MVP Hack...? - Page 4 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

MVP Hack...?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#76 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:46 AM

There's a difference between getting upset that you lost, and someone killing an MVP for months on end within ~3 seconds of it's random spawn location on a massive map.

Wow So Satan morroc doesn't spawn around the middle center around the darkened area.

I didnt know he spawns all over the map. I thought he was a quest mvp that spawns and a certain area. much woe

#77 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

I know what you're thinkin, that's the quest one which doesn't drop loot I don't think....the real one is on the next demi-gorge map and that place is huuuuuuuuuuuuuge, and even with mirrors, you can't win

#78 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:11 AM

I know what you're thinkin, that's the quest one which doesn't drop loot I don't think....the real one is on the next demi-gorge map and that place is huuuuuuuuuuuuuge, and even with mirrors, you can't win

Gotcha gotcha i was thinking of the quest one this whole time kid you not. :) there was a second area then huh. Ill watch it and see how it is. before i can say anything on the matter ^ Thanks

#79 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

Remember to keep things civil and that calling people out is against the rules.

#80 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Unless the MVP spawns in a set place like Amon Ra it is impossible to know where the MVP will spawn before they spawn as mvp spawn locations are not determined until they spawn.

#81 AIternis

AIternis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 09:21 AM

but Campitor Look at SM after the mirror is showing the point he is dead olrdy

Edited by AIternis, 05 May 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#82 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

OMG I OPENED MIRROR BUT IT SAYS SM ALREADY DIED!!!!!! HAXXXXXXX

*In reality, convex mirror is telling you the truth, its working as intended, you're just slow*

#83 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

I suggest people who aren't taking OP seriously start actually MVPing at SM (and apparently now at Valk) with Mirrors, and wings. How many insta-losses will it take till you believe it isn't just luck/skill?

Edited by Havenn, 05 May 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#84 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

I don't think theres program that reflect's server's script. Most of programs are client related. 

#85 Marvelous

Marvelous

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

I suggest people who have been playing the game for a lesser amount of time than people have been camping high end MVPs learn what they are talking about. Desirable MVPs have been dying 20-45 seconds after they spawn for years. It's been like that since the transcendence update. Just because you have no idea what you are doing doesn't mean you should start throwing baseless accusations around.

#86 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

I was out comped and cant admit to defeat, better blame it on cheats.

#87 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

I went to SM a couple times last year and he was dead  10-20 sec after the tomb disappeared

and who killed it is the person named above.. what is weird is he wasnt even waiting at the tomb.

Edited by Frike, 05 May 2014 - 11:19 AM.

#88 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

I went to SM a couple times last year and he was dead  10-20 sec after the tomb disappeared

and who killed it is the person named above.. what is weird is he wasnt even waiting at the tomb.

Doesn't have to be. All you need to know is that there are many people sat next to the tomb. All I would need is to know what time it's about to spawn and I would be somewhere else on the map. If the people around the tomb think they are the only ones waiting for that MVP they aren't going to rush as much to get it killed.

#89 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:31 AM

The thing that is raising peoples eyebrows here is not that there are people able to vaporize MVPs that quickly, but rather that they seem to be able to GET to the MVPs that quickly. 

Prior to it spawning, there should be no way to know where it is. 

If we assume the person killing it is using mirrors to get the exact location when it spawns, he will still have to travel to that location. While the time this takes can vary, it's unlikely to be less than 10-15 seconds on average. 

So, can we explain these "hacks" by players using convex mirror in the minutes before it spawns, and then as soon as it spawns, spam flywings until they're sorta close and then speedpot to MVP? This probaby takes 10-20 seconds if the player doing it is aggressive.

If we can't explain the speed at which the MVPs are getting killed that way, and they're getting killed that fast repeatedly, that is suspicious.

Does anyone know how long it takes for people with perfect gears to kill these MVPs once they find them? That would be a useful piece of information

#90 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

Why is this thread even open still? Gm's/CM's should know threads like these are NOTHING but he said she said bullsh*t.

Edited by KiyokoHasami, 05 May 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#91 Lazerbomb

Lazerbomb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

@Azzy if you have gloom and +15 ea12 HF and duel megs you can bomb for like 2mil without lex or something retarded on SM and Valk so its possible to 2 shot valk and 3 shot SM without any help

Edited by Lazerbomb, 05 May 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#92 Marvelous

Marvelous

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

5-8 seconds seems reasonable fully geared and buffed

#93 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

i have seen a certain Sura with bot buff alts camping various MVPs... "how do you know they were bots?" because all 3 alts act at the EXACT same time  and the Sura still moves about... so unless said Sura is using 4 computers to play its pretty clear they arnt playing legit... even if he WAS using 4 computers he would have to hit the hotkeys on all 4 computers at once... i guess its possible using both hands and both feet but VERY unlikely...

#94 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

5-8 seconds is a reasonable kill time, but not to find an MVP on that big ol' map every time like Azzy said..

#95 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

i have seen a certain Sura with bot buff alts camping various MVPs... "how do you know they were bots?" because all 3 alts act at the EXACT same time  and the Sura still moves about... so unless said Sura is using 4 computers to play its pretty clear they arnt playing legit... even if he WAS using 4 computers he would have to hit the hotkeys on all 4 computers at once... i guess its possible using both hands and both feet but VERY unlikely...

Multiclient and Auto Follow? You don't need bot or 4 computers too......

#96 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Okay, then the numbers people are throwing out, with MVPs being found and executed within 20-30 seconds of when they spawn is fully explained by someone with a convex mirror (so they get the exact spawn location), flywings, and speedpots. 

Methinks the GMs need to buff SM big time, though, if he's dying so fast.

Did he get issued the wrong weapon? Maybe he got the box labeled "Claus, Santa" instead of "Claws, Satan", and he's been spending all his time bludgeoning adventurers with a fat bearded dude, instead of eviscerating them with razor sharp claws

Edited by DrAzzy, 05 May 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#97 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

Multiclient and Auto Follow? You don't need bot or 4 computers too......

they dont move around the map... the sura moves around the tombstone but the others stay put and buff at the EXACT same time... they all log in at the EXACT same time.. and they all log out at the EXACT same time... so its not auto follow... unless autofollow allows players to use skills on every client at the same time now...

#98 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

they dont move around the map... the sura moves around the tombstone but the others stay put and buff at the EXACT same time... they all log in at the EXACT same time.. and they all log out at the EXACT same time... so its not auto follow... unless autofollow allows players to use skills on every client at the same time now...

If thats the case, send in replay and make GM deal with it. Probably similar to Ragstat buff bot in the pront. 

#99 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

sent in a replay report already... still happening...

#100 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

No report + public rant on forums = problem didn't exist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users