5/14 George Lucas Birthday maintenence Special Edition - Page 2 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

5/14 George Lucas Birthday maintenence Special Edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
335 replies to this topic

#26 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:18 PM

Lighthalzen Spot, sans-Biolabs  :p_angel:

Seriously though, we don't need more Bio drops flooding the market (CARDS ಠ_ಠ), and you know exactly what's going to happen if they spot it.

Why not something benign, like Morroc/Comodo?

What, the hwiz card? How about you go down there with triple spawn and see how easily you can farm it (:

Bios loot would've been fine if they didn't keep putting easy crap in the TIs like HP. Poor BoP prices.

Edited by Sapphic, 12 May 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#27 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

LH Spotlight but no Bio included :)

#28 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

We will be testing the Bounty Board exp quests 

If its what i think it is thank you For reading my thread on bounties :)

#29 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:55 PM

What, the hwiz card?

Wasn't referring to Hwiz ^_^

#30 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

I hope they do the spot on something like malangdo or a -_-ty town like that just to see all this greedy ppl crying

#31 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

^ lol crying is what most of these dbaasgs players do week after week.

Edited by PIayboy, 12 May 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#32 scrunch3y

scrunch3y

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

Lighthalzen, please!

I couldn't care less about loots; Bio3 is only challenging when it's triple mobbed. B)

#33 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

I'm not quite sure what, but all I know is that I am wholeheartedly against LH spotlight.  Maybe we could do a big one and have a spotlight on all of the "get to them from Alberta" towns all at once.  So basically, Amatsu, Lou Yang, Kunlun, Ayothaya, Dewata, Brasilis, and Moscovia?  I feel like that could be a lot of fun.

#34 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

LHZ was more fun than anything else. Bio3 became an adventure instead of the usual. Bio4 was great for guild events.

#35 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:48 PM

Lighthalzen Spot, sans-Biolabs  :p_angel:

Seriously though, we don't need more Bio drops flooding the market (CARDS ಠ_ಠ), and you know exactly what's going to happen if they spot it.

Why not something benign, like Morroc/Comodo?

That's not very logical. You realize that it would be more challenging too, right?

If you're going to site prices going down, at least name a bxb or something more consistent.

#36 Masis113

Masis113

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

Mora and Eclage spotlight maybe (?)

#37 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

That's not very logical. You realize that it would be more challenging too, right?

If you're going to site prices going down, at least name a bxb or something more consistent.

Three things.

First, way to make it randomly personal.

Second, cards are an example. Many things drop from Bio mobs, and a large majority of them are upper-tier sale items. Do the math in your head. Now that we're on a personal tack, I find it amusing that you can't derive implications from anything GhWPLk8.gif

Third, the spawn boosts make ANYTHING spotlighted more of a challenge than it is usually. Moot point.

#38 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

Problem I have with asking for spotlight is, DON'T ASK FOR STUFF IN MAINT THREAD. For the love of god its not "what do you guys want for next week?" thread. Point of this thread is to see whats being updated, and that should be our main focus. Stay with Op. If you want to ask about LH spotlight or whatever i can careless, and to get people's support, go make your own thread, and maybe tiki tuesday is better place to ask for it.

@_@ 

Edited by CharAznable, 12 May 2014 - 11:48 PM.

#39 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

Problem I have with asking for spotlight is, DON'T ASK FOR STUFF IN MAINT THREAD. For the love of god its not "what do you guys want for next week?" thread. Point of this thread is to see whats being updated, and that should be our main focus. Stay with Op. If you want to ask about LH spotlight or whatever i can careless, and to get people's support, go make your own thread, and maybe tiki tuesday is better place to ask for it.

Actually for this particular maint, Oda asked for community opinion on the next spotlight location.

#40 weqzxz

weqzxz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

enriched will stay for another week?

#41 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:52 PM

Wow. Didn't know he did that. Well, LH spotlight is fine. Economy is already stupid anyway. Just boost the exp and adjust drop rate if "challenge" is what people are up for. don't need to flood high end gears like KK and xbow in the market. bio 2 is still good place to level. Since we had high level Turn In, I would like to see Juno spotlight, or something that might rejuvenate lower level people(1~110).

Edited by CharAznable, 13 May 2014 - 01:14 AM.

#42 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

Three things.

First, way to make it randomly personal.

Second, cards are an example. Many things drop from Bio mobs, and a large majority of them are upper-tier sale items. Do the math in your head. Now that we're on a personal tack, I find it amusing that you can't derive implications from anything GhWPLk8.gif

Third, the spawn boosts make ANYTHING spotlighted more of a challenge than it is usually. Moot point.

You're pretty much the only one who spoke out against LH being the spotlight.

You directly stated cards. There's only one card from there other than MvP cards that is worth a substantial amount.

That's why I asked why you didn't name more common drops. If we're using your logic, then all spotlights ruin the economy.

So, the spotlight makes passive monsters more of a challenge?

I can't really think of anything that could even compare to biolabs in terms of difficulty when it comes to players at max level. (During a spotlight)

Statements like this make it look like you don't have very much experience in biolabs.

#43 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

You're pretty much the only one who spoke out against LH being the spotlight.

You directly stated cards. There's only one card from there other than MvP cards that is worth a substantial amount.

That's why I asked why you didn't name more common drops. If we're using your logic, then all spotlights ruin the economy.

So, the spotlight makes passive monsters more of a challenge?

I can't really think of anything that could even compare to biolabs in terms of difficulty when it comes to players at max level. (During a spotlight)

Statements like this make it look like you don't have very much experience in biolabs.

Not everyone is capped. Difficulty is subjective. Spotlights aren't just for capped farmers.

I did directly state cards! True! But as I said, it was a tidy example. For your benefit, what follows is a list of the other items that drop in bio:

• Lv4 Weapons
  • Accessories such as RT
  • Several valuable cards; HWiz is not the only notable example
  • High Weapon Boxes
  • Ores
  • Special mats (wills, chills and thirsts)

All of these are exceptionally valuable.

And you can't possibly tell me that any spotlight, on virtually any map, anywhere in RO doesn't cover aggro mobs.

"Statements like this make it look like you don't have very much experience with RO."

#44 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

I'm starting to think that asking community's opinion for Spotlight is just as bad as making Turn In suggestion thread. You just opened another hell gate. Nicely Done! 

#45 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

Why adjust the drop rate for a spotlight when they never do for TIs (in which I tried to get them to stop putting in stuff like thief/hp, but they don't listen and I seem to be in the minority for that).

What is the point of high risk without high reward? If it comes in, just try farming in bio3 and see how farmable it is. Bio4 is a bit easier, but still challenging in its own ways. Both maps are mostly for group hunting, too.

#46 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:29 AM

star wars-themed costumes pls :v

einbroch for spotlight. dunno why. just want.

#47 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:31 AM

Not everyone is capped. Difficulty is subjective. Spotlights aren't just for capped farmers.

I did directly state cards! True! But as I said, it was a tidy example. For your benefit, what follows is a list of the other items that drop in bio:

• Lv4 Weapons
  • Accessories such as RT
  • Several valuable cards; HWiz is not the only notable example
  • High Weapon Boxes
  • Ores
  • Special mats (wills, chills and thirsts)

All of these are exceptionally valuable.

And you can't possibly tell me that any spotlight, on virtually any map, anywhere in RO doesn't cover aggro mobs.

"Statements like this make it look like you don't have very much experience with RO."

You never said anything about them being aggressive. You said "ANYTHING" and were even nice enough to put it in caps so that none of us would miss it.

The bottom line here is that bio3 and beyond would be a nice challenge for parties.

Bio2 would be pretty nice for people leveling outside of TIs.

The loot would be quite earned and isn't going to be as saturated as you think it will be. TIs ruin prices because there's endless numbers of the monsters spawning (usually with little to no risk) and they can usually be farmed solo.

I'm really not trying to take personal shots at you, but there's some flaws in your arguments.

#48 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:33 AM

Why adjust the drop rate for a spotlight when they never do for TIs (in which I tried to get them to stop putting in stuff like thief/hp, but they don't listen and I seem to be in the minority for that).

What is the point of high risk without high reward? If it comes in, just try farming in bio3 and see how farmable it is. Bio4 is a bit easier, but still challenging in its own ways. Both maps are mostly for group hunting, too.

I was just referring to people who stated that they're just up for a challenge. I don't mind the drop rate goes up or whatever. But they're saying that just to get the LH in. I don't like that.

Fact is fact, when LH spotlight came in last time, xbow price dropped significantly, as well as many materials for bio3~4 gears such as Golden Ornaments, and many others they offer. Not to mention it will be extremely easier to enchant xbow(at least get more chance). KK price dropped by hair, but its in more demand as new player lingers. 

Only few guilds and selective people can comfortably farm Bio3~4. Which makes me starting to dislike this idea a lot(LH spotlight is extremely cater to high level and veteran users). I can already see huge guilds are highly in demand for LH spotlight. 

Edited by CharAznable, 13 May 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#49 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

Since we had high level Turn In, I would like to see Juno spotlight, or something that might rejuvenate lower level people(1~110).

Geffen spotlight would be nice too, covers lots of levels. Idk when was the last time we had that one.

#50 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

They can't adjust the drop rate in TIs because that would affect the normal monster in its natural spawn. They have also stated that they're unable to touch the monster database, so duplicate monsters specifically for TIs cannot be implemented.

I have farmed Bio3, during the last spot when RTs flooded the market and crashed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users