Changes you would like to see on the new Class Hats - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 8 votes

Changes you would like to see on the new Class Hats

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
251 replies to this topic

#126 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

Just because someone does extremely well as a Trapper Ranger, it doesn't make the build OP or broken in any sense.

He could just be... a good player! *shock*

Likewise, anyone who envies a Trapper's DPS as an AS build is obviously undergeared or just not that good a player. AS is a fundamentally stronger leveling skill and, by virtue of its damage mod, will always have higher DPS if you're built for it.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 05 July 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#127 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

The only reason rangers are able to be on par with other characters is because of white wing set, and even then new players find it super difficult to obtain white wing sets, farming Mora Coins is not very noob friendly too. New rangers struggle in the early stage and are difficult to level, dont believe me, try it, go level a ranger from level 0 without any item help from your main. This hat will be able to help them through the early stages of leveling and farming. Plus, the only reason people are qqing about ranger damage is because they have spent billions of zeny they spent into enchanting their white wing sets and  MVP cards, and why shouldn't a character with an MVP card be strong? What about rangers without the MVP cards?

That "trapper pro" guy can solo monsters, dungeons, TIs, MVPS.. WITH ALMOST NO POTIONS, AND HE IS NOT EVEN LEVEL 150 YET, I wonder how many regular AS rangers are actually able to do that - and one of the main reason traps are even viable now is because of rideword hat, which is also repeatedly mentioned by the "trapper pro" guy.  If this hat were to change to the proposed trap version as you guys want it so much it will only rot in storage, PERIOD.

???

White Wing Set = 16,000,000z

Quadruple Malicious Main Gauge = 48,000,000z

New Ranger Hat +0 = 50,000,000z

The new hats effect is increasing Arrow Storm Damage is at +9. How is the New hat more new player friendly than a White Wing set?

#128 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

Even after converting monster element to earth, his fire trap damage was in the 5k~ish range. And you need to tank the mobs while doing it.

On the other hand a converted arrow storm easily does over 60k, and well geared
people can hit even higher than that.

#129 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

???

The new hats effect is increasing Arrow Storm Damage is at +9. How is the New hat more new player friendly than a White Wing set?

+ elven bow: 14m
total with WW set: 30m
the set+elven gives u 80% more damage with AS

OOOPS, the total AS set price is still lower than a single quad mali main gauche that doesnt give any improve on trap damage, only HP leech.

btw new ranger hat costs 99m now

#130 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:36 PM

You don't have to be a good player to be effective with arrow storm.

You have to be a good player to be super effective with most other PVM skills =/

Heck, I do a certain amount of damage with a wanderer's Severe Rainstorm, and its still less than half what a ranger can do in the same time and doesn't kill up front, and people make the 'gasp' face and ask why my wanderer does 5x the damage theirs does.

Never had that issue with ranger, that is for sure.

Edited by Jaye, 05 July 2014 - 06:37 PM.

#131 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

OOOPS, the total AS set price is still lower than a single quad mali main gauche that doesnt give any improve on trap damage, only HP leech.

btw new ranger hat costs 99m now

I could accept the new Ranger Hat effect if they would revert the Balance Patch Update on Sorcerer for HP. My Sorcerer went from 51,000 Max HP to 33,000 Max HP. I still cry myself to sleep every night.

#132 Pocky

Pocky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

???

So the quad mali dagger costs more, and...? I don't see the point that you guys are trying to bring up. 

We FINALLY get the attention we deserve and be able to be useful for once in woe, WHY ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO TAKE THAT AWAY? Rangers have always been a struggling class, we consistently get outperformed by EVERY OTHER CLASS, AOE? go for warlock, sorc, or RK;  MVP? go for bomber or sura. Go ahead and play a regular ranger in woe with all the woe sets and woe reductions and see how futile they are - double strafe 70 damage, arrow storm 1k damage, trap ranger oh gee damage very painful, you want 50% extra damage wow weee, you die by the time you get close to them.

This hat will help rangers stay competitive with the other classes, but now you want to take that away, with the amount of sp items you have to buy when you use this hat for traps, trust me, the hat will just go back to your storage replaced by rideword hat. You want arrow storm to suck because you want a hat that you will stop wearing after a few hours, you want rangers to go back to being completely useless again, which I am never going to allow

#133 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:21 PM

So the quad mali dagger costs more, and...? I don't see the point that you guys are trying to bring up. 

We FINALLY get the attention we deserve and be able to be useful for once in woe, WHY ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO TAKE THAT AWAY? Rangers have always been a struggling class, we consistently get outperformed by EVERY OTHER CLASS, AOE? go for warlock, sorc, or RK;  MVP? go for bomber or sura. Go ahead and play a regular ranger in woe with all the woe sets and woe reductions and see how futile they are - double strafe 70 damage, arrow storm 1k damage, trap ranger oh gee damage very painful, you want 50% extra damage wow weee, you die by the time you get close to them.

This hat will help rangers stay competitive with the other classes, but now you want to take that away, with the amount of sp items you have to buy when you use this hat for traps, trust me, the hat will just go back to your storage replaced by rideword hat. You want arrow storm to suck because you want a hat that you will stop wearing after a few hours, you want rangers to go back to being completely useless again, which I am never going to allow

clearly you just suck at ranger...

#134 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

Each headgear targets or attempts to target a niche build that is not of the mainstream (if possible, not all will come out like this).

I would like to re-iterate the point of these are for PvM and not for PvP or WoE so don't even try to suggest otherwise as it will be ignored.

i think you missed the whole point of the inubashiri headgears

#135 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

I think that yes people should be unhappy that what was promised of Inu's headgears was not delivered. However, since it has already been put in game, changing the effects is bogus as well.

In terms of WoE, specialty rangers (TT, SS) ought to have the kind of damage deserving of the MVP cards they equip. Rangers have been nerfed a lot in siege already primarily because of WoE sets. I think WoE is the reason why most people are hating on this hat. For PvM, I simply don't see why rangers would wear this hat over an SP hat. And for MVPing, rangers ASPD that -_-, not AS.

For there to be a trapper hat is reasonable, but for Autumn Leaves that has already been put into game as an AS hat to be changed just makes for even more terrible management. 

#136 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

Inubashiri took and put effort into designing these hats with alot of input from the community and kRO essentially stole the concept art and spit in her face... these hats arnt what they were supposed to be... thats the problem... and for things like the ranger hat its the exact OPPOSITE of what it was supposed to be... its like they are intentionally trying to ruin anything our community comes up with... First they mutilated Kritical's easter quest then they do this to Inu's hats... its as though they dont want quality in their game anymore... i hope everything comes round to bite kRO in the ass...

#137 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

Isn't there a Warlock skill that already does that?

It's only 30% at level 3 not 50%.I wouldn't even bother maxing that skill,it's just somewhat useless and waste of points in my view.

I think the effect should be added like reducing cool down of the said skills.

and also Tetra Vortex to add to it :p_devil:

#138 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

rangers have always been a struggling class? ROFL. OMG I'm laughing my guts out.

we are not taking away sh(i)t, we are asking for the thing that should be there in the first place. 

Obviously you are not playing this game right, woe or pve. If your ranger can't kill anything in woe, well, it's understandable if you don't have higher end gear. maybe you should play as debuff, debuff ranger is fun to play as well. Not every class every build is designed to kill people in woe.

If your mainstream AS ranger can't kill anything in pve, you should play another game because RO is Rangernarok.

Edited by GreenIvy, 05 July 2014 - 08:05 PM.

#139 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

Inubashiri took and put effort into designing these hats with alot of input from the community and kRO essentially stole the concept art and spit in her face... these hats arnt what they were supposed to be... thats the problem... and for things like the ranger hat its the exact OPPOSITE of what it was supposed to be... its like they are intentionally trying to ruin anything our community comes up with... First they mutilated Kritical's easter quest then they do this to Inu's hats... its as though they dont want quality in their game anymore... i hope everything comes round to bite kRO in the ass...

I manually +1 on this

#140 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:16 PM

Okay,I tried not to interfere all these ranger crap but I changed my mind since I see something interesting.

About the bold part:either you're stupid or just trolling.

And also,

Why in the seven hells you brought WoE?

These hats are supposed to buff the non-mainstream build of classes and thus encouraging the players to go level with the said builds and it's all about leveling.

If you want to cry about your bitter experience because of your shabby performance in WoE.

WoE/Ranger/Ragnarok Online is clearly not for you.

edit:added a bit of few things.

Edited by Hikusaak, 05 July 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#141 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:38 PM

Headgears Unchanged
These Headgears retained the original effects suggested by Inubashiri
Magician Night Cap [1]
Ordinary Black Magician Hat [1]

Night Sparrow Hat [1]
Shrine Maiden Hat [1]
Sea Captain Hat [1]

Headgears Changed
These Headgears did not retain the original effects suggested by Inubashiri
Autumn Headband [1]
Very Normal Hat [1]
Harvester Hat [1]
Ascendant Crown [1]
Dead Man Bandana [1]
Lyrica Hat [1]
Divine Guard Hat [1]
'Focus Beret [1]
Black Ribbon [1]
Oni Horns [1]

I would say the best thing to do is revert these hats to the original concept effects that Inubashiri had proposed and adjust them accordingly from test carried out after the revision.

My thoughts:
Tomato
Inubashiri
Spoiler

Edited by Riakuta, 06 July 2014 - 06:47 AM.

#142 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

Headgears Unchanged

Magician Night Cap [1]

Night Sparrow Hat [1]

Shrine Maiden Hat [1]

Sea Captain Hat [1]

Headgears Changed

Autumn Headband [1]

Very Normal Hat [1]

Harvester Hat [1]

Ascendant Crown [1]

Dead Man Bandana [1]

Lyrica Hat [1]

Divine Guard Hat [1]

'Focus Beret [1]

Black Ribbon [1]

Oni Horns [1]

I would say the best thing to do is revert these hats to the original concept effects that Inubashiri had proposed and adjust them accordingly from test carried out after the revision.

+1

Plus many hats don't work the way they intend to. I sent in tickets about sorc and wanderer's hat doesn't add spell fist and severe rainstorm damage. Maestro and linker can't equip the hats. I believe there are other reports that some hat doesn't work. Very bad execution. I hope they will fix them all.

Edited by GreenIvy, 05 July 2014 - 08:42 PM.

#143 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

just ignore Pocky already. it was him/her who misses the point since the discussion start. and he/she starts to bring more and more nonsense to prove that his/her argument 'right'. honestly, the more you elaborate, the more weaker your arguments are. i grow tired of you. my patience level is already in peak and sorry if i cant be nice to you again, Pocky.

#144 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:18 PM

just ignore Pocky already. it was him/her who misses the point since the discussion start. and he/she starts to bring more and more nonsense to prove that his/her argument 'right'. honestly, the more you elaborate, the more weaker your arguments are. i grow tired of you. my patience level is already in peak and sorry if i cant be nice to you again, Pocky.

He's an easy target.

First rule of foruming: If you show weakness, you will be kerb'd.

#145 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

Guys you are forgetting one basic thing. Kro treat's its franchises like Fred DeLuca treats subway  franchise owners ... i .e like unwanted step kids who they can ignore.. They just provided the hats which are watered down versions of the 3rd class 170/60 update hats ....

It is also part of the operating policy iRO remember the ride word hats? the new gh hat is supposed to be an ingame version of the hat. we are just getting watered down versions of future  in game hats because they dev's at kro  do not care  to provide us with  exclusive iro /original community requested hats... because  that would be just wrong.

#146 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

Headgears Unchanged

Magician Night Cap [1]

Night Sparrow Hat [1]

Shrine Maiden Hat [1]

Sea Captain Hat [1]

Headgears Changed

Autumn Headband [1]

Very Normal Hat [1]

Harvester Hat [1]

Ascendant Crown [1]

Dead Man Bandana [1]

Lyrica Hat [1]

Divine Guard Hat [1]

'Focus Beret [1]

Black Ribbon [1]

Oni Horns [1]

My thoughts:

Tomato

Inubashiri

Spoiler

Finally on point of this topic.

+1:  I agree with everything listed in this.

#147 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

Guys you are forgetting one basic thing. Kro treat's its franchises like Fred DeLuca treats subway franchise owners ... i .e like unwanted step kids who they can ignore.. They just provided the hats which are watered down versions of the 3rd class 170/60 update hats ....

It is also part of the operating policy iRO remember the ride word hats? the new gh hat is supposed to be an ingame version of the hat. we are just getting watered down versions of future in game hats because they dev's at kro do not care to provide us with exclusive iro /original community requested hats... because that would be just wrong.

remember those bio 5 hat u refer only can be worn by level 170 (or 175, forgot) chars. we want practical hats that can be used directly when we reach 3rd class since it is for leveling purpose.

#148 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Guys you are forgetting one basic thing. Kro treat's its franchises like Fred DeLuca treats subway franchise owners ... i .e like unwanted step kids who they can ignore.. They just provided the hats which are watered down versions of the 3rd class 170/60 update hats ....

It is also part of the operating policy iRO remember the ride word hats? the new gh hat is supposed to be an ingame version of the hat. we are just getting watered down versions of future in game hats because they dev's at kro do not care to provide us with exclusive iro /original community requested hats... because that would be just wrong.

#149 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

The only reason rangers are able to be on par with other characters is because of white wing set, and even then new players find it super difficult to obtain white wing sets, farming Mora Coins is not very noob friendly too. New rangers struggle in the early stage and are difficult to level, dont believe me, try it, go level a ranger from level 0 without any item help from your main. This hat will be able to help them through the early stages of leveling and farming. Plus, the only reason people are qqing about ranger damage is because they have spent billions of zeny they spent into enchanting their white wing sets and  MVP cards, and why shouldn't a character with an MVP card be strong? What about rangers without the MVP cards?

That "trapper pro" guy can solo monsters, dungeons, TIs, MVPS.. WITH ALMOST NO POTIONS, AND HE IS NOT EVEN LEVEL 150 YET, I wonder how many regular AS rangers are actually able to do that - and one of the main reason traps are even viable now is because of rideword hat, which is also repeatedly mentioned by the "trapper pro" guy.  If this hat were to change to the proposed trap version as you guys want it so much it will only rot in storage, PERIOD.

"Trapper Pro guy" can say what he wants. I'm not disputing with you on what he said. Let me ask you a question: In MY previous post, the one you quoted, did I ever mention traps, trapping, or trappers? Yeah, I suggested that traps get the buffs, but honestly, do you think trappers and AS rangers are the only builds? I have two builds in my head besides those two. Warg strike rangers are the first. The second build I have in mind is probably the most difficult to learn, gear for, and use. It'd take SOOOOO much skill to learn and play, that almost no one plays it. Know what it is? Hybrid. *gasp* "omg! make my own build?! how? I can't do that"

It's NOT hard to gear any character. And irowiki tells you how. They give advice on anything from making money to the popular gears and which price tier you'll usually find them. Some of the info maybe outdated, but it still generally points you in the right direction for all four of those builds, but *not* hybrids. So a newbie needs to read up on everything and decide what build he wants, and then plan on how to make the money to gear that build *when* they are making the change to archer. Otherwise, your going to see a crappy ranger in TI still using Eden gear, trying to spam AS which does almost no damage, and dying when (s)he gets hit once or twice. What's the hat going to do for that person? He can't even afford the upgrades to get the buff to AS or to traps or any other skills, if it's changed. So what's the point in talking about newbies?

It's so ridiculously easy to buy any kind of gear (except maybe cards, especially MVPs) as it is. My wife has spent hundreds of millions over the year on "cute" headgear. Now she's getting serious about proper gear. After spending almost, if not, 1 bil on cute stuff, she's got about 100mil to play with. And every day, she's got her alt merchant flipping strawberries and selling random drops. When we renew our VIP, she gets 1500kp to play with. She usually spends it on more cute stuff. But she also looks for random things to sell. I wouldn't doubt that I'll come home from work tomorrow to learn she's already doubled her money. And this, from someone (no offense to her) who can't fully understand the way stats and elements work.

As for the "don't believe me, try it" comment, I have, and am. You see, I have three main characters. A paladin, a high priest, and a sniper. All three are *not* second trans classes because of the jump event. I did that event for several of my alts, but none of my mains. My paladin is level 95. High priest is 82 I believe, and my sniper is 86. My sniper uses the Morrigane's helm, binoculars, two bow thimbles, and a burning bow (Eden bow 2 when hunting fire elements). But without doing TI, without doing the jump event, and without any BMs except the novice ones (MAYBE two BMx3s. Can't remember if I used them on my hunter or my priest to be able to rebirth) I reached level 86 on my own. I may have been in two parties besides with my wife. And so far, with that gear I could use on him when he was a hunter, I'm *still* leveling just fine.

You want to talk about tough? Try this: Make a new character. Level it to 100 as a FS AB. Then tell me what's hard and not. No cheating, either. Do it solo, with no stat resets. Rangers? Hard? Seriously?

Edited by belld1711, 06 July 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#150 WonderTonic

WonderTonic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:29 AM

Increases Crimson Rock, Jack Frost, Earth Strain, and Chain Lightning damage by 5%

Magical attacks bypass the defense of normal monsters by 10%

Each upgrade increases magic defense bypass by an additional 2%

Reduces fixed casting time of all skills by 5% for every refine on the headgear, til an upgrade of +10.

If upgraded to +7 or higher, increases Crimson Rock, Jack Frost, Earth Strain, and Chain Lightning damage by an additional 5%

If upgraded to +9 or higher, increases MATK by 5%

Defense: 25

Required Level: 100

Job: Warlock

Autumn Headband [1]

Increases Fire Trap and Ice Trap damage by 50%.

Increases the damage of Bomb Cluster by 5% for every refine on the headgear, til an upgrade of +10.

If upgraded to +7 or higher, increases ATK by 5 for every 5 base INT.

If upgraded to +9 or higher, increases Fire Trap, Ice Trap, & Bomb Cluster damage by an additional 25%.

Defense: 10

Job: Ranger

Harvester Hat [1]

Adds a chance to drop Blood Sucker Seed and Explosive Mushroom Spore when killing monsters (1%)

If upgraded to +7 or higher, adds a small chance to drop Thorn Seed when killing monsters (0.5%)

If upgraded to +9 or higher, increases the damage done by Cart Cannon skill by 25%.

Defense: 10

Job: Geneticist

I can't agree on giving WL a buff that is equivalent to an MVP card designed specifically for them (Nidd Shadow)

I still dont get why people bash Arrow Storm and treat Cart Cannon as if it is some gimped ability.  It is one of the best PvM and MvP skills in the game.  Not to mention that ASPD and Delay Reduction (magic strings) allow it to soundly beat Arrow Storm in dps, and this can be achieved without mvp/gods.  Not to mention this skill never misses.  I think the Gen headgear could add some love to other skills, to keep this from being simply EMH 2.0

While I think the sorc hat is pretty cool as is, I do like the touch you added to it.  It's a low yet fairly rewarding proc that lowers the downtime problems that spellfisters have

Edited by WonderTonic, 06 July 2014 - 05:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users