WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Creative Feast Event (see second post) - Page 18 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Creative Feast Event (see second post)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
431 replies to this topic

#426 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

This topic is really off-topic and has just turned into people bashing other people's entries. Can we just lock this thread? It's turning a fun event into a headache...

#427 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

Thank you Oda, now to prance around on my Wanderer more often...or give it to another one of my chars on that account. xD

#428 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

Yeah didn't get mine. Been busy x.x Thanks.

Server: Chaos/Renewal

Name: MilkyThief

Edited by andybrownma, 02 July 2014 - 05:54 PM.

#429 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

Um, actually if you read their recipe he pre-cooked the chicken and had about 3 different pots cooking before combining everything. He didn't buy pre-cooked chicken, pre-peeled potatoes, pre-cut onions, and whatever else and stick it in a pot and it's done. The stew also involved WAY more cooking and had many more ingredients.

And if your entire dish is going to be about the container, then yes, it should be edible. Just like the stew's bones should be edible. He could have easily made them out of clay and I'd be saying the same thing.

The dragon -_-tail had 6 ingredients (9 if you take apart his liquor) and the stew 14. The only thing I'd say he made is the liquor part. The entire recipe was literally "put X into the mixer. shake. pour. add slice of watermelon." You're telling me that's not easy?

If it wasn't in that glass no one would be defending that drink. And the glass isn't cooking.

Edit: my bad, add 1 to the drink's ingredients. I forgot to add the ice. Frozen water = complex ingredient.

i wasnt defending any one particular drink... what im saying is that a nice -_-tail can take more ingrediants and be more time consuming to make that a soup... its clear to me many people here have never bothered to make a sophisticated -_-tail before... hell look at the recipies that Oda posts in the Tiki Tuesday thread... thats way more complicated half the time than cooking a salmon with wild rice and Parmesan broccoli... just because its a drink doesnt make it any easier than a cooked dish...

#430 NarumiMiura

NarumiMiura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

This topic is really off-topic and has just turned into people bashing other people's entries. Can we just lock this thread? It's turning a fun event into a headache...

I second this!

#431 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

If you were missed, I will add yours tomorrow, past that you can send me a PM. Thanks!

#432 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

Moving this to Creative Contraptions and pinning it so that people can still gaze at the beautiful cooking and baking that our community did. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users