trolling so I'll just say it actually looks good because you answered a lot of questions I had when I started. You covered most of it, good job!

Most of it? What's left? x-x

:P

I added some images.. happy? :)

Loy, you gots too much time. o.o

Sorry!

Why did you even add "lol" :P

Even I didn't knew what it meant once. :x

Edited by Loyalty1, 05 November 2010 - 02:38 PM.

#21 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

loy you :P pet... :P

#22 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

first ss is very nice.

#23 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:18 AM

Even though* (tough, though, thought, through, thorough, they are all different words)

Information is an uncountable noun.

:P /grammarpolice

#24 Wreckd

Wreckd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2198 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Stereosonic

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:37 AM

how could you forget? OP= Over Powered