Changes you would like to see on the new Class Hats - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 8 votes

Changes you would like to see on the new Class Hats

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
251 replies to this topic

#76 moimoi213

moimoi213

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

i dont want to discuss to people who cant comprehend my reading by knowing what words in a bracket means, and understand sarcastics. while u mostly agree about what's OP and what's not, why dont u agree that traps should be buffed?

no discussion needed, everyone should just say yes/agree and we are done here  :heh:

#77 SSkeith

SSkeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Server

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

I'm still insist they should change the Divine Guard Hat effect to something better, RGs been nerfed a lots compare to pre-renewal (matyr,reflect damage) which killed out some of the popular build in the past, so please give it something better  :p_cry:

#78 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

But that's what everybody is doing right? They are all saying arrow storm is super OP and shouldn't be buffed at all.

What? How do you think we even managed to make the monsters die in one click while using the same gear over and over again in the first place? - obviously by careful planning and theory crafting, or "developing strategy by analyzing enemy behaviour and your char's own strengths and weaknesses" according to you.

and how on earth do you think I got my ranger to 150? I was using traps long before you ever did, everyone did.

I don't see how much planning is required to shoot 1 skill to kill large waves of mobs. Comparing AS to traps isn't really fair, with fire trap only doing 1/20 the damage of a well boosted arrow storm.

Consider that AS, or bow rangers in general will be further buffed in the future as well, looking at some of the kRO updates.

Also, trap builds soloing hazy among other things is normal. This is because trappers can use shields for reductions and whatnot, as well as spend more points on vit(agi is not as important) and int for trap damage and sp.

AS has a huge 11x11 AoE, while ranger traps only have 5x5. Furthermore only a tiny portion of the trap damage is boosted by cards, with damage being almost entirely stat based.

Since you said you played traps way before we did, I suppose that might have been 3 or 4 years back, when ranger trap builds were more viable before the balance patch than they are now? Because the damage sure is underwhelming right now.

The hat should do what its original intended purpose was as stated in the document: increase the strength of ranger traps. It isn't only about fun, it expands the range of builds a ranger can go for. 99% of rangers nowadays go for arrow storm or aspd bow autowarg. It's about time trap rangers receive the buff they deserve. A hat would not make trap builds become THE ranger build, but it sure is a huge step forward for trap rangers.

Hey, if the original plan was to increase skill A's damage but instead skill B was buffed, obviously people who use skill A get unhappy no?

Edited by ShinKokuryuu, 03 July 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#79 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:42 PM

Spent 5k wpe upgrading some of these hats, if some get changed later to some of these suggestions I will be sending in a ticket for a wpe refund. Quite happy with half of them. The other half are generally wtf?

If anything buff the crap ones, but leave the good effects on the good ones. Or just add in different effects so it can do both.

#80 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:24 AM

Spent 5k wpe upgrading some of these hats, if some get changed later to some of these suggestions I will be sending in a ticket for a wpe refund. Quite happy with half of them. The other half are generally wtf?

If anything buff the crap ones, but leave the good effects on the good ones. Or just add in different effects so it can do both.

The only good effect that should be removed is the Arrow Storm bonus. Arrow Storm already has enough bonuses going for it.

#81 Gabohollow

Gabohollow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:58 AM

even this autumn headband really benefits me, i thing it should be changed back to the original desired effect, becuase traps really need a buff.

In the other hand, we (rangers) actually have a lot of posibilitys so i thing you should try to focus on give a buff to less played jobs :/ i mean encourage Kro to listen us XD

#82 5416131108035252313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:07 AM

Everything is being one shotted/ soloed..maybe we need a nerf

#83 Kyonyan

Kyonyan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:59 AM

Jelly much of the rangers?

#84 moneylover17

moneylover17

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:18 AM

Everything is being one shotted/ soloed..maybe we need a nerf

Switch to the superior classic server where ultra-casual 90s-in-four-different-stats isn't possible.

lel Renewal is 4casual

#85 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

Genetic hat should give sling item +200% damage or something, so people will have a reason to throw apple bombs :P

#86 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

That maestro hat right now looks like what the wanderers should have.

#87 WonderTonic

WonderTonic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

I really think buffs should be added to some of the hats, but buff removals would not be fair considering the money people have already spent on the headgears that pretty much REQUIRES KP to get their full effects.  Nothing about any of these hats are really game breaking. 

Please leave Shrine Maiden Hat as is or add something for battlers perhaps.  Removing the ME buff would be pretty pointless.  The hat successfully made a rarely used skill very refreshing.

Ranger Crap:

While Arrow Storm is already a powerful ability this damage boost changes very little about their standing in PvM, WoE, PvP, or MvPing (Unlike the WWSet).

The only trap that really should be buffed is Cluster Bomb and maybe Ice Trap.  As mentioned (and shown) many times in this thread, fire trap is still pretty viable. 

Cluster Bomb was to be a premiere trap ability and the damage does not reflect its setup requirements and activation range (1x1). 

Aimed Bolt is a single target ability that will only equal Arrow Storm in damage when a SINGLE enemy is immobilized.  It is not spammable and has a built in fixed cast. it should definitely be considered if additions will be made, if only for the setup required.

#88 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

I really think buffs should be added to some of the hats, but buff removals would not be fair considering the money people have already spent on the headgears that pretty much REQUIRES KP to get their full effects.  Nothing about any of these hats are really game breaking. 

Please leave Shrine Maiden Hat as is or add something for battlers perhaps.  Removing the ME buff would be pretty pointless.  The hat successfully made a rarely used skill very refreshing.

Ranger Crap:

While Arrow Storm is already a powerful ability this damage boost changes very little about their standing in PvM, WoE, PvP, or MvPing (Unlike the WWSet).

The only trap that really should be buffed is Cluster Bomb and maybe Ice Trap.  As mentioned (and shown) many times in this thread, fire trap is still pretty viable. 

Cluster Bomb was to be a premiere trap ability and the damage does not reflect its setup requirements and activation range (1x1). 

Aimed Bolt is a single target ability that will only equal Arrow Storm in damage when a SINGLE enemy is immobilized.  It is not spammable and has a built in fixed cast. it should definitely be considered if additions will be made, if only for the setup required.

I remember players using Cluster Bomb to camp Amon Ra since they knew where he would spawn and Cluster Bomb would one shot him every time he spawned.

Edit: Sorry, I got confused that was Claymore Trap, and after looking at Cluster Bomb the damage does not seem anywhere near worth the trouble required to set it up. A 50% boost the Cluster Bomb damage would be highly acceptable.

Edited by Riakuta, 04 July 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#89 Thallein

Thallein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

Harvester Hat; How does it work? I just made it +9 and I tested it between a +9 Evil Marching hat, and some rinky dink hat that doesnt do anything to mimic damage without any headgear. So far, the Harvester Hat did NOT increase CC by any amount whatsoever. So maybe I don't know what the formula for it is, maybe it doesn't work right and it's bugged atm, or maybe the increase is so minute that I can't even tell?

I tested it on Dark priests with Pyroclastic and +12 Erde EA 6/6. +9 EMH gets close to 70k on Dark priest, +9 Harvester did not increase in the slightest and damage was steady around 62k.

#90 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

it could be bugged cuz i tested a +9 autumn headband on my ranger and it doesnt seem like a 30% increase at lvl 150.

#91 Aedis

Aedis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

PLS MAKE COSTUME VERSIONS OF ALL THESE NEW HATS LIKE THE OLD ONES EX: NIGHT SPARROW COSTUME, DYING TO SEE ONI HORN COSTUME, ALSO HEAVENLY DARK FLAME COSTUME PLSSSSS!!

#92 reypirata

reypirata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

Can Spore Explosion get buffed lol change the +7 effect for..... increase 30% Spore Explosion/Item Sling Damage so we can actually use those skill. The Drop Rate is cool and yes 15% increase on CC not working.

Edited by reypirata, 04 July 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#93 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

Please make all the people begging for costumes all the time into costumes themselves, so they finally shut up :D

#94 natsume1990

natsume1990

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationGeffen

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

Ranger Crap:

Shrine Maiden hat- I agree. ME buff should be left in the hat please, at least we can finally just deal some decent damage after ME was nerfed post-renewal. (Don't let me even get started on Adoramus..yeah powerful skill but the cost at which I get that skill, gear wise, and defense wise!!). 

#95 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

Changes I would like to see on the new ass hats?... Let's see...

I don't know, what does the rest of the community think about this?

#96 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:39 PM

If the effect do change. Lot of us are gonna be disappointed for various reasons. One thing you could do is, reset the quest server. So everyone gets a shot at it again. Without taking away the headgears given out. 

#97 kevru

kevru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 962 posts
  • Server:retired

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

Harvester Hat; How does it work? I just made it +9 and I tested it between a +9 Evil Marching hat, and some rinky dink hat that doesnt do anything to mimic damage without any headgear. So far, the Harvester Hat did NOT increase CC by any amount whatsoever. So maybe I don't know what the formula for it is, maybe it doesn't work right and it's bugged atm, or maybe the increase is so minute that I can't even tell?

I tested it on Dark priests with Pyroclastic and +12 Erde EA 6/6. +9 EMH gets close to 70k on Dark priest, +9 Harvester did not increase in the slightest and damage was steady around 62k.

I can confirm it doesnt work.

#98 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:02 PM

If the effect do change. Lot of us are gonna be disappointed for various reasons. One thing you could do is, reset the quest server. So everyone gets a shot at it again. Without taking away the headgears given out. 

...no. Giving out more head gears just because they (could potentially) change something isn't going to solve anything. You'd just have two hats that does the same thing.

If your talking about keeping the stats of the existing hats, and changing the hats that are given out after their changed, again, no. That would require creating a whole new item for each class, basically. I'd rather WP continuing to do what they're doing now. They got us some updates thanks to a kRO visit. Through one of those updates, they fixed a major bug plaguing the servers for over a year (blind bug), they've alleviated the lag for people who prefer TI, I don't know about you, but I'm kind of appreciating this run. I'd like to see it continue rather than them stopping to please two people, no offense. (Sending in a ticket? Really?)

The OP was corrected to show that changes probably are coming for each hat. Over-upgrading them when your not sure of the outcome, well, that's on you guys. Don't like the hat after the change? You can always sell it. I'll buy all unwanted hats for 1mil each. :P

#99 AeroKrauger

AeroKrauger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

i really think the Autumn Headband should be buffing Firing Trap, instead of Arrow Storm. because Arrow Storm is just too mainstream and OP.

#100 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:48 AM

Make Autumn Headband reduce Arrow Storm damage if used with White Wing set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users