Want to Represent your Class? Submission Thread! - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Want to Represent your Class? Submission Thread!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#26 AlanShires

AlanShires

Visitor Representative

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:39 AM

Going out on an interesting lim here as a few people have suggested I put myself forward. I remember reading the gms are considering doing something with the visitor class so I would love to be apart of the plans for it.

Class(es) you wish to represent ::
Visitor

Name : TheNextVisitor

Let us know ::

[*]How long have you been playing? (ever take any breaks?)
I first started playing at the back end of the closed bata. I have taken two breaks both for roughly around a year. In total iv made two 230 visitors, both under different circumstances. One was pretty much solo as the 1mil jelly beans in old clan field made it easy to level. The second was a party looter.

[*]What are your focuses on, PvP, PvM or some other aspect of ROSE?
The visitor is an interesting class, it's gear has to be the generic stuff, mine uses the Tutankhamen stuff along with either a cannon or sword. PVP is pointless on it but Pvm can be fun. It's not easy and can't take kings or mobs, but it is a challenging quest character.

[*]Were you part of any Pegasus test groups?
I played on Pegasus many times, not so much on this class.

[*]What are your expectations for the class(es) you wish to represent and how will you help your fellow [class]?
This is dependant on the gms visions. This class if to be powered up I think could be a summon class. No classes anymore really have an exceptional summon. Scouts had the hawk which was great, but other then that no summon really hits the spot. This would be good as it could effectively protect the visitor. It also gives the visitor some time to strategise as it takes an enemy some time to get to the visitor from the location it is at with battling the summon.
I also think it would be Kool if the visitor and the summon where someway linked, so the visitor could take some of its own hp or mp and give it to the summon in a battle or it could be used to power up certain summon attacks.

[*]And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to represent.
Iv made a cannon visitor for range and a sword visitor for speed. The challenge was the reason behind it. I only kept one visitor, but iv had this class for around 6/7 years now.

Edited by ShazamO, 11 April 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#27 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

In-game Name(IGN): graziano/PeIeG

Class(es) you wish to represent: Bowscout

1. How long have you been playing? (ever take any breaks?)
    I've been playing for over a couple of what years now.
  2. What are your focuses on, PvP, PvM or some other aspect of ROSE?
    Motly PVP, but every balance in classes will be good for both aspects in my oppinion
  3. Were you part of any Pegasus test groups?
    No, i never had much time for testing on Pegasus unfortunatly, wish i had. I had my share of thoughts over the years tho.
  4. What are your expectations for the class(es) you wish to represent and how will you help your fellow [class]?
    To balance them out compared to other classes. (i hope this balance for all classes)
  5. And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to represent.
    After a long time playing raider i decided to try out scout for a change, at that time a lot people complained how less they where played and how 'weak' they where (atleast that what they said), Basicly there was nothing wrong with this class but unfortunatly after the skill patch they became such an easy target for most of the classes. They die very easaly and their damage compared to other classes is also prety low in my oppinion.

#28 Movil01

Movil01

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

I wanna know what's your real intention behind all of these? You have the senate thing already even though few of them is not active, but I'm pretty sure they give sufficient information for you already.

Before this thing gets in too deep, I would like to point out that, in order to balance the classes, you don't ask several people to speak up for one specific class of what they want, you are supposed to ask few person to speak up for all classes at once. If you continue this thing, you might get biased opinions because whoever pick whatever classes they represent, they will defend their class more likely, not for the whole thing.

For example, my cleric defense is so low, please nerf the raiders and xbow scout.

I think you are looking for a way to find the best characters of each class in order to have a clearer opinion and Deven specifies that the characters do to resume a balance that was lost

#29 UziDude

UziDude

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Co. USA

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

I'd like to enter. I have a bourg or two....or twelve or fifteen. :D I'd like to enter for Bourg class. AxeMann/UZIDUDE1/UZITANK, etc...

In-game Name(IGN): AxeMann/UZIDUDE1/UZITANK.

Class(es) you wish to represent: Bourgeois.
  • How long have you been playing? (ever take any breaks?)
    I've been playing ever since the second week of the first beta done by Triggersoft. I have played ROSE in some form continuously since then. I took a break from this server for about 3 years, and have been back for about two now.
  • What are your focuses on, PvP, PvM or some other aspect of ROSE?
    I am mostly a farmer, but I do try to build PvP chars., but I am not real big into PvP. I mostly just do CD.
  • Were you part of any Pegasus test groups?
    Yes, twice now. I do it as long as I have time.
  • What are your expectations for the class(es) you wish to represent and how will you help your fellow [class]?
    I expect the class to be able to be a good farmer and a mid level PvP'er. I think the biggest and best thing I can do to help is just what is being suggested here, give input to the owners of what the players think the class should/should not be able to accomplish, and how to achieve that.
  • And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to represent.
    I have more bourgs than any other class, leveled 3 over 200 so far, with a few lower level farmers. I also have two dealer builds that are for artisans. I use them to farm Kings on Orlo, farm drops of interest throughout the game, and to do many dungeons and CD's.

Edited by Zurn, 12 April 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#30 onizuk4

onizuk4

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

In-game Name(IGN)  :: prixy

Class(es) you wish to represent :: Cleric

1. started 2009, no bigger breaks!
    1. my focus is support in PvP like CD or WAR in training grounds, but PvM in past too, but now rarely.
    1. i joined the first, and checked some others after it
  4. What are your expectations for the class(es) you wish to represent and how will you help your fellow [class]?
    1. I want to help to balance the class in compare to all other classes, everyone should have fun on his class, and i want that everyone has to find his own build and playstyle. Thats why its important that the cleric-players has to work together and especially help each other to make find good and different ways to play it.
  5. And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to represent.
    1. My main class is cleric since i started 5 yrs ago, i tried all possible builds and gears to be always best prepared for the fights. Its much fun to work on a build to make it best possible after skillupdates or changes. I prefer to work with some other pro clerics ingames together to help the dev-team.

#31 rhaiin23

rhaiin23

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:07 AM

Ign : st3al(fs cleric)

I want to represent cleris.

I started playing rose since beta. Had break for a years and i played it now straight since january..

I did not part of the pegsus server now..

I focus more on pvp to have the tank type/blocker. And for pvm aspects i can share my pvm style on my fellow clerics..

I am expecting for the 3rd job of cleric to separate battle cleric from full support it makes the taem balancing in Game Arena(PvP)..
Even you cant do new skills for it.. It just okay at keast fs and bc become different..
Just for example Full support cleric become "priest" and battle cleric become "siege" or "shaman" isnt it..
Therefore im expecting for other healing skills and defensive skills for full support.

I have the experience for being support for a years... Any mmorpg i played i was supporting my team/friends. And here at rose the most enjoyable support....

#32 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

I wanna know what's your real intention behind all of these? You have the senate thing already even though few of them is not active, but I'm pretty sure they give sufficient information for you already.

Before this thing gets in too deep, I would like to point out that, in order to balance the classes, you don't ask several people to speak up for one specific class of what they want, you are supposed to ask few person to speak up for all classes at once. If you continue this thing, you might get biased opinions because whoever pick whatever classes they represent, they will defend their class more likely, not for the whole thing.

For example, my cleric defense is so low, please nerf the raiders and xbow scout.

In a sense, this is "the Senate" as you will be representing others. I'm simply providing more focus and guidance behind what is represented. Much like a state has a senator, classes will have a representative.

We're not going to be solely listening to the single class group for balance suggestions. What this is, is a means to have a focused point of access to getting feedback for that class. The discussions will still be across all classes, but there will be fewer voices, that represent more en mass. As for bias opinions, there is always going to be a bias opinion, which is what makes it just that, opinion. And that's part of what we're looking for. It is also the reason why we're going to go through a voting process so the community can also show their support to various candidates of their class.

Finally, in the end, it is still up to us, the development team, to structure the feedback and decide what to do with it. This is not a democracy, and majority will not always win. Your example, for example, would not be taken based on what was provided alone. If you think your Cleric's defenses are too low, you will need to state why. Why you think it is, why you think it should be more, and then we'll discuss solutions. Offered solutions are always appreciated, but if they don't make sense, it doesn't make sense to implement it.

So, what's my "real intention behind all of these?" It's been stated as clear as I think it can be. We're looking for players who wish to represent their community for a class, so that we can have more eyes and ears to the community so feedback can be better sorted through for what's important, desired and enjoyed. We want to try to avoid situations like, the purify nerf, where had it been discussed a bit more, might not have been such a shock or time ordeal to reach where it is now.

Does that help make better sense?

#33 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

When's the deadline for application submission?

#34 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

When's the deadline for application submission?

Currently, there is no deadline for submissions. 

We'll see when entries start to taper off. 

#35 NoobMeister

NoobMeister

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNear Storage

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

In-game Name(IGN)  ::   NoobMeister

Class(es) you wish to represent ::    Scout (Bow)

1. How long have you been playing? (ever take any breaks?)    I've played for several years, started playing before it became ROSE Evolution. I've taken several breaks due to the lack of content in the game over the years the longest being for about 3 years.
  2. What are your focuses on, PvP, PvM or some other aspect of ROSE?   Mostly PvM (Dungeons, Kings), but do PvP occationally.
  3. Were you part of any Pegasus test groups?   I was not part of Pegasus.
  4. What are your expectations for the class(es) you wish to represent and how will you help your fellow [class]?   I see the Scout as a Hunter. Stealthy, Setting traps, Quick to get from one point to another, and unseen until it's too late. Not much of a face to face fighter and easy to kill if caught. I've had several people message me and ask me how to be a good Scout (which most would consider a horrible scout due to my idea of the class) but have helped some who have asked out with the class to the best of my abilities.
  5. And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to represent.  My history with the class started when I saw that not many Scouts were being used in CD at one point so I made one just to be different, by the time I had reached level 230 they were everywhere due to them being "overpowered" at the time. I've played the Scout for about about 2 years (including when I took a break from the game).

#36 XsybilX

XsybilX

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

In-game Name(IGN)  :: Sybil (Draconis)

Class(es) you wish to represent :: Mage

As this is a community service and volunteer position, we (and you) want to have the support of the community behind you!

For those whom may not know you, we invite you to include information along with you candidacy as a representative.

1. How long have you been playing? (ever take any breaks?): I've been playing ROSE since September, 2005 (or for those who remember my old ways: Sybil has been within the Realm for around 9 years). There have been breaks in between, yes, but I, in between, still spied on the boards to see the new happenings. I am currently planning on being here (my past leave was mainly due to personal reasons and work schedules) to play and experience these new changes.

2. What are your focuses on, PvP, PvM or some other aspect of ROSE?: PvM, and I usually scheme up my own stories due to my attachment to the idea of a MMORPG.

3. Were you part of any Pegasus test groups?: No.

4. What are your expectations for the class(es) you wish to represent and how will you help your fellow [class]?: Balance. It is not expected that I will pronounce the ultimate sayings on all that is mystic and that we will hold supreme power over the rest. I will expect to assist in holding meets, listening to opinions, and helping the others in our class gather information and resources to present them, correctly, to the powers that be. We can be disturbingly powerful, or we can be the hand upon a Solder's shoulder, healing and assisting.

5. And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to represent.: In my time on ROSE, most would know me for Sybil, and, most would know Sybil as as Muse/Mage. It is the class that in any MMORPG I've played that I enjoy most and would like to volunteer my time in gathering those who want to improve it. I have never in all my years here stated to be an expert, but I feel I can help gather everyone's thoughts. 

Edited by XsybilX, 11 April 2014 - 10:38 PM.

#37 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

In-game Name(IGN):  Just4Kill, BetaTester, Jin4Kill

Server : Draconis

Class(es) you wish to represent: Bourg (Gun), Raider (Dual), Knight (1H)

How long have you been playing? (ever take any breaks?)
I have been playing about 2 years and before new skill exist about 5 months. During 2 years, I have been playing all classes that Rose has.

What are your focuses on, PvP, PvM or some other aspect of ROSE?
I am mainly PvP type and do CD mostly. So in my application, I will mention only PvP and War/CD about the classes I apply

I also do farming Epic sometimes while CD is not running.

Were you part of any Pegasus test groups?
Yes, I have been testing twice and gave up the idea on some change.

What are your expectations for the class(es) you wish to represent and how will you help your fellow [class]?
As Dual Raider class, I could say in term of PvP almost all skill benefit this class in every aspect.. High dodge, good accu, good debuff in almost every single stats. and also have own high dodge/def selfbuff. If I could get to represent this class, I could help to balance this class in term of pvp and war/cd.

As Gun Bourg, currently it has been pretty fine. If have good build and really get used to how to play long range class, this class can make raiders, bow scout, mage, cleric headache in War/CD.

As 1h Knight, this class suppose to be welling support for team, so my 1h Knight is really build to support my team for cleric and mage. It can be powerful and annoying for enemy team as well on 4 aoe, sacri, taunt debuff, and make your cleric more comfortable on protection. I have been seeing people keep saying Knight is OP. To me I don't really think so, if the are made for  a few players on other class except mage or battle cleric to take down, they should not be called as Kngiht for supporting team.

About fellow class, most pvp players in Draco know my charactes, and whoever dare to ask me for help to build their char, I always help. Not even these 3 classes, but most of the job I have played.

And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to represent.
As dual, I have been using it pvp since new skill exist, and it has not been defeated yet by any raiders. I do know about how to pvp with another raider either katar or another dual about stacking stuff. it is just about timing along a bit with stat and gear. But most of the time if you have good stat and gear, raider fight is about timing. I also use Dual to solo king when I am farming epic. Just petty fine, when I do not need to bring cleric beside. Only use cleric to buff and go ahead for solo.

As Gun Bourg, this class has been ignored recently until this new patch because it was really squishy and most gun user prefer to be BA according to aoe sleep, 2 stun and Judgement Knight summon. However, many people choose to come back for gun bourg in PvP and CD because of fast kill by own atsp selfbuff, they also have time to survive from dodge selfbuff if they are facing another closed range trying to kill.

As Knight, I have played knight along with other classes for  2 years, and I play CD every day that is active. So I know each classes' duty in CD. I won't talk about Knight for 1 vs 1 among player in TG. since knight is made to support the team, not to solo killing. So I always doing my job as 1H Knight to keep my Cleric and Mage survive.

And this is my Knight war/cd guide build: Here (Just Updated)

Edited by FireJin, 12 April 2014 - 01:30 AM.

#38 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:09 AM

In-game Name(IGN)  :: gammastre (FS cleric)/Xyrn (BC), [REDACTED] (Battle Arti), Aristocrat (mage)

Server :: Draconis

Class(es) you wish to represent :: Cleric (FS, BC), Mage, Artisan (crafting + battle)

As this is a community service and volunteer position, we (and you) want to have the support of the community behind you!

For those whom may not know you, we invite you to include information along with you candidacy as a representative.

Started when it first came to Steam, so...about a year and a half now. Haven't truly taken any breaks aside from occasional busy/vacation weeks.
    War PvP (not too interested in 1v1 PvP or selfbuff PvP), PvM/dungeons (both soloing and group things), and leveling (soloing and party).
    Joined in on the first massive skill update and every Pegasus testing session since..I think. Maybe missed one.
    tl;dr: I want to help make the classes more interesting and varied to build and play, mainly through giving them more abilities. Sure, you can give your character more def at the cost of ap or whatever, but the play style will still pretty much be the same as anyone else. FS -- cycle through heals, if you're bored or good enough, maybe toss a few buffs or purifies or mutes around. BC/BA -- target and smack to death. Mages are pretty fine as they are though. I won't go and talk about wanting things to be balanced because that should naturally be an overarching goal, but I think having more varied builds will make balancing easier because then certain builds will have to be more specialized in killing certain things and dying to certain things, with each subbuild of a class able to account for different subbuilds of the respective class they are supposed to counter.
    FS Cleric: I would like to see ROSE much less dependent on this class. As it stands, you can barely do anything without buffs. Sure, you can do self-buff PvP (or no-buff PvP), but the match either ends so quickly based on luck (did I stun first? If so, I can kill you in a few hits while you are still stunned or you can only squeeze in a hit or two) or is so slow and dull that people get bored (Used to 350% aspd when buffed, and now I just look silly slowly waving my weapon around at 150%). I would also like to see more types of heals. Restore has a nifty Heal over Time effect, but it's so tiny and lasts so shortly that nobody even bothers to be tactical about using it. It is still treated as your normal heal. Maybe cleric can branch out and specialize into different types of healing approaches: (1) FS that pretty much only has instant heals, fewer heals, higher CD. (2) FS that pretty much only has HoT, has more heals to use (or just higher heal potential), but heals activate slower so maybe lower CD. (3) FS that can be a hybrid between the two. (4) Summoner type where you can summon flames or summon "heal stations" (similar to scout traps) that "die" after healing a certain amount. Aside from the buffslave/heal spammer, FS have all but disappeared, not only because they cannot easily get 200 in every CD game and they are slightly squishier now, but also because it's just so dull and boring to play. Even with MP costs raised, you don't usually have to pay intense attention to your MP and healing habits.
    BC Cleric: BCs are currently very very powerful...and absolutely dull to play and build. Everyone pretty much has the same build, and all you have to do is target, let 'er rip, occasionally spam voltage storm to get random kills, and use the occasional sleep/mute/voltage jolt to escape. BCs basically have the same AP/ASPD as battle arti or gun bourg, but while BA and GB have def pierce and sometimes have to go through as much as 6-10k def, BCs only have to go through 2-4k mdef (we all know it is completely impractical to wear a bunch of Luminous gear just to counter a couple of BCs when there are plenty of other deadly things around). Add to the fact that BCs will themselves have 5-6k def easily to be tanky and 20% stackable Additional Damage from Mental Focus, and you basically have a very overpowered, boring class that bullies and kills everything. Many of our FS turned BC because BC is the new easy 200points class. I would like to see much less linearity in building BCs. The BC is a fun class because it's a magic class that doesn't solely rely on skills, but because it is a magic class, it should have to somewhat rely on skilling. Perhaps something like activating a defensive skills/buffs at key moments in the battle. For example, maybe the BC is a run-of-the-mill offensive character...until it activates ASPD or DEF or AP buff. It should be possible to activate the buffs in succession with only a few seconds of cooldown in between the activations, but some of the buffs/debuffs will share cooldown. Suppose you have the choice of targeting a spear champ or a dual raider. Will you decide to activate an ASPD buff or an AP buff? Maybe a DODGE debuff that shares cd with ASPD buff? Turn half of your HP into AP (..scaled way down to like 10% of HP of course (e.g. 20k HP, activate buff to have only 10k HP while buff is active, increase AP by 1k))? This is just one possible idea for making BCs more interesting. Hopefully less linearity and more skill in knowing when to use various skills would result in a more balanced enemy/class.
    Mage: I think mages are in a pretty good spot as it stands. There are many different types of builds available at the cost of various things. The Ice and Sorcery trees could do with a revamp since they are relatively useless still. Half of the Ice Tree is completely useless since its debuffs, such as the aspd debuff, barely do anything to a buffed up enemy. You would have to stack so much charm that every other debuff like aural pierce would be complete overkill. The sorcery tree might be nice for its mute properties, but it is pretty much purely for 1v1 PvP. The skill powers are not particularly impressive either. I would like to see possible war builds with the sorcery tree.
    Battle Arti: Similar to BC, I hope BA will evolve to be much less linear. I hear that the BA will gain support skills and have the ability to be a more supportive class than only always a mad serial killer, which is a pretty exciting future for the BA. BAs have basically been replaced with the Gun Bourg since GBs almost always defeat BAs in straight gun fights and deal more damage and get more kills in CD, especially with the 100% aspd buff. But with possible new support skills coming, I think it is difficult to say much about this class and any balancing that needs tweaking.
    Crafting Arti: The upcoming database update should hopefully pave the way for more/better things to craft, but I would like to make it so that good crafting has more of an impact on gameplay than simply buying reroll hammers or whatever. When was the last time anyone used lvl 120, 140, 180 armor? Especially of the crafted variety? Sen artis are pretty much completely out of style except for crafting accessories or lvl 200 gear.

Edit - Leveling: I think it should be possible to have some leveling to be kind of like training for end-game content so that you don't only practice war PvP/PvP after you've maxed and geared up to practice in TG/CD. If you're completely new to the whole PvP/DG scene after you've leveled high enough to participate, it is often easy to be discouraged by how weak or clueless you are. Also, soloing should be a viable option for leveling since some people just don't like to party or feel like partying at the moment. As it is now, you can sort of solo provided you are relatively geared up and an offensive class. FS Clerics have no real method of soloing unless they go hybrid/mage and reset later on to level via Party (leveling with just your own buffs and support skills is pretty much a joke unless you are super geared up). And leveling via party as an FS cleric is completely different from War/CD/DG. There should be some method for FS to practice being smart about healing people while they are leveling. This could be done in a Quest or Instance form, and it doesn't necessarily have to provide [a lot or any] EXP. For example, an FS could be required to keep 3 crystals alive as they are being attacked by wave after wave of monsters for 3 minutes. The higher level you become, the harder the monsters hit, and you have to be smart about using which heals for which crystals, where to purify, etc. Other classes could have similar things such as BA for learning when to AOE Sleep or run and hit, launcher bourg learning how to time AOEs and run in a lure-like manner to make the most of the smaller AOE ranged AOEs, etc. For the offensive classes, this type of "training" could be done with a few tweaks of mobs and their AIs.

(I understand that my ideas are quite large-scale and would be very taxing on the development team. Just take them with the Dead Sea~)

FS Cleric was my second class, originally created to help gear up my Duals raider (first class, even before the big update when they were absolute crap). It turned into my main class as I began to enjoy having control over people's lives and deaths and creating tactics for the team.
    BC/BA/Mage haven't been around nearly as long. But BC/BA I play much anymore since they became so easy to play and stay at the top of the CD board.
    I mostly play FS, Duals (but I'll leave that to others since they have similar ideas), and Mage these days. As you can probably see, I like support/debuff characters. My Mage is more interested in supporting and staying alive long enough to support than killing things immediately. It supports with debuffs and large HP drains via many AOEs that allow everyone else to quickly get the kills. Quantity of AOEs over Quality of AOEs in this case (so some of the AOEs aren't lvl 5).

Edited by Nifa, 13 April 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#39 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

Thank you guys for your submissions :ok:

Make sure to check your PM's for a message from Leonis and myself. 

If you still want to represent a class, submit your application to myself or on this thread.

#40 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

In-game Name(IGN)  :: BlueSkyeGunner and/or DETON8

Class(es) you wish to represent :: Artisan

1. How long have you been playing? (ever take any breaks?) October of 2005; a few breaks from forum but not really from game except a couple times for a few months following surgeries.

2. What are your focuses on, PvP, PvM or some other aspect of ROSE? PvM, crafting, farming, valor questing, premium benefits.

3. Were you part of any Pegasus test groups? A few times over the years I have taken part in testing skills on Pegasus.

4. What are your expectations for the class(es) you wish to represent and how will you help your fellow [class]? I really would like to see the artisan become a more integral part of the economy of the game, encompassing much more than gems and accessories. I would like for many more crafted items to be highly sought by the community. While I am a big fan of the Item Mall, I would also like to see a lot more craftable items as valuable additions to the game, especially as pertaining to lower level characters. While the focus of many players seems to be achieving the highest level as quickly as possible, I am a unique player in that I enjoy having characters of all levels. I would like for more players to realize the full potential of the different maps in game, for farming materials but also to develop the different levels of armor and weapons into something more useful to the player. I use the lower level unique weapons extensively now because the crafted weapons for most if not all character levels are much stronger, and I'd like to see changes to where it is profitable for the artisan to craft more useful weapons and armor for all levels, thus helping new players as well, as I believe they should have access to high quality crafted items at prices they can afford. I'd also like to see more class-specific quests for all classes in game, beginning at or near the point of first choosing a class in AP.

I have often wished for crafted accessories that are solely for different stages of leveling, such as sets with a requirement for level 20 to 35, for example, and also class-specific craftable accessories for lower level characters. Ultimately, I would like to see it be desirable to have different levels of characters for a variety of reasons, with perhaps the incorporation into premium accounts the option to REMAIN at a certain level for a specified time. I do make use of the experience nullifiers a lot, and was very happy to see them added a few years ago to the in-game NPCs. I believe there is so much to be gained for most people's leveling process to make it worthwhile to spend some time at different stages and different maps in the game. Luna is extremely under-utilized, and I'd like to see it and other maps be used much more, to the advantage of the player and also to the benefit of the long-term development of the game

5. And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to represent. I've had an artisan through all stages of the game; when they were terribly weak and difficult to level (and got no exp for crafting!); when they were offensive brutes; and now enjoy being able to craft everything that's craftable and maintain the ability to survive in PvM.

While I am not a PvP fan (I'm entirely too high strung :blink: ), I believe I have enough experience with artisans in leveling and crafting to make a good representative of the class, and I really enjoy playing them!

#41 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:55 AM

In-game Name  :: ThunderLance

Class you wish to represent :: Knight

I've played this game since 2006, I've had a couple breaks in between from a couple months.

My Knight focusses on PvP, mainly on Crystal Defenders, i play it for fun. Sometimes i run dungeons on it too.

I have been part of Pegasus in the past.

My expectations for this class are that they get their points system in Crystal Defenders completely reworked, the points right now are so bad and don't make any sense at all.

What do Knights get points for right now?? When a knight gets kills he gets lowest points, when he does a lot of damage he gets lowest points, when he has blocked a thousand attacks he gets lowest points.

Knights are supposed to be the most annoying class in Crystal Defenders, in my opinion they can be. But they get 0 reward for doing anything. It's a huge flaw in Crystal Defenders in my opinion.

I would like to see Knights in Crystal Defenders get points for amount of people taunted, for amount of attacks or for amount of damage blocked, but also for gettings kills and doing damage, they seem to get next to no points from that right now.

I've played Knight in the past in both PvP and PvM, I think i have a good idea about what Knights can do, what they should do and what they should be able to do.

I've played Knight in Crystal Defenders a couple times and I'm honestly surprised theres still people playing this class, it's extremely helpful to have at least one knight in your team, they are like a second Supportive class and can be really frustrating for the enemy. Even with the extremely low amount of points Knights get in Crystal Defenders, I still enjoy playing it, and it seems that other do too, these people should be rewarded for it.

I dont want a lot of changes for Knights, Knights are one of the most balanced classes in the game in my opinion, they do what they have to do. It's mainly a Crystal Defender problem, they do well there but simply don't get rewarded for it. What exactly does a Knight do to get points? It seems that points are mostly given for amount of Healing and for doing Damage and killing people, Knights don't really do any of that.

I do think taunts should get reworked, a taunt right now only makes people who are attacking someone target you and attack you. When someone isn't attacking anyone, and they get taunted, they just turn towards you, nothing else happens. Taunts in PvP should work more like forcing someone to attack you for 2-3 seconds, after that they should be able to attack anyone else, which right now they are able to do inmediatly.

Edited by ThunderBug, 13 April 2014 - 05:19 AM.

#42 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

I've received a number of entries and we're fairly well covered for most classes, some too well! :) Voting is looking to begin towards the end of this week and we'll allow it to run over next weekend.

There are some of you, who should have received a response to your entry, going over some basic expectations of the position, so please make sure you respond and confirm you are still willing to participate as a representative. If I don't get a confirmation, I may not include your name to the "ballot" when we initiate voting. Unresponsiveness is an indication you may not be able to participate with what's needed as a representative, as communication is key and vital to being able to get that feedback from the community.

Check your mail boxes if you haven't confirmed with me already please! Thank you. :)

#43 ChaosPaladin

ChaosPaladin

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Gensokyo

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

In-game Name(IGN)  :: ChaosMagician

Class(es) you wish to represent :: Mage

Around 2 years. Have been playing since then with no major breaks.

Both of them. But if I had to choose between one of them, I would pick PvP, since there're not many people playing PvM in these days. But I also enjoy doing some events when I've free time.

I tested in a non-oficial team the last skill update with the stacking effects.

Well, I believe the high possibility of skills that Mages have now are enough to be placed between one of the best classes in the game. You can choose between 1x1, AOE, Debuff, Hybrid, and at the same time, between skills Water, Wind, Fire, etc...

Also, there're a lot of "bad" skills for Mage in their Skill Tree, like the Sorcery Type. Maybe if you guys could changing it (adding some AOE eff on the existent skills or increasing the damage of them) or adding new skills ones it could be better for the Sorcery Tree.

Other than that, I have nothing to report at the atual moment of the game. For the last update, both Windwalker as Blaze Skills are excellent both in PVP as for PVM.

5. And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to 

Well, I own other characters too, but no doubt this is the character I most enjoy playing (except when it comes to Super Boss... It's a pain playing as a Mage with all that lag...). 

I recognize that there are currently few Mages (at least that I see), but I think with the new update may change a bit this situation. I remember that there are about 4 months ago Mages were too OP, the point that was common to see 3 or 4 Mages per team on CD. 

My point here it's not to say that I want Mages to be OP, but I want to be able to fight "properly" agaisnt each class.

Well, I guess that is it...

Edited by ChaosPaladin, 16 April 2014 - 11:22 AM.

#44 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

As Leonis and ShazamO both now know, I have decided to gracefully withdraw from the competition. I don't feel that I'd make a good community representative due to my inability to communicate well with others on a regular basis, and God knows I don't wanna PvP!!

I'm really excited at the possibilities that come with this new idea of representation, and sincerely hope it is beneficial to the game for everyone.

All my best to the community.

xxx

Pep

#45 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

That'sa bummer pep, it's not a competition though. I felt you could have been one of the better candidates for a rep. Maybe next time. 

#46 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

well am a long old school artisan player i have bin true it all and i am in this still so there will be some good things to speak of when it comes to artisans i guess :)

#47 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Guess I should sign up for this.

In-game Name(IGN)  :: IcePhish, TurtleG, MelonDecoy etc.

Class(es) you wish to represent ::  Champion, Bourgeois (launcher), Cleric (battle) are the ones I am most up to date with currently.

How long have you been playing? (ever take any breaks)?

I started playing NaRose December 2007. I took a break for a couple months before p2p and had a few sessions of inactivity from 2011-2014 but for the most part have been active during my time with Rose.

What are your focuses on, PvP, PvM or some other aspect of Rose?

Mostly PvP. The older a game is, the more the single player aspect loses its charm in my opinion. PvM is more interesting when there are new places to explore or there is a reason to farm.

Yes, if Pegasus makes a launch I usually try to check out the updates and give feedback when I can.

What are your expectations for the class(es) you wish to represent and how will you help your fellow [class]?

In a perfect world all classes should be balanced yet diverse and have potential for different builds and playstyles.

And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to represent.

I don't want to bore anyone with my life story but I've played all classes and have given feedback for on balance changes regarding all of them throughout the years. I have a respectable understanding of the game mechanics in Rose as well.

Edited by Phish, 14 April 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#48 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

That'sa bummer pep, it's not a competition though. I felt you could have been one of the better candidates for a rep. Maybe next time. 

Thank you so much! I guess "competition" wasn't exactly the right word. It's just that I can go days, weeks, or months with no desire to communicate with the outside world, and I really believe that a community representative should be much more available to the community than I ever will be. I'm quite unpredictable and eccentric, and those qualities do not make for a reliable team player.

I plan to give feedback more often however, which I discussed with Leonis. I think that's the best option for me at this point. And *mwah* to you! ;)

#49 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:50 PM

Lol, pep, I really miss your charm around here. It will do us all a great deal of good to have your opinions stated more often, if you'd ever like to get into talks on skype, let me know :) a few of us have each other added to discuss things in a clean slated environment. Anti-socialists like yourself are always welcome haha x) 

#50 SpawN9999

SpawN9999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

Guess I should sign up for this.

In-game Name(IGN)  :: IcePhish, TurtleG, MelonDecoy etc.

Class(es) you wish to represent ::  Champion, Bourgeois (launcher), Cleric (battle) are the ones I am most up to date with currently.

How long have you been playing? (ever take any breaks)?

I started playing NaRose December 2007. I took a break for a couple months before p2p and had a few sessions of inactivity from 2011-2014 but for the most part have been active during my time with Rose.

What are your focuses on, PvP, PvM or some other aspect of Rose?

Mostly PvP. The older a game is, the more the single player aspect loses its charm in my opinion. PvM is more interesting when there are new places to explore or there is a reason to farm.

Yes, if Pegasus makes a launch I usually try to check out the updates and give feedback when I can.

In a perfect world all classes should be balanced yet diverse and have potential for different builds and playstyles.

I don't want to bore anyone with my life story but I've played all classes and have given feedback for on balance changes regarding all of them throughout the years. I have a respectable understanding of the game mechanics in Rose as well.

what took you so long?

Edited by SpawN9999, 14 April 2014 - 07:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users