Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

I'm just going to take a break from playing bow scout, I'm tired of being trolled.

Dont give up bl0b, there must be some ways we can use to our advantage. Just needa keep looking while we wait for a possible fix on the class.  :no1: 

#27 LeWicked

LeWicked

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

I really hope this discussion wil end up in a solution voor bow scout soon.
Like bl0b i also quit playing the 'fragile' bow scout .

For a solution i would say a 30 sec selfbuff for attackspeed/damage up? ( Like Berserk etc )

#28 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

I really hope this discussion wil end up in a solution voor bow scout soon.
Like bl0b i also quit playing the 'fragile' bow scout .

For a solution i would say a 30 sec selfbuff for attackspeed/damage up? ( Like Berserk etc )

I'm not quitting bow scout, only taking a break until something new pops up, I might level a mage, another glass cannon class with way more killing ability.

Edited by bl0b, 28 May 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#29 LeWicked

LeWicked

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

I'm not quitting bow scout, only taking a break until something new pops up, I might level a mage, another glass cannon class with way more killing ability.

I meant a break on my bow scout also. I will not quit , wrong chose of word :) .

What i meant is like you i dont like to play the bow scout now cause its to fragile .
Then again do not alot damage cause of speed/damage and ofcourse slow casting of skills...

#30 Dwirama

Dwirama

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:06 AM

so now what do we do ???????
only share information about scout ?????
but no action ????????
what you want it to be ???????

COME ON MAAN !!!!

#31 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:22 AM

so now what do we do ???????
only share information about scout ?????
but no action ????????
what you want it to be ???????

COME ON MAAN !!!!

Any changes If done, will probably only be after the database update. So for now, if you have any ideas that could help improve scouts and make them better then they are now, post it here. 

#32 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Dont give up bl0b, there must be some ways we can use to our advantage. Just needa keep looking while we wait for a possible fix on the class. :no1:   

I will never give up on our class  :no1:

Here's a few more ideas I think would help, mostly in form of skills and passives. 

Lets start with a new summon: 

1. Shadow (summon)[named it because using a normal animal name is boring]

Spoiler

2. Nimble Assassin  (Passive)

Spoiler

3. Spirit Arrow (Active skill)

Spoiler

4. Crazy Archer (passive) This one may sound abit crazy, but hey, Its just an idea.

Spoiler

Note that none of these are linked, if some of them were put together... let's just say some of us bow scouts would be extremely happy :mwahaha:

Well, That's enough new stuff for now.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for the now thing, Critical focus. It should not be a party buff. I know I said something about it in my previous post, but that just shows how Important it is. 

Reaons why:-

- It's stackable

- A fixed percent is shared, not affected by charm

- Regarding PvP instances, if both teams have excess to the buff, they cancel each other out.

- Bow scouts lose the slight advantage that they had over other classes. 

- selfishness... I don't want to share the crit with a team raider that already got twice as many kills then I.

- Last reason. It's stackable

Now, even after the thousand reasons above,the devs decide to keep critical focus as a party buff, the crit % the bow scout receives should be increased. 10% exclusive for the scout, and 5% shared. That would make it 15% for the user, and 5% for the rest. This way bow scouts have the original 10% crit  than before it became a party buff and the rest will still get the 5%. everyone happy. 

It's a party buff, Devs happy. Team mates get 5%, team mates happy. Bow scout get 10%(opponent team with bow scout), bow scout happy. Bow scout get 15%( opponent team without a bow scout), bow scout extremely happy!. 

Edited by bl0b, 01 June 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#33 Eriah012

Eriah012

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

Hello need help i want to make an crossbow scout, may i know what is stat and skill for xbow scout?

#34 Valakas

Valakas

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:08 PM

I will never give up on our class  :no1:

Here's a few more ideas I think would help, mostly in form of skills and passives. 

Lets start with a new summon: 

1. Shadow (summon)[named it because using a normal animal name is boring]

Spoiler

2. Nimble Assassin  (Passive)

Spoiler

3. Spirit Arrow (Active skill)

Spoiler

4. Crazy Archer (passive) This one may sound abit crazy, but hey, Its just an idea.

Spoiler

Note that none of these are linked, if some of them were put together... let's just say some of us bow scouts would be extremely happy :mwahaha:

Well, That's enough new stuff for now.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for the now thing, Critical focus. It should not be a party buff. I know I said something about it in my previous post, but that just shows how Important it is. 

Reaons why:-

- It's stackable

- A fixed percent is shared, not affected by charm

- Regarding PvP instances, if both teams have excess to the buff, they cancel each other out.

- Bow scouts lose the slight advantage that they had over other classes. 

- selfishness... I don't want to share the crit with a team raider that already got twice as many kills then I.

- Last reason. It's stackable

Now, even after the thousand reasons above,the devs decide to keep critical focus as a party buff, the crit % the bow scout receives should be increased. 10% exclusive for the scout, and 5% shared. That would make it 15% for the user, and 5% for the rest. This way bow scouts have the original 10% crit  than before it became a party buff and the rest will still get the 5%. everyone happy. 

It's a party buff, Devs happy. Team mates get 5%, team mates happy. Bow scout get 10%(opponent team with bow scout), bow scout happy. Bow scout get 15%( opponent team without a bow scout), bow scout extremely happy!. 

^I like and I think this is worth discussing further. At work now will give it some thought later on. 

Hello need help i want to make an crossbow scout, may i know what is stat and skill for xbow scout?

Hello , although this is a Scout Discussion, we don't exactly discuss or share our builds here. Currently the discussion is about what needs improvement and how they can be improved. Also,  one good advise for you is please do not ask for stats and builds from other players. You have to learn the class on your own and come out with your own play style. What works for us might not work for you and vice versa. So go have some fun discovering and don't rely on others. 

#35 Eriah012

Eriah012

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

Okay

#36 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

How about this? :heh: :heh: :heh:

http://forums.warppo...s/#entry1802892

#37 NoobMeister

NoobMeister

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNear Storage

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

Hey guys, you'll now have to talk to the other Scout Reps, I have resigned from the position and will not be doing anything else to further for this discussion. Sorry for the inconvenience, have a good time.

#38 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

Hey guys, you'll now have to talk to the other Scout Reps, I have resigned from the position and will not be doing anything else to further for this discussion. Sorry for the inconvenience, have a good time.

:(

#39 Valakas

Valakas

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I thought we had a good thing going :(

#40 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

Let's revive this thread

Magical based damage skill please :)

#41 NoobMeister

NoobMeister

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNear Storage

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

Let's revive this thread

Magical based damage skill please :)

Things are being worked on in terms of scouts. I'm not sure how much information I'm allowed to say. But if you guys have ideas about what could be changed. Reasonable changes of course, please continue to post them.

#42 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

Either the elemental arrows, Fire, Ice and Wind or Pheonix Arrow should be magical based. 

#43 Meifesto

Meifesto

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:12 AM

Still quite new to this game :wave:  and not 230 yet, but for now my playtime in rose consist of i think 80% scout (main and sec acc alt).

Always have been a scout type of player, in almost every single MMORPG type game, so i had my fair share in the past, got lost in the xbox-world for some time, but thanks to some people i found couple of pc MMORPG i like :thumb2:
Can say that so far i spend more time in Rose than was wise at some moments, but that goes for allot of us i guess xD

My two cents on the scout class for now (not 230 yet, so not all might be accurate, but hey, i'm learning) :wink: :wink:
Based on PvM only atm.

Stats

Spoiler

The idea of Blob for a extra passive is also an great idea, works in the same way, based on our Dex stats.
But it it will cost SP, probably 10 of them.
It can give the extra boost we need, but at which cost (where to get the SP from).

Camouflage

Spoiler

And then you have the 2 pets, the hawk and the beast.

For as far as i can see there isn't enough difference between the 2 summons. but my beast isn't lvl 5 yet, so not 100% sure about that.

It would be an option to chance both summons in a big way and make both summons useful in different scenarios.

But i will come back to that later, as soon as my beast is lvl 5 probably :wink:

I hope my newbie insight can help to make the scout a honorable opponent in PvP and a reliable asset in dungeons/farming.

So far my two cents :wink:

-edit-

Removed some spelling errors and made it look better with editing the spoilers in it ;)

Edited by Meifesto, 05 December 2014 - 12:02 AM.

#44 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:25 PM

I like the idea

#45 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:17 AM

Dear Meifesto,

with the next patch there will some tweaks on existing scout skills be added which include pretty mutch all you asked for:

You will get the option to gain movementspeed and dodge through a skill called Wind Arrow.

We will also reduce the Cooldown on Camouflage so you will have additional survivability.

Overall Scouts have already a very high Movementspeed; up to 2000 Runspeed without any special movementspeed item are no rarity.

The upcoming skillchanges will provide a huge amount of flexibility for every Scout, even Crossbow Scouts will get the option to become real tanks in dungeons (new taunt).

I mainly see a problem in the fact that the majority of scout players who complain (here) are used to the way Scout was played before the skill patch in August 2013 when Scout got changed into a sniper/utility class - away from their old tank role.

I would have loved if the suggested trap changes would have been also added, but sadly the next patch will not include those skill changes (traps within camouflage without getting decloacked).

Greetings

iMatt

Edited by iMatt, 05 December 2014 - 08:18 AM.

#46 Meifesto

Meifesto

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:29 PM

It sounds good, we can always try it out and see if it is enough ;)

Don't know the old scout, only been playing the game for the last two months or so. :wink:

Any idea when this will happen or is that still classified intel?
I love how there is some communications between warpportal and their members :)

I will come back to the pets when i reach max level beast, but lvling takes some time xD

#47 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:02 PM

Overall Scouts have already a very high Movementspeed; up to 2000 Runspeed without any special movementspeed item are no rarity.

May I ask how a scout would achieve 2000 mspeed without any special movement speed items?

Also, what special skill or passives do scouts have that other classes don't have?

#48 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

May I ask how a scout would achieve 2000 mspeed without any special movement speed items?

Also, what special skill or passives do scouts have that other classes don't have?

Too much TG stat buffer :p_sleep:

#49 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

Too much TG stat buffer :p_sleep:

I just tried with a stat buffer, 1019 charm, without any mspeed Items I got alittle less than 1.6k mspeed, even with mask of lies 50mspeed sub, backshield 50mspeed and 75mspeed foot gem, I get around 1850. That 2000 mark would be hard to reach without any mspeed stuff even if you are on stat buffs. 

Scouts are not naturally faster than any of the other classes (except muses, they don't have a movement speed passive). If they are faster, it's mostly because of gears, which is available to other classes as well, not scouts alone.

Lets compare the passives totals, all classes have base 550 movement speed. 

- Hawkers would be at the top, with a total of 150 mspeed from passives

- Dealers and Champions would come in second with 100 mspeed

- Mage's (and raiders) have stacks if they do choose to be faster, upto a total of 450, but since stacks aren't as full proof as passives, they will be lower on the list.

- Only classes missing out are clerics and knights.

As you can see, scouts are faster by only 150 mspeed then the slowest, clerics and knights, maybe mages. 50 mspeed faster than Champions and dealers. Equal to raiders. This is all based on whether a player chooses to sacrifice a few skill point into those passives. 

So if Matt says scouts have very high mspeed, they can reach 2000 easily, than Champions, Dealers, Raiders, even Mages, Clerics and Knights should have no problem achieving this amount. So scouts are fast, but aren't necessarily faster. 

Scout's are designed to be hit and run classes (or so I've heard), they only defence is their movement speed and range(not including camo), it's what they use to survive. Let's face it, a scout can not face a champ or raider head on, it's death. To survive the scout would have to back off and run away most of the time. Here's a list of other classes defensive attributes

-Champions: High def and HP

-Knights: Even higher defence and HP

-Raiders: Very High Dodge

-Clerics: High def, block.

-Mages: Mana shield

-Dealers: Medium defence................... Range

-Crossbow scouts: High def, block

-Bow scouts: Should have movement speed.... Range

Most of what I said is bow scout related, crossbow scouts don't need to run from anything.

I would really like to see bow scouts use mspeed as a means to surivive and would have higher mspeed than they currently do one day. I'm talking about the base values, when no gears are equiped.

Since mspeed is a defensive mechanism when it comes to scouts, [This is purely a suggestion] how about we use the same stacks planned for wind arrow, mspeed/dodge increase, and change the way it is applied, instead of it being wind arrow specific, make it into a passive and make it so stacks apply when damage is taken, not dealt. So everytime a scout takes damage, the scout would receive a mspeed stack, not so sure about the dodge since this would make scouts more tanky  in head to head situations, and it has been stated again and again by various individuals that ranged classes are not meant to tank, not one bit.

Or a dex passive that relates to mspeed, that would be cool too.

#50 zonyzony

zonyzony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:04 PM

I would say dealers suck the most in survivavility. They only got a few more defence than bow scouts but bow scouts have slightly higher dodge and has invi. In cd people always aim for dealers for instead of bow scouts

Edited by zonyzony, 05 December 2014 - 04:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users