Request for GM Response: Macros - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Request for GM Response: Macros

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#1 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:37 AM

First and foremost: please do not finger-point, accuse people of botting or post 'evidence of botting' in this thread. I'm not trying to start a bot-hunt or to call for bans; I just want an official clarification from the game's GMs regarding the usage of macros.

Recently, there have been players who, when asked, have claimed that the usage of macros are not simply tolerated, but allowed by the game's GMs:

347fz94.png

(Again, please refrain from naming names/posting vids. I really do not want this thread closed due to flaming and accusations.)

However, this appears to clash with the game's User Agreement, which prohibits the use of 3rd-party programs:

A) Use of illegal automated programs, Scripts, and Computers. The use of any illegal automated program (Ex. 3 rd party bot) or system, devices, computers, or scripts on Raganarok 2 is strictly prohibited (as taken from here)

If at all possible, it would be extremely helpful if a GM could clarify or affirm the game management's standing regarding macros - Are they useable in game (as long as the player is at the computer)? Are they illegal, and on par with bots in that they are a bannable offense?

At the very least, players will be able to refer to a concrete stance when dealing with the issue. Thanks. 

Edited by Axtar, 25 June 2014 - 05:39 AM.

#2 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

GL WITH RESPONSE O.O/

(doubt it will come before locked tho xD)

#3 Iantsu

Iantsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

An answer to this would be lovely. It would finally end those ridiculous forum arguments.

Again, please DO NOT point fingers or post videos of people macroing, botting, or anything in this thread. We just want an answer from the people in charge, cause some people are confused.

Is the use of macro (a third party program) allowed if one does not leave his/her PC? (We've been hearing this excuse a lot)

#4 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

I have actually spoken to the GMs regarding this and we can expect a response sometime this week hopefully.

#5 IronOrc

IronOrc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:56 AM

Response to my question about macrcos 3/14/14

Greetings, 

I understand you had a concern regarding the use of macros in Ro2. I apologize for the delay in reply as well as for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please know that the use of macros is not a problem as long as you are not botting, or using extended macros so you may leave your computer while playing. If you are found to be using extended macros or third party programs, and you are not present when a GM tests you in game, your account can be permanently suspended. Please know that Hackshield does not allow some macros and will flag certain accounts, shutting down the game if they are used. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue, or if you have anything further to add, please let me know. 

Thank you.

Customer Service Representative
WarpPortal Support Team

Short and to the point....macros can be used...just cant just walk away and let it run (aka you're botting then)..,Hackshield may not like it....you get to suffer for it...to bad imho.
Reason being macros is OK to a point, is that now keyboards and some mice have built in macro'ing abilities.

Edited by IronOrc, 27 June 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#6 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:59 AM

Thanks for the post, IronOrc, but it'd be good if we can get - in its full red text of glory - official word from the game's GM. Though your post brings up a good point - are macros then allowable to a certain extent? If so, what are the parameters of that extent? What kind of macros are you referring to? (Ie. examples would be good.)

Edited by Axtar, 25 June 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#7 VoxStellarum

VoxStellarum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:02 AM

Is it even possible to use macro without any 3rd party program? 

#8 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:06 AM

First and foremost: please do not finger-point, accuse people of botting or post 'evidence of botting' in this thread. I'm not trying to start a bot-hunt or to call for bans; I just want an official clarification from the game's GMs regarding the usage of macros.

Recently, there have been players who, when asked, have claimed that the usage of macros are not simply tolerated, but allowed by the game's GMs:

347fz94.png

(Again, please refrain from naming names/posting vids. I really do not want this thread closed due to flaming and accusations.)

However, this appears to clash with the game's User Agreement, which prohibits the use of 3rd-party programs:

A) Use of illegal automated programs, Scripts, and Computers. The use of any illegal automated program (Ex. 3 rd party bot) or system, devices, computers, or scripts on Raganarok 2 is strictly prohibited (as taken from here)

If at all possible, it would be extremely helpful if a GM could clarify or affirm the game management's standing regarding macros - Are they useable in game (as long as the player is at the computer)? Are they illegal, and on par with bots in that they are a bannable offense?

At the very least, players will be able to refer to a concrete stance when dealing with the issue. Thanks.

Thank you for that thread! So if you read the terms of ro2 correct. It is prohibit to use any Programms or devices (including macro mouse and keyboard).
Hope the GMs see this thread:)

#9 hxinen

hxinen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:-retired-

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:08 AM

Gaming mouse like what I have (razer naga) can even create macros on your mouse and have it available on your keyboard.

#10 AllTheWay

AllTheWay

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:08 AM

This is a post from a Developer of another game under Warpportal, that simplifies the Botting "do's and don'ts". I assume that it is their policy for all Warpportal games.

2s5y341.jpg

Link: http://forums.warppo...-faq/?p=1074334

#11 Iantsu

Iantsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:10 AM

*waits for an official post by Njoror or Zanbee*

#12 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

Is it even possible to use macro without any 3rd party program? 

I'm not well-versed with gaming mice, but from what I've gathered, some gaming mice have extra in-built buttons which you can program actions to.

(Ie. If you click button A on the mouse, it will perform Action B and C in-game consecutively.)

This macro would require you to sit and click in order for your in-game actions to be performed. If you don't press button A, Action B and C will not happen.

However, there seems to be confusion between these type of 'mice' macros, and macros that automatically 'click' for you. This is the '3rd party program' macro.

(Ie. You download and start a program that will continuously 'press' a keyboard key/mouse button to perform action B and C.)

This macro 'plays' for you, and you can technically leave it to run to constantly 'trigger' action B and C.

The semantic technicalities lie in 'cannot leave your PC' - theoretically, you can sit at your PC and run the second type of macro, hence fulfilling the 'do not leave' part. But where the first macro will not run if you do not click, the second macro doesn't actually require you to stay - the player just needs to sit and watch the macro running.

Edited by Axtar, 25 June 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#13 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:13 AM

I'm not well-versed with gaming mice, but from what I've gathered, some mice have in-built buttons which you can program actions to.

(Ie. If you click button A on the mouse, it will perform Action B and C in-game consecutively.)

This macro would require you to sit and click in order for your in-game actions to be performed. If you don't press button A, Action B and C will not happen.

However, there seems to be confusion between these type of 'mice' macros, and macros that automatically 'click' for you. This is the '3rd party program' macro.

(Ie. You start a program that will continuously 'press' a keyboard key/mouse button to perform action B and C.)

This macro 'plays' for you, and you can technically leave it to run to constantly 'trigger' action B and C.

The semantic technicalities lie in 'cannot leave your PC' - theoretically, you can sit at your PC and run the second type of macro, hence fulfilling the 'do not leave' part. But where the first macro will not run if you do not click, the second macro doesn't actually require you to stay - the player just needs to sit and watch the macro running.

The mouse macro example you gave is still a '3rd party program', it's just macro software bundled with your mouse driver for convenience.

#14 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

The mouse macro example you gave is still a '3rd party program', it's just macro software bundled with your mouse driver for convenience.

Yep, there's a lot of conflict in opinions regarding whether or not these macros are allowed. Which is why I started this thread - would really like to get a GM's official statement regarding macros so the players can all be on the same page. ^^

#15 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:17 AM

Yep, there's a lot of conflict in opinions regarding whether or not these macros are allowed. Which is why I started this thread - would really like to get a GM's official statement regarding macros so the players can all be on the same page. ^^

It would be great if they can give a allowed/not allowed table like that ROSE post. It's clear there's too much room for interpretation one way or another if they just give a non specific response.

#16 hxinen

hxinen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:-retired-

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

7 user(s) are reading this topic

5 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

waiting for Njoror to reply....

#17 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

Hi,

I've sent a message to Zanbee and the Support staff to come up with a response for you all regarding this, since it seems to be a hot topic recently, so expect that soon.

As a note, I don't reply to tickets, so not entirely sure what the image in the first post is referencing.

#18 Lekcee

Lekcee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:22 AM

A song for Njor who I see hopping in and out:

Say something .. I'm giving up on you

#19 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

What IronOrc posted is pretty much what we've been told (as a guild). Personally, I don't see a problem with macro'ing as long as you're at the PC ready to respond to a GM since it's the same thing as mashing 1, albeit you're reducing getting RSI/carpal tunnel :P

#20 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:31 AM

Hi,

I've sent a message to Zanbee and the Support staff to come up with a response for you all regarding this, since it seems to be a hot topic recently, so expect that soon.

As a note, I don't reply to tickets, so not entirely sure what the image in the first post is referencing.

Awesomesauce, will be anticipating said response. ^^ It would be great to get some well-defined clarification once and for all.

Edited by Axtar, 25 June 2014 - 06:31 AM.

#21 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

I've recorded a lot of people on my youtube. GMs just warns them and let them be. Cute but the community knows.

#22 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

The GM team is currently working on a Knowledgebase article regarding this. I will post it up as soon as I get it. 

#23 SpiTFirE23

SpiTFirE23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

and i GOT Banned for doing Macro..... WIPED ITEMS! sound cool... farm all things from last year ( 1year) items gone on 1 GM Decision !!

RMT selling item using real money = walk free with their items

BOT= wiped and perma banned "yes totally agree".

Edited by SpiTFirE23, 25 June 2014 - 12:47 PM.

#24 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

and i GOT Banned for doing Macro..... WIPED ITEMS! sound cool... farm all things from last year ( 1year) items gone on 1 GM Decision !!

RMT selling item using real money = walk free with their items

BOT= wiped and perma banned "yes totally agree".

If you were using Macros, and didn't respond when a GM performed their tests on you, then it would be considered botting and a bannable offense. Just be careful the next time you decide to use Macros, and be sure you are in front of the computer and able to respond to a GM.

#25 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

If you were using Macros, and didn't respond when a GM performed their tests on you, then it would be considered botting and a bannable offense. Just be careful the next time you decide to use Macros, and be sure you are in front of the computer and able to respond to a GM.

You do realize you esentially responded to this thread with your post without actually making your knowledge base article right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users