Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 6); Soul Hunter, Defiler, and Dominator. - Page 3 - Kruxena Shadows - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 6); Soul Hunter, Defiler, and Dominator.

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#51 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:44 AM

Actually you're still not reading my suggestion all the way Sidd!

It would be a bit like s1, but not like s1 as the duration would decrease relative to the LENGTH Terms of Service has been down for, but given how oddly programmed Terms of Service is right now that's something that's highly unlikely. If Terms of Service applied the full duration per tick, that would be a problem, that's why I said let it apply the stun relative to the time it has been planted for.

I was actually proposing them changing how the tick system works entirely since I know without working on that it would be very problematic, but this is nigh impossible without coding something new like I said.

Edit: The point is to make a full duration Terms of Service stronger than it is now since it's just a joke because you CAN get out with mashing because of the spacing and weird overlap delay on ticks.

Edited by Viole, 20 June 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#52 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:FOC

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

Toss Miss is fine i think. All skills should miss - and do for the most part.

Terms of Service already has lost its damage, became visible, slower cast speed & had durations fiddled with. 

I think as is it is fine. 

Most krux have lost the sneakiness they use to need due to +30ness. 

Was a time when Defi had to kite around the targets Terms of Service from behind them or behind walls. Now most are happy just stand in the open due to gears. 

Again most are so rookie that if you play PvP alot (and/or have played Defi) you will 9 times out of 10 guess where they will plant Terms of Service so be able to avoid.

Sure Terms of Service lasts for ages but hey alot of skills do at end game.

also not many as should get out of Terms of Service. i see so many Rogues, Warriors, Druids, Comies etc stuck in Terms of Service. I can just imagine they are sitting there mashing skills queuing them instead of waiting and counting for ticks.

So yes. people CAN escape. But for most part they dont.

Only issue i thinkis its radius of effect. be nice smaller but hey i rather devs fix the game than -_- with classes.

#53 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ex-Hammerine

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

just be nice to a 80+ domi that crosses the Terms of Service'ed area on its way to pick up some flowers or whatnot and maybe he/she's nice to u too and frees u out of the Terms of Service ^^

#54 wildscar

wildscar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

quick suggestion:

1. reduceSoul_Hunter_Lithifying_Terror.gif Lithifying Terror duration from 33 sec to 10 sec. it works on AM too- bugged?

2. make Soul_Hunter_Fury.gif fury a normal skill and not just PvE skill with short duration. would be fun to see multiple target getting confused

3. better base stats, the base hp and def for this race is terrible unless u r +30.

4. might consider bringing back S1 skills like Soul_Hunter_Counterattack.gif Counterattack Soul_Hunter_Chaos.gifChaos Soul_Hunter_Pain_Sharing.gifPain Sharing Soul_Hunter_Stealing_Mana.gif Stealing Mana Soul_Hunter_Self_Sacrifice.gif Self Sacrifice

5. also i think if stacking multiple AoEs were disable at one spot would make it more fair for other players to survice when Terms of Service or sleep is cast.

#55 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:33 AM

quick suggestion:

1. reduceSoul_Hunter_Lithifying_Terror.gif Lithifying Terror duration from 33 sec to 10 sec. it works on AM too- bugged?

I think it's not a bug, since "Lith" can be considered something else than Slow, Halt, Sleep, Fear or Stun.

But if you reduce the duration to only 10 seconds it's pretty useless against the long duration of commys Adamant Mind and noone would skill it.

Not like many people skill it as it is now due to its ridiculous low range/long casttime.

If anything this skill needs a longer range (or shorter casttime), maybe reduce the duration a little bit.

What I read here concerning this particular issue is funny because it can be summarize into "oooh nooo, Terms of Service is not op, we're harmless, you know you can get out of Terms of Service when you want how you want".

I do apologize if I hurt your feelings in any way but this is complete bullsh*t.

This only tells me that you guys play a defi and you do not want your class to be nerfed...

Your point: "You only say Terms of Service is not op, because you play that class"

My point: "You only say Terms of Service is op, because you don't play that class"

:dunno:

Anyway Terms of Service is not op, we're harmless, you can get out of Terms of Service whenever and however you want it babes.

#56 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:29 AM

The only way this hypothetical 96 second stun would play out is an infinite army of defi's that don't get killed in under 5 hits

I would argue that with an infinite amount of defilers the stun would last for more than 96 seconds

#57 Vorx

Vorx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPortugal and in your nightmares
  • Server:None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:42 AM

Change the texture of soul hunter\dominator pets, even a simple recolor would be good. It's a little disappointing having high level familiars as exact replicas of lvl 30-49 mobs.

#58 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

fury: move to dominator make it like Terms of Service aoe fear that cant be broken does low amount of damage.  why? every class should be buffed up to the more powerful ones.

blood moon: move to dominator make spamable pet aoe. why? untill pets skills are controlable this is the only option to have some form of control over ur minions.

the most radical change, turn vampiric touch into a multitarget lifetap party buff that applies to every skill cast. why? krux casters are the least defensive classes in the whole game.

move binding soul to soul hunter.

Edited by sonemere, 23 June 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#59 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:46 AM

okay in case people are too lazy to click on a link to see what's listed there + since i'm super bored and feel like wasting some time
here is a brief summary of what i think is most important & easy to do*:

*mainly based on Lithis ideas, i just agree on alot aaand i kinda skipped the domi part.

Soul Hunter/Defi Stuff:

8buGN.png Attack of Curse: Increase it's damage.

Explanation: Attack of Curse as it is now deals only 4 damagepoints on lvl 1, 31 on lvl 10. For example Bloody Arrow lvl 1 already deals 23 dmg.

I know Attack of Curse has a rather short CD, but still the damage is a joke so please increase it proportionally.

JbZ9o.png Invisibility: Remove the Strenghtened DNA for Invisibility, add it to the skill itself.

Explanation: No one has 10 dna points to increase that buff anyway. Evasion is kind of usefull if you have enough of it, but then again not so much.

So i think it woulld be okay to increase the % rate, removing the DNA. It would make the skill worth taking.

oTYjm.png + wcYlW.pngSoul Shield/Blessing of Wind: Combine them & slightly increase the defense.
Explanation: The amount of defense you get from Soul Shield is ridiculously low. Blessing of the wind is also not the hottest thing out there.
By combining both it would make the skill semi-worth taking. Defense-wise make it like that Templar defense buff.

Uo11A.png Lithifying Terror: Increase it's range.
Explanation: To make it usefull again. As it is currently, you have to be super lucky to be able cast it on someone with its low range/long casttime. Maybe lower it's duration a little bit.

EQVD4.png Curse Mastery: Increase it's %.
Explanation: 10% is not enough imo, all the other passive mastery buffs (Tempest, Forsaker etc) give at least 18-20% at max level.

nZOBB.png Vampiric Touch: Remove VT AoE DNA, add it to the skill itself & Remove/Change the skill animation for Vampiric Touch.
Explanation: 30 DNA points are needed to make this (important) skill - our only heal - usefull. Keep in mind dear non Soul Huter folks it still will be able to fail and it requires enemys,

and its affected by their curse resistances. So making it aoe would at least spare us 10 dna points, points that free player desperately need.
- With its DNA its supposed to be instant, but its not due to the cast animation. This is more of a bug report than a suggestion.

A682A.png Binding Soul: Move it to Soul Hunter tree & Give it the ability to reduce curse resist for a set duration.
Explanation: So domis could have it also. The added reduction of curse resist would be a great addition to it, maybe make it like 10 seconds so it would be like the weapon debuff.

#60 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

i still think vamp touch should be a party leech buff. this way all krux casters are freed from 30 dna investment needed to function correctly. (which is ridiculous!!)

Strengthened summoned monster XXX: double all values for both of these buffs

Shape of fear: all fear spells should never be able to be broken and work in raids. (they need % chance)

move these skills to dominator:

Bloody spear

Deadly bomb

Fury: make like trap of stiffness fear aoe with attack of curse damage per tick. WHY? no defiler uses fury!!  this balances dominator to druid with a lower damage aoe that includes fear.

also after looking at dominator dna's....all the pet dna's need to be removed. current pet dna are useless

Faster pets:  basically gives global attack/cast speed buff. lvl 1-10 = 1-10% increased attack and cast speed.

Faster Kazara:  kazara needs 5 dna that give .1-.5 sec negative attack speed.(quick attack dna for kazara)!! 

Faster Lenatore: same dna for lenatore as kazara.

add capture pet to dominator with dna. (lvl 68 seems about right=)

Edited by sonemere, 24 June 2014 - 07:37 PM.

#61 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:49 AM

EQVD4.png Curse Mastery: Increase it's %.
Explanation: 10% is not enough imo, all the other passive mastery buffs (Tempest, Forsaker etc) give at least 18-20% at max level.

isnt this atm only a fix dmg? or just bug in description? i know long tim ago it was in %

#62 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

its 10%, description isnt right

#63 xShadowGigx

xShadowGigx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

Damn Defilers, ToSing and -_-.

#64 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

Terms of Service? Where I'll remove that silly totem with my elf powers. Muahaha!! I'm a good little elf

#65 WhateverHeSaid

WhateverHeSaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

I've played a single defiler since open beta... 
I read about party buffs, but the defiler story explain why Kruxena just have single buffs (except deadly cry and giont cry [useless for mages], I don't remember others) and some can be casted on others players (like blessing of wind).

They are brutal and cold hearted since they are a race created for the purpose of destruction, and will even sacrifice their companions to accomplish their ends.

This part is important to make skills following their story.

Domi need much more dps (defiler just need a improve with his passive buff, I don't want a new self buff with low purpose...) and both need more ways to survive (30 DNA only to VT sucks hard). 

The suggestions from Lithi are perfects (Thanks Leash to bring it back). Maybe bring back some S1 skill could be a good ideia.

Some people said about Terms of Service is OP, but it's the only way to defiler (not +30) survive... only IF, and it's a BIG IF, have a big boost of his survivability, Terms of Service can have a little, JUST a little, nerf.

#66 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

Some people said about Terms of Service is OP, but it's the only way to defiler (not +30) survive... only IF, and it's a BIG IF, have a big boost of his survivability, Terms of Service can have a little, JUST a little, nerf.

if they turn vamp touch to leech buff it makes both domi and defilers tanks in sum regards.

#67 oktay89

oktay89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Trap of Stiffness is too strong. Reduce its duration or the number of max targets it can stun.

Even with 25k hp and 80% curse resist its not possible to survive this skill. It complete locks the opposite team players.

#68 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

Trap of Stiffness is too strong. Reduce its duration or the number of max targets it can stun.

Even with 25k hp and 80% curse resist its not possible to survive this skill. It complete locks the opposite team players.

you know how hard it is to set Terms of Service? set Terms of Service and the aos is really hard. all pfocus on defis and they are squishi as hell. Terms of Service have 2 sec cast. in fact is more arround 3 becouse the stupid animation.

pls complain only abouth Terms of Service and defilers if you have play one. i have no plan from tanks or so. you have see me complain abouth them? i have just say something abouth the 30m range  stunlock from sins.

Edited by Nerthu, 25 June 2014 - 09:52 PM.

#69 oktay89

oktay89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:10 AM

I have a high level defi, so i know what i am talking about. No other class have level 70 skill with that duration of mass stun.

#70 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:19 AM

other classes have good skills with 0-1sec cast time and more survivability. defi have just crap skills with fast casttime. bud its just my opinion

#71 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

No one should be complaining that Terms of Service is OP. Look at it this way, sin and Sr can both dash out. Druid can dash out. Warlord, zerk can dash out. Commander can say or walk out. Avenger can remove or dash out. Rad can hush it and walk through or use lvl 80 skill and walk through. Domi can use 70 skill and walk through and let the entire team walk through. So against which toon js it op? Mystic, saker, tempest and prot? Cmon if anything it should be strengthened a little. Hell give it back damage

#72 ThreeTimes6

ThreeTimes6

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:58 AM

Terms of Service dont need a nerf, as RadiantHelper already mentinoned above - alot of classes are able to avoid it or make immune vs. it - and yes 2 secs Terms of Service cast already is hard in many cases, u just need sth annoying to interrupt a casting defi and he might be lost (fear, lithi terror, bind soul, sleep and so on)

#73 shakastriker

shakastriker

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

These classes could be much more interesting than they are currently.

Soul Hunter:

1. Give us back the old bloody arrow, please. Attack of curse looks retarded, and I liked being able to spam bloody arrow.

2. Invisibility should provide higher defense.

3. Summon Illusion should be changed to "Summon Illusions", and up to 5 can be summoned at a time. Each illusion would recieve 75% of your base stats to make them a useful tool in PvE.

Dominator:

1. Combine the pet buffs into one buff so it increases base pet damage by a percentage.

2. Turn Lesser Heal into an aoe regeneration for your pets, kinda like the skill "Natural Healing" for battle mages.

3. Dominators are necromancers, we should be able to sacrafice our pets for hp.

Defiler:

I don't play defiler, so no suggestions :o

I totally agree about we return the bloody arrow and leave behind the curse attack

do not know, but the bloody arrow is more OP for deffiler please return the bloody arrow instant cast skill

ATT: Shaka   ( The One)

#74 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:49 AM

defilers Terms of Service used to have same damage as other defiler aoes...yall stfu abt it being op.... u dont even know what ur talkin abt.

#75 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

defilers Terms of Service used to have same damage as other defiler aoes...yall stfu abt it being op.... u dont even know what ur talkin abt.

tumblr_m8m9p532ay1qbzqexo1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users