PK Shield Spam Still Ruining PVP - Page 5 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

PK Shield Spam Still Ruining PVP

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#101 Skid

Skid

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Warframe/Smite

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

1 Lintra PVE closed (players gone)

2 Valdes PVE closed (players gone)

3.Valdes PVE + Hammerine PVP merged (ALOT of players gone)

4.Fartbook PVE version came (kids tried and left)

5.Importing FB ( PVE back on client).....

Whatever are you smoking can you pass it please?

No further comment!

#102 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

A lot (considering the total) of players are still from Valdes or Lintra...

#103 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

Nova needs some geared ppls to help them progress. I'm sure Crafty will be happy to help them with raids !

#104 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

Nova... here i come  :p_smile: 

#105 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

You're mistaken if you think "a lot" of the player base from either of the old servers are around. It's a very minuscule amount now from both servers.

Edited by Viole, 12 May 2014 - 11:12 AM.

#106 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:14 AM

You're mistaken if you think "a lot" of the player base from either of the old servers are around. It's a very minuscule amount now from both servers.

It depends on what you consider. The total active players are not so many, so considering those from pve servers they are few, but as percentage they are a lot.

Anyway I hope it will be possible to choose the server when they will make Nova PVE... otherwise it will be another fail (if they force Nova players to be PVE and Trifri PK)... but we are used to fails, right?

#107 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

When the day comes where the servers are selectable, we will be doing some sort of transfer event.

#108 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

When the day comes where the servers are selectable, we will be doing some sort of transfer event.

Thank you for all your efforts.

Possible to give an estimated date for this implementation ?

#109 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

Now that we're closer to finishing our solution to this issue, I can reveal details of what's going to happen.

We plan to integrate Nova in to the server selection screen when players choose the world. We plan to make Nova into a PvE server while Trifri a PvP (almost like a reflection on what happens in those cities).

The reason this took so long is due to a lot of legal reasons with Facebook and the nightmarish backlog of changes we had to find when the past developers created Nova. We are aiming for this change to happen this month (fingers crossed) if nothing out of the ordinary blows up in our face.

With so few players as it is, don't ya think it would be best to merge FB with Trifri and just figure out a fix for PVP?  Why does Gravity ALWAYS take the back end around problems...  Id sooner quit then move to a crappy Nova Facebook server...

#110 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Oh lawdy lawdy, happy day.  Now lets see it become reality.

With so few players as it is, don't ya think it would be best to merge FB with Trifri and just figure out a fix for PVP?  Why does Gravity ALWAYS take the back end around problems...  Id sooner quit then move to a crappy Nova Facebook server...

Official Craftwise "Im gonna quit counter" engaged.

No. 138

why you mad though? Just move to nova and exploit noobs out of their lant.  EZ right?

Edited by djfree, 12 May 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#111 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

Well, I guess I will have to spell it out for you.....  Whats gonna happen say a few months down the road when they decide they are gonna merge servers again because of lack of population (and or to save them money)? We will be right back to where we are now. Don't ya think they should come up with a better solution right now? Ah well can't fix broken.

#112 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

4.Fartbook PVE version came (kids tried and left)

For amusement purposes, this does not surprise me when you consider the chosen server name.

Nova => no va = 'no go' in Spanish.

#113 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:09 AM

Fixing this problem is the first step to increasing the population, this can't be done on a PK server with shields !

Why you contradicting yourself ? This is exactly what you wanted, with all this talk of how much you love to help players with PvE content, you should be excited ! Nova has has more players than Trifri I hear, Its going to be like a whole new world for you to enjoy !  Its not going to be FB-only server anymore, it will become client accessible PvE server. Be happy :)

#114 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:44 AM

Fixing this problem is the first step to increasing the population, this can't be done on a PK server with shields !

Why you contradicting yourself ? This is exactly what you wanted, with all this talk of how much you love to help players with PvE content, you should be excited ! Nova has has more players than Trifri I hear, Its going to be like a whole new world for you to enjoy !  Its not going to be FB-only server anymore, it will become client accessible PvE server. Be happy :)

Yeah population will really increase... ROFL.... Noobs getting ganked by +30's. If anything it will fall like a stone. And what makes you think they will get rid of PK Shield? They could go back to making it MALL PK shield again, but that will be the end for them.

I like helping people, but why SHOULD I be forced to move multiple accounts and Guild (at COST $$$$)... Im not paying to move accounts. I wil quit. And so will many many others.... Have fun PKing yourself, because if you think its lonely now... Hahaha

#115 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

For me it's a good thing and I'm happy :). Of course the most important thing will be they let players to move to the server everyone prefers at NO COST. Nova from FB is really crappy, I hope it will work at least as Valdes.

That "transfer event" smells of "you must luck/partecipate in event" or you must pay... I hope to be wrong.

#116 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

Now that we're closer to finishing our solution to this issue, I can reveal details of what's going to happen.

We plan to integrate Nova in to the server selection screen when players choose the world. We plan to make Nova into a PvE server while Trifri a PvP (almost like a reflection on what happens in those cities).

The reason this took so long is due to a lot of legal reasons with Facebook and the nightmarish backlog of changes we had to find when the past developers created Nova. We are aiming for this change to happen this month (fingers crossed) if nothing out of the ordinary blows up in our face.

Congratulations you have now reached legendary status. All past transgresssions are forgiven. Your giving me what ive screamed for all year. Soon ill be back in a pk server and entering SVS.

1 Suggestion :)

Change servers names back to hammerine and valdes. If anything this could save u some effort resetting up SVS and make the rest of us happy im sure.

#117 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

Yeah population will really increase... ROFL.... Noobs getting ganked by +30's. If anything it will fall like a stone. And what makes you think they will get rid of PK Shield? They could go back to making it MALL PK shield again, but that will be the end for them.

I like helping people, but why SHOULD I be forced to move multiple accounts and Guild (at COST $$$$)... Im not paying to move accounts. I wil quit. And so will many many others.... Have fun PKing yourself, because if you think its lonely now... Hahaha

Unsure what your are raging about. Everyones getting what they want nova will be client based just like valdes was. As for the dollars they already said would be server transfer event. If anything i should be mad not you. Id much rather you kept this server and we got all those new players to boost our numbers. As it stands though im quite happy to go to a smaller server and never see you again except in svs where u cant shield and run. :ok:

Edited by BumblefootV7, 13 May 2014 - 08:58 AM.

#118 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

server transfer event

This is the problem. Why not just a simple server transfer at the first login? Why an event? And if you don't log during the event?

#119 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

This is the problem. Why not just a simple server transfer at the first login? Why an event? And if you don't log during the event?

I was being vague on what the transfer method would be.

While I wish it was something simple as a message asking you to transfer, the game itself does not have that system in place and putting that system in would take another couple months.

Most likely what will happen is that we will open the service up for a week with no charge. But this is not 100% confirmed. As we get closer to the day, we will have a more final plan and will share it through all our channels.

#120 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

with no charge

This is.

Edited by Dyshana, 13 May 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#121 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

ahaha

#122 WorkYaDangNag

WorkYaDangNag

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationFury's Requiem Discord Community
  • Server:Xenon

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

I would like to see in written if we can expect to have to fight really hard for getting our names like the last server change. I know those were new servers entirely but i just want to make sure i dont have to log in at 3am to keep my names. God... what a travesty that was.

#123 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:11 AM

Good luck keeping your name i lost mine last time and have never got it bk. When i sent ticket i was told someone else had it before me. So its been sitting on someones level 1  alt all this time.   Has anyone used the name Bumblefoot other than me? No. They knew who i was. They even mention  me in some live streams. Is it any wonder i rage at them so much?

#124 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

The problem with the name cannot be solved. I mean if on both server there is a character with the same name, how can they decide who can keep it? The easiest way is who log first get the name... it's all. Have you any other idea to choose who will keep the name? They don't delete inactive accounts... so if the name is already taken, bye bye forever (or to the next server merge/transfer).

#125 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

There is no one using my name though. Ive been here since the doors opened. I even had the name when i moved from hammerine to valdes for 3 months. I know who took the name. An old player called BlueWaffle made a ton of accounts and stole half the servers names during the last merge. I tried to explain this to them but got no where. I mean come on can anyone honestly say i dont deserve the name back? As far as im concerned i earned that name through my dam wallet and alot of years of loyalty in a game that quite frankly didnt deserve it. Until recently this game was ran with as little effort as possible . The last few years here should have been season 3. The only reason it hasnt been named this is cause what would you call it? Requiem Life support ?  I think the least they could do for my unwarranted loyalty is give me the name i started with.

Edited by BumblefootV7, 14 May 2014 - 09:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users