5/14 George Lucas Birthday maintenence Special Edition - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

5/14 George Lucas Birthday maintenence Special Edition

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
335 replies to this topic

#51 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:40 AM

Geffen spotlight would be nice too, covers lots of levels. Idk when was the last time we had that one.

I don't see geffen spotlight from event page. Weird.. I swear we had something in geffen @_@ maybe it was GH spotlight from 2 years ago.

#52 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

It is challenging and fun as hell. Camping bio3 mvp during that time was really exciting. There's no reason to put in a challenge without proper rewards, though. Drops are just a bonus for having a coordinated group.

They've also gone up again. We've been in bio3/4 before lhz spotlight, during, and after and that's just how it flies. We've sold chills at both 7m, 13m, and a few desperate ones at 19m lol. We've sold handcuffs at 99m and now they're like... 400m+? Decos come out of the instance quest, too. Chills drop at card rate unless you mvp in which they are p much 100% so unless you wanna enchant once and never again, it's not going to change much.

LHZ spotlight created fun end game content which Renewal greatly lacks right now. Farming Bio2 for RTs isn't that hard. Bio3 isn't impossible either. Why should a high end place cater to lower levels / undergeared?

I didn't complain when Pront got spotlighted which had only low tier stuff, I just made like 5 new characters.

They can't adjust the drop rate in TIs because that would affect the normal monster in its natural spawn. They have also stated that they're unable to touch the monster database, so duplicate monsters specifically for TIs cannot be implemented.

I have farmed Bio3, during the last spot when RTs flooded the market and crashed it.

They could just NOT USE THE MONSTER, but they never listen to me. Thank god they listened about hwiz.

RTs hella died afterward anyway because of TIs. At least in spotlight you have to fight all the other crap at double spawn, not to mention 2 sinxs and the mvp lurking around. Stuff like RT/BoP can't recover because they keep putting them in easy as hell TIs. Everything else p much recovered.

Edited by Sapphic, 13 May 2014 - 12:48 AM.

#53 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

LHZ spotlight created fun end game content which Renewal greatly lacks right now. Farming Bio2 for RTs isn't that hard. Bio3 isn't impossible either. Why should a high end place cater to lower levels / undergeared?

Lhz definitely caters to the low lowbies in the form of North Lhz's Rafflesias and Worms, and further north the Breezes and Pungus. It's good exp but nothing they drop is particularly gamebreaking when pulled in bulk.

Bio on the other hand is the greatest treasure trove in the game. So many valuable items drop from enemies with a common race (discounting Seyren and Eremes) making it easy to gear against them and kill them quickly.

I'm not against spotting Lhz in principle, but I AM against boosting the drops when that place is lucrative even without getting spotted. Since the mobs will also receive a boost, you'll be killing more by extension getting additional chances at their drops anyway.

They could just NOT USE THE MONSTER, but they never listen to me. Thank god they listened about hwiz.

lol if only. Just look at what they did to Aunoe (again).

#54 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

Common race except the two deadly monsters that aren't a common race lol.

"making it easy to gear against them and kill them quickly."

I question if you've ever done any real hunting in bio3, clearing all the choke spots etc. It's not going to be ez farming 101 like a TI. It will require a coordinated group effort who knows what the hell they are doing.

#55 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

I don't really care for drop rate honestly. What I was trying to point out is that it will affect current economy regardless, and it took some time to recover to current state. And saying that they're just up for challenge is just vague way of getting around it. I would disagree entirely if they increased the difficulty of bio3,4 without compensating better drop rate. BoP was just dumb idea and i still feel frustrated that they put them in high ti.

To re-affirm, It will affect economy regardless, so mentioning about quick stabilization(which took a long time) isn't right way to approach. 

But, my suggestion will remain same. Since we already had High level catered Spotlight, we should have something that's more widely open to lower level(1~50~110).

Also, Please don't do this again. You(CM) already did that with Turn In Suggestion Thread and know how awful it is. This is another terrible idea you came up with to ask community what they wanted to get spoon feed. Please stop opening the hell gate again, and make it worse. It was dumb when you guys started to taking suggestion for Turn In, and now this again.

Edited by CharAznable, 13 May 2014 - 01:22 AM.

#56 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:17 AM

I hope you know the ones who call it challenging are the ones who hold the majority of bio loots because we're p much the only ones who really hunt stuff down there, minus the few soloists.

We don't care if stuff gets lower, because it'll be freaking fun hunting it.

Edited by Sapphic, 13 May 2014 - 01:19 AM.

#57 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:27 AM

dont mind with LHZ spotlight either :rice: . i wish my guildies and I can go to bio3/bio4 more often. too bad we can only meet during the weekend due to difference in timezone  :sob:

#58 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:31 AM

you guys forgot hugel spotlight

#59 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:31 AM

Bio on the other hand is the greatest treasure trove in the game. So many valuable items drop from enemies with a common race (discounting Seyren and Eremes) making it easy to gear against them and kill them quickly.

Errrrr i don't think its easy place to hunt either. Common race doesn't make it any easier for people like me who lack of GTB and all other goodies. You can't just go there and kill stuff instantly, maybe you're with large group with excellent gears, but I could never just go there myself and one shot everything. I have to clear easier bunch with trap/and AS, then start to kill mvp while my tank is well saced or something. even then its hard to really pull that off. It was easy when camou was still bugged, but not anymore.

#60 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:56 AM

Errrrr i don't think its easy place to hunt either. Common race doesn't make it any easier for people like me who lack of GTB and all other goodies. You can't just go there and kill stuff instantly, maybe you're with large group with excellent gears, but I could never just go there myself and one shot everything. I have to clear easier bunch with trap/and AS, then start to kill mvp while my tank is well saced or something. even then its hard to really pull that off. It was easy when camou was still bugged, but not anymore.

A decent tank, Sera Gen, support Sorc, AB and Ranger partied can make an absolute killing down there. Just move carefully and let the tank lead.

Any killer classes on top of that setup are just icing.

#61 Conspirators

Conspirators

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:31 AM

I vote for Geffen.

#62 Hireme

Hireme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:51 AM

Geffen or Morroc Spotlight, because I can't remember they ever been spotlighted.

#63 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:07 AM

please give us brand new pair of low ti mobs...D:<...and don't try to put both range mob again at low ti...I can't even get near them and kill them...

#64 weqzxz

weqzxz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:31 AM

+1 for geffen

#65 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:52 AM

+1 for Geffen

#66 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:52 AM

+1 for Geffen

#67 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:43 AM

Lighthalzen!!!!!! Did the quest get finished?

The USRC realm is so messed up lol! All 3 of my Maestros are stuck...

Halp! I have no wings ;A;

OLH2zcf.jpg

Just walk straight to the right. You can walk over that area and through the building. It seems to have new and old izlude overlapping eachother.

#68 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:50 AM

Lighthalzen spotlight please paired with a permanent bio3/bio4? kill count quests. Do it!

#69 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:20 AM

As far as i remember, we never had morroc or geffen spotlight either. or anything, i can't find them in main page. Geffen does cover wide range of place. I suggest for Geffen as well. 

#70 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:35 AM

Just walk straight to the right. You can walk over that area and through the building. It seems to have new and old izlude overlapping eachother.

I got out, but the map is pretty much 95% dead cells lol! It's awful.

#71 nhernandez8990

nhernandez8990

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • LocationNext to You
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:22 AM

Geffen or Morroc spot light plis *-*

#72 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:26 AM

Geffen spotlight would be nice.

#73 hmr1

hmr1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationHideout at Juperos Ruins

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:52 AM

Lhz please, geffen will be awful :/

#74 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

geffen would help all the people leveling their homunculus just from the boost in spawn rates... geffen would also cover everything from level 1/1 novice to level 120ish... it would be geffen fields, geffen tower, orc villiage/dungeon, geffenia, and should include west orc villiage...

#75 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:17 AM

According to my animation teachers, Mr. Lucas actually approached the Disney Company to produce Star Wars at one point. But because the company was still in disarray over Walt's death, they said no.

Ironic, isn't it? If Disney had said yes back then, they wouldn't have had to shell out $4 billion to buy the franchise.

Animation classes! That sounds fun. The company really seemed lost during the 70s-80s. Walt was really the glue that held the company together, and no one was really able to step up to take the reigns... well until the good/bad years of Eisner. 

I think that Disney's dismal record with science fiction films (Black Hole, Treasure Planet, John Carter, etc.) and success with the purchase of Marvel was probably a good incentive for them to consider the Lucas Acquisition, but I could imagine what Tomorrowland would have looked like if they had bought it back then. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users