7/2 Bret "The Hitman" Hart Birthday maintenance - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

7/2 Bret "The Hitman" Hart Birthday maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
339 replies to this topic

#51 wasabee

wasabee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • LocationDarkroom
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

I still get time gap DC with homun out in TI... this never happened before geffen spotlight began. and it's been like this even after geffen spotlight ended... 

tracert sent. who knows what they'll do about it...people are very indifferent and in denial, and once they themselves get lag, they can rage all the way.  :dunno:

can someone explain what quest with brandos is?

^^^^THIS..i've mentioned this numerous time bout this matter and GM don't give a -_- to fix it and i remembered that renoullie said that server have overloaded issue.

#52 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

I agree with the constantly map change for Turn Ins, the mob respawn its ok in small maps, but the common sense is... bigger maps  should means more mob. I really dont care the respawn, when you kill a mob, somewhere should respawn other, but in big maps should be more mob than in small maps, you can't put 300 marionette in a small map like payon dungeon and then put the same quantity in a big map like new world D: that makes our runs so long and hard to complete with your KP items (ie BMx3). that was an example and its applicable for the actual High TI, the low it seems ok.

By the lag... i mean by the way, I feel the lag too, but its only in TI maps, and is not my ISP or so, In my guild there are many players from all around the world and its the same. As an advice, try to share the Turn In Map server load in different servers with less populate.

About TI:

Any high experience mob please D: after the kickstart event, we have many characters that needs to be raise to be ready for the WoE TE (and other purposes of course).

#53 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

Because goddamn, I wish there was an option in these forums to not see certain users' posts.

Uh, there is.

Settings → 'Ignore' Preferences

#54 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

Coming soon~

4th of July quest with the BRANDOS in COMODO

Due to the downtime last week, we are extending the exp event. 

The June Anniversary Lucky box departs

The July Groove pack arrives

The Anniversary event departs

The Kickstart event will be departing this week!

Just wondering why only the Exp Event, is going to be extended due to the downtime, & no the rest of the events, like the Anniversary Quest, & Kickstart Event?

Since when, & why, is the July Groove Pack, being added, when you are removing the Lucky Box? Typically there has always been a period of time between boxes.  I hope you leave Trans. Scrolls out of the Groove Pack, & put some items that haven't been in for quite awhile, and/or new items.

#55 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

We are going to try and redistribute the turn in maps to different zones to try and address the lag situation. Each turn in tier is now assigned to a different zone and will have their own unique set of maps. Hopefully this will help deal with any server side lag that may be happening on those maps.

#56 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

We are going to try and redistribute the turn in maps to different zones to try and address the lag situation. Each turn in tier is now assigned to a different zone and will have their own unique set of maps. Hopefully this will help deal with any server side lag that may be happening on those maps.

I feel love, am I crying?... oh yeah! I love you!.

Thanks!

#57 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

This is great news, although I sort of wonder why it wasn't done earlier since turn ins have been in this format for over a year... but better later than never. :heh:

Also, please make sure it is a different zone than Geffen because of OD + Homunculus!

#58 PyroPenguin

PyroPenguin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

to be honest, i could care less what monsters are in the ti's anymore, i just want the maps and spawns to be proportionate to each other.......i hate small maps with huge spawns just as much as i hate huge maps with smaller spawns...........please fix this for us 

#59 zoesensei

zoesensei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

Please, an extension on the anniversary quest, due to the down time.

#60 Jen1oak

Jen1oak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4736 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Update the boxters. add the costume drooping gray kitty, archangel wing, black shinubi set(if possible), Hexagon Spectacles, White drooping eddga hat. hope to see this added. many would wish to get rid of these items too.

#61 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

I only get severe lag in a situation where there are many players in a confined space. Geffen, TI, Dalaran, Halfhill, etc. Comcast likes to bend you over a barrel and there's no other option in my area, unless you happen to live in a fiber neighborhood (I don't). 

For the love of little green apples, run a trace every time you hit a big spike for a day and submit the stuff to staff so they can do something about it. Or maybe consider leveling your characters out of low TI. Because goddamn, I wish there was an option in these forums to not see certain users' posts.

every time when lag spike and while I am doing a tracert, my homun time gap DC rofl. what's the point then, doing a tracert on a character is not even connected  :p_err:

#62 wasabee

wasabee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • LocationDarkroom
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

Thx for listen to our complaining bout ti maps and i hope it will not be the same once i login after the maintenance.

For ti, may i know what monster will be choose?

#63 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

every time when lag spike and while I am doing a tracert, my homun time gap DC rofl. what's the point then, doing a tracert on a character is not even connected :p_err:

tracert looks at the connection between you and the target. i don't think you actually have to be logged in to do a successful tracert

#64 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:06 PM

Pls extend jumpstart. I didnt make what I want to do due to down time. Pls pls pls

No. Jumpstart desperately needs to leave. If a month isn't long enough for someone to create a full WP account of characters, level them to seventy two times, then that's on them. How long were the servers down because of the DDOS attack? Four hours? And this kept you from leveling fifteen characters at the same time within the remaining 716 hours because...?

I'm on the fence with the Anniversary quest though. Due to how mind-numbing it was to collect the points, some people might need an extra week to do the quest. However, on the other hand, from the start, higher-leveled players could do the tier 2 quests, and get more points. And last week, the MVPs (despite how hard it is to kill one due to it being baby-sat by bots which use convex mirrors) were added which gave even more exp. If I can spend four days total on hunting the books and getting kill counts doing just tier one quests to get the hat and all three enchants (and speed pots with remaining points), then it should have been long enough for almost everyone, IMO.

One more thing. How long have we had the exp and drop rates? So long that people are asking for it. So long that I don't even remember when it was started. I even looked back at the old maintenance threads, and had to go back to 6/11 to see that the drop rates were added to the "exp event." I even went back all the way to mid-may to try and find when the exp event started, but didn't find anything, which means, with all these points I've made, there's more reason to get rid of the exp event than to keep it. Four hour down time is no reason to keep the exp event. It will only make people cry, moan and bitch when it finally does leave because the 1.5 exp feels more and more like normal rates. If people want higher rates, there are countless severs out there. So Oda, PLEASE TAKE OUT EXP EVENT!!!

#65 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

how about forever 1,5 exp then?
troller gonna troll

#66 Kaydees

Kaydees

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

please extend jump start and the anniversary event for july 4th!!

#67 fairyfaye

fairyfaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

PLEASE FIX THE TURN IN LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :angry: :mad: :angry: :ani_bzz:

Edited by fairyfaye, 01 July 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#68 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

PLEASE FIX THE TURN IN LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :angry: :mad: :angry: :ani_bzz:

The very same page:

#69 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

No. Jumpstart desperately needs to leave. If a month isn't long enough for someone to create a full WP account of characters, level them to seventy two times, then that's on them. How long were the servers down because of the DDOS attack? Four hours? And this kept you from leveling fifteen characters at the same time within the remaining 716 hours because...?

well the thing is that not everyone always check the maintenance note or ro homepage. So there are people who might just realize janeway's existence. Just like the recent removal of tarnished lamp quests. Many people don't even know the quest was brought back until they happened to see its removal. Plus all those lag, DC, server down, DB BB in elder willow, orc, savage....

I'm not saying janeway should be there foreover. In regard of the incoming July 4th holidays people have more leisure time, I'm just expressing a different angle.

Edited by GreenIvy, 01 July 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#70 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

tracert looks at the connection between you and the target. i don't think you actually have to be logged in to do a successful tracert

I'm not entirely convinced by this. According to the pinned 'post your tracert' thread it says keep your character logged on the map.

well we did what we are told. praying for some results delivered. 

#71 AyeBay2

AyeBay2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Enriched hammer please.

#72 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

i know someone who didn't know about jumpstart until i told about it 2 weeks ago. i think a extra week can't hurt.

#73 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

well the thing is that not everyone always check the maintenance note or ro homepage. So there are people who might just realize janeway's existence. Just like the recent removal of tarnished lamp quests. Many people don't even know the quest was brought back until they happened to see its removal. Plus all those lag, DC, server down, DB BB in elder willow, orc, savage....

I'm not saying janeway should be there foreover. In regard of the incoming July 4th holidays people have more leisure time, I'm just expressing a different angle.

I'm one of those people that forgot that the lamp quest was there. Had I remembered, then I would have done the quest a few more times. But I forgot. It left. I'm over it. I got one lamp, good enough. I also would like to do some of the previous anniversary quests. Should they be brought back because I hadn't joined iRO yet? No.

Lag, down-time, etc is no excuse. I log into the game four days per week. So I'm one of those people who deal with limited time. I created a few characters, enjoyed the jump event, (finally) rebirthed my hunter, finished the anniversary quest and got my red beret with all three enchants completing ONLY tier 1 quests, as well as doing a handful of job change quests for my wife's characters. All this while helping to take care of my son, traveling 60 miles away to see family, and doing other stuff that bit into my free time.

As for Ignorance, there is no excuse. There's a global message that pops up frequently that tells people to come to the forums for updates on the game, like what's going to happen after maintenance, or for events, etc. Don't speak/can't read English? There's an International forum where people can ask someone who's bilingual to explain everything they need to know in their native language. The jump and exp events have been around long enough. Time to say goodbye.

#74 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

I'm one of those people that forgot that the lamp quest was there. Had I remembered, then I would have done the quest a few more times. But I forgot. It left. I'm over it. I got one lamp, good enough. I also would like to do some of the previous anniversary quests. Should they be brought back because I hadn't joined iRO yet? No.

Lag, down-time, etc is no excuse. I log into the game four days per week. So I'm one of those people who deal with limited time. I created a few characters, enjoyed the jump event, (finally) rebirthed my hunter, finished the anniversary quest and got my red beret with all three enchants completing ONLY tier 1 quests, as well as doing a handful of job change quests for my wife's characters. All this while helping to take care of my son, traveling 60 miles away to see family, and doing other stuff that bit into my free time.

As for Ignorance, there is no excuse. There's a global message that pops up frequently that tells people to come to the forums for updates on the game, like what's going to happen after maintenance, or for events, etc. Don't speak/can't read English? There's an International forum where people can ask someone who's bilingual to explain everything they need to know in their native language. The jump and exp events have been around long enough. Time to say goodbye.

Your argument is too subjective. I'm not gonna argue further when you bring your wife, son and 60-mile family trip into this. what, diabetic players are rewarded god items when reach 150?  

I didn't even mention those anniversary quest scaraba become aggressive all of sudden one-shot 2nd class in savage map. Whatever, some people just can't stand the possibility others making 10 new alts in 3 weeks and they just made it in 2. or just make more alts than they do in general.

Edited by GreenIvy, 01 July 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#75 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:45 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Update the boxters. add the costume drooping gray kitty, archangel wing, black shinubi set(if possible), Hexagon Spectacles, White drooping eddga hat. hope to see this added. many would wish to get rid of these items too.

so... vend them?

to be honest, i could care less what monsters are in the ti's anymore, i just want the maps and spawns to be proportionate to each other.......i hate small maps with huge spawns just as much as i hate huge maps with smaller spawns...........please fix this for us 

The maps always have equal monsters.  What you are seeing is the product of one monster being noticeably harder to kill than the other. This can be caused by one monster passive and the other not, or one ghost and the other weak to an element, etc.

Edited by Jaye, 01 July 2014 - 04:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users