Want to Represent your Class? Submission Thread! - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Want to Represent your Class? Submission Thread!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#51 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

Phish aren't exactly fast on land, and you can't put a computer underwater just yet. 

#52 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:32 AM

However, since the last update, even with the implementation of new skills, I believe that the balance between the other classes was completely shaken. For example, Mages has, by its very nature, a low Accuracy. It is very difficult to hit a Raider or a Scout due to its high dodge. While a Raider or Scout has 4 - 5k Dodge, a Mage, has only 1600 Accuracy, maybe a little more. So perhaps it would be interesting to slightly increase the Passives Skills Accuracy of Mages, a little bit would be good. I'm pretty sure that isnt only the Mages with this problem, but since I normally play only with my Mage, I can't detail more than this.

Sorry if this is off-topic but my Mage has all the accuracy passives and has 1971 Accuracy Unbuffed...

I disagree on you saying Mages need an increase on their Accuracy passives. They have the best accuracy passives in the game in my opinion.

1733fa557f.jpg

Edited by ThunderBug, 15 April 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#53 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

Let's not make the thread a discussion, this is intended just for applications and the topic at hand. If you wish to discuss class balances, please take it to somewhere appropriate. :)

I'm sure there will be plenty of time to discuss opinions once we have established who our representatives will be. :)

Thank you. :thumb2:

#54 ThunderBug

ThunderBug

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

Let's not make the thread a discussion, this is intended just for applications and the topic at hand. If you wish to discuss class balances, please take it to somewhere appropriate. :)

I'm sure there will be plenty of time to discuss opinions once we have established who our representatives will be. :)

Thank you. :thumb2:

That's why i said sorry if it's off topic :P

Feel free to delete it ^^

Was just trying to mention that the accuracy buffs don't need a buff but you are right, discussions are for later.

Just wanted to state out that statement was wrong though :P

#55 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

I wouldn't say they were wrong, because it is simply an opinion. :) To help understand why, you may want to bring to the discussion, questions to why they believe that way rather than deny their opinion, so you may understand their viewpoint. It may be they are missing a consideration that you have, or you may not have one that they do. In either case, I hope the idea that no one is wrong or right when it comes to discussions is something that can be adopted. Instead, let it be a matter of agreeing or disagreeing.

If we have a clear case of "right" and "wrong", we probably wouldn't bother with discussions in the first place and there would be "perfect balance" already, since there's a definitive "right" way of how things should be. ;)

#56 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

I think he was drunk when he posted that. He doesn't have accu passives. I'll knock some sense into him before he gets put up for the judging~

#57 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

Okay everyone, if there's someone you know who would be good as a representative, please get in touch with them. Things are starting to slow down, we're going to close applications so we can move on to voting.

Please try to get any applicants in before the end of tomorrow, April 16th, 2014 (11:59PM UTC/GMT -7 hours)

#58 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

In-game Name(IGN)  :: MidnightSmurf, MedicSmurf, BrainySmurf

Class(es) you wish to represent :: Artisan, mainly the crafting aspect

How long have you been playing? (ever take any breaks?)

Played for a good long time with many breaks starting before it went p2p, no idea when that was.

What are your focuses on, PvP, PvM or some other aspect of ROSE?

Dungeons, and the occasional CD. Enjoy testing builds in TG or DoD with friends. Amazed with putting skills stats and equipment together, a hobby of mine.

Were you part of any Pegasus test groups?

Yes

What are your expectations for the class(es) you wish to represent and how will you help your fellow [class]?

To bring it back :)

And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to represent.

I wrote so much negative things I decided to erase this part. Enough to say is that I feel the class has fallen into a state of decay.

Which was your first clan in Rose?

IrishSociety

How would you prefer to work with this development?

I'll be more then happy to join any ventrilo/teamspeak/raidcall/skype, you name it, to help things go smoother. I do have a full time job so wont be able to make it during those hours, sometimes adjustable.
Before a talk I'd like to be given info what the team themself feel are missing with the class, what thoughts they have had. And after I recieved that info I'll take what I have from all the years I've played and the friends I talked with and write suggestions down. These suggestions I would then take with me to this call.

#59 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

Which was your first clan in Rose?

IrishSociety

How would you prefer to work with this development?

I'll be more then happy to join any ventrilo/teamspeak/raidcall/skype, you name it, to help things go smoother. I do have a full time job so wont be able to make it during those hours, sometimes adjustable.
Before a talk I'd like to be given info what the team themself feel are missing with the class, what thoughts they have had. And after I recieved that info I'll take what I have from all the years I've played and the friends I talked with and write suggestions down. These suggestions I would then take with me to this call.

i cant remember thay ask this when i aplayed :P

#60 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

Leonis server In-game Name (IGN) : DestinyDeoxys (Cleric), oOPorygonOo (Mage)
Class(es) you wish to represent : Cleric, Mage

1. How long have you been playing? (ever take any breaks?)

Started since Summer 2006, have been actively playing since then, only took 2 months break one or two times.

2. What are your focuses on, PvP, PvM or some other aspect of ROSE?

I have all 8 subclass at Lv. 230, and a total of 12 characters at Lv. 230.

PvP - I only deal with war PvP such as crystal defender and training ground clan wars, but I rarely play with self buff 1 vs 1 PvP and full buff 1 vs 1 PvP

PvM - I play one dungeon game per day (cave of ulverick, hall of oblivion, sea of dawn) on average, there isn't anything I can do besides these, because they are the only PvM left to do in this game when all your characters are at max level. Sometimes I will take my launcher bourg to use medal of fortune/retrieval to farm bosses around the 3 planets, and take a look on moon sister inguz to see if anyone farming it

Other aspect of ROSE - I vend when I need zulies for getting Tome unique skills and equipment needs, I shop around to see if I can find mis-priced stuff to make zulies rather than farming items to make zulies

3. Were you part of any Pegasus test groups?

Ever since the introduction of Pegasus, I've never miss any session of Pegasus testing.

4. What are your expectations for the class(es) you wish to represent and how will you help your fellow [class]?

I wasn't going to sign up for this class representative thing if Leonis do not co-sign the campaign listed in the link below that I asked for, but since Leonis admitted the heavy dependence of cleric for this game and agreed for changes in the future, then I will be responsible to help feedback and monitor any imbalances.

http://forums.warppo...opic/149887-hi/

My expectation for the cleric class, is actually not what most people expected, I hope this class will keep their supportive role in this game but it does not bottleneck the flow of this game. But so far, after the class skill balance update until now, this class is pretty balanced, I wouldn't expect any need of changes until ROSE finally finish the database upgrade.

And my expectation for the mage class is sadly the same, after the class skill balance update untill now, it is also very well balanced with tons of skill build unlike the raider, scouts, bourgs, artis, champs, knights which they only have different skill build if they opt a diffferent weapon. Clerics and mages have different skill build given that they are just using wand and staff only. The only thing that I don't like about mage is how the skill range passive skill are linked below those MP passive, and the water mastery is lackluster, some unique skill add-on might need improvement, but not gonna mention them now.

5. And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to represent.

Played cleric since 2006 and played mage since 2009. After the most recent class/skill update, these two classes are the one that I picked to play the most because they are the only ones that need careful skill and stat selection. I made a long skill/stat guide for each of these two classes, and you can tell how deep I know these classes.

Cleric

http://forums.warppo...s-v496-updated/

Mage

http://forums.warppo...s-v496-updated/

#61 ChaosPaladin

ChaosPaladin

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Gensokyo
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Sorry if this is off-topic but my Mage has all the accuracy passives and has 1971 Accuracy Unbuffed...

I disagree on you saying Mages need an increase on their Accuracy passives. They have the best accuracy passives in the game in my opinion.

1733fa557f.jpg

Each Mage works better for his (or her) owner... But even buffed, and with Lava Set, I won't pass 1.8k accuracy.

Acc_Buff.png

And unbuffed, my accurary won't get even in 1k... I only have the Muse's Accuracy Passives, since I spend more SP on AOEs skills than passives ones, but still, it's clearly to me a Mage to focus in killing Raiders and Scouts...

Acc_Unbuffed.png

I won't try to enter on any kind of discussion here, since this isnt the place or the topic of this kind of conversation... But, for me, it seems very cheap to cast 10 spells and hit only 1... That's the point of my problem...

Anyway, I just want to make this game balanced for all classes, but since I play most as a Mage, I'll try to make the Mages well balanced first... That's why I also mentioned the "advantage" against Champs, for ex...

#62 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

Chaos you need to log on. And stop hijacking the thread.

#63 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

If you've made the time to get on the forums and make this comment, you also have the time to give some feedback yourself about "what's wrong with the pvp and pvm system".

Woops looks like the comment I replied to got deleted already.

Edited by jerremy, 15 April 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#64 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

Any further posts that aren't on topic are going to get removed.

#65 CuriousTurtle

CuriousTurtle

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:25 PM

In-game Name(IGN)  :: LtFoxtrot

Class(es) you wish to represent :: Spear Champ

Let us know ::

1. How long have you been playing? (ever take any breaks?)  2-3 years give or take. Took a break about a year.
  2. What are your focuses on, PvP, PvM or some other aspect of ROSE?  PVP (Game Arena Only), PVM (Dungeons)
  3. Were you part of any Pegasus test groups?  Yes, but not on this character. 
  4. What are your expectations for the class(es) you wish to represent and how will you help your fellow [class]?  I expect a cookie when im on losing cause i deserved it. But when it comes to Game Arena, spears are pretty good but terrible in 1v1. Right now it is perfect the way it is. As for my "fellow [class]", please stay away from this class. Its mine!!!     -ps: Its all on utilizing what already been given to you (skills) as a Spear Champ.
  5. And finally a brief history of experience that you have had with the Class you want to represent.  This is my only 3rd favorite class all in all, but this is the most easiest and fun class to play. However, it is a bit of a challenge when it comes to PVP (Game Arena) and when 1v1 (in some cases). Its all on good cleric and good team when you play Game Arena and PVM. But if I ever see you playing Spear Champ in Game Arena, don't even try running cause i will catch you like a pokemon! :p_devil: 

Edited by CuriousTurtle, 15 April 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#66 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

In-game Name(IGN)  :: MidnightSmurf, MedicSmurf, BrainySmurf

Class(es) you wish to represent :: Artisan, mainly the crafting aspect

you'll do better than that erik! :)

#67 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:29 AM

You have forgotten the Visitor.  There are actually a number of people in the game that have Visitors.  Both Alan Shires and Maxman have visitors and really enjoy the class.  I think Alan did submit to be their representative and I think you should include at least one person for that.

Also, are you going to try to get 2 reps for each class - one from Leonis and one from Draconis?  I would like to see both servers represented and so few that play the game actually get on forums.  So to make a better representative the people representing will have to talk to people in game too.  So maybe 2 reps per class would be good, if possible.  I know that would be a big group but it might be the most rounded way to do it.

#68 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:43 AM

means 8 (classes) * 2 (because of the two servers) *2 (pvp and pvm aspect (or different sub classes)) = 32 people to represent their class? Tbh i doubt that we do even have that many active people on the forums.

#69 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:49 AM

Some people can take up several classes though. 

#70 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:55 AM

might be, but considering the sub classes (like: champion spear/axe/sword) the number would have to be probably even higher :P

#71 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

Those 'sub classes' are really linear so you don't really need different representatives for them.

#72 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:01 AM

It would be great to have representatives between both servers because things may be done differently between them, however as this is a volunteer spot, there's no forcing anyone to apply. And even after that consideration, this is regarding game play in general, not server differences or pride.

We've already noted we're looking for 2-3 representatives per class, it could be more. It kind of depends on the class, but we're not closed to there being more representatives per a class, if felt necessary. 2-3 reps was just a nice number to show we're not just looking for 1 or 2.

As for sub-class builds, there is validity to having a representative per type, but again, it's volunteer and we're not able to force anyone to take up the role. :) We're hoping to get feedback for the classes overall, not just the tree you may be interested in. So, hopefully there's no strong bias, when all feedback is important in regards to the class(es) you may be representing.

#73 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

Don't forget, today is the last day for submitting your entry!

#74 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

can always set me as for artisan and visitor if so :) sorry i forgot to put visitor when i aplayed

#75 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

Applications are no longer being taken, we have many candidates! ^_^

There are still a couple who have not responded to the acceptance confirmation, so please check your forum mail and respond. You will have till the end of today to get back to me to confirm if you want to be a representative and accept the responsibilities that are expected of you.

Part of the confirmation is to make sure that you not only are aware of what we are wanting out of you, but so you are as much aware of what to expect to be coming your way. The other part is to determine how well, quickly and frequently you come to the forums to interact with us. Though we do not expect it to be a daily thing, responses are hoped to be within a day or two so any kind of interaction or conversations aren't stretched on for weeks.

So, for all applicants and candidates, please double check your mail if you haven't responded and confirm that have been accepted and placed to the candidacy listing!

Good luck to you all! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users