Class Specific Headgear Foundry - Autumn Hairband - Page 4 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Class Specific Headgear Foundry - Autumn Hairband

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
212 replies to this topic

#76 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

I don't think the lack of survivability is the reason why people don't use trap build. We already have a lot of gears that can enhance the survivability. I'd rather use a witch pumpkin hat or a rideword hat and have the freedom to make an hybrid ranger than using a hat with the exact same effects that limit me to use a specific build.

What the hat really need is to enhance the power of traps.

Wasn't there only 1 initial change to Traps when it was the most popular leveling skill?

The change from Neutral to Fire Property.

#77 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

The formula was also changed to make ranger traps receive a penalty if you don't max trap research as well I believe.

#78 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

The formula was also changed to make ranger traps receive a penalty if you don't max trap research as well I believe.

Yes.  That was to prevent Shadow Chasers from being able to level with traps better than Rangers could.

#79 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

The comment by the devs is that it would not be possible to have a equip modify the sp consumption of individual skills by a percentarge

It might have already been mentioned, but they could make a passive skill that has this effect, and have the hat grant that passive skill instead (like chicken hat).

*edit*

I would also love to see the requirements dropped to base 99 and their respective class so that you could start playing with them at 99/67 for the last couple levels, as well as letting the 99 super novices + soul linkers use them (does TKM share a hat like SL does? maybe he can get added to an appropriate one).

Edited by Hrothmund, 13 July 2014 - 07:37 PM.

#80 zefram

zefram

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1262 posts
  • Server:valkyre

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

I need to reiterate, warg does not need buffs. Whatsoever. It may even need a nerf, but that's not the topic here. If you're interested in how to break the game with a warg, look into Temporal Boots with the "lucky Day" enchant. The warg will come out every attack.

Attack does add very little to the ranger traps (in fact its almost additive, like +300 attack from gear would add maybe 300~500 damage to the trap explosion, depending on cards used). Actually, that's not that bad. Triggering 300 attack for a few seconds while tanking a mob, added with a dagger with +96% card mods and an endow/converter would be 1000~1150 damage added to the trap from its original ~4000, which would be a 25% increase in damage. That's not bad considering we want to move more toward survivability than damage increase.

More surviveability...By replacing the malicious daggers with racial/size daggers? Something wrong here.

Also,that calculations are for monsters that take %200 damage from certain elements.Giving trappers a %25 bonus damage for a few seconds on those rare monsters is definitely not enough of a change for trappers to shine again, let me tell ya.

Honestly, atk bonus is not the right way to help trapper build to be more efficient.

#81 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

I forgot about that hehe.

Autumn Hairband [1]

Reduces Arrow Storm Damage by 5% per upgrade
     Reduces damage from all monsters except Boss by 5%
     Adds a 2% chance to drop Red Prickly Fruit when killing monsters

if refined to +7

Reduces damage from all monsters except Boss by additional 10%

if refined to +9

Increases Bomb Cluster damage by 50%

Not too powerful, but not too weak either right?

I like this as is and do not think it to be extremely overpowered or under.

Anyone disagree?

#82 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:49 PM

More surviveability...By replacing the malicious daggers with racial/size daggers? Something wrong here.

Also,that calculations are for monsters that take %200 damage from certain elements.Giving trappers a %25 bonus damage for a few seconds on those rare monsters is definitely not enough of a change for trappers to shine again, let me tell ya.

Honestly, atk bonus is not the right way to help trapper build to be more efficient.

I like this as is and do not think it to be extremely overpowered or under.

Anyone disagree?

no sign of fire/ice trap damage increase. also why prickly fruit drop???????? if we are talking item drops i guess it is better for aloe or hinalle leaflet drop since the hat resembles a leaf.

i still stand firm to my proposal to reduce aftercast delay of Maze Trap, Magenta Trap, Verdure Trap, Cobalt Trap and Keen Nose by 1 second. You all never play trap without utilizing those element changer traps and keen nose to remove your misplaced trap, do you? Coz my proposal about reducing the delay of those respective traps never replied.

Edited by fuyukikun, 13 July 2014 - 10:50 PM.

#83 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

no sign of fire/ice trap damage increase. also why prickly fruit drop????????

i still stand firm to my proposal to reduce aftercast delay of Maze Trap, Magenta Trap, Verdure Trap, Cobalt Trap and Keen Nose by 1 second. You all never play trap without utilizing those element changer traps and keen nose to remove your misplaced trap, do you? Coz my proposal about reducing the delay of those respective traps never replied.

"The development team has told us that it was not possible to modify the damage for the fire and ice traps, so we are looking for other ways to make that work or to seek alternative effects that would still help trap rangers."

Also, do we have any way of knowing if your proposal of reducing aftercast delay on those skills is even possible, like the damage increase for the fire and ice traps. Perhaps a GM could bring this to light?

edit:
Missed the first sentence of your post.

The reason why the prickly fruit drop came as an idea was because a lot of the ideas for the hat are pushing it to be more geared to survival. Two of the wanted effects were healing increase and SP drain. Both are covered by other hats and items, so adding major effects that add SP drain and HP restoration increase from items would make this hat fairly over powered. So allowing the drop of a fairly good item that restores both SP and HP should be a good middle ground.

Edited by st4rw4k3r, 13 July 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#84 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:06 PM

"The development team has told us that it was not possible to modify the damage for the fire and ice traps, so we are looking for other ways to make that work or to seek alternative effects that would still help trap rangers."

Also, do we have any way of knowing if your proposal of reducing aftercast delay on those skills is even possible, like the damage increase for the fire and ice traps. Perhaps a GM could bring this to light?

edit:
Missed the first sentence of your post.

The reason why the prickly fruit drop came as an idea was because a lot of the ideas for the hat are pushing it to be more geared to survival. Two of the wanted effects were healing increase and SP drain. Both are covered by other hats and items, so adding major effects that add SP drain and HP restoration increase from items would make this hat fairly over powered. So allowing the drop of a fairly good item that restores both SP and HP should be a good middle ground.

in terms of raising fire/ice trap damage, i like the idea of manipulating stats since ODA said KRO cant code direct modification of fire/ice trap, this stat manipulation already proposed by previous poster such as michaeleeli, shinkokryuu and me like giving some int according to base str, etc..

i wonder why aftercast delay of those skills cant be reduced since shrine maiden hat at +9 able to reduce ME fixed cast time, also AB mora ring enchant that reduce high heal cooldown by 2 seconds, means something can be done also to modify the aftercast delay of those skills. Oda hasnt said we cant, has he? because we need maze trap to do effective damage using fire traps since it converts monsters element to earth, but there is a 2 sec delay after we place maze trap so we cant cast other skills while we being mobbed for that 2 sec. 2 sec means life and death especially if the ranger is not too tanky or using bow.

Edited by fuyukikun, 13 July 2014 - 11:08 PM.

#85 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

hehe, please let me borrow if anyone has temporal boots (anything) that has bear power enchant in it. i want to test whether it is effective or not if atk power increased, coz from lucky day enchant, i did 200 more trap damage to scarabas per lucky day proc. So i think raising attack power could be a good idea but the amount should be big like 500 or 1000 since i dont want to replace my quad mali main gauche for little power but trading my own survivability.

#86 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

also AB mora ring enchant that reduce high heal cooldown by 2 seconds, means something can be done also to modify the aftercast delay of those skills.

Cooldown and after cast delay are different things. There are no gears that reduce the after cast delay of a specific skill, so I doubt it's possible.

#87 zSyLar

zSyLar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:32 AM

Is this changes gona take place in the up coming maintenance? Or It still needed time to discuss more..

#88 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Cooldown and after cast delay are different things. There are no gears that reduce the after cast delay of a specific skill, so I doubt it's possible.

It's been done... or will be done. I am not sure but I think an existing item may reduce a cooldown. I know an upcoming item does. But that may be something that has to be coded specific to each skill rather than a drag and drop scriptlet/function like the stuff kRO wants to use for the proposed headgears.

#89 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:58 PM

I think we should avoid iffy areas like the cooldown reduction and stick to the tanky idea for the hat.

#90 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

I feel the hat doesn't have enough to it so here is a revision

Autumn Hairband [1]

if refined to +7

Increases Healing Effectiveness of Red Prickly Fruit by 50%

if refined to +9

Increases Healing Effectiveness of Red Prickly Fruit by an additional 50%

I felt that there would be no reason to +9 it unless you were a Bomb Cluster Ranger.

Edited by Riakuta, 14 July 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#91 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

Pricky fruit can probably be +50% at both tiers

#92 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

I feel the hat doesn't have enough to it so here is a revision

Autumn Hairband [1]

if refined to +7

Increases Healing Effectiveness of Red Prickly Fruit by 50%

if refined to +9

Increases Healing Effectiveness of Red Prickly Fruit by an additional 50%

I felt that there would be no reason to +9 it unless you were a Bomb Cluster Ranger.

please add rideword hat effect, at +7 for HP and +9 for SP, HP SP leech is more handy than using consumables. then how about additional reduction of 10% parted into 5% at +7 and 5% more at +9?

Edited by fuyukikun, 14 July 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#93 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

Since the Focus Beret got added in to Round 1, I would like to make some suggestions for it.

For some reason the hat is really REALLY focused on buffing Fallen Empire and only Fallen Empire.  I would like to see it actually have more of a benefit to combo builds in general.  Also, it's really not that difficult to get the timing for Fallen Empire after Dragon Combo, so I'm not sure why it was picked as an auto-cast.

So, on to the ideas...

Increase damage with Dragon Combo, Fallen Empire, and Sky Blow by X% (I don't know what's a good percent, so I'll leave that to the people who know)

Every X points in AGI increases ATK by X

If Dragon Combo is mastered, increase ASPD by X or X%

If Dragon Combo is mastered, increase damage of Sky Blow and Fallen Empire when used after Dragon Combo by X%

If base AGI is 100 or higher, increase damage of Raging Trifecta, Quad, Thrust, Dragon Combo, Fallen Empire, and Sky Blow by X%

If base AGI is 120 and headgear is +9 or higher, adds an X% chance to gain X% of damage dealt as SP (Combos are extremely SP intensive, and combo build can't afford to invest a lot in INT).

If base AGI is 120 and headgear is +9 or higher, reduce SP consumption by X%

If equipped with a Knuckle type weapon, increase ATK by X% and ASPD by X or X% (Not sure if this is possible, but it's worth looking at)

Increases damage of Crescent Elbow by X% (Have to have Sky Blow to unlock it, so it's technically part of the Combo tree)

I'm not suggesting all of these get put on the hat.  They're just ideas that were running through my head that I think could be good options.  I'd really appreciate your thoughts and opinions, since no one has really talked about the Focus Beret.

#94 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

So yeah, I haven't been on the forums this weekend, and I see the Autumn Headband and Lyrica hat are still being discussed here. So if someone could point to the threads where the other hats are being discussed, it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

#95 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:00 AM

So yeah, I haven't been on the forums this weekend, and I see the Autumn Headband and Lyrica hat are still being discussed here. So if someone could point to the threads where the other hats are being discussed, it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

youre looking at it

#96 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

these hats will be changed when the community speak up about it. if you are upset about your class hat, then speak up!!! :heh:

Oda will try to revise based on our feedback, if no feedback from other hats then it means those hats have no problem.

#97 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:24 AM

I'm pretty sure he's going to be getting to the other hats, but for the sake of focus, he's only taking suggestions for a few hats a time.  It also helps to prevent a cluttered thread that's 15 pages long or more.

#98 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

youre looking at it

So...We're going to be discussing two hats per week? I mean, I understand that the hats need to be discussed, but a week on just two hats? Either two hats per week are going to be fixed, which means everyone without a ranger as their main is going to have to wait, or we're going to be waiting well over a month for all hats to be fixed. Everything seems to be a waiting game any more.

EDIT-fuyukikun, this is "round 1" (Oda's words.) If he was wanting to discuss the other hats at the same time, he would have listed those hats, their current descriptions, along with the original proposals in the OP, or would have made more threads for the other hats.

Edited by belld1711, 15 July 2014 - 12:29 AM.

#99 VidarWolf

VidarWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

i like combo monks, i want combo sura to be a thing :3

Focus Beret[1]

1st option

Upon casting Raging Trifecta Blow, Increase Dragon Combo damage by 100% for 5 seconds

Upon casting Dragon Combo increase Fallen Empire, Sky Blow Damage by 75% for 5 seconds

(Are this effects even posible actually?)

2nd option

Upon casting dragon combo increase Atk by 20 for 6 seconds

increase Fallen Empire, Sky Blow damage by 30%

3rd Option

If Fist/Claw type weapon is equiped, auto cast lvl 5 Weapon perfection with 2%

Increase ATK by 5 and ASPD by 2% for every each Refine level of this hat

+7 Upon Casting Fallen Empire Increase ATK by 30 for 4 seconds, Ranged Damage - 30%

and 1 of these options

Increase aspd by 2~5

or

For every 5 points in AGI increase ATK by 1

+9 Tiger Cannon damage increased by 25%

i have so many ideas that i think are just plain stupid or borderline overpowered lol

#100 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

So...We're going to be discussing two hats per week? I mean, I understand that the hats need to be discussed, but a week on just two hats? Either two hats per week are going to be fixed, which means everyone without a ranger as their main is going to have to wait, or we're going to be waiting well over a month for all hats to be fixed. Everything seems to be a waiting game any more.

EDIT-fuyukikun, this is "round 1" (Oda's words.) If he was wanting to discuss the other hats at the same time, he would have listed those hats, their current descriptions, along with the original proposals in the OP, or would have made more threads for the other hats.

they should make the hats account bound while they work all this out... to keep people from feeling scammed by buying something that will be changed in the future...  but it does seem as if they are going to discuss a few hats at a time and fix all of them at once... trying to discuss every hat at one time would lead to one jumbled mess that they would need to sort through and would end up taking even more time (and probably need to be fixed a second time) for now the 3 hats with the most glaring issues are being discussed.. i imagine the other hats will be balanced to fall in line with the results of these hats final effects...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users