Satan Morroc Update Plan 5-28 Implementation Date - Page 2 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Satan Morroc Update Plan 5-28 Implementation Date

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#26 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

Btw, how are you going to handle the difference between SM-Questmap and SM-Realmap?

Without adding the Continental Guard Quest you have to make both maps instantly available - or remove restrictions for the Questmap, and only make the Realmap (with Wounded Morroc) being affected by all these changes, as the Questmap has either a useless Quest-Morroc running around or no Satan Morroc-Version at all.

If the changes only affect the Realmap anyway and the Questmap becomes available anyways (without those stupid changes) i haven't said anything.

tl:dr-Version:

Without any Quest -> Classic-Questmap without changes, as Questmorroc drops nothing anyways (if he get's implemented at all)

With Dandelion's Quest finished -> Realmap with whatever changes.

?

Edited by EtNox, 14 May 2014 - 12:01 PM.

#27 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

I like the idea of giving all mvps like a 50% chance of dropping guild surplus boxes, or having the mvp reward give it. I would definitely say be careful with the number of things added though. Don't want to increase too many things.

Also don't make so many changes to DG.. Only a few things need to be changed in order to make those methods unusable. I'm fine with eske, ice wall, and random spawn, but the death limit is too much (although I am aware that it's 25 deaths. Sort of a good amount, but when leveling you would eventually get to that point and be annoyed on forced respawn). I think it would be really cool if someone found a way to permit icewall and eske unless satan morroc is out. (This could be abused to know whether SM was out, but something along the lines of that would be nice)

#28 Razo

Razo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:39 PM

not sure on pauldron availability outside of bio3, will check

Sealed Bapho drops like candy

#29 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

The changes to supply boxes aren't enough, you let people that don't play the game dictate how content is implemented. 

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

Sealed Bapho drops like candy

Yeah, still doesn't seem like something I'd wanna kill SS bapho for lawl

#31 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

The changes to supply boxes aren't enough, you let people that don't play the game dictate how content is implemented. 

Are those other guilds? Or the people from your guild who choose not to farm their own supplies and only play during siege.

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

Are those other guilds? Or the people from your guild who choose not to farm their own supplies and only play during siege.

that's not true

we're not valk

#33 Tychon

Tychon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

Why does the opinion of those who play a lot matter than those who play a little?  If the satisfaction of those who play a lot rises, the amount of activity of those players remains constant.  If the satisfaction of those who play less rises, their activity could be greatly increased.  

In regards to the supply boxes, it does not make sense that an active guild, who spends more time playing, would complain the spawn rates are too low, while a guild you imply does not play, has no problem with the rates.  If a guild did not play much, you would think they would request higher rates.  Perhaps if you are in such dire need of supplies, you could use your resources to barter with others.  For example if you had an Orc Hero Card or something of great value, you could offer it to whomever brought you 10,000 supply boxes.  

In regards to the implementation of Satan Morroc, why modify anything?  Its a very long spawn time and with a few random observations along with a few screen shots, I am sure the GMs could punish the majority of players who would not follow the rules.  

Also, I think that Gravity should require a Cash Shop Key or VIP Status to complete the quest to access the new area.  At least for the first few months.  This could raise the funds to pay for the few hours of supervision required to promote fair play.  

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:38 PM

How do you propose to make more people/guilds take part in WoE, tychan? I'm not hearing many ideas from you.

#35 TsubasaWingz

TsubasaWingz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:41 PM

WoE Supply Update

*Kathryne loses Guard[1] drop gains low chance of dropping WoE Supply Box

*Cecil loses Tights[1] drop gains low chance of dropping WoE Supply Box
*Margaretha loses Muffler[1] drop gains low chance of dropping WoE Supply Box
*Howard loses Buckler[1] drop gains low chance of dropping WoE Supply Box
*Eremes loses Pauldron[1] drop gains low chance of dropping WoE Supply Box
*Seyren loses Helm[1] drop gains low chance of dropping WoE Supply Box

Tights [1] is actually a good piece of gear, can we have the Cross Bow [3] removed instead?

Muffler [1] may not be that useful but I think we should just remove her Rod [4] instead, that's absolutely worthless.

Helm [1], this is kinda a tough choice. I was thinking of substituting Full Plate [1] for this but then I thought people'd rather have the armour than the headgear. My decision was purely on how those items are obtained, in which I found out Full Plate [1] drops more common over the Helm [1] but then again that doesn't mean the others'd agree with what I think.

Pauldron [1] is quite a nice piece of gear as well, too bad its the best choice of item to be removed as the other drops are unique drops.

So yeah.  :blaugh:

Edited by TsubasaWingz, 16 May 2014 - 09:47 PM.

#36 Tychon

Tychon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

I thought this thread was in regards to implementing Satan Morroc?  Please see my previous post for good ideas regarding a successful implementation.  If you would care to discuss other topics, perhaps you should go to another thread.  

#37 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:59 AM

I thought this thread was in regards to implementing Satan Morroc? Please see my previous post for good ideas regarding a successful implementation. If you would care to discuss other topics, perhaps you should go to another thread.

You must have missed the op.

Getting supply issues fixed is much more important then sm.

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

Valk has a long spawn time and that had no effect on punishing skill abuse.

#39 Tychon

Tychon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

Please read my posts before commenting on them.  I was replying to Xellie's question about WoE.  I commented on the "supply issue".  There isn't a supply issue.  

Back in the day, guilds held forts, sold drops to buy materials to create supplies.  Without bot armies, there are not enough supplies so the GMs added the supply box.  If a guild is too lazy to hunt their own supply boxes, they can always sell their castle drops to buy supply boxes from the less lazy players.  

#40 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

It's 2014 now. Welcome back to RO! We all missed you :)

#41 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

It really seems like they should just rename classic to Valhalla and everyone else should just GTFO and play somewhere else. They have no say anyway lul

#42 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:26 AM

That's not really true; Valhalla is just the most tenacious with their posting.

#43 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

Okay okay. They like to make it sound like no one has any say and bully them into silence or agreement. My bad.

#44 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:28 PM

Okay okay. They like to make it sound like no one has any say and bully them into silence or agreement. My bad.

This is a genuine concern I have. Without starting a poop flinging match, it'd be nice to see a little less people attacking others on the forums and a little more constructive conversation. So that people are more interested in getting involved instead of posting into a whirling pool of insults and circle jerkery once then choosing not to return.

#45 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

Without directly talking trash, the best way I can compare this is this analogy.

Valk is over there in their:

Flintmobile.jpg

Valhalla is over there in their:

fastest-car-in-the-world-2.jpg

Valk wonders how Valhalla uses so much gasoline.

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

Please read my posts before commenting on them.  I was replying to Xellie's question about WoE.  I commented on the "supply issue".  There isn't a supply issue.  

Back in the day, guilds held forts, sold drops to buy materials to create supplies.  Without bot armies, there are not enough supplies so the GMs added the supply box.  If a guild is too lazy to hunt their own supply boxes, they can always sell their castle drops to buy supply boxes from the less lazy players.  

Here's the problem, not enough boxes are on market. This is a direct consequence of low population.

My idea is simple : add the supply boxes to normal PVM, that way the weekend warriors have to play with PVM players / pre-WoE players thereby boosting server activity.

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

This is a genuine concern I have. Without starting a poop flinging match, it'd be nice to see a little less people attacking others on the forums and a little more constructive conversation. So that people are more interested in getting involved instead of posting into a whirling pool of insults and circle jerkery once then choosing not to return.

Coming from the other side? Valk bullied us into having to accept the stupid new god quest which harmed everyone. This server was changed to directly nerf our guild, so forgive us if we're being a bit more vocal against stupid changes put in to spite us and hurt everyone else at the same time.

It's idiocy like that which is killing the server. Get some nuts Themes

#48 Tychon

Tychon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

Larger guilds use more supplies, larger guilds have more people for farming boxes.  

#49 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

You realise we didnt actually want the new quest either right? All we ever wanted was for them to half the number of characters to roll the seals for the exact reason you guys want the supply issue resolved. Which was the whole reason Flacks post in the other thread (that got deleted) was so amusing.

I dont really have much more to add because the circle jerk -_- fest has already begun, but there's plenty of people who deserve a say and probably wont get the chance when they get drowned out or attacked by anyone (you, us, anyone doesnt really matter honestly).

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:26 PM

You realise we didnt actually want the new quest either right? All we ever wanted was for them to half the number of characters to roll the seals for the exact reason you guys want the supply issue resolved. Which was the whole reason Flacks post in the other thread (that got deleted) was so amusing.

I dont really have much more to add because the circle jerk -_- fest has already begun, but there's plenty of people who deserve a say and probably wont get the chance when they get drowned out or attacked by anyone (you, us, anyone doesnt really matter honestly).

Gods are totally different.

The less people on the server the more powerful they become.

Therefore why reduce the seal count? More god items per capita is not fun.

We managed to do the quest plenty times. You guys just sit around waiting for other people to do it, it's absurd.

You guys demanded a change and you got it. Tolrin posted his A+ seal of approval on the quest along with other valk members whislt Valhalla said "WHHYYYYYYY?! YOU MAKE IT MORE WORK!"

I know for a fact that Flack is blaming that change on me, but it was Valk/sent's collective bitching that caused it to happen. Point is, you guys just want the game to be harder for those who take part whilst continuing to coast from empty castle to empty castle, waiting for others to open the seals for you, etc. You don't DO ANYTHING, you just want other people to do it for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users