Patch Notes v518(519) - Page 4 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v518(519)

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#76 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Something being announced doesnt mean it must be applied, people still DO tests on many sets, I jsut did tests on some chars with few sets and still needed to do it with more... now i can't, if you think on adding something to the game, for god sake let it stay for all the time like that! not just BOOM change after people made their ways to play.

lol i got banned on my other forums account for expressing myself, post and and signature, thank you for that!

If you have a certain set of armor on a character that it doesn't belong too, I believe our support team can help move it.

We released an announcement on our of our social medial venues regarding about the trade restrictions back in July.

Also, players do not get banned on the forums for just speaking their mind. Players who insult the development team, other players, or threaten usually get banned. Feel free to submit a ticket and send the ticket # over to me so we could get that account released.

#77 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

While I went ahead and bought sets even for characters I don't use anymore just in case i decide to start using them again, I feel the frustration for everyone. I still also believe they should be locked on equip. I also have had a few friends just stop playing because they couldn't deal with this extreme update. Personally I am not bothered, if anything is bothering me is that a few of my close friends stopped playing. But I hope in the future the game will be much more populated. Either way, this game is still very fun and I love playing it.

#78 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

While I went ahead and bought sets even for characters I don't use anymore just in case i decide to start using them again, I feel the frustration for everyone. I still also believe they should be locked on equip. I also have had a few friends just stop playing because they couldn't deal with this extreme update. Personally I am not bothered, if anything is bothering me is that a few of my close friends stopped playing. But I hope in the future the game will be much more populated. Either way, this game is still very fun and I love playing it.

can maybe the dev team or the personnels out there make these restriction har bound on equip perhaps, maybe the CD and the DG ill brought back to life, coz as i notice everyday from the time the patch went on, it gets more boring on the game, from more people i see running, now just quiet a few, CD has no more clerics as well as DG, and if there is cleric outside dungeon or CD they are just there sitting down watching and listening all the things happening in junon...

an the dev team of the GM's check that out what is happening, coz its not just listening and reading on forum will matter but the reality inside the game, are really the game still stable on population or its constantly wasting everything and loosing the community counting, coz if i were to say instead of adding more players and new chars running around, it seems its lesser and lesser each day...

i know the reality sucks but guys these is may bot be too late to decide on the right track.

speaking what we had in mine maybe sound ridiculous but it may somehow a basis to make the game go further

ponder everything guys perhaps you may see a floss on the things that just been into the game....

#79 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

If you have a certain set of armor on a character that it doesn't belong too, I believe our support team can help move it.

We released an announcement on our of our social medial venues regarding about the trade restrictions back in July.

Also, players do not get banned on the forums for just speaking their mind. Players who insult the development team, other players, or threaten usually get banned. Feel free to submit a ticket and send the ticket # over to me so we could get that account released.

this one you are wrong shaz,, I sent a ticket to the support team. the answer " we have noticed the players weeks before implemented . sorry for the inconvenience " that's the answer . so basically it is a no tolerance or what so ever ..

#80 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:17 AM

I believe I understand the reasons behind the binding update, but it does not mean that most of us like it.  Many will adapt to it but many will not.  The changes will make trying different builds ridiculous now, so when there are more class changes people will not be able to make their characters different or able to adapt to the changes.  Over the last year I have tried every honor set (glorious, precious, etc.) on my cleric as well as reinforced, endowed, etc.  And a combination of the different ones.  All with gems and all refined.  Each change to the cleric made me have to do adjustments to my gear and jewelry.  I worked my ass off to get all the different gear, spent a lot of zulie to do it and IM.  I have a set that I play with now for wars and it seems to be working, more or less, but knowing Rose there will be another change to the cleric class sometime in the next few months and I will be stuck with what I have chosen.  To me that takes away from the fun of the game and the versatility.  In addition, I have 2 mages on my main account that had to try all of the gear each time the mage was changed, but luckily I had the different sets so I could let them try them until I found a good set.  Now they will be stuck with whatever the have on as well.  But I am sure that over the next months the mage will be changed as well.  If the gear could at least be account bound instead of character bound it would help make the changes more palatable to the community.  The items would not be able to be sold, etc.  But to stay account bound they will still be out of the system as desired, players will still have to get new gear as needed and players would be able to still try out different sets when there are changes.

As to the upcoming IM update I still feel very strongly about the IM costumes being bound.  The devs finally figured out how we could wear costumes, which we all love.  After years of being stuck in a freakin pink dimple set, then the next sets, it was so much fun to have costumes.  But now the fun is being taken away.  We will not be able to wear the gear as costumes since most of that will be account or char bound, but we should at least be able to wear IM costumes that we spend real money on.  The costumes from Lucky Spin that have leveling stats could easily be account bound until the higher stats are done, then the costumes could be open for trade or vending.  Many people can't afford IM or have no way to buy it.  If the costumes are account or character bound those people will never be able to get them.  If they are only bound once equipped then people will be able to still vend them, which is good.  But it will still really limit the fun of having costumes.  Our clan often decide to wear all the same costume, or wear certain costumes for clan pictures or event.  Or when making videos.  Or we lend each other costumes for events, videos, etc.  Now that will be really limited.  Even if we can use unbind coupons you will need 5 for the ninja set, etc.  That is a lot and it will really limit the fun of costumes.  

And I agree that for people that come back after being away the impact will be horrible.  This game has been so long lasting due to the fact that people, for some reason, do not give it up easily.  Recently we had 3 clannies come back after a long break (4 years for some). The class changes are one thing they have to adjust to but to find out that all of your gear is now account bound and probably on the wrong accounts and now you have to figure out what gear you now need but it is on a different character.  It is very disheartening and it is tough to convince them to come back.  

I am not sure what the answer is, and I do kind of understand the reasoning behind it, but I think there might be a better way to do all of this without such a huge impact.  Updating the game to make it more like other games is all well and good.  And there are a number of things that really needed improvement to make the game more exciting and fun for new players.  But I am really concerned that the flavor of Rose is going away and that is what kept players playing for so many years.  Finally giving us clan skills, clan houses, etc. Adding pets to the game that will help you pick up items, etc or to train would be fun.  Adjusting mobs so there are more areas to level.  Fixing up the storage system like you did.  Adding more quests to help new players.  Balancing classes more like you did.  Things like that go along way to improving the game and making it more fun for new players.  But making the old, loyal players suffer is not the way to go in my book. And making Rose like all the other games out that will not make Rose special.  Rose is/was special already.

Edited by Bendersmom, 10 August 2014 - 04:21 AM.

#81 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:30 AM

Topic has been cleaned up, since it was being derailed.
Shazam0 has already said "Feel free to submit a ticket and send the ticket # over to me so we could get that account released."

Link to Forums rules...where it is made clear, to all of us, what is and isn't tolerated here. http://forums.warppo...conduct-update/

#82 Yurekaa93

Yurekaa93

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

how i can transfer my honor aurum on my cleric ,i want trade to my champ,, i arleady collect honor with my Cleric for my Main Champion .. What Happen Locked !!!

#83 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

The last update locked the Honor and Valor equipment to the characters the equipment was on. Unfortunately there is no way to move the gear now.

#84 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:01 AM

stop insulting and complaining pls they wont change what they did cuz they have good reasons for what they did. just accept and adapt!

#85 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini
  • Server:draconis and leonis

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:28 AM

I believe I understand the reasons behind the binding update, but it does not mean that most of us like it. Many will adapt to it but many will not. The changes will make trying different builds ridiculous now, so when there are more class changes people will not be able to make their characters different or able to adapt to the changes. Over the last year I have tried every honor set (glorious, precious, etc.) on my cleric as well as reinforced, endowed, etc. And a combination of the different ones. All with gems and all refined. Each change to the cleric made me have to do adjustments to my gear and jewelry. I worked my ass off to get all the different gear, spent a lot of zulie to do it and IM. I have a set that I play with now for wars and it seems to be working, more or less, but knowing Rose there will be another change to the cleric class sometime in the next few months and I will be stuck with what I have chosen. To me that takes away from the fun of the game and the versatility. In addition, I have 2 mages on my main account that had to try all of the gear each time the mage was changed, but luckily I had the different sets so I could let them try them until I found a good set. Now they will be stuck with whatever the have on as well. But I am sure that over the next months the mage will be changed as well. If the gear could at least be account bound instead of character bound it would help make the changes more palatable to the community. The items would not be able to be sold, etc. But to stay account bound they will still be out of the system as desired, players will still have to get new gear as needed and players would be able to still try out different sets when there are changes.

As to the upcoming IM update I still feel very strongly about the IM costumes being bound. The devs finally figured out how we could wear costumes, which we all love. After years of being stuck in a freakin pink dimple set, then the next sets, it was so much fun to have costumes. But now the fun is being taken away. We will not be able to wear the gear as costumes since most of that will be account or char bound, but we should at least be able to wear IM costumes that we spend real money on. The costumes from Lucky Spin that have leveling stats could easily be account bound until the higher stats are done, then the costumes could be open for trade or vending. Many people can't afford IM or have no way to buy it. If the costumes are account or character bound those people will never be able to get them. If they are only bound once equipped then people will be able to still vend them, which is good. But it will still really limit the fun of having costumes. Our clan often decide to wear all the same costume, or wear certain costumes for clan pictures or event. Or when making videos. Or we lend each other costumes for events, videos, etc. Now that will be really limited. Even if we can use unbind coupons you will need 5 for the ninja set, etc. That is a lot and it will really limit the fun of costumes.

And I agree that for people that come back after being away the impact will be horrible. This game has been so long lasting due to the fact that people, for some reason, do not give it up easily. Recently we had 3 clannies come back after a long break (4 years for some). The class changes are one thing they have to adjust to but to find out that all of your gear is now account bound and probably on the wrong accounts and now you have to figure out what gear you now need but it is on a different character. It is very disheartening and it is tough to convince them to come back.

I am not sure what the answer is, and I do kind of understand the reasoning behind it, but I think there might be a better way to do all of this without such a huge impact. Updating the game to make it more like other games is all well and good. And there are a number of things that really needed improvement to make the game more exciting and fun for new players. But I am really concerned that the flavor of Rose is going away and that is what kept players playing for so many years. Finally giving us clan skills, clan houses, etc. Adding pets to the game that will help you pick up items, etc or to train would be fun. Adjusting mobs so there are more areas to level. Fixing up the storage system like you did. Adding more quests to help new players. Balancing classes more like you did. Things like that go along way to improving the game and making it more fun for new players. But making the old, loyal players suffer is not the way to go in my book. And making Rose like all the other games out that will not make Rose special. Rose is/was special already.

wow, you have said whay everyone thought in the game. Thank you... Im just hoping since so many people didn"t like about the character lock items, the devs will eventually listen ...

#86 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini
  • Server:draconis and leonis

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:31 AM

stop insulting and complaining pls they wont change what they did cuz they have good reasons for what they did. just accept and adapt!

. The whole idea about character locked is wrong angel, thats why people can"t accept it .. If it"s not wrong, than people would gladly accept it ...

#87 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:00 AM

. The whole idea about character locked is wrong angel, thats why people can"t accept it .. If it"s not wrong, than people would gladly accept it ...

well then you dont understand why they did do this :p_swt:

#88 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:19 AM

Can anyone please tell me what's up with ''trade'' skill?  None of my characters have been able to trade today. I even tried jump in/out of cart and re-log.  Keeps saying ''Unable to request private trade''.  And I'm only trying to trade mats.  Tried to drop a cart frame and said can't.  Won't let me drop or trade.....anything >.<   :p_sick:

#89 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

@beachbabyc:

check if you ticked "block trade request" in the options.

Edited by SlowBob, 10 August 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#90 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

Bottom right of your posts should have a 'hide' option that fades in and out.

Edited by Zurn, 10 August 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#91 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

Oh ok, Thanks SlowBob, I will look and ty sss Zurn ^^

#92 Yurekaa93

Yurekaa93

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

Block you all item and block all you players.. if you want close your game not like this!!

#93 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:52 AM

Block you all item and block all you players.. if you want close your game not like this!!

lol, that was quite hilarious.

#94 angelalyel

angelalyel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

I just want to know one thing. My Custome items will be locked in my account not even use? l m talking about IM or can l sell it?

#95 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

I just want to know one thing. My Custome items will be locked in my account not even use? l m talking about IM or can l sell it?

They are supposed to be character bound on equip. You can use Unbind coupons from Valor(100 valor/each) to unlock each piece.

Edited by Leonis:

Item Mall & Event Costumes will be Account Bound on Equip, not Character. Anything "bound" can be unbound with the coupon available from the Valor shop.

#96 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

Ok so it looks like a very detailed guide is going to be needed, cause 90% of the frustrations are coming from people not understanding the terminology.

#97 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

It's pretty simple- bind/bound means it can be unbound. Locked means it can not be moved.  When it's locked they threw away the key so it can never be unlocked. Use that image to help you remember if you get confused. 

#98 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Its a very easy concept to grasp. However others seem to be struggling greatly to grasp the concept and terminology difference.

#99 Ballistic

Ballistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:24 AM

^^this guy...i swear.  Anyways for some reason there is no use complaining or making valid complaints.  The team that develops this game and oversee's it, has their own vision of what they thinks this game should be.  They impliment all these changes and udates with a promise of a future vision.  The fact that a MAJORITY of the people dont like or want this update, does not seem to resinate at all with Leo and whoever else.  A select few support this update, but its the majority who are being ignored.

#100 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:40 AM

Just because there are few that are complaining here on the forums, does not mean that the majority are against it. This update is hardest on those of us that are playing now. Those that come in the future, won't even think about it, as it will be part of the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users