[Renewal] April Fools Event hosted by The Riddlerok (04/01/2014 ~ 04/30/2014) - Page 9 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Renewal] April Fools Event hosted by The Riddlerok (04/01/2014 ~ 04/30/2014)

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#201 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:42 AM

If it was an ocean, I would guess he walked along the surface during the low tide.

Since this is a lake, probably because it was winter and the lake was frozen?

I knew someone would say that! Ha!

If you're referring to the actual "Lake Disappointment", he was able to do it due to said "lake" being a dry salt lake 99.99999% of the time. There was no water in it.

As I live in Australia, that's the first thing that came to mind.

Damn Aussies, how does your internet even work how do you even have internet under Abbott?

Anyways, that for you magical Australian somehow connecting to the internet, is the correct answer. I thought no one would get that 'cause you know, Australians don't exactly have available Internets lying around.

As you can see, the key to taking all my money, is that my riddles are all pointless semantics and other sorts of word games. Very easy.

#202 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:44 AM

Damn Aussies, how does your internet even work how do you even have internet under Abbott?

Anyways, that for you magical Australian somehow connecting to the internet, is the correct answer. I thought no one would get that 'cause you know, Australians don't exactly have available Internets lying around.

I hate you in all kinds of special ways right now <3

#203 shirotea

shirotea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Location/where
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:45 AM

Dang, I need a brain of an internet to win these riddles. :<

#204 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:47 AM

I hate you in all kinds of special ways right now <3

You should put more effort into hating your Prime Minister instead :D

#205 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:49 AM

You should put more effort into hating your Prime Minister instead :D

Who says I don't? :D

Now someone do my riddle. 10mil to the winner if it gets solved within 24 hours.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 18 April 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#206 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

Who says I don't? :D

Well, politics is boring, all I know about Australian politics is something to do with boats and not having proper Internet infrastructure. I think this has something to do with it.

Now someone do my riddle. 10mil to the winner if it gets solved within 24 hours.

Now I can make a third of my money back!!

Too lazy, and not very think-good-y.

Edited by Gantrithor, 18 April 2014 - 06:02 AM.

#207 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

Well, politics boring, all I know about Australian politics is something to do with boats and not having proper Internet infrastructure. I think this has something to do with it.

I laughed so hard the universe imploded and spontaneously recreated itself.

Probably. Can I do that?

#208 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

I laughed so hard the universe imploded and spontaneously recreated itself.

Probably. Can I do that?

If you take all your hatred points off of me and put them on the dishonourable Prime Minister Tony Abbott, then yes.

#209 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

In this world, there are three mighty and divine beings. They rule over men jointly, and each has a specific role.

The first is a dynamic, whimsical god that presides over the fates of men. However, as evidenced by history, "fate" is by no means enduring. It can be as fleeting as the tide. This is due to a curse placed upon this god at birth, to remain forever in a state of restlessness. He cannot help but keep the omnipotent wheel of fate in motion, and no matter how he is restrained, he will always endeavour forward.

The second presides over the hearts of men, and is as stereotypically deific as a divine being could hope to be, but alas, she too is cursed. At coming of age her form was twisted and corrupted to be horribly repulsive. While her essence is good and just, and she attracts followers as though guided by an invisible force, men cannot look upon her else be warded off by her image. Despite all this, she is blessed with a righteous persistence and continues her work unfazed. This being is quite unique amongst the three, as her earthen feet are grounded, yet her snowy white head is insecure.

The third is a strange and nondescript being, neither god or goddess, whom governs and presides over the minds of men. It has no true form, but fleeting glimpses have been recounted as shocking beyond anything ever seen. Almost nothing is known of this being, let alone that its presence is eternal, even though its image, such as it is, may rarely be witnessed.

It is told in scholarly culture that, should man desire an audience with a particular one of these three beings, they need only bring the other two together. Once unified, the third will be summoned. This is a law of nature that men discovered and harnessed for their own benefit. Regardless of how it is used, the three beings subject to it are always willing, if not eager to comply.

What is the name of this law?

I want to win, therefore this is the Law of Attraction

The secret... the secret... the secret... the secret... the secret... the secret... the secret... the secret...

#210 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

I want to win, therefore this is the Law of Attraction

The secret... the secret... the secret... the secret... the secret... the secret... the secret... the secret...

I can't really say you're wrong, but you're not right either.

You win 1mil for making a witty observation.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 18 April 2014 - 06:57 AM.

#211 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

I want to win,

You win 1mil

Holy shizzle my nizzle, The Secret is real!!

#212 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:11 AM

I don't know what the 'Law' is called but;

In this world, there are three mighty and divine beings. They rule over men jointly, and each has a specific role.

The first is a dynamic, whimsical god that presides over the fates of men. However, as evidenced by history, "fate" is by no means enduring. It can be as fleeting as the tide. This is due to a curse placed upon this god at birth, to remain forever in a state of restlessness. He cannot help but keep the omnipotent wheel of fate in motion, and no matter how he is restrained, he will always endeavour forward.

Let's just say, men produce a lot of sperm over their lifetime.

The second presides over the hearts of men1, and is as stereotypically deific as a divine being could hope to be, but alas, she too is cursed. At coming of age her form was twisted2and corrupted to be horribly repulsive. While her essence is good and just, and she attracts followers as though guided by an invisible force3, men cannot look upon her else be warded off by her image. Despite all this, she is blessed with a righteous persistence and continues her work unfazed.4This being is quite unique amongst the three, as her earthen feet are grounded, yet her snowy white head is insecure5.

1. Men like women; 2. Puberty; 3. Men like women; 4. Women don't like those howling construction workers; 5. That's sexist.

The third is a strange and nondescript being, neither god or goddess, whom governs and presides over the minds of men. It has no true form, but fleeting glimpses have been recounted as shocking beyond anything ever seen. Almost nothing is known of this being, let alone that its presence is eternal, even though its image, such as it is, may rarely be witnessed.

Beast with two backs.

It is told in scholarly culture that, should man desire an audience with a particular one of these three beings, they need only bring the other two together. Once unified, the third will be summoned. This is a law of nature that men discovered and harnessed for their own benefit. Regardless of how it is used, the three beings subject to it are always willing, if not eager to comply.

Making babies.

Insert bow-chika-wow-wow music here.

Edited by Gantrithor, 18 April 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#213 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

Again, you're partially correct.

The theme is procreation and I assigned genders for a reason, but what you've done is merely rationalise a story put together for the benefit of the reader, in projecting the riddle. You have yet to solve the riddle, or grasp the whole metaphor.

You're not thinking laterally enough ;)

I must admit though, it's pretty Freudian :v

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 18 April 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#214 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

I must admit though, it's pretty Freudian :v

Women are jealous of men because they have penises, and blame their mothers for not giving them penises. Thank you for the 10M zeny :D

Edited by Gantrithor, 18 April 2014 - 07:31 AM.

#215 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

Women are jealous of men because they have penises, and blame their mothers for not giving them penises. Thank you for the 10M zeny :D

I meant the narrative I came up with to mask the riddle was Freudian :P

Still wrong.

Get'cha head out of the gutter!

#216 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

But I like to think Literally, if someone tells me "surrrrre you totally look good in that dress" I'll take it as a compliment :D

Time to take it into Rapid Retard mode

Law of Love

Law of Sex

Law of Nature

Law of Life

Circle of Life

Nants!! Ingonyama!!

Law of Kate Winslet + Leonardo DiCaprio + Car in a Boat

That law that states Leonardo DiCaprio shall never win an Oscar

Law of Troy Buswell + Anything resembling or relating to a female

Law of Desperation

I'm Desperate

Desperado's Law

Bouncy Bouncy ooh such a good time!

Law of Gravity!!

Newton's Law of Motion!!

Hokuto Law

Hokuto Hyakuretsuken

Nanto Law

Nando's Law?

Also, I hate the Jews juice you get in vending machines. I only like freshly squeezed.

Godwin's Law

Are you in some way saying no to abortion?

Edited by Gantrithor, 18 April 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#217 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

Aww. I love a bit of self-depreciation.

How about I give you a riddle then?

---

The second presides over the hearts of men, and is as stereotypically deific as a divine being could hope to be, but alas, she too is cursed. At coming of age her form was twisted and corrupted to be horribly repulsive. While her essence is good and just, and she attracts followers as though guided by an invisible force, men cannot look upon her else be warded off by her image. Despite all this, she is blessed with a righteous persistence and continues her work unfazed. This being is quite unique amongst the three, as her earthen feet are grounded, yet her snowy white head is insecure.

its love/attraction...

Edited by Facekiller, 18 April 2014 - 12:28 PM.

#218 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

But I like to think Literally, if someone tells me "surrrrre you totally look good in that dress" I'll take it as a compliment :D

Time to take it into Rapid Retard mode

Law of Love Nope.

Law of Sex Nope.

Law of Nature Nope.

Law of Life Nope.

Circle of Life Nope.

Nants!! Ingonyama!! Nope.

Law of Kate Winslet + Leonardo DiCaprio + Car in a Boat Nope.

That law that states Leonardo DiCaprio shall never win an Oscar Nope.

Law of Troy Buswell + Anything resembling or relating to a female Nope.

Law of Desperation Nope.

I'm Desperate Yep, but nope.

Desperado's Law Nope.

Bouncy Bouncy ooh such a good time! Nope.

Law of Gravity!! Nope.

Newton's Law of Motion!! Close, but nope.

Hokuto Law Nope.

Hokuto Hyakuretsuken Nope.

Nanto Law Nope.

Nando's Law? Nope.

Also, I hate the Jews juice you get in vending machines. I only like freshly squeezed.

Godwin's Law Nope.

Are you in some way saying no to abortion? Nope.

its love/attraction...

Already been said, and nope.

Close to 12 hours left!

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 18 April 2014 - 05:12 PM.

#219 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

No new takers?

That's sad.

#220 shirotea

shirotea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Location/where
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:22 PM

The only law I could think about left is the laws of physics which is prolly not the right answer. :P

Seriously, where do you people get these riddles from?

#221 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

Hmm...

3660230-3568764363-i-am-.jpg

#222 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

The only law I could think about left is the laws of physics which is prolly not the right answer. :P

Dunno about Gandy, but mine is a paraphrasing/retooling of something I read a LONG time ago.

Also, it is in fact one of the laws of physics. You're almost there.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 18 April 2014 - 10:36 PM.

#223 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

Dang, I need a brain of an internet to win these riddles. :<

Don't worry you'll get there, just keep trying.

A million years ago, when I was a kid, this is what we did to waste time 'cause we didn't have Veedeo Gamez.

I can't remember them word for word, I'm not some kind of savant, so most of mine are paraphrased from what I've heard in the past.

Edited by Gantrithor, 18 April 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#224 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

Dunno about Gandy, but mine is a paraphrasing/retooling of something I read a LONG time ago.

I can't remember them word for word, I'm not some kind of savant, so most of mine are paraphrased from what I've heard in the past.

lolwut. Did we know each other as kids or something?  :p_conf:

#225 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

Also, it is in fact one of the laws of physics. You're almost there.

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETT! I don't know anything about physics =(

Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation

Einstein's Theory of Relativity

Some kind of other Einstein Law thing

Beer's Law

Bronsted-Lowry Proton pairing

eh, idk physics, so I'm out.

lolwut. Did we know each other as kids or something?  :p_conf:

'sup cuz, how have things been going?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users